Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680251 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 02, 2016
WESTERNCR:
Good morning my people!

Please I need an urgent help on this: my Jr brother has been accepted at a uni for a four year program but the school hasn't send his I-20 including other admission package and classes starts Aug 31. My question is that shld he just defer the admission to spring or can he still meet up if he receives the I-20 like next week considering the embassy's appointment time?

If you have money to spend, contact the school and tell them to look into the option of having it sent through DHL. They'll explain the best way to make that work. it's going to arrive in a matter of days, then you can kick on from there. since classes start Aug 31, you can still visit the embassy up till about Aug 20 or a bit more provided you already make plans to travel instantly when the visa is approved.

The above means, you must have decided on your flight, accommodation, port of entry, what to do immediately you land in the U.S, etc and sound like you know 100% what you're doing and your plan is easy to execute when you speak with the VO. This is going to help at the Embassy.

If you can't meet up, best to defer to Spring 2017.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jaypoundsgmail(m): 7:04am On Aug 02, 2016
phemmy26:
Transcript as earlier said. Had to wait so that my wife could give me the full details of the transcript

Arrived at the embassy around 6:20am for the 6:30 appointment.

Here's the transcript
VO; Good morning
Me; good morning.
VO; Please pass your i20 sevis and passport
Me; (does that)
VO; Why are you going to the US
Me; Going to the US for my masters in business Analytics
VO; What school will you be attending
Me; Texas a&m university - commerce
Vo; Did you apply to any other school
Me; I applied to one other school ( Stammers as i tried to recollect the name. It just completely vanished from her thought) the University of North Texas
vo; Where did you do your Under-Graduate
Me; Here in Nigeria
VO; How long ago was that
Me; 2008
Vo; what have you been doing since then
Me; Working
VO; Where is that
Me; Told him
vo; Nods ...OK Then he went ahead to say that so your workplace gave you study leave to pursue the Msc
Me; I nodded with agreement
vO; So yo will be coming back to work with them
Me: Definitely
VO: Have you ever been to the united states
Me: Yes
VO: How long was your stay
Me: 2weeks
VO; Ok. Pick up your visa at blah blah blah

Didn't check any documents.

She Got the F1 and F2 for my son who would be accompanying her too.

And everyone on here, thank you. smiley

Please any one going to Texas a&m university commerce
Congrats bro. All the best in ur future endeavor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by valchuks2020: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2016
Walspring:

Congrats....

Let's give the thanks to God and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
@Walspring, please boss I pm u, please attend to me sir. Please boss. Thanks and hoping to hear from you soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 7:19am On Aug 02, 2016
Please I need help on the transcript evaluation process, can my school( university) send my transcript to the evaluators by email? Or is it a must it has to be posted,thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2016
sureb0y:

I just read this, I understand your advice due to your experience and I appreciate it. Carried away by pu**y? Despite all I write, I'm not really that kind of person o. I'm one of the most law abiding persons ever and I try to be as careful as possible. I like woman, I concur. I'm not a man-LovePeddler who jumps from girl to girl. I stick to one girl and only leave when we both decide it's not working out. Sex for me is like three times a month max sef, so please get that Idea away. Thanks sha.
Note that you have sex with a girl in a relationship doesn't mean you can't be accused of rape. In all just thread carefully. I'm not attributing you to some who love sex. But the kind of signal whites give, you would automatically think they are into you not knowing that is just a friendly gesture.The guy that was charged with assault got thesame vibes as you got and when he touched her, it became an assault. As a minority there is nothing like my word against yours. You'll be handled roughly and unfairly.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:22am On Aug 02, 2016
sureb0y:

I just read this, I understand your advice due to your experience and I appreciate it. Carried away by pu**y? Despite all I write, I'm not really that kind of person o. I'm one of the most law abiding persons ever and I try to be as careful as possible. I like woman, I concur. I'm not a man-LovePeddler who jumps from girl to girl. I stick to one girl and only leave when we both decide it's not working out. Sex for me is like three times a month max sef, so please get that Idea away. Thanks sha.

