Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown (43266 Views)

Buhari Approves Six New Railway Line Projects (see Their Names) / Omokri Reacts To The Distribution Of Capital Projects In The 2016 Budget / We Don't Have Money To Release, For Capital Projects: FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Kheddy(m): 8:55am On May 15, 2016
Sh*t. . . .why am I not seeing Enugu/Port Harcourt Expressway? Isn't that a Federal Road also,Or is it not Bad enough
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by saintandsinnerz: 8:56am On May 15, 2016
modath:

Why are you people like this for heaven's sake? If you are not good at analysing & maths, you should have asked for help...

You arrived at your faulty deduction by not taking into account all that the 350b was meant for, Remove that which has been earmarked for Healthcare (HIV drugs, Vaccine for babies, contraceptives for low income women) Agric resources , Power Installation & Aviation ( (I'm sure if you weren't in the usual victim mentality and quick to condemn mode , you'd have seen Construction of Terminal Building For Enugu Airport)) Housing .....

Calculate all that is for road & bridges construction in it's totality (All zones) and divide by the 6 Geo Zones before displaying una usual crap!!! Everybody hates you, everybody hates you, don't you think it's time to check how you project yourself to the world first!! sad
No matter how you try to use innuendo to conceal your ethnic bigotry, your hatred for anything Igbo cannot be masked. What do you gain in all these?

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by great664(m): 8:56am On May 15, 2016
[s]
realjoker:
lol.. what is truth in what you have been spewing?
I meant your sillinëss and hatred is beyond redemption.
[/s] As usual? You mentioned North and south but refers to South East of 5% complaining. If that's not hate then what else?

Why not just rate North and South or just break it into the 6 Geo political Zone and rate instead of using cunningness to man silly absorption....

Free yourself from Hate..

By the way no one is complaining about the projects but praying it will be executed instead of awarding same contract next year due to embezzlement.

Once More cure urself from HATE

5 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by demelza: 8:58am On May 15, 2016
sparrowkid:

I've already overgrown my dear. What you need to do is to pray to reach my age. If I leave this world now, I'll be celebrated not mourned. It's because of your future that some of us are still here so that you would at least use your brain for something good for once.
Dead! grin grin
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by smirn(m): 9:00am On May 15, 2016
[quote author=realjoker post=45627294] Don't be skeptical bro. The cost of the the project is #170b and it is a PPP project government will commit #17b which is 10% of the cost of the project and the concessioneer company will provide the remaining 90% funding, the previous government have release #4b which the current government just complete the commitment of the fg #17b on the project.[/quote
Thank you very much for enlightening him, some people just rush to talk without proper unstanding of the issue at hand. No wonder they say Empty vessels make the loudest noise.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Nobody: 9:00am On May 15, 2016
citizenY:

I have said it before. There is no justification for tolling this bridge if all the bigbig ABUJA roads that were completed at the expense of Onitsha bridge are not tolled. Lokoja, Makurdi, Jebba, are they tolled? Why only Onitsha ?

Only time would answer
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by owanedo: 9:00am On May 15, 2016
modath:

Why are you people like this for heaven's sake? If you are not good at analysing & maths, you should have asked for help...

You arrived at your faulty deduction by not taking into account all that the 350b was meant for, Remove that which has been earmarked for Healthcare (HIV drugs, Vaccine for babies, contraceptives for low income women) Agric resources , Power Installation & Aviation ( (I'm sure if you weren't in the usual victim mentality and quick to condemn mode , you'd have seen Construction of Terminal Building For Enugu Airport)) Housing .....

Calculate all that is for road & bridges construction in it's totality (All zones) and divide by the 6 Geo Zones before displaying una usual crap!!! Everybody hates you, everybody hates you, don't you think it's time to check how you project yourself to the world first!! sad
it is in their DNA. don't waste your time on them.

2 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by citizenY(m): 9:00am On May 15, 2016
tbaba1234:

Well, the private investors need to recover their investment. If it was all government money then no toll is needed.

