Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (683817 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
Holudarey01:

rara sir.
I got my i-20 without paying a dime

Bobo u didnt tell me the good news na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AgreatMan: 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
DareFadi:

See what google showed ..........should be all the info you need cheesy

Airport WiFi / Internet

[b][/b]Free WiFi is available at New York JFK Airport for 30 minutes. [b][/b]Beyond the given time limit, you can purchase additional time through Boingo.

Food & Drinks -There are many dining options landside and airside. There is a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts airside in Terminal 1. In Terminal 4, you'll find a 24 hour McDonalds (landside). Vending Machines can be found in Terminal 4, Arrivals Hall East • Retail Hall East • Airside, Gate B23.

There are no hotels at or connected to any of the terminals. So if sleeping in New York JFK Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:.

*** You need to hold at least 200 dollars for a night near the airport

Hampton Inn - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hour shuttle available for pick up/drop off at the Federal Circle AirTrain stop.

Comfort Inn & Suites JFK Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.

Days Inn & Suites Ozone Park JFK Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr roundtrip airport shuttle service available.

Crowne Plaza JFK Airport Hotel New York City - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.

Holiday Inn Express New York JFK Airport Area - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr roundtrip airport shuttle service available.

Fairfield Inn New York JFK Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle service available. For airport pick-up, take the AirTrain to Station C Federal Circle and follow the signs for the hotel shuttle. Shuttle service also provided to the subway and Green Acres Mall.

Source: http://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/newyorkjfk.htm#airportHotel

here is tips for sleeping in the airport....lol.........http://www.sleepinginairports.net/tips.htm

@ free WiFi for 30minutes @Mekurrex. Just enter jfk with ur iPhone 6, techno tab, Asus lapping, and Xperia x. Total number of devices=4, total number of browsing hours=4x30=2hrs of free super speed WiFi. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dannybrown19: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
Mekurexx:
Guys I booked to fly to JFk arriving at night, my connecting flight is the next day (6:30am). Can I get a cheap hotel close to JFk? Cuz I dont want to go far from the airport then miss my flight...
U can enjoy JFK with their good wifi network
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
sirRiddy:
Lol gunther6
bobbycashville please do not spread false information.
3.6 may not be high enough for top 25 programs but it is
more then 3.0
I had 3.6 and got into a very good PhD program.

Wow..

When you converted?

What did you have over 4?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dannybrown19: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
Mekurexx:
All things being equal if there are no delays, the gap is almost 10hrs. I could use the airport if I can get food and maybe there is wifi.
They have a good eatry towards the exit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
Mekurexx:
Guys I booked to fly to JFk arriving at night, my connecting flight is the next day (6:30am). Can I get a cheap hotel close to JFk? Cuz I dont want to go far from the airport then miss my flight...

Check www.trivago.com. In the search menu put in JFK. On the right hand side you can adjust the price to the amount you are comfortable paying (you can see as low as $46). It also shows you the distance to the airport. Have fun.

Please guys, I will be more than happy to connect with anyone living in Denver. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
Tods:

Okay. I used foreign credential service of America (FCSA) and my 4.25 came out as 3.29. I guess the cheaper the evaluation company, the less tendency for your result to increase the more. I used FCSA cos it was just $140 and they don't require official transcript so I just scanned and sent to them. I regretted it tho and next time I'll use WES for PhD application.

Sorry, Please why do you regret it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
dickoflife:
Bros u harsh o.. Anyway sha na true , I remember on one flight of mine from nigeria to turkey bros dem serve meal wey no just plenty u know how oyinbo dey chop for small portions na... Na so I order for some wrong things. I chop chicken and white rice, the rice no get taste. Dem come gimme sometin like apricot bros e bitter die. Na so I request for white wine I mix am with red wine nobody tell me say my head no correct anyway the koko is just know ur limit.

This is one reason why I love taking Emirate. They always have extras in the kitchen, when I need anything extra I just go to the kitchen to get whatever I want including fruits and drinks. At time I will just go and sit at back for that their stair case wey go premium economy. Kitchen no far from there. So people no go see me dey parade d kitchen upandan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
LagosNIV:

Just out of curiosity - why so important to find a school around New Jersey or Philadelphia?

Also, some other members have raised valid points - you are going to find it very hard to pay for schools if you can't even pay for entrance exams. Taking the GRE is beneficial in several ways as well - either to show proof that you are serious as a student during your interview or to help you secure scholarships...

Beautiful reply officer. It baffles me when people started asking for schools around one location or schools only in NY, NJ and PA. If not on grant or something similar, these are costly locations to look for affordable schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
gunther6:

Oga keep quiet and stick with your I did , bleep also it is okay to shut up and nod along when you don't know rather than giving misleading advice. Christian129 your 3.6 is way more than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, I'll say like a 3.2 ... Write standardized exam and chose your schools carefully

You are right. My 3.68/5 was converted to 3.29/4. Christian129 cgpa is way above 3.0/4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Tods:

Really, with which evaluation company, cos that result was totally different from mine.

