Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679226 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
juliuslongman:
we don't like football.... LOl
Its not a football thread.... Aaaargggg cheesy tongue cool
Hehehehe, you don't like football but you like "woman wrappering", right? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
DeeTus:
Hehehehe, you don't like football but you like "woman wrappering", right? cheesy
they ain't the same angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kenniez26: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
Sureboy na sure pass.that ur ginger dey do me like make I take brt come join u for usa.keep it up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2016
juliuslongman:
we don't like football.... LOl
Its not a football thread.... Aaaargggg cheesy tongue cool

Meaning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
DeeTus:

Abeg leave the dude and if you find out, he will be one of those Chelsea fans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Songitto(m): 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
Walspring:

This agent will go ahead and apply from the single source that have the real deal with SAT

Pm me so that i can give you their name because i don't want my post to be deleted so that someone wont tell me that am advertising the source here.. But it source start with G and end with A.. GixxA

You must have read about them before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hi guys. lol. more positive reactions. See as my pms full hahaha, Una don use style turn me to motivational speaker. Abeg o, I'm just sharing my experience. It's been great for me. All of una wey wan come my school lol There are hundreds of better schools na, no be compulsory make una come here. I just dey happy say I gain admission into this one. No more long posts. Another thing I noticed. The lecturers here are NOT "lecturers". They are your buddies. Them dey burst my brain and I never even meet them. I'll show you two mails: First from my course adviser then from that lecturer wey I say I famz, wey help me get the application waiver when I dey Naija.

Good morning,

I hope your trip went well. I will be in my office this afternoon. So[b] if it is convenient for you[/b] we could set up a time to meet. We will need to do that before you can sign up for courses. My phone number is Bleep-Bleep-xxxx.

J

XXXXXXX,

First of all, welcome to the United States and to xxxxxxx! Second, I will be on campus shortly after lunch and will be there for most of the afternoon. I have a meeting at 1 PM (until about 1:30) but otherwise I would be available to meet you this afternoon. We can take a walk over to the Student Union and find a bus schedule (Bleep has its own bus system that goes all over xxxxxxx and is free for Bleep students). If you need help finding your way to the xxxxxx department (second floor of xxxx Hall), I can meet in you in the xx lobby.

Finally, I've just talked to my wife and we'd love to invite you over to dinner at our home tonight if you don't have other plans. In fact, until the semester gets underway and while you don't have things to keep you busy, you are welcome to spend free time with us. I'm not sure whether you have a phone for calling or texting, but here is my cell phone number: Bleep-Bleep-xxxx. My wife, xxxxx, wants me to give you her contact information as well. Her cell phone is Bleep-Bleep-xxxx and her e-mail address (cc'ed above) is Bleep@aol.com.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Sincerely.

These two mails may mean NOTHING to y'all but they mean everything to me. For the umpteenth time, it's my first time outside Nigeria, I only know about life in Unilag. See course adviser dey ask to meet me when e dey convenient for me. lmao, I remember my cursed adviser for unilag those years, you go wait tire for front of hin office and when him finally show. Him fit just tell you to come back later say him dey busy. Nothing wey you go do. Second email burst my brain. Na senior lecturer be that o. I told you there's no god to man sort of relationship here, lecturers dey do like person padi. The environment is just too relaxing. Again, I didn't get any Graduate Assistanships before leaving Naija but jobs dey here for campus. I'll write more about them when I have more info.

Finally, you can notice how excited I am and how I'm majorly focusing on the positives. It doesn't mean it's 100% smooth and rosy. It means I see my cup as half full instead of half empty. In life, you make your own luck. I have chosen to be happy, to enjoy life to the fullest and worry less about things, to try to fix things instead of remaining sad cos they're bad. You can PM others if you wanna read negative things about living in America, as for me. I am being optimistic and positive. God bless America! I have come here to succeed!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
sureb0y. One bottle of Orijin for you grin. Fire on bro. Lool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Priceless200(f): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ekofisk:
Hi all. Please, does anyone have an idea of the extra luggage charge for Emirates. I checked online but apparently the rate will be made known at the check-in counter. I've got a number of heavy books and study materials I don't wanna leave behind. Thanks.
I ve dm'ed and dm'ed and email you I Don tire... There must be a way someone from Nairaland can reach sir... If you don't mind it's in fact of utmost necessity that I reach you. No vex..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 10:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
@ Jotter and Treasureoflife,