Abeg, lef matter for Matthias.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by chudionu58(f): 9:01am On May 15, 2016
kITATITA:
I have few fears. I hope they implement the projects as the money has been released. The Enugu - Onitsha road has been awarded many times since the administration of OBJ yet nothing to show. ( 2). I pray that the projects are not sabotaged to make the government look inept. There's already argument as who will take credit for the second Niger Bridge. It is such warped mentality that made OBJ flag of the bridge without commitment to funding and Jonathan repeated the flag off to claim credit. PMB may commission the bridge and his supporters will also claim credit. I'm happy that most of the road projects are a continuation from the past administrations; so we are going to have fewer abandoned projects.
Your opinion is just incorrect! Obasanjo just like the East west road, awarded the second Niger bridge without any design or financial plan whatsoever, it was Jonathan that redesigned and reprocured the projects! The announcement for the award of the Niger Bridge to Julius Berger/ AIIM consortium was made on Feb 28 2013 by the then works minister(Check your records); Instead of rushing the flag off, he waited patiently till a significant financial closure was attained on the project.
It's also on record that the flag off came a year later where he pledged to expedite work on the bridge with 10(30 expected total) billion released as at May 2015 per FGs counterpart funding.
As at when Jonathan left office, Preliminary works Phases 1-2 and substructures have being completed!
It smacks of sheer ignorance or Mischief making to claim Jonathan flagged it off merely to take credits while it was done in fulfilment of his campaign promise and visible work was evident on the project site! Be guided!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by azpekuliar: 9:01am On May 15, 2016
bettercreature:
whats wrong with Ibadan-ile ife road? It's one of the best roads in Nigeria, only the 2km from ipetu to ife toll gate need maintenance and that won't cost more than few millions

Which of the lanes are you talking about? IleIfe - Ibadan is in a far better state than Ibadan - IleIfe. Ibadan - IleIfe which is way newer (recall that the IleIfe - Ibadan lane was the old single carriage lane that was upgraded) was built shoddily and is due a major reconstruction.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by brightleave(m): 9:01am On May 15, 2016
Enugu Onitsha road? If completed, then I know that this apc will rule 4 long long time.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Lanre01(m): 9:02am On May 15, 2016
The Zombies r here 2 stay and 2 'CHANGE' our country #ProudlyZombie
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by southpole: 9:02am On May 15, 2016
No road in my area is captured still I am very happy cos one day
I may travel to areas captured and enjoy the roads. Pls Buhari sustain the tempo

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by realjoker(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2016
great664:
[s][/s] As usual? You mentioned North and south but refers to South East of 5% complaining. If that's not hate then what else?

Why not just rate North and South or just break it into the 6 Geo political Zone and rate instead of using cunningness to man silly absorption....

Free yourself from Hate..

By the way no one is complaining about the projects but praying it will be executed instead of awarding same contract next year due to embezzlement.

Once More cure urself from HATE
If I hate on our bloda from the south yeast, the hatred it mutual, so no pain feeling.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by omobaekiti: 9:08am On May 15, 2016
omenka:
Which Oju bridge are they talking about?? I know there's a Loko bridge but "Oju"?? Perhaps not the Oju in Benue state.

Mehn!! SW dey enjoy oo!
why won't SW enjoy when they know how to play their politics... unlike our noisy neighbours,the noise of their chest beating is becoming deafening this days.

5 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by neocortex: 9:08am On May 15, 2016
slimfit1:
What did Jonathan do for 8 years ?
It was actually 16 years.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by machinery1: 9:10am On May 15, 2016
[s]
jlinkd78:
As usual poor analysis from u. The infamous 5% means d SE and from d above only a paltry 5% of d budget goes there. 5.5b for Enugu/Onitsha and 13b for River Niger gives u total 18.5b. (18.5b/350b)×100=5.2%. U can now hide Ur face in shame. Proudly 5%.Truth is nobody down here is bothered with what ever thing u guys want to do with Naija again as we are all in this chain together.
[/s]

Cry cry people, always crying and playing the victim. No one take you noisemakers serious anymore cos you are full of lies and deceit. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by smirn(m): 9:11am On May 15, 2016
Ariani:
Imagine only a meagre sum of 18.5 billion will be spent on roads passing through SE
SW has 53billion to be spent on roads passing through the zone.

This is serious.

When Nnamdi Kanu speak the truth on the things going on in this geographical contraption, some naive Igbos will be too blind to see.

Anioma only got 2billion.
Anioma got N2b, and yes we are happy if the Sapele- Agbor-Ewu road is rehabilitated. I think that is the only major Federal government road that is really not ok in the region. The major federal road that cut across Delta state are the Benin-Warri-Patani road and the Benin-agbor Asaba express which are both very good roads completed by OBJ. When GEJ was in power, no single federal road was repaired in Delta State. The other major road in the state linking Ugheli- kwale-Asaba which is a state road has been under construction for over 8 years without completion due to the handiwork of the then corrupt Uduagan led PDP government in in Delta State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by machinery1: 9:12am On May 15, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

No matter how you try to use innuendo to conceal your ethnic bigotry, your hatred for anything Igbo cannot be masked. What do you gain in all these?

