Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It (39555 Views)

Why The 2017 Budget Signing Was Delayed - Acting President, Osinbajo Explains / Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price / Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by tefund(m): 9:57pm On May 13, 2016
tete7000:
Since you have tacitly given go ahead for marketers to source for forex in black market why not just devalue the naira and stop being hypocritical about it?
my brother common sense is not common
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Angoni(m): 9:58pm On May 13, 2016
So there is no subsidy money to save and invest in infrastructure as compensation for the hardship? This pastor odubanje and the cattle herder from Daura are bump ass.holes. Just no debate about it.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Charly68: 9:59pm On May 13, 2016
LesbianBoy:
God Punish Buhari and his supporters! angry
Plus your family members that support him too. Stop making stupid remarks on this page.

3 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 13, 2016
Well said Mr Vice President..

Many of us in Nigeria view economic situations with periscopes of politics/ethnicity...

I will keep on praying for this government to succeed..

3 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Nusaf: 10:02pm On May 13, 2016
YourMrBoo:
This osibanjo is the worst fool of a vice president ever come to my memory...

Someone help me ask the fool why government should shy away from their responsibility.

Why can't the government endure by subsidizing our fuel until when we attain the said sufficiency by 2018.

Why will it have to be the masses that will do the enduring, what now is the responsibility of the government if they keep running away from their misgivings and problems.

The government should know that this subsidy removal came at a very wrong time when we are having crisis oon our foreign exchange...

This government is a flop, a joke and a scam...
I despise this government for despising on me first...

Zombies can go ahead and quote me, some of you will have to cough out the said money from your asses to buy the said fuel. Beautiful nonsense
I doubt if u read/comprehend the story. Since reading/comprehension is ur problem now read this: THE PROBLEM IS MORE OF FOREX THAN SUBSIDY REMOVAL. If u don't understand this summary, then ur case is a special one and u will need an expert.

4 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by alowonle02(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2016
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by watered(m): 10:06pm On May 13, 2016
I'm so loving Nigeria and the current situation now. This truly serves us right. Next time we will use our heads well
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by chronique(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2016
Please,if anybody knows where sense is being sold,someone should quickly help us buy some cartons of it for this man. Why can't anybody in this government be straight forward for once? Why come out to say "this issue is not an issue of subsidy removal" but of foreign exchange... If the marketers are to source forex themselves,import and sell at a regulated price fixed by government,would government still pay them subsidies? If no,is this not the same thing as subsidy removal? Why does the VP want to mislead Nigerians to think subsidy is still being paid on pms?

For those who do not understand what the VP has said,this is the summary of it: "we're no longer subsidizing fuel importation,and have given marketers the free hand to import and sell at their own price,that must not exceed #145 naira".

It's a painful decision that we must all accept.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by 4nobody4every1: 10:08pm On May 13, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing clarification, so it's N135-N145 grin

But where is lalasticlala sef undecided
l am here, this is my other moniker, always quote me with this moniker grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2016
OKDnigeria:
l fully support d govt as far as subsidy removal is concern.

My grouse with dem is their stinking hypocrisy. They opposed it in 2012, telling d pple dat subsidy removal is anti pple. We would have gone past dis issue as a nation 4 yrs ago. APC have set us back by 4 yrs by opposing subsidy removal in 2012. not dat they didn't know d benefit of it, they just wanted to turn d pple against d govt then just to grab power.

So in all your knowledge, wisdom and understanding it was what APC said 4 years ago that made the previous regime not remove subsidy, like read it back to yourself, a powerful PDP government would be shaken by words of opposition that as at then had little to show, Nigerians should insulting themselves with silly and low level comments like these, do you think an 17 year old teen in the US would ever say the reason Obama is bringing a law was because the previous Bush administration were scared of the Obama party were saying, just saying, bro and the rest of you on this thread who can't seem to reason well and talk, instead you choose to always insults and blame, 4 years ago, the people were getting tired of the PDP, lies and looting was they did, we had lost faith so when they came with subsidy, NLC and the masses kicked against, so you all that was APC's fault, common man, stop this, you are insulting yourself and the Nigerian youth...

