Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680343 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Urbanboy(m): 11:44am On Jul 26, 2016
gunther6:
Just got into Dubai #chilling in a business lounge a swear I must be rich. A lot of rich people around grumbling about the economy , I just look them like fetty WAP. Anyways if you need dollars you can always exchange it at Travelexx at your airlines hub. I just withdrew $500 at #330 to a dollar. If you want to extract maximum value withdraw dirham from an ATM and convert over the counter.

Pls what's the daily atm withdrawal limit? I thought it was 300$. Info please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 11:52am On Jul 26, 2016
Urbanboy:

I think it depends on ur bank...I withdrew 250$ cos that's my bank limit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
toprealman:
Hated everthing US when they denied me visa to attend OTC some years back. Applied from UK and was bounced at their London office. The chinko guy just messed me up for nothing. Was in the middle of my MSc then, on full scholarship and had no plan of stay in back in US but was told I had no ties. To marry when you are not ready na by force
I am seriously having a rethink......

No mind those yeye people but u cant blame them sha ......Those rejections among others is what they are using to Sustain the cost of running the Embassy building and operations tongue

Nothing do u , loads of people get rejected one time or the other ......E no even mean anything , aside from the initial disappointment. Once u weight your option if US go favor u , no make one Chinko man stop u oooooo . Never

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
texrem:

I think it depends on ur bank...I withdrew 250$ cos that's my bank limit.

Pls what's your bank? And what's weekly limit?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
toprealman:
what's the school name? JH is gingering me to send in application. That I stand a chance for full sponsorship. Another school I just contacted even offered to invite me over to have a feel of their facility and meet with the faculty.....at my expense!!! make e no be my application fee them de find!
Both schools require GRE.... omo I am not just cut out for such now....will sure pass if I get on with it.
I have just downloaded enough GRE materials online tho. Expecting to get some feedbacks this week as I intend pushing out 2/3 application only next week. waiting on your response as per ur school name.....no time!!!

University of Wisconsin - Stout. Are you going for MS or PHD? I doubt if that school offer the course in PhD. As per your visa delay, It's always difficult getting visa from another country other than your country of origin when you've not established some good and strong ties to your country of origin. But you can apply again bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by calfavour(f): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
OluDare01:

Seriously
Never knew it would be this high

I really doubt that out come. I hope S/he keyed in grades and units probably. Cos a CGPA of 3.51 came out as 3.2. ...now 3.25 coming to 3.21.
I Stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
calfavour:

I really doubt that out come. I hope S/he keyed in grades and units probably. Cos a CGPA of 3.51 came out as 3.2. ...now 3.25 coming to 3.21.
I Stand to be corrected.

Which Conversion are we talking about here?

IERF or WES

Do IERF have an unofficial conversion like WES?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
Urbanboy:

I wrote a letter addressed to the manager at Stanbic asking for a temporary extension of blah blah blah besides you can use POS it has no such limit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
NairaSea23:

University of Wisconsin - Stout. Are you going for MS or PHD? I doubt if that school offer the course in PhD. As per your visa delay, It's always difficult getting visa from another country other than your country of origin when you've not established some good and strong ties to your country of origin. But you can apply again bro.
if I get you correctly a Nigerian leaving in Europe want to enter yankee its difficult?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
calfavour:

I Stand to be corrected.
The thing shocked me too o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
smithsydny:
if I get you correctly a Nigerian leaving in Europe want to enter yankee its difficult?

You've more to prove compare to when you apply from your own country. Except you already have a well established ties to both Europe and your home country...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Urbanboy(m): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
With POS you mean i ll pay the person changing dollars at the airport and then he gives me usd, that is i pay with naira and he gives me usd?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
NairaSea23:

You've more to prove compare to when you apply from your own country. Except you already have a well established ties to both Europe and your home country...
wahala dey ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
smithsydny:
wahala dey ooo.

grin grin grin Been Abroad doesn't mean u have express ticket to enter another country

There this program Australian Border control , u need to see the way Australian dey bounce American, British oo , them fit bounce anyone entering their country with reasons off course

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
LagosismyHome:

grin grin grin Been Abroad doesn't mean u have express ticket to enter another country

There this program Australian Border control , u need to see the way Australian dey bounce American, British oo , them fit bounce anyone entering their country with reasons off course
oyinbo dey bounce oyinbo.. thank u jare

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Dreamhigh2016(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
please house can a person banned from entering canada get us students visa?urgent response pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dreamhigh2016:
please house can a person banned from entering canada get us students visa?urgent response pls.

