Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679918 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 1:22am On Jul 13, 2016
nellyalph:

4 wetin?? Flight tickets are high as weed these days! I saw royal maroc for 291k today and that the cheapest so far followed by Qatar and turkish

That's the work of Oshogbo weed..

grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 1:26am On Jul 13, 2016
OluDare01:
A lady got denied and I was like

The VO asked her what do you currently do?
She said I am a. Computer operator at my Dad's company.
VO- which software do you use?
Lady- she went blank angry

I was like and you studied computer scienc
Guys going to the embassy and prospective applicants.
Please don't use agents, I take God beg you.
Know your field very well. I was well prepared for any chemistry question.

Wish everyone success

Nawa oooo!!! During imy interview, the asked a couple how much do they have in their bank account, the lady said they have a lot and I knew she was going to be denied.
They even asked a friend what was his highest grade in waec and what subject?
The whole idea is to be involved with the entire visa process.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 1:28am On Jul 13, 2016
OluDare01:
A lady got denied and I was like

The VO asked her what do you currently do?
She said I am a. Computer operator at my Dad's company.
VO- which software do you use?
Lady- she went blank angry

I was like and you studied computer scienc
Guys going to the embassy and prospective applicants.
Please don't use agents, I take God beg you.
Know your field very well. I was well prepared for any chemistry question.

Wish everyone success

Maybe she was confused and expecting the VO to use the word application..

Is the lady going for Bsc or Msc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2016
nellyalph:

Nawa oooo!!! During imy interview, the asked a couple how much do they have in their bank account, the lady said they have a lot and I knew she was going to be denied.
They even asked a friend what was his highest grade in waec and what subject?
The whole idea is to be involved with the entire visa process.
Naso one guy dey form fake American accent o

I have been to Malaysia and Dubai.
Then where are you going in the US?
He went blank. I couldn't believe it.
People should be prepared for any question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 1:30am On Jul 13, 2016
OluDare01:

No be small thing o

Congrats bros, you were among the people that answered my question the first I came to this thread!!

Well done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2016
Walspring:

Maybe she was confused and expecting the VO to use the word application..

Is the lady going for Bsc or Msc?
Msc, her voice was shaking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 1:34am On Jul 13, 2016
nellyalph:

Congrats bros, you were among the people that answered my question the first I came to this thread!!

Well done
Seriously cheesy thanks bro
Woow, people here are very nice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by angel34real(f): 1:35am On Jul 13, 2016
OluDare01:

Thanks ma'am.
I learnt alot from your experience last year.
God bless you abundantly

Amen.....congratulations once again and enjoy your stay in Obama-land.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:29am On Jul 13, 2016
OluDare01:

Naso one guy dey form fake American accent o

I have been to Malaysia and Dubai.
Then where are you going in the US?
He went blank. I couldn't believe it.
People should be prepared for any question.

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 5:36am On Jul 13, 2016
OjaP:
Dick and Texrem,

Do you guys attend Celestial Church?

I'm an empyrean.....Full empyrean...Please don't tell me u re one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 5:37am On Jul 13, 2016
Walspring:

100% Yes for texrem

Partially yes for Dick

They are both your brothers in the Lord grin grin grin grin grin

You re in spirit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 5:37am On Jul 13, 2016
OluDare01:
VISA APPROVED TODAY IN LAGOS
Apology please i talk alot.

The journey that started about 18months ago was consolidated today with the approval of my F1 visa.
Got to the embassy by 5:10am and those agents surrounded me but I was just using them to catch fun. Took out time to educate some gullible guys that wanted to fall for their trap.
I was so confident, I think my confidence level was 99.9%.

Well, we passed through all the check-in and some guys were turned back for offences ranging from DS160 barcode to sevis receipt. Some did not even have the right documents.

