Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680195 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
wowchild22:
Hello house, visa issued today Transcripts in a second

congrats and Gods favour
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Very insightful! @ the bolded was highlighted during the educationusa predparture. DUI can lead to revoke of visa and possibly a ban. Not gonna be a great story to tell
slimmy2005:
Less than a week in US. Brother you dey give yourself headache. Sales tax is a norm here. 90% of the states have sales tax. So there is nothing like if you live in a state with sales tax. Even if you buy water, you'll be taxed. As an F-1 working, you won't pay much tax, they only deduct like 7-9 dollars every pay stub for federal tax.

Hardly you'll see Nigerians here spend like this. Naira to dollars would still be ringing constantly in their head, it would take a while to erase such. Stay away from alcohol, please don't ever drink and drive(3% alcohol or so in your system might lead to revocation of your visa as an F-1) if you're pulled over by a cop. DUI is a bad record, keep your record clean, and stay safe. If you're taking alcohol this summer, what then would you take during winter? Ethanol?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by exxy(m): 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
djmakson:

Really? Yea that's how far away you are. If you had been at the SUB building, we might have met. I am there most times.
once i get my insurance straight, ima come over again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bethlehem08: 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
I will be going to south west Minnesota state university next week Friday. I need help from someone already at the school. Anyone Plssss! Thanks and God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bethlehem08: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
U go need book flight asap o. Congrats to u

Kpimp:
here is my transcript
before i slept i put my alarm to wake me by 4:00am so i can pray and rehearse a little with my friend.i woke up 1:00am i slept back and to my surprise i woke up around 5:01.i was like ye! dem won get me today o baba god.left house 5:30 when in the bus there was a hold up which make me almost got angry but my friend calm me that i should relax.got to embassy 6:00.

Vo:who is sponsoring you
me: i said my dad

Vo:what does he do
me:he his a chattered accountant and he works with lagos state ministry of finance and he is also into real estate investment

vo:when did you finish high sch
me:i said 2010

vo:what have you been doing
me:i did my ND from 2012-2014,did my IT in an engineering firm which i was suppose to stop by 2015 but i was retained and that where i work till now.

vo:how many schools
me:3 then i name them(university of central oklahoma,cleveland state university and of course southwest minnesota state university that am going to)

vo:why did you choose this sch
me:: i was fascinated by the ongoing research in the mathematic department more than the others , since that is the area i will specialize in, i got interested and applied.I saw papers regarding Applied Mathematics that covers a wide range of topics in mathematical physics and mathematical modelling. I also seen research on Pure Mathematics involving geometric, analytic and algebraic methods in group theory……. Since I am undergrad some of the Content are advance but its good to know these research are done in the school which will be useful to me when I get there

vo:what do you intend to do with this course
me:i intend to work as a data analyst in a telecom company due to rapid increase in number of mobile phone users in nigeria.my skills and experience will be of high demand in helping in analysing sales report and doing market research so the company can become more productive and make better business decision.

vo:what are you doing now
me:i work at engineering firm where i service air condition,generator and refridgerator

Vo:so have you tried to apply to a university in nigeria
me: was not sure if i said yes or no but i remember saying there is too much strike in nigeria school and the school curriculum is not good that they focus on theory unlike us schools that has a good curriculum and international degree from us would give me edge over other when i apply for jobs in nigeria(was not expecting this question so my reply was not smooth i lost balance for here).

vo:she was saying something you will need this bla bla bla
me:for my mind i was like olorun pls dont let me receive this blue paper again

then she hand over the paper and said i can pick up by thursday
was so happy my file and passport photo fell down had to pick it up fast.

big thanks to you all that posted your transcript and those that encouraged me when i was refused on 28 june akins2016:
thanks to ajibade,Ekofisk, methodjim,Mekurexx and all other members.

special thanks to lagosismyhome i really appreciate all your effort from message to calling.you are a big sister to me cant forget you ooo.
NB:i still feel like am dreaming may be when i collect am my eyes go clear.

i was the guy that wore white pope neck shirt that has like 3 slash color.if any nairaland show today

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
you and @kpimp are heading to the same sch. I'm also heading to MN. What airline are you flying with?
Bethlehem08:
I will be going to south west Minnesota state university next week Friday. I need help from someone already at the school. Anyone Plssss! Thanks and God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bethlehem08: 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mekurexx:
you and @kpimp are heading to the same sch. I'm also heading to MN. What airline are you flying with?