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Manspeaks(m): 10:10pm On May 13, 2016
Hengineer:
I do! Very many Nigerians and even non-Nigerians do, far much more than those who do not and you know why?... its because he is an outstandingly intelligent professor of law, a senior advocate of Nigeria, and an annointed man of God.

The only people who do not take him serious are those who hate him, and the only reason they hate him is cos he was elevated by God to the position of VP of the FRN, together with PMB, and together they displaced a pathologically corrupt regime.

This reply is the reason why the entire black race has been continually backward.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by pepetua(m): 10:11pm On May 13, 2016
oh lord,give me enough patience, endurance, tolerance, fortitude and above all sustain this life so as to see what this regime have in store for her people in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Khez: 10:12pm On May 13, 2016
Lol I'm still surprised at how he missed this little information about the sudden pms hike in his numerous mend or sweet talk about the Almighty budget.....
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by 4nobody4every1: 10:12pm On May 13, 2016
Hengineer:
I do! Very many Nigerians and even non-Nigerians do, far much more than those who do not and you know why?... its because he is an outstandingly intelligent professor of law, a senior advocate of Nigeria, and an annointed man of God.

The only people who do not take him serious are those who hate him, and the only reason they hate him is cos he was elevated by God to the position of VP of the FRN, together with PMB, and together they displaced a pathologically corrupt regime.
Gbam grin grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by heffem(m): 10:12pm On May 13, 2016
Pls guys where is that jobless pastor by the name Tunde Bakare, and how about the "Save Nigeria Group".... God is watching u people on 3D
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:12pm On May 13, 2016
kachola:
Oga APC was not in existence by that 2012

Abeg, please help me tell them ooo, these people can't think for themselves, blame and insult is the easiest way out for them, which APC are you all referring to in 2016, was it APC that said we should protest or was it the APC that was writing all the media papers, all the companies shutting down because of fuel hike, i still remember Beat FM, MTN, Cool FM, banks and all closing down while some were closing early was all these APC's fault, seriously i come on nairaland and just shake my head, do you people have any brains at all, do you guys think at all, must you always blame, for once think, think and fvcking think, ask questions, stop insulting your president and Vice president unless you have genuine reasons to.... gosh, i am out of here

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by FullDepth1: 10:14pm On May 13, 2016
4th Quarter of 2018 ??!!!!!!!

WHAAAT !!? 2 YEARS !??

So you mean Nigerians would have to Ensure this Unfathomable Hardship until the End of 2018 ?

With the new Exchange Rate pegged at 290 ?
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by GreatEngineer(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2016
kachola:
So Tinubu, Buhari n Co were not in existence in 2012? When you say APC, is it the people you referring to or the alphabet, stop twisting things in the name of defending the these politicians. There will do you no good, both PDP n APC, there are hypocrites.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2016
biz9ja:
Good Point......85% OF nigerians will agree

lol, dude unless those 85% are not on nairaland, because the kinds of minds here won't oo, they would only insult, abuse and call names, ask them to counter his point with reasonable points or facts, for where..
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by maxzzo1(m): 10:15pm On May 13, 2016
Bull shit!!!
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by lordgosh: 10:15pm On May 13, 2016
YourMrBoo:
This osibanjo is the worst fool of a vice president ever come to my memory...

Someone help me ask the fool why government should shy away from their responsibility.

Why can't the government endure by subsidizing our fuel until when we attain the said sufficiency by 2018.

Why will it have to be the masses that will do the enduring, what now is the responsibility of the government if they keep running away from their misgivings and problems.

The government should know that this subsidy removal came at a very wrong time when we are having crisis oon our foreign exchange...

This government is a flop, a joke and a scam...
I despise this government for despising on me first...

Zombies can go ahead and quote me, some of you will have to cough out the said money from your asses to buy the said fuel. Beautiful nonsense

Mr typewriter if Osinbajo s the worst VP wat about Sambo.....u must be a fool to be able to quickly identify 1....