Fastforward, we got inside and I just dey form oversabi grin dont mind me. The lady was like you folded your i-20 and sevis receipt already cheesy
So after all the initial gragra, I finally joined the queue, was the 10th person.
Turned on the pastor mode, no be small thing o
( praying in the holy ghost)
Three Vos came and interviews started. They were just dishing out denial like gift.
See guys froming fake american accent, no be small thing o
Gbam, so i was interviewed by the lady in window 7, the babe before me was also approved.
My approval was the third
Here is the conversation
Me – Good Morning
VO – Pass me your documents
VO- Why are you going to the US?
Me- I am going to the US to pursue my masters degree in Chemistry with a concentration in analytical and environmental chemistry at Tennesee Tech University, Cookeville.
VO- what do you currently do?
Me- I just concluded my NYSC where i taught chemistry in a secondary scvhool. I also volunteered as a radio presenter
VO- (looks at me for the first time) What will you do after your studies?
Me- Few weeks ago, the FG launched a $10m clean up of oil spill in Ogonni land in the Niger Delta.
I plan to return to Nigeria to help in environmental remediation and fighting environmental pollution,
I will take up lecturing jobs in Nigerian Universities, I wanna be a Prof of Chemistry grin
VO- (looks at me) i will be approving your VISA. Then i became deaf temporarily.
Be confident, I was so confident and eloquent. Didn't do any rehearsal atall, maybe cos I've been reading transcripts here and I did the whole application myself.

Thanks to everyone here,you guys are doing a great job.
To the gurus
slimmy2005( Mr nice guy, God bless you real good), imperiouxx, MsNas, Zeezahbee, Bigfrancis Aadeyi,profdot, Ojap,mevisbleek, GboyegaD,bbdd,lagosismyhome,deetus et al, keep on doing the good work here.
SirRiddy, I don't know how to thank you for all the info. More grace
Kennyronny, the guy with a big heart

To my brothers from another mother Gunther6, dickoflife,texrem, don4ye, fizzle,lionlee216, Bukunmy, temi4fash...the list is endless, God bless you real good.

Can't forget beautiful purplesummergrin rhemmie91 ratchy,calfavour,et all
My brother from another mother, a friend, classmate, genius, call him anything book grin profx4real

Fortissimo, I can't forget you( you're very humble and down to earth) and Cutemorgan, the cutest guy alive grin, my mentor and a rare gem I should say. Thanks for the support.
Warriboy21 for the humour wink valpo police torch grin
Rheenah kiss

Finally Walspring, may God grant your heart desires. I strongly believe God rewards His faithful servants.

I think I have tried. Sorry for the error of omission.
This thread is more like my family
Love y'all
Congratulations sir

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 6:31am On Jul 13, 2016
Balancing of equation sir...
Walspring:

Is this a prayer or curse
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 6:34am On Jul 13, 2016
You be john the forerunner? Abi usain bolt the speed racer?
texrem:

Congrats brotherly...See me immediately u touch down tennessee..Make I go prepare ground.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 6:36am On Jul 13, 2016
Yes sir, born bread and buttered there for..... Years now sir.
OjaP:
Dick and Texrem,

Do you guys attend Celestial Church?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 6:38am On Jul 13, 2016
Wos wobi,, warn yourself oh... Don't come and use word of mouth deny me citizenship for heaven o.
Walspring:

100% Yes for texrem

Partially yes for Dick

They are both your brothers in the Lord grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dgman11234: 6:49am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello,

I have my student visa, I want to book qatar airways to Chicago but I have realised they have a stopover at heathrow airport london. I want to know if I would be required to get a UK transit visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:12am On Jul 13, 2016
dgman11234:
Hello,

I have my student visa, I want to book qatar airways to Chicago but I have realised they have a stopover at heathrow airport london. I want to know if I would be required to get a UK transit visa

No transit visa needed , as long as u don't pass UK immigration or come out of the airport .....

Btw we did not see your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pelaiye2703(m): 7:48am On Jul 13, 2016
Good morning fellas, I do appreciate the good work and efforts immersed here, may God continue to bless you all. I am an HND graduate in urban and regional planning with lower credit, 2.7 cgpa to be precise. So my chances of getting an M.sc is kinda slim (based on my findings).
I want to apply as a transfer student into undergraduate program and later proceed for my M.sc program.

Did anyone have an idea how possible that is, or the best thing to do in lieu of my decision?

Secondly, do i have a chance to get full tuition waiver or scholarship based on my past familiarity with the course?