Good to hear you are all talk but less action.........i was worried for a second that u need to thread carefully grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 02, 2016
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

This is for those still going for interviews. I have decided to use my spare time to give you some tips. Please note that these tips are random, you must have read most of them elsewhere and/or they'll probably mean nothing to you. I'll just give them regardless. Pay attention and ask me questions if you don't understand; you can also criticize.

1. I noticed many people leaning towards the VOs during their interviews. Like they want to get super close to them to be properly seen/heard. They didn't stop there, they were making many gestures with their hands, speaking with shaky voices and toooooooo freakkiinnnggg robotic in their speech. Before you read tip number two, visit google and type: How to look confident for an interview. Concentrate on what you find on body language and try to master the art. You know what they say about first impression? It goes a long way. Stand confidently, keep your hands where they're supposed to be, and look at the VO as much as you can. Let them know you're unfazed by their appearance/presence.

2. How to speak. Darn, the VOs are humans!!! They're just American citizens doing their jobs. They are not celebs/politicians/horrible bosses that should terrify you. Before the interview starts, prepare yourself in such a way that you feel like you're going there to GIST with the interviewer. Don't think like you're going there to answer questions and supply all the right answers and PASS like it's some test/exam. Be relaxed. You're simply going there to gist them about your plans, when you get there. Speak in the most relaxed way possible. Like you're gisting with your friend. KEEP IT SIMPLE! Don't explain unless they ask you to. keep your answers brief and straight to the point, speaking confidently all the way.

3. Hope for the worst. Imagine yourself getting "the most wicked VO whose hobby is to make applicants sad and depressed by denying them visas. Think up all the reasons in the world for this VO to deny your visa and plan on how to prove to him that you actually deserve the visa. Think up the worst questions possible and prepare for it. Once you prepare for the worst and you're confident that you can handle the worst case scenario, trust me... you'll be good.

4. Don't put yourself under too much pressure. In addition to (3) above, have a plan in case you get a denial. Don't brag to your friends that you're going for an interview thereby putting yourself under pressure to succeed so as not to embarrass yourself. Think about what you're going to do in case you get a denial. What are you going to tell people? what are you going to do afterwards? Have this mindset: See a denial as getting the biggest tip ever! to know all you need to correct to get the visa the next time. Have a positive mindset, and just be happy.

5. I can offer mock interviews via bbm. Before we begin, you'll tell me the level of difficulty you want. If you want me to go very strict and ask you very very tough questions, I'll do it. Trust me, I'm a very very good critic lol. If you no get mind, no make me go hard on you o. So I don't rob you of your confidence. I'm not a VO and I can only ask random and probing questions. you'll feel confident after my mock interview and we're going to discuss how you can improve.

6. Finally, Don't leave everything to God. Don't go there underprepared and think God is going to take control. HE WON'T!!! Go there and be prepared, be in charge. it's only a 5 minute interview. Go there to gist with the VO and let him know your plans to go to the U.S and come back home.

I hope this helps someone. Good morning.

PS: I type too fast, I write a lot in so short a time. I apologize to those who hate long scripts. Forgive the grammatical errors, I'm not gonna read this again before posting.

28 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
Note that you have sex with a girl in a relationship doesn't mean you can't be accused of rape. In all just thread carefully. I'm not attributing you to some who love sex. But the kind of signal whites give, you would automatically think they are into you not knowing that is just a friendly gesture.The guy that was charged with assault got thesame vibes as you got and when he touched her, it became an assault. As a minority there is nothing like my word against yours. You'll be handled roughly and unfairly.

Bro, why can't you just see something positive in my posts? lmao. instead of thinking about rape charges, why can't you imagine me dating a millionaire/billionaire's daughter, giving her multiple orgasms, falling in love, networking through her father and having a wonderful life? Or dating a supermodel who's gassed on my length and doesn't want to leave me. Enjoying my stay in the US, working as much as I "play" and having a non-boring life. All you can see is rape/assault/minor/this/that. Haba! relax sir, I'm a careful person and I know most of these things. I'll ask you for advice sha make I no lost.