Banned is a strong word ...........Banned or denied visa . They mean two different things.
if its "banned" then that problem is not going away anytime soon and can pop up at any trip to other embassies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dreamhigh2016:

That would depend on why the person in question was banned. Note that embassies do share some level of information. The US and Canada especially share a lot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sunnypastic(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
zt:

Great. That means you can press them to send the pdf format of the admission letter to your email. What do you think?
That's right am expecting it today hopefully.
Thanks a lot bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by toprealman: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
NairaSea23:

PhD bro....will check out the school. Nice one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sunnypastic(m): 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
emma1996:
Well I will be writing the GRE soon though even if it not a requirement for the programme. What is 3.25/5 on a 4.0?

if 3.25:5 the
Q:4
therefore Q=3.25x4/5=2.6
Q=2.6

So 2.6 is the equivalent on a 4 point grade
Pls I stand to be corrected am just using normal mathematical approach but believe they have their own methods of evaluation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Stoke(m): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi guys, I am going to SIUe in 2days am looking for someone to fix me in a temporary accommodation for a few days while I search. Kindly help me out if you are anywhere around St.Louis or Edwardsville or a reference. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
sunnypastic:

therefore Q=3.25x4/5=2.6
Q=2.6

wrong! It doesn't work that way my friend. Walspring kindly drop a link for foreign credit conversion or go to Wes website you'll see a free tool there

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
sunnypastic:

therefore Q=3.25x4/5=2.6
Q=2.6

Bros, Its not as easy as these ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Songitto(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
gunther6:
My people I hail na flight WiFi I dey use dey talk, how una dey? Enough gist I don tire and sleep no free come. Na POE remain make Jah see me through. #blessings

Save trip gunther, God be with you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by amakachigerry: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi peeps! Clarification needed.
When ones flight has two stops for instance when is going with \Etihad Airways and his stops are Lagos to Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to USA, does one need a transit visa in Frankfurt in order to by pass the immigration officers in Frankfurt Germany since the stop over is just for few hours (4-5 hours). Then can international students going for their students to US and has a two years visa take a one way flight to US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by teejaf(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
sunnypastic:

therefore Q=3.25x4/5=2.6
Q=2.6

It doesn't work like that. Use D's site: http://wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp to convert ur cgpa to us 4.00 standard by inputting all ur courses one after the other.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by uptimidst(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
I thank God for my own. Now i believe this visa thing na just luck. I had a 1:00 interview 2day and i was approved. #just b urself

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
amakachigerry:
Hi peeps! Clarification needed.
When ones flight has two stops for instance when is going with \Etihad Airways and his stops are Lagos to Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to USA, does one need a transit visa in Frankfurt in order to by pass the immigration officers in Frankfurt Germany since the stop over is just for few hours (4-5 hours). Then can international students going for their students to US and has a two years visa take a one way flight to US.

international students going for their students to US and has a two years visa take a one way flight to US ............. This is begining to sound like a broken record . Yes and its been mentioned several times . If your course is more than one year you are allowed to take one way flight

Germany as long as you dont plan to leave the airport (pass through immigration) then u dont need a transit.. You would have to roam about in the airport and dont come out .... find your next boarding gate and wait there ....... If you want to come out of the airport to visit somebody in Germany (means u pass through immigration) then yes you need a regular tourist visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by teejaf(m): 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
uptimidst:
I thank God for my own. Now i believe this visa thing na just luck. I had a 1:00 interview 2day and i was approved. #just b urself
Congratulations. Waiting for transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
Stoke:
Hi guys, I am going to SIUe in 2days am looking for someone to fix me in a temporary accommodation for a few days while I search. Kindly help me out if you are anywhere around St.Louis or Edwardsville or a reference. Thanks.
Check LinkedIn and connect with someone in your school.
It's easier that way

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.