Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (682067 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
femi321:
thank you for this..i will check it out

Lag to washington with Qatar or etihad around that time may be less than 220k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
cutemorgan:
Alhamdulillahi Rabbi 'l' A'lameen... Got to houston around 10pm Nigerian time (4pm in houston) yesterday. I want to appreciate everyone on the thread for everything. Oga aadeyi your head is super valid sir. I really appreciate Big time.
Full travel transcript to follow shortly.
Safe trip brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
zt:

Lag to washington with Qatar or etihad around that time may be less than 220k
Lool.i dont think so..flight fee have risen, I will check that route when i get home
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I would have thought Lagos to Washington Dulles would be expensive....... BWI (Baltimore, MD) maybe cheaper blc DC airports route are more expensive

Yes you are right but I got lagos to washington Dullies at a cheaper rate than to BWI. You know it also depends on the time and day. It may be a good idea for him to check the two.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
zt:

Yes you are right but I got lagos to washington Dullies at a cheaper rate than to BWI. You know it also depends on the time and day. It may be a good idea for him to check the two.

Cool, thanks for the info and i just checked Qatar goes directly to DC from Qatar but if its BWI you get to NY first

Enjoy your Semester !!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
uptimidst:
My appointment was 1:00 2day. After all d scrutinization from d security at d gate down to finger-printing, finally i joined d queue. While on d queue i jst dey observe d whitey for window5 (i guess he's a chelsea fan) because d idiot jst dey dash BLUE copies anyhow. Then i was asked to step forward to window6 (in my mind i was lyk, ok na u wan gimme my visa, oya bring it on .lol. I chuckled) i was feeling prepared 'thanks to nairaland'.... In few seconds my dream was turning to reality right b4 my eyes. Ghen! Ghen!!. v.o: ur documents plz(passport,i-20,sevis receipt)
v.o: do u av relations in u.s
Me: no oo, i dont av realations in u.s, my relations are in nigeria
Vo: how did u get to knw about CCP
Me: i av a friend who is studying a pre-nursing course there.
V.o: y r u going for an associate degree and not a bachelors degree me: (for my mind i say which kind qstn b dis sef) i asked him to repeat himsef (just to buy sum time to think of an ansa, cos dis kind qstn no dey part of my rehearsals..

You don't need this bold word please

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
calfavour:

Don't use that on them please

Don't mind the dude.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ecaaychukwu: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
That was an eye-opener though. Thanks all the same. I'd like to have some private chat with you.
LagosismyHome:

Since it ur 3rd time the first two questions were key and u would have taken it and run with it . Stood out as intelligent to get the Vo attention. I would say especially since its MBA.... does business school people don't play. Very competitive and articulate. ..i didnt get that in ur answers and it would have been better to have received feedback after 1st interview if not u just keep going back saying the same things and accumulating rejection.

Next steps i am not sure ...... you can try again because if u want something u gat to chase it with all u have. But d next time u would need lots of prayers and better responses

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
plauses:
Part 2 of the Travel Transcript
First I thank God for a safe trip, it's been God all the way.
So after spending about 12hours at Istanbul checking out all the different flavors of burgers they have, (tried chicken and chips too) and exploiting the WiFi wherever I found it, we boarded at 5:45. Went through normal checks, passport and I-20, (this time it was the big Airbus. The food was on point!) slept, woke up, watched a movie. After 10 long hours, we arrived Washington Dulles. I promptly filled the customs declaration form for all the Naija food I was carrying.
Then stood in line for CBP screening. Was quite busy today, spent like 1hr 30 mins on the queue.

I arrived and handed him my passport and I-20 first
CBP: hello, pls take off your cap
Plauses: sure!
CBP: ok that's you, are you a returning student?
Plauses: No, new student
CBP: okay, where are you going?
Plauses: West Virginia Uni
CBP: I see you're going for graduate studies, did you have your undergraduate here in the states?
Pls uses: No, Nigeria
CBP: so how did you get this admission?
Plauses: was a very competitive process, took standardized tests and applied, went through series of interviews to evaluate academic and professional prowess and they were quite impressed with my credentials because I was offered a full GA.
CBP: oh I see that's good congratulation. So this includes living expenses too?
Plauses: yes it does.
CBP : are you carrying any foodstuff?
Plauses: yes. Mostly dried foods
CBP: do you have any wet foods/liquids?
Plauses: No all dry foodstuff
CBP: how are you getting to Morgantown today?
Plauses: I booked a local flight to WV
CBP : okay great, welcome to America, here's your I-20

I left, went to claim my luggage and ran upstairs for my connecting flight boarding pass. They charged me $30 for each of my boxes because they said I am only allowed my Hand luggage and laptop bag. Every other checked bag would cost $30. So I paid $60. Would have paid more because my boxes were over 50pounds. But the guy asked me to just remove stuff and put inside my hand luggage that he wouldn't weigh that.
Concluded checking in, and the hunt for free wifi commenced,

Congrats Bro........ Enjoy your stay in Obamaland and me Join U soon God Favour Me in my next Journey of Life Amen IJN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
zt:

please let talk on whatspp. check my signature for my number asap. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
cutemorgan:
Alhamdulillahi Rabbi 'l' A'lameen... Got to houston around 10pm Nigerian time (4pm in houston) yesterday. I want to appreciate everyone on the thread for everything. Oga aadeyi your head is super valid sir. I really appreciate Big time.
Full travel transcript to follow shortly.

Thanks be to God for Safe Trip to Obamaland........ God mercy will be upon U In ur Next Journey Of Life....... I look forward to a day like this for me to drop my own POE Transcript too Favour is all I asked for God....... August on my Mind

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
11th August with Qatar from Lagos, anyone out there??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
nellyalph:
11th August with Qatar from Lagos, anyone out there??

I hope you will see because I am yet to see any myself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
Welcome to Obama land plauses.. even without the pics and paparazzi, I am still feeling your POE parole...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
zt:

I hope you will see because I am yet to see any myself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
nellyalph:
Welcome to Obama land plauses.. even without the pics and paparazzi, I am still feeling your POE parole...

grin shade cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
bukunmmy:

Thanks be to God for Safe Trip to Obamaland........ God mercy will be upon U In ur Next Journey Of Life....... I look forward to a day like this for me to drop my own POE Transcript too Favour is all I asked for God....... August on my Mind
Amen!!!! By God grace it will be a hitch-free journey. May God continue to guide your path and protect your ways. We all can't wait for your transcript boss mi. All is well by God grace.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akset(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
pls who know any school in the united state that can waive GMAT/GRE exam for master programme for nigerian
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
tomisinobbm:

E sir, who age epp?

You don baff?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
akset:
pls who know any school in the united state that can waive GMAT/GRE exam for master programme for nigerian

I will advice you to write any of the two. It helps a lot. What course? So maybe I could recommend my school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
LagosismyHome:

grin shade cool

Na you talk am... and he is even eager to post so that we can all learn...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by teejaf(m): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
akset:
Country doesn't affect GRE or GMAT, it's only language test that can be waived for country. To get schools that waive GRE or GMAT, google is d best solution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
Who went for the education USA program? ?
cc fortissmo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akset(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
masquellett:

I will advice you to write any of the two. It helps a lot. What course? So maybe I could recommend my school
the person avoiding those examination
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
grin daddy ejo mabinu sir.. dem be children wah dey baff for belle belle

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.