Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It (39550 Views)

Why The 2017 Budget Signing Was Delayed - Acting President, Osinbajo Explains / Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price / Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 13, 2016
TippyTop:
Who still listens to this fake pastor?
You lots need a lecture on how to do opposition politics, you guys sound too vane

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Praktikals(m): 10:31pm On May 13, 2016
YourMrBoo:
This osibanjo is the worst fool of a vice president ever come to my memory...
You don't know the difference between privilege and right and you re here calling someone a fool.

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Seunjungle(m): 10:32pm On May 13, 2016
Rich people will never want this removal of fuel subsidy to come to reality, just because they are the major consumption of petrol.

-They run company that depends on petrol daily
-They run on big generator engine that consumes petrol daily even at home
-They go out daily with many cars
Who removal of subsidy epp...me n yhu?
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by misscall247: 10:33pm On May 13, 2016
hazyfm1:

You don't mean it ?
make boil grow 4ur left yansh dia #bastard#
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by ednut1(m): 10:34pm On May 13, 2016
OKDnigeria:
l fully support d govt as far as subsidy removal is concern.

My grouse with dem is their stinking hypocrisy. They opposed it in 2012, telling d pple dat subsidy removal is anti pple. We would have gone past dis issue as a nation 4 yrs ago. APC have set us back by 4 yrs by opposing subsidy removal in 2012. not dat they didn't know d benefit of it, they just wanted to turn d pple against d govt then just to grab power.
learn to read na. no subsidy was removed
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by kbbanj10(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2016
kachola:
Oga APC was not in existence by that 2012
wallahi u get sense
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by akpumping7720(m): 10:36pm On May 13, 2016
CarrotAndStick:
So Osibanjo is still the Vice President?
Mba.... minister for Agriculture!!!
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by mcgaius: 10:37pm On May 13, 2016
Meaning no subsidy was removed
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by asids55: 10:41pm On May 13, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Someone help me ask the fool why government should shy away from their responsibility.

Why can't the government endure by subsidizing our fuel until when we attain the said sufficiency by 2018.

Why will it have to be the masses that will do the enduring, what now is the responsibility of the government if they keep running away from their misgivings and problems.

The government should know that this subsidy removal came at a very wrong time when we are having crisis oon our foreign exchange...

This government is a flop, a joke and a scam...
I despise this government for despising on me first...

Zombies can go ahead and quote me, some of you will have to cough out the said money from your asses to buy the said fuel. Beautiful nonsense

why can't you just read for once ehnn...you don't have to come to a public forum and show your ignorance, it was clearly stated that revenue from oil for April was 550m $,and what the importers need it about 225m $,that's already half of it,do you think it's just the oil importers that need $ from cbn?there are other critical sectors of the economy that need $,so how the hell do you want them to ration that till 2018??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Khalifa04: 10:41pm On May 13, 2016
Dolly4u:
U are big time folk n God will punish u, oloriburuku omp ale jatijati ode oponu afofugbemu werey oloshi enyan abunu mashafani
chairman pls take am easy
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 13, 2016
CarrotAndStick:
So Osibanjo is still the Vice President?

No he is not, your father is. Iranu gedi gedi Okrikpotor

3 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by piagetskinner(m): 10:44pm On May 13, 2016
I don't know what to believe again..

This country Don tire me
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 13, 2016
"We expect that foreign exchange will be sourced at an average of about N285 to the dollar, (current interbank rate). "

I thought that was N197?
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Hengineer: 10:47pm On May 13, 2016
Manspeaks:

This reply is the reason why the entire black race has been continually backward.
Haha... I suppose in your small world, progress is all about hating the pastor and loving corrupt scoundrels?... kontinuu!

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by msbbash(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Someone help me ask the fool why government should shy away from their responsibility.

Why can't the government endure by subsidizing our fuel until when we attain the said sufficiency by 2018.

Why will it have to be the masses that will do the enduring, what now is the responsibility of the government if they keep running away from their misgivings and problems.

The government should know that this subsidy removal came at a very wrong time when we are having crisis oon our foreign exchange...