Delta airline LOS to ATL to MSP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by valchuks2020: 10:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mekurexx:
@Mekurexx please I need ur tutor pertaining my pre interview transcript. Please can u pm me? Please boss I will need ur advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
I think travelstart shows US local flight schedule with the prices in naira. Alternatively check studentuniverse for the connecting flight. Wouldnt advise you to book when you get to NYC. it would be more pricey
hi2chuxy:

Thank you once again....is it possible to book the local flight from here or when I get to new York@

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hefhem39(m): 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
LagosismyHome:

hello Sorry i cannot answer your question because i am not clear what it means .....lol

But the reason i am buzzing , i see you are going to Murray state Uni . Can you help cc hi2chuxy on best route to get there

Just seeing his post anyway.
As the boss, you have done justice to his post.
In addition, The Nashville International (BNA) airport is recommended. there is a provision for shuttle service by the school on Aug 8-10 which will leave for Murray at 5:0pm on each day. The shuttle will cost $75 per person which will be billed into you account.
Note. You have to register for shuttle service if you are interested in it and you are going to MSU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
hefhem39:

Just seeing his post anyway.
As the boss, you have done justice to his post.
In addition, The Nashville International (BNA) airport is recommended. there is a provision for shuttle service by the school on Aug 8-10 which will leave for Murray at 5:0pm on each day. The shuttle will cost $75 per person which will be billed into you account.
Note. You have to register for shuttle service if you are interested in it and you are going to MSU.

Many Thanks ..... what your itinerary like from Nigeria and what airline cc hi2chuxy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 10:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bethlehem08:

12th What airline are u taking plz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
tomisinobbm:

In my own opinion, I thought to myself which school doesn't offer research programmes. I was at the EducationUSA briefing last week and the VO spoke again giving rehearsed speeches and generic answers such as student to teacher ratio blah blah.
So I had to research about what was special about my school and thankfully I found a genuine selling point about my school.
I'm not writing off research but if one is to talk about research, should it be quite specific?

Cc lagosismyhome

Cc holuvictory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
Rheenah:

@walspring @oludare shey na gtb better pass there

Nah gtbank sure pass for me but dunno about other banks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bethlehem08:

Delta airline LOS to ATL to MSP

Too much money gringringrin

God don bless you no be small
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Cocaine grin....was just joking with you . Where would u even see it from , me too i never seen am

when are you inviting me for finger licking Ogbono soup ........ grin grin . Nothing like home sweet food someday after stressful day waka . Enjoy .

gringringrin

But you don see am for movies nah

Oh maybe nah powder be that Sha..gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
tomisinobbm:
Visa approved 7.30 am today.
Don't tell its not God because it was him grin
And yeah I talk too much. So I'd add some extra because they are required.
I got to the waiting room. The guy at window 5(Mr Eric) was giving out blue papers like food. I sha prayed I wont go there but I got there cry
But I knew this guy from the educationusa briefing I attended two weeks ago. He clearly stated what he hated to hear. So I was ready for him since I knew them.
Here's the transcript
VO; Good morning
Me; good morning.
VO; Please pass your i20 sevis and passport
Me; (does that)
VO; what's your study plan?
Me; I plan to study computer science at Cameron uni for 48 months.
VO; What is computer science?
Me; (wasn't ready for this, I sha gave him a run down if my curriculum) computer science involves programming languages, implementation, design, algorithm,theories of computer science, etc..
Vo; when did you pay your sevis?
Me; about 3 weeks ago.
Vo; its not reflecting here. ( he types and types and confirms it was paid)
vo; how did you pick your school?
Me; after attending educationusa sessions and my tutorial centre that prepared me for sat, I was advised to make use of college's board big future portal. Which help me narrow down my search.
VO; (cuts in) narrow it down to what?
Me; the excellent curriculum they offered, funding available and affordability (I knew he was going to like this as he mentioned during the education usa session that he wished he had attended community college that he'd have been done with his student loans)
Vo; what are the requirements for graduation?
Me; you need a 2.5 gpa ( wasn't expecting this)
Vo; what courses will you be taking in your first semester?
Me; computer science 101, maths 101, English 101, calculus 101 and physics 101
VO; who would be sponsoring your education?
Me; my mom who is a successful automobile dealer. Also proceeds from my late father's estate would be used. I was also awarded a tuition waiver due to my SAT score.
vo; what was your test score.
Me; I had 1760.
vO; Great work! ( I knew the deal was done when he said this)
VO; I would be approving your visa. Pick it up at blah blah blah.
Me I just snatched my white paper and went.

