Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (684107 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
mevisbleek:

Bro, are u sure about this? I'm about to book one way on their site for 318k to Denver and i have not seen any pop up screen or error msg.

Sorry Na me no get the lady very well, she said if you are on 1yr visa you will need return ticket but if you are on 2yrs visa u only need one way..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
ecaaychukwu:
Please, anyone in the house that got admission in University of Bridgeport, CT or is anyone currently schooling there? I need to hook up with such persons ASAP. Thanks.

IRepBridgeport.. Got my visa last week..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
House Na Sabo sure pass to get $$$ but the exchange rate Na die..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2016
I would like to know if there are withdrawal restrictions for gtbank dollar MasterCard for a domiciliary account since there are now restrictions withdrawing with naira MasterCard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ecaaychukwu: 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
Let's relate bro...how do we contact each other
don4ye:

IRepBridgeport.. Got my visa last week..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2016
how it went down and my transcript below..

I got to the embassy around 5am. My appointment was for 6:30am. We were called into the CGI session for payment verification and the rest at about 6am.. I was like the 5th person on the non immigrant session. Wen I got to the CGI staff for my confirmation, Immediately I droped my Visa fee payment receipt to confirm na so the guy shut fraudulent document. We going to hold you down. I was like am I dreaming? Payment that I made online directly from my account? What's this guy talking about... It was so strange. So couldn't hold my self I had to make a scene out of it which warranted one guy that was acting as their boss got to me asked what was the issue... The useless guy which was forming don wetin I no know come ask me say was that why I was shouting? I told him his guy shouted first and called me a fraud how can he do such a thing? If he suspect my receipt for any reason, he should have ask me to sit down and make his verifications before vilification. Omo na so they "boss" tell me say since they are not ok... that I should go and do the verification in the bank by myself... can u imagine that? That he's through with me and I can go... hmmmm. Na that time the guy know say my para been dey do press up... because wetin him see.. him no believe... finally sha, I cool down oh. lol... Because I see say Na me go loose both my time and purpose of my being there. I had already book my flight to return to PH for today so every time wasted was at my detriment. To cut story shut... The guy succeeded in wasting over 2 hrs of my precious time with abeg from his colleagues, he finally let me in. Naija sha. So after that seasonal film, I finally had my confirmation done and bounced into the main building. Though I still dey para.. I was like wen I will be waiting for my turn, I will try to organise myself because the guy really disorganised me. My people lo and behold... I didn't know that I won't have such time. From the moment I stepped in to the fingerprint session to the interview session was less than 2 mins. As I want to find a way to escape to reorganise myself na so them ask me to stand on figure 3 as I was walking to it the VO don shout next... I say Gesuss... what. I manage walk to her and as I was going I saw white paper with the lady that was leaving and I was like this one as just approved, will she approve another one... before I know I'm facing VO.. Gbam gbam...

Me: Good morning ma'am

VO: Good morning

VO: Where you going to?

Me:Am going to Wisconsin....stuttered hmm to Wisconsin for my masters in OSHT from Wisconsin State University... immediately I finished I realise my F UP... my school was actually University of Wisconsin Stout. I wanted to correct myself but something in me said leave it.. she probably didn't hear you. Na so I leave her oh.

VO: how did you get to know about this school

Me: stuttered again... went back to that old line of Internet research bla bla bla... In me I was like God.. what's happening to me... at this point I actually paused and I was lucky she didn't give a follow up question that would have finished it..so I added a staff of chevron on one of our platforms actually attend this school and he says so much good about their program been well rooted in tech with so much emphasis on management courses that will allow the student interfere appropriately with all employees at different levels.
VO: what are the causes you are going to take
Me: I repeated the question to her and she said yes.. I said ok.. na here I come shine small oh.. I mentioned 7 with their codes.
VO: What's Sigma Six about? (It's a course am to take) optional though... but I mentioned it to her...
Me: briefly Sigma Six it's a course that deals with how to increase productivity through the reduction of defects, waste and variance.
VO: how many schools did you apply?
Me: Told her 3
VO: Name them...
Me: Murray State University, Indiana University Pennsylvania and UW-Stout
VO: who's paying for this...
Me: I had a scholarship and my uncle will be paying the rest. I however have some funds for any shortfall.
VO: Is this your uncle in Nigeria
Me: yes ma'am
VO: What does your he do?
Me: Na here devil come again oh... I go dey tell her say my uncle works in shell chevron haliburton and other multinationals You need to see how this lady look me wen I finish my statement. Quickly nobody tell me the Bleep up... I've to retrace... at this point I know I've done so much damage, I've to acknowledge and blame it on something. Quickly I said sorry ma I've gone thru alot this morning still not myself... she said it's ok. And I corrected myself told her he actually own companies that multinationals contract jobs to
VO: are you married?
Me: Yes
VO: do you have kids
Me: Just my son for now but my wife his pregnant for our second.
VO: Why are they not travelling with you?
Me: gave are the obvious reason.. Told her the international student coordinator has already agreed to issue them dependent F2 form I 20 on the arrival of my baby to enable them apply for their visa to be with me