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2016
Songitto:

Thank you for this information and the time you devoted to type this long story, i will say that this is one of the best travel transcript on this tread, I also enjoy texrem travel transcript...., I pray for you guys in your new journey, everything will work out for you over there and you will all excel in your studies..., pls dont forget home we can make nigeria a great nation like america with everyone's support

Enjoy your stay

Lol! Bros. U no suppose quot the whole post na, just mention and state your comment. God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
masquellett:

I did mail the international office and here was the reply I got

"Hello, I am happy to hear your visa is approved.  Unfortunately, my office does not know of a roommate. However, please contact the Kean International Students Organization that we have on campus at https://www.facebook.com/keaninternational/.  They may know of a roommate.  A hotel may be another option although it can be costly.  You may also have to consider and live on campus. Make sure to complete the on-campus dorm application in case you cannot find an apartment at http://www.kean.edu/offices/rss/apply-housing.

Kind Regards,"

I have been working on the facebook international page but nothing is coming up, and also the oncampus dorm is a "no no" for me cos it will be more expensive. Still crowding craigslists tho! Thanks.

When I was going to NM, I already made arrangement with the school housing department for a dorm space. I knew it would be for a short time. I didn't have anyone in the US then either. So, I stayed at the dorm for 2 months and from there I moved to an apartment 2 minutes walk from my lab (school). You are moving to a new environment and culture to study, so you have to get yourself stable in little time if you want to do well in your studies. Best of luck my friend.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2016
OluDare01:
Reporting life from Brooklyn,New York.

I would type my experience when I wake up.

Hi, where is your final destination?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
akins2016:
I missed my connecting flight the next day after a friend who we landed together but his own was new York came to meet me in Newark so he will take his connecting flight from Newark to Houston delayed me with talks sort of . also I was confused of the flight time I thought it was 12 59 not knowing it has changed in the boarding pass to 12 29. Infact, it was a long long story.
Thanks to imperious, lagosisherhome(Ohio is now my home grin) and everyone on here. I really appreciate. We shall all make it in life. Stay bless and stay out of trouble.

Glad that you landed safely. I've been greatly busy all the weekend as I told you. I just have time for internet now. Next time try stay on time. They change time but will always update you in email. Enjoy your staying and studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
@ sureb0y,

This is another time I will be asking you how you write so much like that?

You will certainly enjoy the thrills that come with a new experience more soon.

Thrill both good and bad.

Enjoy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
imperiouxx:

Hi, where is your final destination?
Cookeville,TN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
imperiouxx:
@ sureb0y,

This is another time I will be asking you how you write so much like that?

You will certainly enjoy the thrills that come with a new experience more soon.

Thrill both good and bad.

Enjoy!

Na humanities I study for unilag. Assignments na always 5 pages minimum, term-paper na regular stuff for us, so I'm used to writing long essays. Na Science and Engineering students no dey write as much but me, I don dey write since 19-gbogboro. I won't write much on here again sha, I go dey reserve my energy for when school resume properly. Thanks for the msg, your boy is loyal. wink

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
sureb0y:
Hi guys. lol. more positive reactions. See as my pms full hahaha, Una don use style turn me to motivational speaker. Abeg o, I'm just sharing my experience. It's been great for me. All of una wey wan come my school lol There are hundreds of better schools na, no be compulsory make una come here. I just dey happy say I gain admission into this one. No more long posts. Another thing I noticed. The lecturers here are NOT "lecturers". They are your buddies. Them dey burst my brain and I never even meet them. I'll show you two mails: First from my course adviser then from that lecturer wey I say I famz, wey help me get the application waiver when I dey Naija.

