Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679565 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by surgeonheric(m): 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
I need you contacts @qhutetomsel I want to ask you some question please this my mail princeheicson @gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Jchi9876:

Only Jesus Christ paid for our sins once and for all.

In natural law you get a punishment and even a harder one when you are a repeat offender

Ok boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hello guys, I got 2 Questions I need answers to pls:
1) If one gets two admission and decides on one, is it necessary to email school B that you have picked school A and wont be attending theirs?
2) I have also noticed most folks in the US ask about GTB, Stanbic etc ATM rates, is it that y'all dont have a US bank account or its not ''student-friendly''? or having a Nigerian account, funds are easier to access when sent from Nigeria? Need answers pls!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Mekurexx:
1) If one gets two admission and decides on one, is it necessary to email school B that you have picked school A and wont be attending theirs?
2) I have also noticed most folks in the US ask about GTB, Stanbic etc ATM rates, is it that y'all dont have a US bank account or its not ''student-friendly''? or having a Nigerian account, funds are easier to access when sent from Nigeria? Need answers pls!

1. some school will require your written consent upon giving you admission before they can issue your I 20 while some do not. In cases whereby it is not required, so pick whichever school you are going to and proceed with your admission. But if you are a nice person like me grin then u can write telling them you will not be able to come to their school at this time and maybe you can consider them later.

2. folks here have American bank accounts and the reason we use naija atm and cry because our atm are not working is because some of us still have people sending us money from home and its easier to use our naija atm than making everybody go tru the stress of western union or moneygram just because they are sending you small change.

Also in cases where u are helping folks to make one payment or the other like sevis fee, application fees etc, it is easier if they can just pay into your account and then you use your atm to pay here directly.

MORAL OF THE STORY: WE ALL HAVE BANK ACCOUNTS grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
Mekurexx:

The reason you hear them asking mostly of GTB and Stanbic ATM rates is because of the new CBN bank policy that directs all banks to restrict use of their ATMs abroad. most banks have stopped their ATM cards from working overseas, but only GTB and Stanbic are yet to comply fully with the directives so their cards still work for Naija students to be able to pull their funds from Nigeria.
The other banks now insist that any traveler who wants to use their Nigerian bank issued cards should open a dollar account and procure a dollar denominated card to use overseas. A few other bank cards may still work but these 2 are the only ones I'm sure of for now.
That said, yes some Yankee students still receive money from home or need to take money from their Naija accounts to pay for items or fees for friends and relatives.

#modified

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
aadeyi:

1. some school will require your written consent upon giving you admission before they can issue your I 20 while some do not. In cases whereby it is not required, so pick whichever school you are going to and proceed with your admission. But if you are a nice person like me grin then u can write telling them you will not be able to come to their school at this time and maybe you can consider them later.

2. folks here have American bank accounts and the reason we use naija atm and cry because our atm are not working is because some of us still have people sending us money from home and its easier to use our naija atm than making everybody go tru the stress of western union or moneygram just because they are sending you small change.

Also in cases where u are helping folks to make one payment or the other like sevis fee, application fees etc, it is easier if they can just pay into your account and then you use your atm to pay here directly.

MORAL OF THE STORY: WE ALL HAVE BANK ACCOUNTS grin cheesy

Hmmmmmm

I thought it's kolo you people are using over there...

gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
signature2012:

Slimmy2005 a brother from another mother,may God bless you beyond your expectation.
Flash back 1st week of December 2015.

@gunther8,if the account the scammer gave you is a first bank account,plz kindly drop it,will expose the person behind it.
My Oga, make you torchlight me oo.

Please, how can I get used phones here in US aside, ebay, amazon, offerup, swappa? Someone asked me to get him Samsung S6 Duos.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
Walspring:

Hmmmmmm

I thought it's kolo you people are using over there...

gringringrin

yes ooowe dey use kolo to keep coins cos nobody wan carry coins go bank na and atm no dey allows coins deposit.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
slimmy2005:
My Oga, make you torchlight me oo.

Please, how can I get used phones here in US aside, ebay, amazon, offerup, swappa? Someone asked me to get him Samsung S6 Duos.

Thanks

Baba nla... download 5miles app or visit a pawn store near u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
plauses:

The reason you hear them asking mostly of GTB and Stanbic ATM rates is because of the new CBN bank policy that directs all banks to restrict use of their ATMs abroad. most banks have stopped their ATM cards from working overseas, but only GTB and Stanbic are yet to comply fully with the directives so their cards still work for Naija students to be able to pull their funds from Nigeria.
The other banks now insist that any traveler who wants to use their Nigerian bank issued cards should open a dollar account and procure a dollar denominated card to use overseas. A few other bank cards may still work but these 2 are the only ones I'm sure of for now.
That said, yes some Yankee students still receive money from home or need to take money from their Naija accounts to pay for items or fees for friends and relatives.

#modified
Bro, men I just read your story now. See, there are lots of scammers on here, who would upload cute pics faking being rich, lying about Howard and Yale. Imagine a lady who is online 24/7 claiming she's been here and has that luxury of time.

I don't even have the time to keep up with 3 square meal or cut my hair. Each time I punch my calc to see the amount I'll make with 80hrs a week the motivation grows. it took me several attempt to remember my nairaland password.

Becareful with folks here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
aadeyi:

Baba nla... download 5miles app or visit a pawn store near u
Oga me. Baba Chevy, make you torchlight me now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
Angela34real,

I knew this was a mix-up. IT CAN NEVER BE YOU..

How is Texas? Hope you're doing good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
OluDare01:

Lool
Slimmy has spoken grin grin
I wish you were here during the higi haga
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
plauses:

#modified

Bro Gt bank...still works in the US?

I would like to know what I need to do to make mine work when get dere....thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
slimmy2005:
Bro, men I just read your story now. See, there are lots of scammers on here, who would upload cute pics faking being rich, lying about Howard and Yale. Imagine a lady who is online 24/7 claiming she's been here and has that luxury of time.

I don't even have the time to keep up with 3 square meal or cut my hair. Each time I punch my calc to see the amount I'll make with 80hrs a week the motivation grows. it took me several attempt to remember my nairaland password.

Becareful with folks here.

Boss! Thanks for the tip. As regards that matter, I've long forgotten about it! Gunther felt It just had to come out at that point because apparently, I wasn't the only one she/he was asking to send money!
Funny thing is I never knew she had a cute picture uploaded, I don't have enough time to look out for those minute details.
The only reason I PM'ed was solely on the offer of USD, and that was because she had posted about successfully selling to some users on here!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
dicapino:

Bro Gt bank...still works in the US?

I would like to know what I need to do to make mine work when get dere....thanks

Before you travel, walk into Gtbank and tell them you're traveling out and they should activate your card for use abroad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by halidaf: 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
dicapino:
The only funny thing from all this (if true), is that most guys on here I would say were cajoled by the persons bombastic statement that she always made. MsNas was really the first to raise a redflag on her, but still folks let her off the hook

#word

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.