Na so the woman return my papers and said I will need them at the point of entry. And give me the white paper. Before I say jack Robinson, she said next.. For my mind I was like abi this woman dey vex for the Visa she wan approve for me? I just manage to say is that all... as if get strength to withstand more.. lol. She didn't even say I will be approving your visa...

Anyway all in all na God. At a point I was thinking of my next appointment, I just quickly refused it and made a vow there and then that if i get the approval, I will give that money I was supposed to use for 2nd appointment to God.

To be honest I fumbled.... God directed my ways and he showed me that it's not me that merited it but him that wants to show me favor and mercy.

I appreciate all nairalanders. All the people I ask to pay sevis fee for me which I finally did not turn up to... Am sorry and thanks for your understanding. Aadeyi, warriboy, Mznas, Holudarey01, DrOdu, Imperiouxx, and slimmy2005. Thanks all.
My prayer was Lord let today be Good to me.. And the Lord answered me.

:

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrMann1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
I need help with booking flight to houston... All the fares are just up, somebody, please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
gunther6:

Guy na like this we go dey look this PTA/Form A thing, they jack up rates we pay... The next thing CBN is not releasing FOREX blah blah blah... I don tire sef
.. CC fizzile

I think the issue is that CBN either isn't releasing enough forex to the banks and/or the demand is just too high.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
MrMann1:
I need help with booking flight to houston... All the fares are just up, somebody, please help

Help you with what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nairasea23 congrats mehn...the devil is a friggin liar. I'm sure you had that issue with the receipt cos you paid online. Most people go to the bank to pay. Smh to those officials that tagged you as a fraud. Over sabi...they are the fraudulent ones.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
don4ye:
House Na Sabo sure pass to get $$$ but the exchange rate Na die..

How much are they saying?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrMann1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
Guys, please is it possible to travel by July 4 when sch is expected to resume fall semester by Aug. 22?? That's the favourable date I can see for now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrMann1(m): 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fortissimo:

Help you with what?
Help to get a cheaper fare.... I juz dey see 300k plus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
gunther6:

No corporate governance... Just cheap crooks round tripping the system

Oboy but talk true...if you get access to millions of $ at official rate, you no go round trip your life out? Lol. On a serious note, as you said, we are seriously lacking in corporate governance and the applicable legislation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fortissimo:

I think the issue is that CBN either isn't releasing enough forex to the banks and/or the demand is just to high.
Well I had to check up forex allocation for the month of June and couldn't find any. I was opportuned to see allocation for other months upto May. Atleast to d best of mmy knowledge, d CBN releases forex on a weekly basic. So far nothing has been released for the month of June and this is not unconnected to the new policy which the CBN has adopted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
MrMann1:
Guys, please is it possible to travel by July 4 when sch is expected to resume fall semester by Aug. 22?? That's the favourable date I can see for now.
No sir. You can enter 30 days to resumption
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
MrMann1:

Count back 30 days from the start date on your I-20. That's the earliest you can come in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
MrMann1:

Check Qatar air.
They charge #200/$

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
MrMann1:

No be small tin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrMann1(m): 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2016
Holudarey01:

Check Qatar air.
They charge #200/$
Ok. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
MrMann1:

Ok. Thanks
Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
gunther6:

I am going to Access Bank for PTA today... If they start talking trashnese I'm heading to Standard Chartered, I'm tired of FBN and GTB wahala.... Changing with Abóki is dangerous, they mix counterfeit dollars with genuine ones... I'm really tired. Pls anyone with a better idea should pls speak out