Good morning,

I hope your trip went well. I will be in my office this afternoon. So[b] if it is convenient for you[/b] we could set up a time to meet. We will need to do that before you can sign up for courses. My phone number is Bleep-Bleep-xxxx.

J

XXXXXXX,

First of all, welcome to the United States and to xxxxxxx! Second, I will be on campus shortly after lunch and will be there for most of the afternoon. I have a meeting at 1 PM (until about 1:30) but otherwise I would be available to meet you this afternoon. We can take a walk over to the Student Union and find a bus schedule (Bleep has its own bus system that goes all over xxxxxxx and is free for Bleep students). If you need help finding your way to the xxxxxx department (second floor of xxxx Hall), I can meet in you in the xx lobby.

Finally, I've just talked to my wife and we'd love to invite you over to dinner at our home tonight if you don't have other plans. In fact, until the semester gets underway and while you don't have things to keep you busy, you are welcome to spend free time with us. I'm not sure whether you have a phone for calling or texting, but here is my cell phone number: Bleep-Bleep-xxxx. My wife, xxxxx, wants me to give you her contact information as well. Her cell phone is Bleep-Bleep-xxxx and her e-mail address (cc'ed above) is Bleep@aol.com.

Sincerely.

These two mails may mean NOTHING to y'all but they mean everything to me. For the umpteenth time, it's my first time outside Nigeria, I only know about life in Unilag. See course adviser dey ask to meet me when e dey convenient for me. lmao, I remember my cursed adviser for unilag those years, you go wait tire for front of hin office and when him finally show. Him fit just tell you to come back later say him dey busy. Nothing wey you go do. Second email burst my brain. Na senior lecturer be that o. I told you there's no god to man sort of relationship here, lecturers dey do like person padi. The environment is just too relaxing. Again, I didn't get any Graduate Assistanships before leaving Naija but jobs dey here for campus. I'll write more about them when I have more info.

Finally, you can notice how excited I am and how I'm majorly focusing on the positives. It doesn't mean it's 100% smooth and rosy. It means I see my cup as half full instead of half empty. In life, you make your own luck. I have chosen to be happy, to enjoy life to the fullest and worry less about things, to try to fix things instead of remaining sad cos they're bad. You can PM others if you wanna read negative things about living in America, as for me. I am being optimistic and positive. God bless America! I have come here to succeed!
Sureb0y your posts dey scatter my beards oooo...abeg no go there go dey eye the man daughter or wife like u been dey eye dat receptionist for that hotel...else u go suddenly see how the man go turn to "cursed adviser".. abeg nack us more

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
imperiouxx:

When I was going to NM, I already made arrangement with the school housing department for a dorm space. I knew it would be for a short time. I didn't have anymore in the US then either. So, I stayed at the dorm for 2 months and from there I moved to an apartment 2 minutes walk from my lab (school). You are moving to a new environment and culture to study, so you have to get yourself stable in little time if you want to do well in your studies. Best of luck my friend.
Thank you sir. I will work on the dorm too. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 11:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
amanze15:
A guy i follow on twitter once posted this on his timeline "How did people come to America with nothing but the clothes on their backs and still do better than blacks? " FYI he's an American. we should as a people strive for greatness not cheap illegality that wouldn't benefit us on the long run. i don't see a reason why we as Nigerians shouldn't be in the same sentence as the Chinese or the Indians, their greatest asset is their togetherness and always wanting to help one another so they can all grow together. For all intending Fall 2016 students i wish una safe flight to obodo oyinbo as my yoruba friends would say Ire be ni bi ( its good here)

Ok. Few months ago I was supposed to shadow a PA for experience as required. Someone told me she will connect me with her in-law, a Nigerian PA at Harlem hospital. But when the feedback came, the man wasn't enthusiastic about mentoring. So, we left it that way. Then I needed physicians to get the experience from. A senior colleague at work directed me to a Nigerian internal medicine physician who I called and who asked me to come for an interview a week after. After the interview, he told me he will get back to me. While waiting for this internist to call me, a friend (a Ghanaian - though I wasn't a big fan of Ghana until I met this guy) took me to an Indian pediatrician, a female physician and a preceptor at medical university hospital in Staten Island. The day I saw this pediatrician was the same day she asked me to give her the schedule that will work for me. I started almost immediately a week after seeing her and she allowed me to gain enough experience that a student would need from a preceptor, the physician-patient interactions and much more in medicine.

