Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown (43260 Views)

Buhari Approves Six New Railway Line Projects (see Their Names) / Omokri Reacts To The Distribution Of Capital Projects In The 2016 Budget / We Don't Have Money To Release, For Capital Projects: FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by fineyemi(m): 9:25am On May 15, 2016
VISTIN:

From CELE bus stop to Oshodi N5b.

This road is less than 2km. That's another corruption.
it worth the amount sir
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by asha80(m): 9:25am On May 15, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

the same bridge that has been awarded with Juluis berger contractors on site.. Buhari should keep deceiving his zombies. We know who awarded 2nd Niger bridge, We know who moved contractors there..
I don't think the issue is awarding but completing..enugu Onitsha rd was even awarded before Jonathan so if the rd is completed now who will u hail?

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by asha80(m): 9:26am On May 15, 2016
fineyemi:
it worth the amount sir
2.5bn pet km is ok by u?
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by VISTIN(m): 9:28am On May 15, 2016
From CELE bus stop to Oshodi N5b.

This road is less than 2km. That's another corruption.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by AtlanticBreeze: 9:28am On May 15, 2016
asha80:
I don't think the issue is awarding but completing..enugu Onitsha rd was even awarded before Jonathan so if the rd is completed now who will u hail?
enugu/onitsha road was awarded but where contractors ever mobilized on site? I should you a project that was awarded with contractors fully mobilized on site. All Buhari needs to do is to maintain Nigeria Govt's part of the deal which is now becoming a big deal to people like you
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by banme1(m): 9:29am On May 15, 2016
sparrowkid:

This reminds me of a song which we normally sang when we were much younger:

"Gbogbo egbe e wo leesi, iwo sa ma ja kiri" (literally, all your mates are putting on lace, while you keep fighting about).

In essence, imagine having Oshodi - Apapa fixed, Lagos - Ibadan fixed, Sagamu - Benin fixed, and Ibadan - Ilorin fixed. We know in the next budget God's willing, we are going to have Ibadan - Ife, Ife - Akure, Akure - Owo - Akungba - Ibilo all fixed. Let them continue to call us slaves while we are having our infrastructure fixed. All I know is that we in the South West are going to have a strict immigration policy when the inevitable happens. "Ki eku ile gbo, ko ya so fun t'oko".
start to export cocoa. Cos when the inevitable happens. States like osun ekiti even oyo will weep blood.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by asha80(m): 9:30am On May 15, 2016
tbaba1234:

Page works fine for me..
you seem to be in tune with this govt..why is Abuja lokoja expressway not listed here? I mean it has always been in the budget when it was going back and forth btw executive and legislature bearing in mind that the road is the gateway from Abuja to southern Nigeria?
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by tbaba1234: 9:31am On May 15, 2016
asha80:
2.5bn pet km is ok by u?

The Apapa-Oshodi expressway does not start at Cele... It is one of the worst roads in Lagos, especially the Apapa end... it is over 18km.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Generalyemi(m): 9:32am On May 15, 2016
sparrowkid:

I've already overgrown my dear. What you need to do is to pray to reach my age. If I leave this world now, I'll be celebrated not mourned. It's because of your future that some of us are still here so that you would at least use your brain for something good for once.

wait wait,at this age u reason like this.. God
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by tbaba1234: 9:34am On May 15, 2016
asha80:
you seem to be in tune with this govt..why is Abuja lokoja expressway not listed here? I mean it has always been in the budget when it was going back and forth btw executive and legislature bearing in mind that the road is the gateway from Abuja to southern Nigeria?

First of all, i do not think this is a complete list... Perhaps, we can get more information when all the budget becomes publicly available.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Hengineer: 9:34am On May 15, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

the same bridge that has been awarded with Juluis berger contractors on site.. Buhari should keep deceiving his zombies. We know who awarded 2nd Niger bridge, We know who moved contractors there..
Govt is supposed to be a continuum, but according to Nigerian culture, the initiator of a project usually usurps the glory even if he only contributed 10% of the required funds for the job. But the above mentality is quite retrogressive and unfortunate, and it forces new leaders to abandon old projects to initiate their own for which they would take the glory.

For once, if we as Nigerians are to be sensible in ascribing glory, as much as the initiator of a project can be given some praise, the bulk of the praise should go to the person who completed the largest chunk of the project.