Zombies can go ahead and quote me, some of you will have to cough out the said money from your asses to buy the said fuel. Beautiful nonsense
APC!! All Promise Cancelled..... if u say BABA ? koni daa fun e

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by duality(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2016
Is osinbajo saying, Subsidy was not removed but just a price increase to enable us import Petrol abi?
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by myhotbrain: 10:53pm On May 13, 2016
Politics / Re: The Notable Difference Between Jonathan And Buhari's Subsidy Removal by plaetton: 6:21pm

myhotbrain:

MY RESPONSE TO A MEMBER ON ANOTHER RELATED TOPIC EARLIER TODAY:

FOR THE LAY MAN:

1) CBN IS THE BANKER OF ALL BANKS AND THE BANKER OF THE FGN

2) THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SELL CRUDE OIL IN DOLLARS.

3) WHEN THE PRICE OF CRUDE OIL IS HIGH, FGN MAKES MORE DOLLARS THUS HAVE MORE DOLLARS TO SELL.

4) WHEN THE PRICE OF CRUDE OIL IS LOWER, FGN MAKES LESS DOLLARS THUS HAVE LESS DOLLARS TO SELL.
(BECAUSE PRICE OF CRUDE OIL HAS BEEN VERY VERY LOW FOR OVER 18 MONTHS NOW IS WHY GOVERNMENT STOP SELLING DOLLARS TO BUREAU DE CHANGE AND ALSO BANK THE IMPORTATION OF SOME NON ESSENTIAL GOODS AS WELL AS EXCLUDED SOME OTHER GOODS FROM ACCESSING THE OFFICIAL CBN RATE OF ACTUALLY N198 TO $1. OR ROUNDED UP WE SAY N200.

5) FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SELL DOLLARS TO IMPORTERS OF FUEL AT OFFICIAL RATE. BUT SOMETIMES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MIGHT NOT EVEN HAVE DOLLARS TO SELL BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH. SO THE IMPORTERS HAVE TO SOURCE FOR DOLLARS ON THEIR OWN OR NOT IMPORT AT ALL WHICH MIGHT CAUSE SHORTAGE OF FUELS AND RESULTED TO SCARCITY OF FUEL AND LONG LINES AT THE FILLING STATION.

6) GOVERNMENT NOW IS SAYING THAT THEY WANT TO GET OUT OF SUBSIDY ALTOGETHER BECAUSE OF ALL THE PROBLEMS INVOLVED BUT OF COURSE, WILL STILL REGULATE THE PRICING MODULE THIS IS WHY MR IBE KACHIKWU SAY PRICE OF PETROL WILL BE BETWEEN N135-N145.

ADVICE:

1) QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ASKED OF GOVERNMENT SUCH AS:

A) CAN ANYBODY NOW IMPORT FUEL AS THEY WISH JUST AS AGO,
B) CAN THE IMPORTER ACCESS OFFICIAL DOLLAR RATE OR THEY ARE OYO (ON YOUR OWN)
C) WHAT IF CRUDE OIL PRICE INCREASES SHARPLY IN THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET AND PRICE OF PETROL RISES ALONG WITH IT? WHAT SOCIAL PALLIATIVE WILL BE EMPLOYED TO ASSUAGE THE EFFECT?
D) WHEN WILL THE NEW REFINERIES COME ON BOARD?
E) HAVE THEY OFFICIALLY EXIT THE KEROSENE SUBSIDY REGIME AND CAN ANY IMPORTER ALSO ENGAGE IN THAT IMPORTATION.
F) WHEN WILL THEY DISTRIBUTE THE FREE GAS CYLINDERS TO THE POOR MASSES AND WHAT INFRASTRUCTURE WILL THEY HAVE ON GROUND SO THAT EVERYONE WHO NEEDS GAS CAN ACCESS IT AT A FAIR PRICE AND ADEQUATELY?

2) LABOR UNIONS SHOULD ASK FOR IMMEDIATE REVIEW OF THEIR SALARIES TO AT LEAST, DOUBLE OF WHAT THE CURRENT MINIMUM IS I.E. N36,000.

3) WE MUST DEMAND FOR A WELL FUNDED AND WELL EQUIPPED POLICE FORCE AND OF COURSE, MORE RECRUITMENT; THAT APPROVED 10,000 RECRUITMENT SPOT IS DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH, WE SHOULD BE TALKING OF A YEARLY INCREASE OF MINIMUM 50,000 FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS.