A month rolls by and still waiting for my Nigerian internist. Well he called after a month and half after the initial interview to come in. And when I eventually started budding with him, he won't let me see him working with his patients. HIPAA, well that's not problem in private settings. He showed me some few things but not the physician-patient interactions which is the most important reason of budding a doctor. He kept promising that after few more days he would but which he didn't. The shadowing supposed to be 5 hours/day for 5 weeks. So, after I did this for another wasted 5 hours/day, on the third day (15 hours) I told him I have to stop and he agreed to write for me if he was asked. Well, that's another reason I need him.

From this short story, who is willing to help others and who's not? The Asians will and Nigerians won't, I'm sure. Moral of the lesson to those new guys in the US (all the new students here, no exception), if you have Indians in your class, don't neglect them. If you're seriously waiting for Nigerians to help, till kingdom comes, you will continue waiting. Try related with others and forget about sentiment, bias or your believe about others. There are bunch of info that you can gain from others out there, which can help you succeed in no time. Others might not be smart as you do but info suppresses smartness in this case.

18 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
sureb0y:

Na humanities I study for unilag. Assignments na always 5 pages minimum, term-paper na regular stuff for us, so I'm used to writing long essays. Na Science and Engineering students no dey write as much but me, I don dey write since 19-gbogboro. I won't write much on here again sha, I go dey reserve my energy for when school resume properly. Thanks for the msg, your boy is loyal. wink

@ bold, I envy you.

@ strike through, that's an inevitable life experience.

Go succeed in US.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fmsuhgar: 1:04am On Aug 09, 2016
Plsss house,how can I send my Toefl test score to a school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 09, 2016
fmsuhgar:
Plsss house,how can I send my Toefl test score to a school?

You fill in four schools when you register for toefl, if you want to add more you have to pay almost 20 dollars per school. This can be done through the ETS portal yourself but I doubt if Nigerian cards would work. So just go to GIEVA but they would collect administrative charge sha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:34am On Aug 09, 2016
OluDare01:

Cookeville,TN

I see.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:34am On Aug 09, 2016
Bobority:
Imperiouxx, Zeezahbee... abeg una get mail tnx

Sorry, I've been out for some days. I will check.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 3:24am On Aug 09, 2016
@sureb0y

That's a lot of writing!
When I first got here, a white guy I only met for the first time in the plane dropped me off in School and made sure I was okay before leaving; even offering to pay for my hotel for a night...as for the Nigerians I had reached out to, maybe they'll reply tomorrow smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 3:56am On Aug 09, 2016
Nice transcript..boy wen sure
Any travel transcript wen beat sureboys own...I go Chase quickpay am $10 smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jotter: 4:27am On Aug 09, 2016
imperiouxx:
@ Jotter and Treasureoflife,

Cheers!
Thanks boss, you rock. Ignore the blunders too much excitement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jotter: 5:18am On Aug 09, 2016
sureb0y:

Good morning,

J

XXXXXXX,

Sincerely.

Congrats, attended Unilag as well they are truly cursed, will be in New York next Monday, I never even land the admission office don dey give me warm welcome ahead. But how did u sort out your accommodation cos the lowest I can get in New York is $750 for a single apartment cry that amount na die
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by holysinner01: 6:23am On Aug 09, 2016
Walspring:

Yes they confirm and it is very simple to confirm and no need to contact your school because it is boldly written on your I20
i dont school in the states, i school in a private uni in nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by holysinner01: 6:26am On Aug 09, 2016
dickoflife:
resumption date is on your i 20
I school in a private uni in Nigeria and i intend to travel before resuming at school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.