Cc: Oludare01, Lagosismyhome, Texrem, Aadeyi, Dickoflife, Walspring, Fizzile, Gunther, Deetus, Mevesbleek, Rheenah, Mznas, etc. In short i call on everybody, please help a brother. As I don tey for this thread no be todae..#THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2016
Pelaiye2703:
Good morning fellas, I do appreciate the good work and efforts immersed here, may God continue to bless you all. I am an HND graduate in urban and regional planning with lower credit, 2.7 cgpa to be precise. So my chances of getting an M.sc is kinda slim (based on my findings).
I want to apply as a transfer student into undergraduate program and later proceed for my M.sc program.

Did anyone have an idea how possible that is, or the best thing to do in lieu of my decision?

Secondly, do i have a chance to get full tuition waiver or scholarship based on my past familiarity with the course?

Cc: Oludare01, Lagosismyhome, Texrem, Aadeyi, Dickoflife, Walspring, Fizzile, Gunther, Deetus, Mevesbleek, Rheenah, Mznas, etc. In short i call on everybody, please help a brother. As I don tey for this thread no be todae..#THANKS

Ur CGPA is low but if u can write standardized exams u can beat it.. but ur CGPA will be evaluated first to see if it meet the require standard, that's only when u can use ur standardized test to secure a scholarship.

Yes the transfer might work but likely getting full tuition is not guaranteed, but depending on ur school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2016
Pelaiye2703:

I will advice you to search for some schools that accept low GPA of 2.5 or 2.6 then prepare well for toefl and have atlease 300 and above. Believe me ur gpa is not that bad. If evaluated, it will possibly move up. So remove that impression that your chances are slim. Check these schools:
1. Cal state university, L.A
2. Cal state university, East Bay
3. Cal state university, Dominquez hills
4. University of Texas, El Paso
5. University of South Alabama
6. West Texas A&M
7. South East Missouri State University.
These schools accept GPA of 2.5, 2.7 depending on ur course. Write or call the graduate coordinator in the department and get a few information. Also check the requirements.
Hope it helps. Don't lose hope my brother, your GPA is not as bad as u think
But i must emphasize, WRITE GRE !!!! cos it will really help,even when it comes to funding.
All the best to you.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ekofisk(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2016
dgman11234:
Hello,

If you wanna sight see during your layover you might not need a transit visa. You're exempted because you have a valid US visa. VISAS of Canada, New Zealand and Australia also makes you exempted. Here is the little twist: You will need a Transit Visa if you transit overnight in the UK. Endeavor to check the existing rules via gov.UK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2016
Visa approved 6:30 am yesterday at the Lagos consulate by that tough guy in window 6. Those present there would have noticed I was the first person he approved that morning ( lady on lemon coloured blazers and black skirt) after denying the first 3 people he attended to. He was just dashing out denials like its his wedding invitation, while the female VO beside him was very lenient. I give God all the glory. Transcript loading.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pelaiye2703(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2016
texrem:

I did that, I mean the evaluation with Wes GPA calculator, still 2.7 am looking forward to write GRE....thanks bro
Ur CGPA is low but if u can write standardized exams u can beat it.. but ur CGPA will be evaluated first to see if it meet the require standard, that's only when u can use ur standardized test to secure a scholarship.[right][/right]
Yes the transfer might work but likely getting full tuition is not guaranteed, but depending on ur school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2016
Loverswater:

Like which year be that please?
This year sir, May 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 9:04am On Jul 13, 2016
Tods:
Visa approved 6:30 am yesterday at the Lagos consulate by that tough guy in window 6. Those present there would have noticed I was the first person he approved that morning ( lady on lemon coloured blazers and black skirt) after denying the first 3 people he attended to. He was just dashing out denials like its his wedding invitation, while the female VO beside him was very lenient. I give God all the glory. Transcript loading.

Congratulations girl!
Lol ur so funny

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2016
Tods:
Congratulations dear. I've been waiting silently to hear your success story.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2016
OluDare01:
VISA APPROVED TODAY IN LAGOS
Apology please i talk alot.

The journey that started about 18months ago was consolidated today with the approval of my F1 visa.
Got to the embassy by 5:10am and those agents surrounded me but I was just using them to catch fun. Took out time to educate some gullible guys that wanted to fall for their trap.
I was so confident, I think my confidence level was 99.9%.

Congrats, were you that tall guy on black suits?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 9:10am On Jul 13, 2016
Tods:
You're that beautiful Lady I saw grin grin
Yh that guy in window 6 dey drill people no be small o
The lady is window 7 approved me.

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.