Wat a well typed nonsense

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by sharpchap: 10:15pm On May 13, 2016
Why did they go to China then? I thot they said they want to use yuan as substitute for dollar? APC una talk no straight ooooo! If una no sabi make una come down. Is not by force to be in power. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by mediachirps(m): 10:17pm On May 13, 2016
Fuel subsidy remo val would've been four years today with better economy values, but some blind and myopic bigots like you made it impossible. today, you're giving 101 reasons why is perfect for your PMB to remove that same subsidy he protested against. The whole issues is simple to understand, the country is build on tribal hatred and religious sentiments. That same reasons PMB is removing fuel subsidy is that same reasons GEJ did, so what's the different? when lies are spoken in english, just few people notices it. because they want PMB to take the credit, no one will protest against it. evil nation worst than hell. If reincarnation is real, I wouldn't in anyway want to be an African again, moreover been a Nigerian. My piece.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2016
malton:
I'm really concerned for this generation.

The simple mindedness of some people will make you weep.

So despite the irrefutable facts presented by the VP, some people waved it all away on alter of politics? What for? In solidarity for a politician who barely even feels the heat.

Their narratives are so filled with emotional bias. As though suffering knows tribe or region.

Bro it seems you and i are amongst the elite few who reasons alike, 2 crates of big stout for your consumption and one sure babe for the entire weekend.... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy don't mention, it's all on me,.. cool

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Seunjungle(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2016
Rich people will never want this removal of fuel subsidy to come to reality, just because they are the major consumption of petrol.

-They run company that depends on petrol daily
-They run on big generator engine that consumes petrol daily even at home
-They go out daily with many cars
Who removal of subsidy epp...me n yhu?

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by YourMrBoo: 10:18pm On May 13, 2016
Nusaf:

I doubt if u read/comprehend the story. Since reading/comprehension is ur problem now read this: THE PROBLEM IS MORE OF FOREX THAN SUBSIDY REMOVAL. If u don't understand this summary, then ur case is a special one and u will need an expert.

It seems you are the one that lacks basic comprehension...
Since is all about forex why did they go ahead and remove the subsidy?
Get my points and handle your own case.
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by hazyfm1: 10:19pm On May 13, 2016
misscall247:
who asked u 4all dis trash?.........Get sense,nobody is talking abt position here
#we are all equal b4 God#
nigerians are passing through hell now,so he own dem an apology for failing even as a prof.
Buhari/Osibanjo is d worst tin dat ever happend to #MyFamily#

You don't mean it?
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by maxzzo1(m): 10:19pm On May 13, 2016
Nusaf:

Mr sabi b4 APC came hw was forex? What did they do to the forex
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:20pm On May 13, 2016
Nusaf:

Nusaf not only him, 90% of people on this thread all think and reason like him also....

1 Like

Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by Jimi23(m): 10:21pm On May 13, 2016
kachola:

Indeed but Tifnubu was in existence!
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by hazyfm1: 10:21pm On May 13, 2016
misscall247:
who asked u 4all dis trash?.........Get sense,nobody is talking abt position here
#we are all equal b4 God#
nigerians are passing through hell now,so he own dem an apology for failing even as a prof.
Buhari/Osibanjo is d worst tin dat ever happend to #MyFamily#

You don't mean it ?
Re: Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It by skintus: 10:22pm On May 13, 2016
Dolly4u:
U are big time folk n God will punish u, oloriburuku omp ale jatijati ode oponu afofugbemu werey oloshi enyan abunu mashafani

May God forgive you because you know u are heading for doom along with ur end time leaders but u still won't have a rethink and turn back. Be factual and non partisan, its the best way to be a patriot not this ur yamayama way of cursing and siding crazy government policies!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'RCCGisation' - MURIC Knocks Osinbajo's Declaration / Train Attack: I Am Still Supporting Buhari - Hassan Usman, Freed Victim / Protesters Storm Jonathan's Office Ask Him To Join 2023 Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.