WHY? BECAUSE THE FEAR OF AN EFFICIENT NON-BRIBE TAKING POLICE FORCE IS THE BEGINNING OF ORDERLINESS, CRIME PREVENTION AND ENFORCEMENT. GO SEE THE DEVELOP WORLD. THE MERE SEEING OF A POLICE CAR BEHIND YOUR OWN IS THE ULTIMATE REASON TO OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS.

WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING POLICE OFFICERS AS BEGGERS ON THE STREET AND EXTORTIONIST IN THEIR POLICE STATIONS.

CONCLUSION:

SUBSIDY OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS MUST GO AND NEVER REAR ITS UGLY HEAD AGAIN.
ASIDE OF THE WASTE WHICH IT HAS BEEN CONSTITUTING FOR SUCH A LONG TIME. IT IS ALSO A SHAME ON OUR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE THAT WE ARE IMPORTING PRODUCTS IN WHICH WE HAVE COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE IN THE SOURCE OF RAW MATERIALS FOR THOSE PRODUCTS.

RATHER THAN IMPORTING FUELS, NIGERIA SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE AFRICAN LEADER IN THE EXPORTATION OF REFINED PRODUCTS AND THIS IS WHY I HAVE ALWAYS SUPPORTED SUBSIDY REMOVAL.

AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CALL ON ALL MONEY-BAGS TO JUMP ON THIS SHIP NOW: BUILD REFINERIES EITHER MODULAR OR GREENFIELD, BUILD GAS DISPENSING DEPOTS...THESE ARE BUSINESSES FOR THE PRESENT AND NOW...

GOVERNMENT SHOULD ALSO ENCOURAGE THE USE OF DUAL POWER FOR THE ROAD TRANSPORT OWNERS I.E. ENACT LAWS WHICH WILL MAKE ALL BUSES USE BOTH GAS AND PETROL SO THAT WE CAN REDUCE THE USE OF PETROL.
FYI: NIGERIA IS SAID TO BE THE 4TH LARGEST OWNER OF GAS RESERVE...WE CAN START TO HARNESS THE POTENTIALS OF THIS RESERVE AND USE ITS PROCEED TO BENEFIT OUR PEOPLE.

TAKING A BREAK FOR NOW

PEACE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Hengineer: 10:54pm On May 13, 2016
misscall247:
Are you God to know DAT?
Are you God to know he's fake?
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by eemogkay: 10:56pm On May 13, 2016
I know that they will send you to us. We don hear you. Hmmm
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by YourMrBoo: 10:57pm On May 13, 2016
Praktikals:

You don't know the difference between privilege and right and you re here calling someone a fool.

He is a FOOL. Now can you get lost?!?!
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Nigeriasam: 10:59pm On May 13, 2016
Hengineer:
I do! Very many Nigerians and even non-Nigerians do, far much more than those who do not and you know why?... its because he is an outstandingly intelligent professor of law, a senior advocate of Nigeria, and an annointed man of God.

The only people who do not take him serious are those who hate him, and the only reason they hate him is cos he was elevated by God to the position of VP of the FRN, together with PMB, and together they displaced a pathologically corrupt regime.
brilliant reponse, my brother.

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by YourMrBoo: 10:59pm On May 13, 2016
asids55:

why can't you just read for once ehnn...you don't have to come to a public forum and show your ignorance, it was clearly stated that revenue from oil for April was 550m $,and what the importers need it about 225m $,that's already half of it,do you think it's just the oil importers that need $ from cbn?there are other critical sectors of the economy that need $,so how the hell do you want them to ration that till 2018??

So what's your point, BC I can see any significance with the rubbish the fool of a vice president said earlier...
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Angrymode: 10:59pm On May 13, 2016
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGfH9H5QvfQ

[size=14pt]Nigerian govt. finally removes fuel subsidy[/size]

The Federal Government has finally removed subsidy from sale of Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, also known as petrol with immediate effect. After the trillions of naira spent by successive administrations sustaining the corrupt and hugely inefficient fuel subsidy regime, Wednesday the Muhammadu Buhari administration finally summoned up the courage to remove the subsidy on petrol, stating that it would now sell for not more than N145 a litre.

