Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production (42420 Views)

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Dangote Tomato Factory Reopens February / Dangote Tomato Company Begins Test Production In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by temodent(m): 11:16am On May 14, 2016
Omooba77:
Bad planning by the management,tomatoes can be harvested under three months. With irrigation,it will be an all year crop

Such a very retrogressive way of thinking, you never even thought it was an opportunity for you and I to look at the possibility of turning into farmers or investing farming of tomatoes. Somebody just seize the initiative and you are saying he lacked foresight.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by kamelonaire(m): 11:18am On May 14, 2016
smileyNo single tomato tu buy for market he bi like this world won end
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by slimfit1(m): 11:51am On May 14, 2016
FxDuke:

bro exactly, infact eh i dunno whether it is wickedness or what... almost everything seems not to be working even agriculture, in this 21st century where things are now done easily with the advancement of technology. these days one can plant anything regardless of the prevailing weather condition or season all year round. but here is a country that just refuses to plan angry and harness its resources (natural resource and human) for the betterment of the people....imagine a whole giant of Africa struggling to produce 5000megawatts of electricity! where pupils still sit on bare floor to receive learning. most people are not using their brains at all! we need to start to apply scientific knowledge which can be found in the universities to solve these numerous challenges.

i am recommending that most of the people who call themselves leaders should watch this movie called martian, maybe by then they may have a change of perspective.

Love your comment
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by ramdris(m): 12:10pm On May 14, 2016
omobaekiti:
if you don't know a thing about what is being discussed why not "waka pass"Dangote never went into tomato farming,he is into tomato paste production. The article is only talking about dangote viz a viz tomato is because of the unavailability of the raw material occasioned by the pest tuta whatever. and oga pray tell how do you store tomatoes than what dangote is doing...
Okay sir..**wears boot and walks away**
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 14, 2016
I will give u but u have to waka come Ondo, wait ooo what will u give in return?
cekhoe:
I am from Edo,but na wah for you o,can you just help a sister self,OK,just give me only small stew,I go hustle for rice
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Ghost447(m): 12:39pm On May 14, 2016
Pavore9:

So because they voted for APC that is why their farms were affected by Tuta Absoluta?
LWKMD
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Pavore9: 12:54pm On May 14, 2016
Ghost447:
LWKMD!anyway Lucifer can use anything to punish people

Lucifer has no business in this! Preventive measures were not taken. For a region that grows Capiscum (bell pepper) and should there be an infestation of nematodes in that region, a farmer who just have the Mexican Marigold plants planted in his farm will not be affected because the root of the Marigold produces a chemical that kills nematodes as they enter the soil and this plant is all over Nigeria!

Knowledge matters!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 14, 2016
Richydos:

Noh be lie..... D punishment of the sin called "called" is being suffered by all..... D worse wey dey pain me be say Garri #100 wey i noh dey fit finish b4 now don become not enough.... Lolz
na so we see am ooo
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 14, 2016
Oma307:
I will give u but u have to waka come Ondo, wait ooo what will u give in return?
so because of tomatoes stew I go trek go ondo, na wah o
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 14, 2016
As u can see, it's even more expensive than petrol despite federal govt removal of subsidy, or u wan make i con give u my pot of stew for edo, perhaps they are even closer
cekhoe:
so because of tomatoes stew I go trek go ondo, na wah o
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Omooba77: 3:15pm On May 14, 2016
temodent:

Such a very retrogressive way of thinking, you never even thought it was an opportunity for you and I to look at the possibility of turning into farmers or investing farming of tomatoes. Somebody just seize the initiative and you are saying he lacked foresight.
We are talking of same thing; win win situation.
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 14, 2016
Oma307:
As u can see, it's even more expensive than petrol despite federal govt removal of subsidy, or u wan make i con give u my pot of stew for edo, perhaps they are even closer
hehehe,aite,let me pack.my bags for my trekking, it's sure gonna be a long walk, after all na trek when buhari win,I just hope say assorted dey the stew ooo,to make the trekking worth it
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 14, 2016
Am already waiting for u at the motor park, dont worry whether assorted or not, i have it nice for with a chill drink
cekhoe:
hehehe,aite,let me pack.my bags for my trekking, it's sure gonna be a long walk, after all na trek when buhari win,I just hope say assorted dey the stew ooo,to make the trekking worth it
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Samabu07(m): 4:59pm On May 14, 2016
There isn't tomatoes in Nigeria for now. I heard from a seller its been imported from Cameroun (Though at your own risk).
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 14, 2016
Oma307:
Am already waiting for u at the motor park, dont worry whether assorted or not, i have it nice for with a chill drink
ok
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 7:25pm On May 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Why is Nigeria so dependent on seasonal farming!
how many farmers do you know can afford irrigation
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 7:27pm On May 14, 2016
ramdris:
And who the heck goes into large scale farming without considering long term storage facilities? That is the dumbest thing av heard in a long while. Aliko should know better na..
who the heck criticises without reading and comprehension

1 Like

Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 7:28pm On May 14, 2016
ItzTun3chi:
we really need a concrete plan to restructure this country coz the way we are heading am afraid
who will implement the plan
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 7:29pm On May 14, 2016
agarawu23:
So should I say Ymodulus is smarter and wiser than the richest man in Africa? angry

Is sourcing fresh tomatoes from neighbooring countries a bad option for him?

I am not getting this tomatoe drama
do you know how many of us are in Nigeria
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 7:30pm On May 14, 2016
EmekaBlue:
see as tomato come dey reign this 2016
abi o, make se and ss come see o we need each other abi dem go drink the oyel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 7:31pm On May 14, 2016
lonelydora:
Na Dangote of all people fvck up like this? Bad planning.

Where is that our Nairaland brother that went to Cameroun to buy tomatoes? See market come sell your products
how is the plan bad.
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 7:32pm On May 14, 2016
Omooba77:
Bad planning by the management,tomatoes can be harvested under three months. With irrigation,it will be an all year crop
na you go share d irrigation equipment ba
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 7:33pm On May 14, 2016
MARKone:
Why must tomatoes be predominantly planted in these Northern states, there are arable lands, in the south East and south West were tomatoes can flourish, a lesson for everyone, the one Nigeria mantra should not be toyed with grin
how many southerners want to farm .you ready to farm?
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by agarawu23(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2016
mikolo80:
do you know how many of us are in Nigeria
not an excuse
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 14, 2016
Pavore9:

So because they voted for APC that is why their farms were affected by Tuta Absoluta?

It just feels like a jinx.
Tomatoes that used to be so abundant in the North??
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by capnies: 8:02pm On May 14, 2016
borrowed money from first bank in limbo you owe more than your worth face only cement stop killing our economy
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by mikolo80: 8:25pm On May 14, 2016
you want them too to enter crisis mode. they cannot feed us. no African country can. should be the other way round.
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 14, 2016
Omooba77:

Dangote made a strategic investment during a period of tomato abundance. The disease/ worms eating up the tomatoes is like a epidermic/pandemic.

These are the normal risks in doing business..
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 14, 2016
ramdris:
And who the heck goes into large scale farming without considering long term storage facilities? That is the dumbest thing av heard in a long while. Aliko should know better na..

cheesy

All dem strategic planners..
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Newway2(m): 10:48pm On May 14, 2016
Pls what is ds plant called in Nigeria? Where & how can I get it 4 my organic farm?

Pls reply my mail msg

Pavore9:

Lucifer has not business in this! Preventive measures were not taken. For a region that grows Capiscum (bell pepper) and should there be an infestation of nematodes in that region, a farmer who just have the Mexican Marigold plants planted in his farm will not be affected because the root of the Marigold produces a chemical that kills nematodes as they enter the soil and this plant is all over Nigeria!

Knowledge matters!
Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by Sibe007(m): 10:57pm On May 14, 2016
A friend wrote about a company called Omo alata whose major raw materials include tomatoes and pepper. If this scarcity of tomatoes will accect a big company establishment like Dangote's, I wonder how smaller company's like Omoalata will survive.

https://startupdemands.com/2016/05/02/how-omoalata-works-business-model-insights/

Re: Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production by litaninja(m): 5:06am On May 15, 2016
Sometimes, I'm on Nairaland just to observe the stupidity of some Nigerians!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. / How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria / Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.