Didn't check any documents.
Well, I was nervous at some points.
But I could reduce he asked his questions in such a way that you couldn't give a rehearsed speech. But if you have ideas. Then fine. I staggered in some responses.

Thanks to those who helped me from day 1 on here.
Thanks walspring for the mock interview
Texrem for the mock interview and the drilling
And lastly bright (I don't know his moniker) for the mock interview and drilling)
And everyone on here, thank you. smiley

Congrats....

Let's give the thanks to God and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Songitto(m): 11:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
wowchild22:
Having read some transcripts on this forum, i compelled myself to share mine too.

All glory to the almighty, My visa was issued this morning in lagos. I was already praying to be interviewed by a female but as I entered the interview hall, I realised that the GIRLS were not smiling but there was a guy at counter 4 who was sharing visas especially to families and he was cheerful too, luckily I was intervied by him.

Me: good morning sir
vo: no response
vo: pass me your passport and i-20
me: i did
vo: how long is your program of study
me: 30 months, which is 2 & half years
vo: types forever
vo: what & where are going to study
me: i will be studying culinary arts at the associates degree at prince george's community college
vo: long silence, keeps typing
vo: so why didnt you choose a culinary arts school instead of just a college
me: (i wasnt expecting it but i was somehow prepared) I initially planned to study at le cordon bleu in chicago, but the franchise which is originally from france shut down all their operations in the us last december.
vo: didnt your school tell you that you would need to write an exam before you can start the course
me: (i was like alaiye, lemme school you) No, i am not required to write any exam except for the english placement test which i will be writting at the school and introduction to culinary arts which are major prerequisites.
vo: i'm sorry the system is a bit slow this morning
me: (i form smile)
vo: and this certificate would help you when you return
me: yes, very well sir (that definitely wasnt a question)
vo: blah blah blah Isolo (the only thing i heard was ISOLO, and he passed me the white paper and my i-20. that going deaf thing is true lol)

Although i wasnt as confident as i think i should but i maintained eye contact even when he wasnt looking.

In all, I was asked only (5) five questions and i answered them to the best of my knowledge, however i did my research and i prepared. in fact i did 21 days fasting & prayer, and i will testify in church because it could only have been God's doing.

I have almost all my siblings in the us, so i was bothered about them seeing me as a potential immigrant, but God did it for me without sweat.

Anyone going to maryland or prince George's county by month end can dm.

Congrat.., you got it. There are many peep scaring of applying to community college , are you reading now...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fregkay: 12:05am On Aug 02, 2016
fizzile:
Fregkay, u have a good opportunity to get your visa. Many have testified here and so far we have not witnessed denials. Forget the number of times u have been denied, u can get it. Just go through a couple of interviews and not the key points. You should probably be asked what you are going for, the schools u applied, why u chose the school, why the course, if possible u myt be asked your course modules or your research area, what you will do after studies. just go tru some transcripts

Thanks bro

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 02, 2016
Who knows much about unicersity of minnesota pls?quote author=Mekurexx post=48099039]you and @kpimp are heading to the same sch. I'm also heading to MN. What airline are you flying with? [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:18am On Aug 02, 2016
fizzile:
cc: Walspring, I got dis from abokifxdotcom
Nigerians will, from today, struggle harder for
foreign exchange as banks are also looking for it,
especially the United States dollar, to scale up
their loan provisions.
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) gave August 5,
2016, as the deadline for all Deposit Money Banks
(DMBs) to increase their provisioning for foreign
currency-denominated loans and related
exposures.
Analysts say it will now be more difficult for
Nigerians to secure foreign exchange as banks
struggle to keep as much dollars as they can in
their coffers.

August 5th is almost here. I am waiting to see CBN new policy on that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:33am On Aug 02, 2016
@ DaniLeo83, sputos, uptimidst, Kapitain, cabayes, sureb0y, yungwhales, Kpimp, tomisinobbm and wowchild22,

Cheers!

Y'all not forgotten. Sorry it's coming late. When you get here, you will understand what time means.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:34am On Aug 02, 2016
jide039:
good morning great house. VISA APPROVED. 6:30AM transcript loading.....

Still waiting for this to finish loading......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:39am On Aug 02, 2016
femi321:
To all the gurus in US, Please how did you get your textbooks? whats the cheapest way to get textbooks for Engineering? I dont have extra money to throw around biko..cc bigfrancis21 Imperiouxx aadeyi gboyegaD ojap Biikeys etc

Thanks, justice has been done to your question. I usually rent from amazon. They will send you return label when it about time to return the book. Then you mail back with UPS free of charge. If you don't want to spend and have time to search, you can search on _torrent websites. Most of the time, you will hardly find recent edition of books for free online. And be warned, some ISP will flag your internet using _torrent downloader with VPN. Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:40am On Aug 02, 2016
Songitto:

Congrat.., you got it. There are many peep scaring of applying to community college , are you reading now...