Access that told me they don't do PTA. Diamond said they don't do PTA either. Zenith said they don't have. Don't bother with GTB they will tell you one story about a portal. Ecobank says you need an account that has been running for 6months. Same with fcmb and fidelity. Union bank said no. Unity bank probably haven't heard of PTA. Heritage bank said they don't sell. Spoke to a first bank manager and he said they have a queue up till august. I'm tired.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fortissimo:

Access that told me they don't do PTA. Diamond said they don't do PTA either. Don't bother with GTB they will tell you one story about a portal. Ecobank says you need an account that has been running for 6months. Same with fcmb and fidelity. Union bank said no. Unity bank probably haven't heard of PTA. Heritage bank said they don't sell. Spoke to a first bank manager and he said they have a queue up till august. I'm tired.
Omo no be here o.
Everything just dey tight o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2016
rydow:

Meet those Aboki and get a STAMPED dollar. Or better still don't change in $100 change in $20. Small dollars no get fraud. And moreover if u are a first timer, it would save you with Nigerian immigrations and PTA wahala. When they see Huge $20, dem go free you sharp sharp.

My Humble Opinion. Thanks.

***Aboooki=Northernal ,

Noob here. Abeg what do the emboldened phrases mean?

cc gunther6
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2016
Holudarey01:

Omo no be here o.
Everything just dey tight o

At all brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
@ NairaSea23

Congrats . That is the lady that interviewed me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by anikemoses(m): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fortissimo:

Noob here. Abeg what do the emboldened phrases mean?

cc gunther6
This is for y'all that will be patronizing "black market" for purchase of $.

1.Ensure the seller has a registered company name and a physical address.when I was around,I always use a particular one inside Eko hotel v/island.

2.Ensure the $ are stamped and it MUST carry the name of the company of the seller..

3.If it's ur first time of dealing,u must first pretend that u want to sell $ to the seller,he/she will tell u how much he can buy from u,after which u will tell him/her that u want to buy,the difference between buying and selling is usually 2-3Naira..use ur bargaining strategy to ur advantage..

I wins I could help some of u with some $ but u just have to be physically present in the states for me to transact..All in all,best of luck,just know that the real struggle begins when u get here,the visa is just 1 out of multiple challenges..at some point u will wish u never left ur comfort zone..plan well before coming..Shalom!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cseejhay: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
hello my people, someone posted on here few weeks back.The post contained links to download TOEFL videos and prep materials.he further to adviced the real deal is on the videos, that whoever is downloading should focus on them and care less bout the lengthy pdf materials.PLS I NEED THOSE LINKS TODAY.PLS PLS PLS.got short time to prepare for the test.someone help with the links pls.gracias!
i pray for those who are in this stage i am and those who are yet to grab VISA....Our lips shall be filled with songs at the finish line..AMEN!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fortissimo:

How much are they saying?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
ecaaychukwu:
Let's relate bro...how do we contact each other

Oya send me PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
anikemoses:
This is for y'all that will be patronizing "black market" for purchase of $.

1.Ensure the seller has a registered company name and a physical address.when I was around,I always use a particular one inside Eko hotel v/island.

2.Ensure the $ are stamped and it MUST carry the name of the company of the seller..

3.If it's ur first time of dealing,u must first pretend that u want to sell $ to the seller,he/she will tell u how much he can buy from u,after which u will tell him/her that u want to buy,the difference between buying and selling is usually 2-3Naira..use ur bargaining strategy to ur advantage..

I wins I could help some of u with some $ but u just have to be physically present in the states for me to transact..All in all,best of luck,just know that the real struggle begins when u get here,the visa is just 1 out of multiple challenges..at some point u will wish u never left ur comfort zone..plan well before coming..Shalom!
I sourced around $250 from the missus so I'm basically good till touch down, need just less than $30 for amtrak.. So I do have ### , Bros what is your exchange rate and how much you got. Already sent a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by TPAB(m): 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
Walspring:

So shall it be by the power in the blood of Jesus... Amen

THIS IS YOUR YEAR OF DIVINE FAVOUR AND DOMINION ACCELERATION (DFDA)

Amen...I receive it upon my life

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.