@Lagosismyhome all talk and no action right? Holla when you visit the U.S. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 02, 2016
sureb0y:

Bro, why can't you just see something positive in my posts? lmao. instead of thinking about rape charges, why can't you imagine me dating a millionaire/billionaire's daughter, giving her multiple orgasms, falling in love, networking through her father and having a wonderful life? Or dating a supermodel who's gassed on my length and doesn't want to leave me. Enjoying my stay in the US, working as much as I "play" and having a non-boring life. All you can see is rape/assault/minor/this/that. Haba! relax sir, I'm a careful person and I know most of these things. I'll ask you for advice sha make I no lost.

@Lagosismyhome all talk and no action right? Holla when you visit the U.S. smiley
Same thing the guy told me after he showered praises on his "agbo" and "opa eyin". He land himself assault. I'm not saying you will. I am just advising you. Cos those are grave offense that might hinder you from ever securing a job in US.

I want you safe without issues. Wheeler you wan see billionaires daughter? Lol.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
Sameghing the guy told me after he showered praises on his "agbo" and "opa eyin". He land himself assault. I'm not saying you will. I am just advising you. Cos those are grave offense that might hinder you from ever securing a job in US.

I want you safe without issues.

Okay, thanks a lot. matter dropped. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2016
imperiouxx:

Thanks, justice has been done to your question. I usually rent from amazon. They will send you return label when it about time to return the book. Then you mail back with UPS free of charge. If you don't want to spend and have time to search, you can search on _torrent websites. Most of the time, you will hardly find recent edition of books for free online. And be warned, some ISP will flag your internet using _torrent downloader with VPN. Best!
Thank you boss. apreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 8:07am On Aug 02, 2016
Please someone should answer my question, thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2016
sureb0y:

Yeye boy abi na man smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cseejhay: 8:37am On Aug 02, 2016
Bethlehem08:

Delta airline LOS to ATL to MSP
sire still waiting for ressponse to my PM.How are you bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 8:53am On Aug 02, 2016
Walspring:

August 5th is almost here. I am waiting to see CBN new policy on that..
Its beginning to yield fruits anyway. The dollar dropped from 319 yesterday to 314 this morning. Lets all be positive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by SilentPistol: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2016
Visa approved this morning! And I honestly didn't expect how it turned out. I wasn't asked the generic "Why this school?Why this course? etc." kind of questions. Safe to say I just freestyled and didn't exactly prepare my answers. Transcript would follow soon!

Special thanks to Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Sirriddy, Femi321, Dicapino, and infact everyone that's contributed to the progressiveness of this thread one way or the other. It has all begun in praise!

Modified: VISA TRANSCRIPT
I'm not much of a writer, so I'll just go straight to the point.

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am, but I arrived the embassy around 5am. Asides being restive all through the night, I stay on the mainland and had to beat any ungoldly traffic by leaving home very early. So I left home around 4:10am.

Got to the embassy, had to chill a while before we were ushered in. After the usual perusal of documents, biometrics and all, we were ushered into the hall of judgement. The following conversation ensued between the VO and I:

VO: What state in the USA are you heading to?
Me: Texas
VO: I see you're going to study. What course?
Me: Environmental Engineering
VO: Who's sponsoring your trip?
Me: I have a scholarship from the FG of Nigeria, with a legal agreement I'll be assuming an academic position upon completion of studies.
VO: So why do you have your Uncle as your sponsor on your I-20?
Me: I hadn't been awarded the scholarship when I requested for my I-20. I was going to pursue my plans even without a scholarship, with the help of my Uncle.
VO: How did you get this scholarship?
Me: I applied, participated in an exam, and I made it to the top 4 of my state. Top 4 scorers were chosen from each state.
VO: How many people were awarded this scholarship?
Me: 175
VO: So they are all coming to the US? (By this time, I swear I was already tired)
Me: Ofcourse not. Some are heading to Australia, Canada, UK and other countries.
VO: What does your Uncle do?
Me: He owns a construction firm.
VO: Can I see your award letter?
Me: [hands over award letter]
VO: [Starts typing expeditiously, while perusing my award letter]
VO: What did your study in your undergraduate?
Me: Civil Engineering
VO: What school?
Me: FUNAAB
VO: Did you write any standardized tests?
Me: [Bleep No! How would I have been admitted without writing any test? I said in my mind lol] Yes, GRE and TOEFL.
VO: Okay, you've been issued your visa. Please keep this, you'll be needing it at the Port of Entry. Do have a safe trip. Next!
Me: [walks out laboriously]

Nothing like "why this school," and those sort of questions I had already prepared cookie-cutter answers to.