Did you use wes or ece?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
DareFadi:

proper clown grin..........although reading this kind language gave me a headache
Lool.
Na warriboy dey run the show grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Tods:

Okay. I used foreign credential service of America (FCSA) and my 4.25 came out as 3.29. I guess the cheaper the evaluation company, the less tendency for your result to increase the more. I used FCSA cos it was just $140 and they don't require official transcript so I just scanned and sent to them. I regretted it tho and next time I'll use WES for PhD application.

Althought those with high cgpa on 5.00 scale usually experience large cut. Probably because all units are converted to 2 credit hours. But try reevaluate it. Many schools will specifically tell you they want only wes. Few others will ask only ece.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
Mekurexx:

This is NYC and a hotel close to the airport for that matter. What's do you consider cheap?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good day everyone,
i just had my Teaching Assistantship Interview,
is transcripts needed?
if not needed sef, i will share.
i will get the T.A by fire by force.
Ashbammy thanks for taking out to tutor me and for not minding my clowning aROUND
Mekurrex thanks for sharing your experience
Femi321, thanks for the mifi and your advice, God bless you gidigan ni
SirRiddy, thanks for your help from ages past.

questions asked
1)tell me about your undergraduate years.
i told him the course i studied and some of the subject i gained knowledge on that pertains to what i am going for.
2) where am i currently
lagos Nigeria, there is a professor in the department from Nigeria, my interviewer and his wife came for his wedding and he said it was colourful
3)have i worked on a research before
4) what was the research about
5) have i graded before
6)my research interest

then he told me what my duties as a T.A will be and that it will cover my tuition and i am entitled to a stipend, T.A will be for a year and i will need to find a professor for an R.A later,.
i told him that i will like him or the HOD to be my advisor because my research interest is similar to theirs.
he said i should feel free to contact him on the grad advisor issue and also for the update on the decision.
i asked when i will get the decision, he said latest two weeks to enable me as an international student process my I-20.
All in all it was good, and the T.A is mine.
thank you, Eseun, Nagode, Imela, Merci(hope the merci is correct sha).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
Good day everyone,
is transcripts needed?
Ashbammy thanks for taking out to tutor me and for not minding my clowning aROUND

questions asked
i told him the course i studied and some of the subject i gained knowledge on that pertains to what i am going for.
2) where am i currently
lagos Nigeria, there is a professor in the department from Nigeria, my interviewer and his wife came for his wedding and he said it was colourful
5) have i graded before
6)my research interest

then he told me what my duties as a T.A will be and that it will cover my tuition and i am entitled to a stipend, T.A will be for a year and i will need to find a professor for an R.A later,.
i told him that i will like him or the HOD to be my advisor because my research interest is similar to theirs.
he said i should feel free to contact him on the grad advisor issue and also for the update on the decision.
i asked when i will get the decision, he said latest two weeks to enable me as an international student process my I-20.

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
Good day everyone,
is transcripts needed?

questions asked
2) where am i currently
5) have i graded before
6)my research interest

Congrats.
Very happy for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hidden post na na nw... grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
aadeyi:
Hidden post na na nw... grin cheesy
GNLD wan collect visa grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good day my people, I made some mistakes when I was filling my DS-160. I discover it now and I have submitted the form. Can I fill the form again and re-register? No appointment yet..... Please is urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Guy shey u know first class no dey always full sha? I waka go dia one time bone face siddon plug phone. Dem dey get usb port. Kai one waitress come use style spoil my runs I just dey do like say I dey forgetfull.. I waka go back my seat sharply.
aadeyi:

This is one reason why I love taking Emirate. They always have extras in the kitchen, when I need anything extra I just go to the kitchen to get whatever I want including fruits and drinks. At time I will just go and sit at back for that their stair case wey go premium economy. Kitchen no far from there. So people no go see me dey parade d kitchen upandan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
temi4fash:

Sorry, Please why do you regret it?

If I had used WES or any other sensible evaluation company my result would have been almost 3.40 or more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
dickoflife:
Bros u harsh o.. Anyway sha na true , I remember on one flight of mine from nigeria to turkey bros dem serve meal wey no just plenty u know how oyinbo dey chop for small portions na... Na so I order for some wrong things. I chop chicken and white rice, the rice no get taste. Dem come gimme sometin like apricot bros e bitter die. Na so I request for white wine I mix am with red wine nobody tell me say my head no correct anyway the koko is just know ur limit.

Why do I smell lies angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
imperiouxx:

Did you use wes or ece?
Nah. One thing called FCSA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
dickoflife:
Guy shey u know first class no dey always full sha? I waka go dia one time bone face siddon plug phone. Dem dey get usb port. Kai one waitress come use style spoil my runs I just dey do like say I dey forgetfull.. I waka go back my seat sharply.

You f*** up.... u suppose just scope am say make she gboju.... at time dem go leave u if u get swt mouth....

USB and unlimited wifi is one of the reason y I will always love Emirate. I only have to pay $1 for unlimited Internet up in the air.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
imperiouxx:

Althought those with high cgpa on 5.00 scale usually experience large cut. Probably because all units are converted to 2 credit hours. But try reevaluate it. Many schools will specifically tell you they want only wes. Few others will ask only ece.

My school accepted FCSA. Sure am gonna reevaluate when applying for PhD. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.