Now whether you like it or not, jonathan may take the praise for initiating the 2nd niger bridge project, but the fact remains that his govt contributed only N10bn to the construction of a N130bn bridge; if peradventure, the bridge is completed by this administration (which was sensible enough not to abandon it), then we all know who really deserves the glory.

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by evy1(m): 9:35am On May 15, 2016
Generalyemi:

wait wait,at this age u reason like this.. God
Na so i see am o,at him age him dey reason like a crawling baby.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by chudionu58(f): 9:36am On May 15, 2016
Please for clarity, Hasan Lawal. the then Minister of works awarded the Onitcha to Enugu expressway to Two contractors without conducting adequate soil tests on that road, the road later failed which made Jonathan to restart a fresh re design and procurement in 2011, in July 2014 a certificate of no objection was obtained from the BPP and by December same year it got the FEC approval...and was flagged off in March 2015 by Arc.Mike
http://nannewsnigeria.com/node/38999

So, Jonathan must be commended and not condemned as per the Enugu to Amansea express!!!! Or if not we'll wait and see if there would be another contractor and/ or another contract for the project! Be guided.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by asha80(m): 9:38am On May 15, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

enugu/onitsha road was awarded but where contractors ever mobilized on site? I should you a project that was awarded with contractors fully mobilized on site. All Buhari needs to do is to maintain Nigeria Govt's part of the deal which is now becoming a big deal to people like you
since Enugu Onitsha was awarded before gej don't you think gej should have at least maintained govt part of the deal during his 5 yrs in power and have the rd reconstructed to save the old rd that feeling the pressure of all those heavy duty vehicles passing through it now?

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Ariani: 9:40am On May 15, 2016
smirn:

Anioma got N2b, and yes we are happy if the Sapele- Agbor-Ewu road is rehabilitated. I think that is the only major Federal government road that is really not ok in the region. The major federal road that cut across Delta state are the Benin-Warri-Patani road and the Benin-agbor Asaba express which are both very good roads completed by OBJ. When GEJ was in power, no single federal road was repaired in Delta State. The other major road in the state linking Ugheli- kwale-Asaba which is a state road has been under construction for over 8 years without completion due to the handiwork of the then corrupt Uduagan led PDP government in in Delta State.

Are you from Anioma?
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Esperooke(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2016
Good development..... But, what about Kabba-Effo-Isanlu-Egbe - Ilorin road, the road need a State of emergency
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by yinkslinks(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2016
Why not lokoja-okene-akungba? please i am a businessman and i need that road repaired. op can you add that?

2 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Esperooke(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2016
Good development..... But, what about Kabba-Effo-Isanlu-Egbe - Ilorin road, the road need a State of emergency. Its damn bad.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by asha80(m): 9:41am On May 15, 2016
chudionu58:
Please for clarity, Hasan Lawal. the then Minister of works awarded the Onitcha to Enugu expressway to Two contractors without conducting adequate soil tests on that road, the road later failed which made Jonathan to restart a fresh re design and procurement in 2011, in July 2014 a certificate of no objection was obtained from the BPP and by December same year it got the FEC approval...and was flagged off in March 2015 by Arc.Mike
http://nannewsnigeria.com/node/38999

So, Jonathan must be commended and not condemned as per the Enugu to Amansea express!!!! Or if not we'll wait and see if there would be another contractor and/ or another contract for the project! Be guided.
yep a 3 yr gap to redesign the road..gej was be commended indeed..only if you know the damage going on on the old road because of the lethargic approach of gej

4 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by chudionu58(f): 9:41am On May 15, 2016
asha80:
The subsisting contract for that road was awarded by Dr. Jonathan in December 2014 to RCC at 24.2 billion naira!
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:42am On May 15, 2016
Ariani:
Imagine only a meagre sum of 18.5 billion will be spent on roads passing through SE
SW has 53billion to be spent on roads passing through the zone.

This is serious.

When Nnamdi Kanu speak the truth on the things going on in this geographical contraption, some naive Igbos will be too blind to see.