And how many people said they were rejected this circle alone before we get this one success? Abegi.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:45am On Aug 02, 2016
phemmy26:
visa approved this morning for my wife and son. Transcript would be posted soon once i get all the required details from her.....

I want to thank all the gurus in the house. Special thanks to @Malory84 also.

Waiting sir. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by phemmy26(m): 5:53am On Aug 02, 2016
Transcript as earlier said. Had to wait so that my wife could give me the full details of the transcript

Arrived at the embassy around 6:20am for the 6:30 appointment.

Here's the transcript
VO; Good morning
Me; good morning.
Me; (does that)
VO; Why are you going to the US
Me; Going to the US for my masters in business Analytics
VO; What school will you be attending
Me; Texas a&m university - commerce
Vo; Did you apply to any other school
Me; I applied to one other school ( Stammers as i tried to recollect the name. It just completely vanished from her thought) the University of North Texas
vo; Where did you do your Under-Graduate
Me; Here in Nigeria
VO; How long ago was that
Me; 2008
Vo; what have you been doing since then
Me; Working
VO; Where is that
Me; Told him
vo; Nods ...OK Then he went ahead to say that so your workplace gave you study leave to pursue the Msc
Me; I nodded with agreement
vO; So yo will be coming back to work with them
Me: Definitely
VO: Have you ever been to the united states
Me: Yes
VO: How long was your stay
Me: 2weeks
VO; Ok. Pick up your visa at blah blah blah

She Got the F1 and F2 for my son who would be accompanying her too.

Please any one going to Texas a&m university commerce

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 6:05am On Aug 02, 2016
Walspring:

Nah gtbank sure pass for me but dunno about other banks

Morning... Biko what is their exchange rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 6:19am On Aug 02, 2016
@ phemmy26 (family),

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 6:46am On Aug 02, 2016
phemmy26:
Transcript as earlier said. Had to wait so that my wife could give me the full details of the transcript

Arrived at the embassy around 6:20am for the 6:30 appointment.

Here's the transcript
VO; Good morning
Me; good morning.
Me; (does that)
VO; Why are you going to the US
Me; Going to the US for my masters in business Analytics
VO; What school will you be attending
Me; Texas a&m university - commerce
Vo; Did you apply to any other school
Me; I applied to one other school ( Stammers as i tried to recollect the name. It just completely vanished from her thought) the University of North Texas
vo; Where did you do your Under-Graduate
Me; Here in Nigeria
VO; How long ago was that
Me; 2008
Vo; what have you been doing since then
Me; Working
VO; Where is that
Me; Told him
vo; Nods ...OK Then he went ahead to say that so your workplace gave you study leave to pursue the Msc
Me; I nodded with agreement
vO; So yo will be coming back to work with them
Me: Definitely
VO: Have you ever been to the united states
Me: Yes
VO: How long was your stay
Me: 2weeks
VO; Ok. Pick up your visa at blah blah blah

She Got the F1 and F2 for my son who would be accompanying her too.

Please any one going to Texas a&m university commerce

Congrats Phemmy. I knew she would get it. Your very determined and serious minded. Oya start packing your bags as we continue to hunt for dollars!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by WESTERNCR: 6:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Good morning my people!

Please I need an urgent help on this: my Jr brother has been accepted at a uni for a four year program but the school hasn't send his I-20 including other admission package and classes starts Aug 31. My question is that shld he just defer the admission to spring or can he still meet up if he receives the I-20 like next week considering the embassy's appointment time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 02, 2016
slimmy2005:

I still have advice for sureb0y, who is so carried away by pu**y. He'll land himself a rape or assault charge if he doesn't thread carefully. Two Nigerians in my school so far have been landed with rape and assault charge. After long battle they survived it, the other later was dismissed for plagiarism.

I just read this, I understand your advice due to your experience and I appreciate it. Carried away by pu**y? Despite all I write, I'm not really that kind of person o. I'm one of the most law abiding persons ever and I try to be as careful as possible. I like woman, I concur. I'm not a man-LovePeddler who jumps from girl to girl. I stick to one girl and only leave when we both decide it's not working out. Sex for me is like three times a month max sef, so please get that Idea away. Thanks sha.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.