How is saying the truth hatred? Anyone that dare reply you kids, you turn it to hatred. So you ignore the quote she replied and crying hatred. This victim mentality is now stale, people don wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Nobody: 9:13am On May 15, 2016
chudionu58:
Your opinion is just incorrect! Obasanjo just like the East west road, awarded the second Niger bridge without any design or financial plan whatsoever, it was Jonathan that redesigned and reprocured the projects! The announcement for the award of the Niger Bridge to Julius Berger/ AIIM consortium was made on Feb 28 2013 by the then works minister(Check your records); Instead of rushing the flag off, he waited patiently till a significant financial closure was attained on the project.
It's also on record that the flag off came a year later where he pledged to expedite work on the bridge with 10(30 expected total) billion released as at May 2015 per FGs counterpart funding.
As at when Jonathan left office, Preliminary works Phases 1-2 and substructures have being completed!
It smacks of sheer ignorance or Mischief making to claim Jonathan flagged it off merely to take credits while it was done in fulfilment of his campaign promise and visible work was evident on the project site! Be guided!!!

President Obasanjo attributed the delay in the take off of the project to the search for a legal framework for such public-private sector partnership in the development of the nation’s infrastructure, noting that the second Niger Bridge was the second in the series of such Public/Private partnership in road infrastructure undertaken by his government, the first being the one linking Kogi and Nassarawa states... https://www.nairaland.com/55587/second-niger-bridge-awarded-gitto

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=20278
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by papparatzzi2013: 9:15am On May 15, 2016
olatunji21:

Ibadan-Ife no good na...Or has any construction been carried out...I lasted visited ife in 2012..
And the best Road in Nigeria Is Ibadan-Oyo...So smooth..Lovely and beautiful....OBJ gave Us...

It is 80% ok. Except toward the tail end of If, which is about 3mts into Ife. That can be fixed with less than 250m.

By next budget SW should lobby for dualization of Ilesha to Akure, completion of alagbado to Abeokuta dualization and Ibadan Toll Gate to Ojoo should be rehabilitated.

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by smirn(m): 9:17am On May 15, 2016
tbaba1234:
List of projects...
For the wailers, its like they should just kill themselves. Wailers, your agony and pain is just starting you better repent or die of the pain that the gains of this government will bring to this country.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by marxweller247: 9:18am On May 15, 2016
My problem is that ,despite the fact that the SS n SE have got greater share on these projects, Dubious Contractors, and their corrupt govnors, won't let the projects see the light of d day, But I pray PMB will track them

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by papparatzzi2013: 9:18am On May 15, 2016
azpekuliar:

Which of the lanes are you talking about? IleIfe - Ibadan is in a far better state than Ibadan - IleIfe. Ibadan - IleIfe which is way newer (recall that the IleIfe - Ibadan lane was the old single carriage lane that was upgraded) was built shoddily and is due a major reconstruction.

I went to Ife yesterday for a ceremony and I can.authoritatively tell you that 80-85% of Ibadan to Ile Ife is ok.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by tinsel: 9:18am On May 15, 2016
If actually this government can do Enugu-Onitsha express, I reserve my comment. The road is a nightmare. We now go through the old road.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by chudionu58(f): 9:21am On May 15, 2016
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by VISTIN(m): 9:21am On May 15, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing

From CELE bus stop to Oshodi N5b.

This road is less than 2km. That's another corruption.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by tbaba1234: 9:22am On May 15, 2016
chudionu58:
Page not found!

Page works fine for me..
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by fineyemi(m): 9:23am On May 15, 2016
MrAJQ:
Ajase-offa-osogbo nko To hell with Saraki and Rafiu
U ar darm right
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Nobody: 9:23am On May 15, 2016
chudionu58:
Page not found!
Noted. Modified. Thanks

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by tbaba1234: 9:24am On May 15, 2016
VISTIN:

The Apapa -Oshodi expressway does not start at cele...
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by fineyemi(m): 9:25am On May 15, 2016
VISTIN:

it worth it the amount sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Watch Keenly As Buhari Delivers His Speech At UN General Assembly / Edo Election Results: Obaseki Leads In 5 LGAs / Obaseki & Wife Visit Their Family Home In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.