Anioma only got 2billion.
It seem you've forgotten you belong to the bleeping 5%. I thought you are proud of it. Enjoy your status!
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by asha80(m): 9:44am On May 15, 2016
tbaba1234:

First of all, i do not think this is a complete list... Perhaps, we can get more information when all the budget becomes publicly available.
I think they should do that to stop all these unnecessary speculations because I know Osinbajo earlier mentioned 31 road and bridge projects were captured in this budget but only seeing 14 being bandied around since the official signing by the president

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Preciousnelly19: 9:44am On May 15, 2016
I hope this is true....the Niger bridge and Enugu-Onitsha express needs urgent attention. The accidents happening there due to the bad road is excess
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by igwegeorgiano(m): 9:46am On May 15, 2016
nice one mr president. i believe there is light at d end of d tunnel.

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by AtlanticBreeze: 9:46am On May 15, 2016
Hengineer:
Govt is supposed to be a continuum, but according to Nigerian culture, the initiator of a project usually usurps the glory even if he only contributed 10% of the required funds for the job. But the above mentality is quite retrogressive and unfortunate, and it forces new leaders to abandon old projects to initiate their own for which they would take the glory.

For once, if we as Nigerians are to be sensible in ascribing glory, as much as the initiator of a project can be given some praise, the bulk of the praise should go to the person who completed the largest chunk of the project.

Now whether you like it or not, jonathan may take the praise for initiating the 2nd niger bridge project, but the fact remains that his govt contributed only N10bn to the construction of a N130bn bridge; if peradventure, the bridge is completed by this administration (which was sensible enough not to abandon it), then we all know who really deserves the glory.
I like to give glory to the person that completes the project not the initiator. If a government cannot initiate and complete a project in 8 years then that government is incompetent, But in this case, the project which is a PPP project by the way was already awarded with the contractors mobilized on site. What is just needed of the government was to perform their own part of the contractual agreement which is now looking like a big deal
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by chudionu58(f): 9:47am On May 15, 2016
asha80:
Most likely, this report doesn't include all the roads. Just like EN/PH express is not here and I can remember Ekweremadu crying that the road(initially allocated 7-8 billion) and others in other regions were underfunded while the Lag to Ib was allocated 55 billion. So, that road can't be removed entirely! Not possible!!
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by great664(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2016
realjoker:
If I hate on our bloda from the south yeast, the hatred it mutual, so no pain feeling.
Lol, hate who? I dey Yoruba land and benefiting from a Yoruba man too, by the way I am from Delta, I am just correcting you hated self and to cure urself from it...Trust me it will do you more good than harm
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by fineyemi(m): 9:49am On May 15, 2016
asha80:
2.5bn pet km is ok by u?
Cele to Oshodi to and fro. Its very Ok.
Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by Hengineer: 9:50am On May 15, 2016
chudionu58:
Your opinion is just incorrect! Obasanjo just like the East west road, awarded the second Niger bridge without any design or financial plan whatsoever, it was Jonathan that redesigned and reprocured the projects! The announcement for the award of the Niger Bridge to Julius Berger/ AIIM consortium was made on Feb 28 2013 by the then works minister(Check your records); Instead of rushing the flag off, he waited patiently till a significant financial closure was attained on the project.
It's also on record that the flag off came a year later where he pledged to expedite work on the bridge with 10(30 expected total) billion released as at May 2015 per FGs counterpart funding.
As at when Jonathan left office, Preliminary works Phases 1-2 and substructures have being completed!
It smacks of sheer ignorance or Mischief making to claim Jonathan flagged it off merely to take credits while it was done in fulfilment of his campaign promise and visible work was evident on the project site! Be guided!!!
Dualisation of the east west road started and progressed sufficiently before obj left power. Under yaradua, the project was also progressed further even before gej came in.

As for the argument of the 2niger bridge, no doubts that gej started it, praise be to him for that, but it would be criminal not to also give praise to the person who 'may' complete it and who has already provided more of the needed counterpart funding for the project.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown by asha80(m): 9:50am On May 15, 2016
tbaba1234:

The Apapa-Oshodi expressway does not start at Cele... It is one of the worst roads in Lagos, especially the Apapa end... it is over 18km.

ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Vs Awara: "We Will Conduct Supplimentary Election In Rivers State" - INEC / Edo Election: Obazee Steps Down, Endorses Pastor Ize-Iyamu / #PMBInLagos: Guard Of Honour For President Buhari In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.