Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (681765 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2016
irshadmuaz:
Hello all, I really need your help regarding this immunization form required by US universities. Immunization for hepatitis, MMR, hpv varicella. I have no record of MEASLES (MMR), HEPATITIS etc. Please advice
Go to a good hospital and see a doctor.
LUTH, UCH etc.
you take the immunization and get the necessary documents
It's cheaper in Nigeria.
Max 25k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:38am On Jun 02, 2016
OTUNBACODED:

thanks bro. it's been resolved now

That's good and lets give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by calfavour(f): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2016
more useful tips when you specify your course interest.

torahunlimited:
Thank you for the advise. I hope for more useful tips
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2016
bobbycashville:
Wats ur cgpa a 5.0 scale?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2016
Walspring:

That's good and lets give the thanks to God
Walspring's lyrics grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:09am On Jun 02, 2016
Don4eye u use maternal uncle parole abi? Oya acknowledge me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by torahunlimited: 11:19am On Jun 02, 2016
calfavour:
more useful tips when you specify your course interest.

Information technology at UNiversity of north Texas, Computer science at University of Huston

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bobbycashville(m): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Not competitive enough bro, u might need to write the GRE at least and score 150 in d quant section. Cuz ur cgpa won't meet d 3.0/4.0
Christian129:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2016
I don buy timbs
Walspring:

Lol.. You guys should just go and buy Trekkers ooo gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2016
bobbycashville:
Not competitive enough bro, u might need to write the GRE at least and score 150 in d quant section. Cuz ur cgpa won't meet d 3.0/4.0

Oga keep quiet and stick with your I did , bleep also it is okay to shut up and nod along when you don't know rather than giving misleading advice. Christian129 your 3.6 is way more than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, I'll say like a 3.2 ... Write standardized exam and chose your schools carefully
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fortune29: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2016
Christian129:
Use www.foreigncredits.com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/ to converty ur gpa from scale of 5 to scale of 4

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fortune29: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2016
Christian129:
Use www.foreigncredits.com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/ to convert ur gpa from scale of 5 to scale of 4

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2016
Lol gunther6
bobbycashville please do not spread false information.
3.6 may not be high enough for top 25 programs but it is
more then 3.0
I had 3.6 and got into a very good PhD program.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2016
gunther6:

Oga keep quiet and stick with your I did , bleep also it is okay to shut up and nod along when you don't know rather than giving misleading advice. Christian129 your 3.6 is way more than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, I'll say like a 3.2 ... Write standardized exam and chose your schools carefully
thanks Boss, but the problem now is that I have not written IELTS and GRE and I'm thinking of applying for Spring 2017. Writing IELTS next month. Thinking of starting my applications next month, do u think I should still write GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 11:41am On Jun 02, 2016
sirRiddy:
Lol gunther6 bobbycashville please do not spread false information. 3.6 may not be high enough for top 25 programs but it is more then 3.0 I had 3.6 and got into a very good PhD program.
thank you very much sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2016
Christian129:
thanks Boss, but the problem now is that I have not written IELTS and GRE and I'm thinking of applying for Spring 2017. Writing IELTS next month. Thinking of starting my applications next month, do u think I should still write GRE?

GRE is a necessity, you'll be hard pressed finding any serious graduate program that does not require GRE, and like thebVO rightly said writing standardized test signals your seriousness to the Visa officer... So pls write it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2016
gunther6:

Really, with which evaluation company, cos that result was totally different from mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 11:47am On Jun 02, 2016
dickoflife:
Don4eye u use maternal uncle parole abi? Oya acknowledge me.

Baba agbalagba.. After you na you o.. My two hands up.. You b boss...

Big thanks to dickoflife. Padi to sure..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:48am On Jun 02, 2016
Tods:

Really, with which evaluation company, cos that result was totally different from mine.

With WES but IERF or ECE it might be less, i used IERF(4.38 came out as 3.48) because they have the express next day option and I'm still scratching my head till now.. Share your evaluation company and how their conversion was so people can learn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 11:48am On Jun 02, 2016
gunther6:

GRE is a necessity, you'll be hard pressed finding any serious graduate program that does not require GRE, and like thebVO rightly said writing standardized test signals your seriousness to the Visa officer... So pls write it.

Thanks a lot Boss. God bless. So can I begin spring application in September?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2016
Pls let's contribute so dickoflife can buy tickets o, I know he is not nice nor even particularly bright but pls 'epp' him so he can go to Amelika cc Warriboy21 cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Christian129:

Thanks a lot Boss. God bless. So can I begin spring application in September?
Check with your school.
I'm sure they have a deadline.
Just make sure you apply early
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
gunther6:
Pls let's contribute so dickoflife can buy tickets o, I know he is not nice nor even particularly bright but pls 'epp' him so he can go to Amelika cc Warriboy21 cheesy grin

cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
gunther6:

With WES but IERF or ECE it might be less, i used IERF(4.38 came out as 3.48) because they have the express next day option and I'm still scratching my head till now.. Share your evaluation company and how their conversion was so people can learn
Okay. I used foreign credential service of America (FCSA) and my 4.25 came out as 3.29. I guess the cheaper the evaluation company, the less tendency for your result to increase the more. I used FCSA cos it was just $140 and they don't require official transcript so I just scanned and sent to them. I regretted it tho and next time I'll use WES for PhD application.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
Wow shocked. This is insightful.
Tods:

Okay. I used foreign credential service of America (FCSA) and my 4.25 came out as 3.29. I guess the cheaper the evaluation company, the less tendency for your result to increase the more. I used FCSA cos it was just $140 and they don't require official transcript so I just scanned and sent to them. I regretted it tho and next time I'll use WES for PhD application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
gunther6:
grin grin grin

That's quite funny but remember he has a residence permit in russia cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
Tods:

Oops! I withdraw my complaint IERF is good this FCSA is total crap!!! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
Tods:

WES would shoot your GP around 3.5 I think.
This FCSA no try atall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
lionlee216:
grin grin grin

That's quite funny but remember he has a residence permit in russia cheesy cheesy

You mean he has a permit to freeze while choking on Vodka and yelling spasiba , pls clarify I 'don' understand angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
gunther6:

Oops! I withdraw my complaint IERF is good this FCSA is total crap!!! angry

Real crap!!! I still regret it. People should learn from me o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
Not true. His evaluated GPA will pass the 3.0 mark
bobbycashville:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.