Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (684268 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bolaji92: 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello House, please i try making payment in Naira equivalent with my Gtbank Master Naira card for flight booking and reservation on Royal Air Maroc official website but i get the error "payment not accepted :Payment refused by financial institution.

Please any suggestion on how to book online instead of going through third party agent.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Mekurexx:
What was the total no of credits for the program?

30 credit hours but I did 33 credit hours because the 2 biology courses I picked came with labs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by folkvangr: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
mevisbleek:

Good Morning Carik,

Hope this message finds you well. Almost all schools require TOEFL. However, they will be willing to waive it for you if your previous course of study was taught in English. My wife got accepted to University of Denver and it stipulated on their site that TOEFL is required but I picked up the phone and called them and we were able to get a waiver.

My advise for you is to contact the schools you have in mind via phone or email to see if they can waive the TOEFL for you. Regarding the issue of not been able to afford the test, in Igbo we say, when right hand wash left hand, left hand will in turn wash right hand. What I am trying to say is, contact the school and if you are not able to secure a waiver, touch base with me and I will be more than happy to swipe my card online for you to pay for the GRE (guess its about 300 bucks or so).

No disrespect for offering to pay for the test for you. I know that you are capable but I was offended when someone said "Abroad is not for everyone"

Do have a wonderful day.

Maybe I said it too harshly but bro GRE, TOEFL fee constitute 5% probably less of his expenses, if he is struggling with that you will do him more favors by just giving him the money... Will you also pay for his TOEFL, SEVIS, embassy fee, enrollment deposit, will you ship his I-20? Go abroad when you can survive for at least a semester... If not Good luck. GRE is $205 by the way

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
folkvangr:

Maybe I said it too harshly but bro GRE, TOEFL fee constitute 5% probably less of his expenses, if he is struggling with that you will do him more favors by just giving him the money... Will you also pay for his TOEFL, SEVIS, embassy fee, enrollment deposit, will you ship his I-20? Go abroad when you can survive for at least a semester... If not Good luck.

Food for thought however harsh the delivery was . ....... The journey is not an easy and not just about getting the visa which has many financial steps as stated above . How will he source for ticket and other funding but best of luck.

Perhaps when there is a will there a way but it wont be easy.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by folkvangr: 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
This moved me almost to tears. Carik,you're sure destined for greatness.

Like your gesture to sell dollars almost moved plauses etal to ruin... I'm watching you closely, because most of the incident was hidden because it was laced with fight and most new people are too lazy to read back doesn't whitewash your action... And pls don't commit impersonation alongside fraud remove that picture on your profile its not you...

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
folkvangr:

Maybe I said it too harshly but bro GRE, TOEFL fee constitute 5% probably less of his expenses, if he is struggling with that you will do him more favors by just giving him the money... Will you also pay for his TOEFL, SEVIS, embassy fee, enrollment deposit, will you ship his I-20? Go abroad when you can survive for at least a semester... If not Good luck. GRE is $205 by the way

The purpose of this thread is to support those that need help and also provide a shoulder for them to lean on if need be. He only said that he cannot afford TOEFL, he never said that he cannot afford tuition. You could have asked more questions before coming to a conclusion. Please, lets be nice to others and also be careful with our choice of words.

Please eh, I am sorry if my comment offends you.

I have no intention of been rude to you.

Thanks for the letting me know the price of GRE.

Stay blessed.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by folkvangr: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
mevisbleek:

The purpose of this thread is to support those that need help and also provide a shoulder for them to lean on if need be. He only said that he cannot afford TOEFL, he never said that he cannot afford tuition. You could have asked more questions before coming to a conclusion. Please, lets be nice to others and also be careful with our choice of words.

Please eh, I am sorry if my comment offends you.

I have no intention of been rude to you.

Thanks for the letting me know the price of GRE.

Stay blessed.

I have nothing more to add
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
IGNORED;and you don't have to go through the pains of creating another moniker just to spite me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
Probably we should move on....we all are here to seek assistance and to also assist one another.. I pray we all get to the zenith we aim towards. .......shalom.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by folkvangr: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
IGNORED;and you don't have to go through the pains of creating another moniker just to spite me.