All in all, keep being persistent and believing in God! I started registering for exams with just about 200k in my account. It would have been being fully funded or nothing. I couldn't apply to many schools cos I ran out of money; I applied to just two—both of which I couldn't get full funding from. But then, God came through with a generous local scholarship.

Never stop believing! I pray that the Lord crowns all of our efforts, in Jesus name. To be successful isn't a day's job.

22 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2016
SilentPistol:
Visa approved this morning! And I honestly didn't expect how it turned out. I wasn't asked the generic "Why this school?Why this course?" etc. Safe to say I just freestyled and didn't exactly prepare my answers. Transcript would follow soon!

Special thanks to Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Sirriddy, Femi321, Dicapino, and infact everyone that's contributed to the progressiveness of this thread one way or the other. It has all begun in praise!
Congratulations bro. cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 02, 2016
SilentPistol:
Visa approved this morning!

congrats! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2016
Lol, sureb0y just dey burst my brain.. Bad Sharp guy... Bros I sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Emadapoet: 9:58am On Aug 02, 2016
pepe4reps:
Who knows much about unicersity of minnesota pls?quote author=Mekurexx post=48099039]you and @kpimp are heading to the same sch. I'm also heading to MN. What airline are you flying with?
Boss, I'm also going to University of Minnesota o, make I hola?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2016
sureb0y:

Shows like Beverly hills 90210 or those other shows are very far from reality and are make believe ........You go soon wake up from this dream . Come back in a year time and read this comment na only you go laugh yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2016
SilentPistol:
Visa approved this morning! And I honestly didn't expect how it turned out. I wasn't asked the generic "Why this school?Why this course?" etc. Safe to say I just freestyled and didn't exactly prepare my answers. Transcript would follow soon!

Congrats man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sunnypastic(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2016
My family am here to break the good news Visa approved this morning in Lagos. Details later.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2016
slimmy2005:

So slimmy...mehn...have to be very sure about vibes??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ahahnow: 10:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Please group, can you please give me advice on how I can make my CV attractive/competitve to admissions for Masters programme?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chinewon88(m): 10:57am On Aug 02, 2016
Walspring:

Yes they do and you can transfer to their account as well when you get to their office
@Walspring, please I need your help. Can I pm u, sir? I'm having issues paying for my WES evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ahahnow: 11:03am On Aug 02, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 11:08am On Aug 02, 2016
Chinewon88:

@Walspring, please I need your help. Can I pm u, sir? I'm having issues paying for my WES evaluation.
[color=#006600][/color]
Can the transcript be sent to WES via email after payment ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sunnypastic(m): 11:09am On Aug 02, 2016
LORD GOD ALMIGHTY HAS DONE IT AGAIN. GLORY BE TO GOD. AMEN. My e-family here is the good news. Visa approved this morning at US Embassy Lagos. Please details will come later meanwhile I want to specially thank Walspring, Texrem, Zt and others bosses for the avalanche of supports.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olaifablessing(m): 11:13am On Aug 02, 2016
SilentPistol:
Visa approved this morning! And I honestly didn't expect how it turned out. I wasn't asked the generic "Why this school?Why this course? etc." kind of questions. Safe to say I just freestyled and didn't exactly prepare my answers. Transcript would follow soon!

Congratulations BRO,We are waiting for Your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chinewon88(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2016
Venek:
[color=#006600][/color] Can the transcript be sent to WES via email after payment ?
No, it can't. Must be regular post or courier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bethlehem08: 11:28am On Aug 02, 2016
Rheenah:

12th What airline are u taking plz

Delta airline

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.