Your write up is so provocative!!! I believe you are one of those hypocrites who raised placards to protest the subsidy removal some years back!!! Na GOD go judge una one by one sha.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Chudichu(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Jealous as in how??

In my profession I do it well, am a programmer...

So I expect him to also do well in his, what's there??

Dude how do you charge the phone you are using to quote me zombifically?
oga programmer continue o,Clap for yourself. The VP is the best in his profession, just saying tho.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by TolaniLuv: 11:04pm On May 13, 2016
Fake pastor!! Turn politician
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Deadlytruth(m): 11:06pm On May 13, 2016
Rayhutar:

ACN and CPC=APC, the same El-Rufai, Tunubu, Fashola, Buhari,Bakare,Osinbajo etc that sponsored occupy Nigeria in 2012

"Occupy Nigeria" was done by the SNG group led by Tunde Bakare. I never saw Tinubu, Fashola, Buhari, in that Ojota crowd. However, if you insist the SNG's protest was sponsored by Tinubu, Fashola and Buhari; then the SNG's anti-Yaradua cabal protest for the instalment of GEJ was as well sponsored by Buhari, Fashola and Tinubu......meaning that they once loved and supported GEJ but GEJ later did not impress them.

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by KayodeAjani: 11:08pm On May 13, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Wetin this one dey talk sef? someone came up to explain to analyse what have been controvertial issue every where yet you still nag......i think they still have us in mind thats why dey r doing all this by the time you buy a bag of garri or rice for NGN30,000 and hunger want finish you .you will understand

I dont like how we address our leaders thats what we all did during Jonathan Tenure we abuse,we curse we complain no even any form of appreciation yes i agree things has been very difficult recently but that did not warrant us insult them any how is insulting them the solution? You talk as if if you see him you can alter such a word .you will have even be the one that will postrate first.

Please lets mind our speech to our leaders hence we will be like children of israel in the bible that when moses was leading to promise land starts nagging to moses that why cant he live them in pharoahs hand thatbthey r ok with the tourture

They also made moses to sruck the rock more than the amount of time God told him to struck yes the comfort came to them they drink water but they died too much.........,also moses lost the promise land.

Please lets advice with wisdom.

Waiting for your reply asap.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by lollmaolol(m): 11:11pm On May 13, 2016
TippyTop:
Who still listens to this fake pastor?

We still listen , cos we know when wisdom speaks substance.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by plaetton: 11:12pm On May 13, 2016
OKDnigeria:
l fully support d govt as far as subsidy removal is concern.

My grouse with dem is their stinking hypocrisy. They opposed it in 2012, telling d pple dat subsidy removal is anti pple. We would have gone past dis issue as a nation 4 yrs ago. APC have set us back by 4 yrs by opposing subsidy removal in 2012. not dat they didn't know d benefit of it, they just wanted to turn d pple against d govt then just to grab power.

You have spoken golden words my comrade.

The sheer hypocrisy of these people in power is nauseating, to to say the least.

By irrationally opposing many positive policy initiatives of the GEJ era, and succeeding in turning public sentiment against the previous government on such policies as fuel SUBSIDY removal, sovereign wealth fund, etc, the APC is also directly responsible for the errors of the past that have brought us to where we are today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by AfroKnight: 11:14pm On May 13, 2016
Excellent decision. For the first time in history our downstream oil sector is going to operate free market.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by igwedaboss(m): 11:17pm On May 13, 2016
Hengineer:
I do! Very many Nigerians and even non-Nigerians do, far much more than those who do not and you know why?... its because he is an outstandingly intelligent professor of law, a senior advocate of Nigeria, and an annointed man of God.

The only people who do not take him serious are those who hate him, and the only reason they hate him is cos he was elevated by God to the position of VP of the FRN, together with PMB, and together they displaced a pathologically corrupt regime.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 13, 2016
link2ok:
May God judge us all

This country would never cease to amaze me. What they all kicked against in the name of scam during GEJ's administration is thesame tin they want to xplain to us otherwise. Clueless mofos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Latest Pictures From The Lekki Sea Port / Stephen Ukpukpen Slumps & Dies While Jogging In Calabar - Picture / Female Voter's Eye Plucked Out By Assailants In Kano After Elections. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.