No fool this is the previous one is deactivated, this is the best that describes me.... Run your mouth a little longer on this thread Ada and see it overwhelm you and next time you quote me... You are not going to scam anyone on this thread, not on my watch... Remember Obuka Adaeze Perpetua was the GTB account number you gave me, do you recall your answer when I asked for your number, did you later claim your sister owns the dollar, did you not ask for the naira without meeting up, no phone number, no address, you also claimed to have sold 'dollars' to 2 people on this thread and they paid first, please name them... Do I have to go on Be warned!!! Proceed with your business (anything else but scam) quietly on this thread.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Lamlam79: 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
biikeys:

There is the official definition of dependent as far as US immigration is concerned smiley

Sir this is Wrong , Only the spouse and unmarried minor children (under 21 years old) of an F-1 or J1 student are eligible to enter the United States in F2/J2 dependent status. Frequently international students wish to invite their parents or other family members to the U.S. to attend graduation or for a visit can only do so under B1/B2 visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
Call their office on the island, they will give you the naira equivalent. You pay cash (naira) in their office.
bolaji92:
Hello House, please i try making payment in Naira equivalent with my Gtbank Master Naira card for flight booking and reservation on Royal Air Maroc official website but i get the error "payment not accepted :Payment refused by financial institution.

Please any suggestion on how to book online instead of going through third party agent.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
@ Mekurexx,

Though this is coming late. Are you already in school or you're just about to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
folkvangr:

No fool this is the previous one is deactivated, this is the best that describes me.... Run your mouth a little longer on this thread Ada and see it overwhelm you and next time you quote me... You are not going to scam anyone on this thread, not on my watch... Remember Obuka Adaeze Perpetua was the GTB account number you gave me, do you recall your answer when I asked for your number, did you later claim your sister owns the dollar, did you not ask for the naira without meeting up, no phone number, no address ... Do I have to go on Be warned!!! Proceed with your business (anything else but scam) quietly on this thread.
Lol,decided to ignore everyone but I'll just reply you one last time. It shows above how bitter you are,I did not take or scam anybody douche bag. Ada is not my name,Adaeze is my sister's name and Obuka is her husband's name. My full names are ANGELA NKIRUKA NWORA. And I gave my sister's account to only two people on this thread. And my Diamond bank account to only two people a guy and a lady whom I gave money to while I was still in Nigeria. So,whine all you want cry baby. Am not gonna reply you again cause I don't want to derail the thread in respect to the moderator Justwise.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
@ folkvangr and Angelapinkytoes,

Can we move on?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Starting August..
imperiouxx:
Though this is coming late. Are you already in school or you're just about to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by pennstate(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Lol,decided to ignore everyone but I'll just reply you one last time. It shows above how bitter you are,I did not take or scam anybody douche bag. Ada is not my name,Adaeze is my sister's name and Obuka is her husband's name. My full names are ANGELA NKIRUKA NWORA. And I gave my sister's account to only two people on this thread. And my Diamond bank account to only two people a guy and a lady whom I gave money to while I was still in Nigeria. So,whine all you want cry baby. Am not gonna reply you again cause I don't want to derail the thread in respect to the moderator Justwise.
Stop responding and move on!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
imperiouxx:

Can we move on?
if you noticed I've moved on from the BS he keeps quoting me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:

I am not commenting on this but Angela how do you get your start date wrong repeatedly. For me that puts your credibility into question among others. if you are really a new Howard Uni student u say u are . I saw a previous post about that today. ...anyway that all for me.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by folkvangr: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:

Pls name the nairalanders you gave dollars as you claimed ... Cc gunther6 , plauses , justwise pls do I have your permission to post screenshots here And listen bitch you couldn't scam anybody because you tactics was so 1995 and people talk both online and offline here... Bitch gave out account number fot payment but couldn't give out phone number because she 'prefers to talk via mail' and 'Adaeze does not Bleep with her money'.... I dey your case e go soon ripe for you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by folkvangr: 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
imperiouxx:

Can we move on?

Bros I absolutely can but can't you see it, this girl is embedding herself back in this thread, she in currently in hibernation like a polar bear in summer very soon when summer passes and most of the regulars are no busy with school or work what stops her from going on a mass duping spree, plenty of money exchanges hands on this thread everyday with no other guarantee but just one's reputation on this thread. We must be vigilant.. The 'babe' cannot even make up her mind where she had her undergraduate, on her transcript it is in Nigeria, in her conversations with boys it is Germany

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
if that's truly your full name, your name is not on the Howard new student list.

Nigerians are all over the American universities. This summer, people are even doing volunteer at the International student office. Your name is not on new student list, neither has it ever establish any contact with howard. Freaking ass liar. You irritate me.

can you please just stop commenting because you keep spreading your dirty linen.

If you dare quote me, I will expose you.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Mekurexx:
Starting August..

I see the reason behind your first post that I quoted. Your school case about the credit hours is rare and not the norms. About the department schedule that I mentioned, it's what you called timetable. They are already made. I believe you're going for a grad studies. If yes, you will see how small your class would be, so you don't get to switch classes for the same course. That is, if you're going for a science course, you might not see any convenient schedule that would leave a day for you without being in class. If you're doing thesis as a science student, you may be in school on weekends, vacations and summers. This is a first hand experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
folkvangr:

Bros I absolutely can but can't you see it, this girl is embedding herself back in this thread, she in currently in hibernation like a polar bear in summer very soon when summer passes and most of the regulars are no busy with school or work what stops her from going on a mass duping spree, plenty of money exchanges hands on this thread everyday with no other guarantee but just one's reputation on this thread. We must be vigilant.. The 'babe' cannot even make up her mind where she had her undergraduate, on her transcript it is in Nigeria, in her conversations with boys it is Germany

I understand you and good that you are doing your part but let's not keep it going on and on so that the issue don't get hijacked again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
zeezahbee:
if that's truly your full name, your name is not on the Howard new student list.

Nigerians are all over the American universities. This summer, people are even doing volunteer at the International student office. Your name is not on new student list, neither has it ever establish any contact with howard. Freaking ass liar. You irritate me.

can you please just stop commenting because you keep spreading your dirty linen.

I think she not a student there as well and this would have been easy to verify. Thanks for letting people here know. You all be cautious, its really faceless so anybody can be anyone

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
bolaji92:

Thanks

Try again at midnight
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
imperiouxx:

I understand you and good that you are doing your part but let's not keep it going on and on so that the issue don't get hijacked again.
Bros, the fact that she has the mind to come back here and feel like a boss is disgusting. Unrepentant liar.

People on this nairaland has found out many scammers on nairaland and this scammers either delete their account or never show up again.

She kept emphasizing that she didn't take any money from anyone. if those people were stupid, she could have taken the money. She is not even on Howard list. She should just keep quiet on this thread because her lies are suffocating.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by femoalaofin: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
hello all, I am exceedingly glad that I am part of this beautiful family here, I pray we all succeed, our efforts blessed beyond measure, divinely favoured at everything we do, very healthy with sound mind, and lastly, alive to see our goals nd dreams actualized.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
zeezahbee:

Wow, I refuse to believe that Angela is a scammer. Ms. Angie, please if you truly are t who they say you are, I take God beg you, pity Nigerians, country don already spoil and men just dey manage to make money. An agent named Eduworld Int in Ikeja scammed me of 2.5m in 2009 so I know how it feels to be scammed.

If you are into the fast lane there are others ways of making fast money like importing of tokunbo toilet seat, importation of contraband tire, helping students write their assignment or starting up your own escort company and hire girls from Cambodia.

Well, God knows the truth.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I think she not a student there as well and this would have been easy to verify. Thanks for letting people here know. You all be cautious, its really faceless so anybody can be anyone
Yes , make she screenshot her i20 and the Howard packet they send to new student. they haven't even done new student orientation.

she should also screenshot the admission letter Yale gave her grin. yeye dey smell

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
zeezahbee:

Pick up line....whitewash

I love detective zeezahbee....will u marry me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by femoalaofin: 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.