Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa (41786 Views)

Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by bauer00: 9:30am On Mar 11, 2017
deebrain:
Not news.

I remember very vividly his explanation of himself and the late Bishop's episode when he came to our university sometime in 2002.

He did not really do it because Idahosa was the "Idahosa", he did it because he was a cleric!!! He would have done same for anyone.

It changed my thinking. And it's interesting to note Muslims honor to any type of cleric, irrespective of their faith.

Christians, I beg to differ.

Shame.

For so long,have been looking for someone to corroborate this story..thank you
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by GoodMuyis(m): 9:35am On Mar 11, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
So you're telling me that dangote became rich just because he stood up for another man on a plane and the said man prophesied, and not more about his hardwork, resilience and careful planning (don't forget the government has always favoured him with policies)

Pls remind me the plane stories of Bill Gates, Buffet n co again..
Africa and God shaa..

Can you show us what your own hardwork has earned you?
Are your own parent richer than Dangote? Why
OR you wanted to tell me that those Danfo driver in Lagos were not hardworking?

Open your intellect and ponder on this
Dangote had started business years before Bill gate, yet the later is richer than the former.

Beyond what we all see, there is a force or power that is driving wealth

2 Likes

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by lloydmuna2(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2017
Ok,,,,
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by teebaxy(m): 10:25am On Mar 11, 2017
advocatebaba:
Humility and hardworking pays alot, dnt despise ur days of little beginning coz watever u do determines ur end up... dangote has engraved his name in the great book of history nd his fame written on d wall of every household, he is indeed a rare human in a million... lets define our path clearly only then wil success wil b allowed... stay safe nd enjoy ur weekend.
advocate baba
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by amazingspiderma: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
So you're telling me that dangote became rich just because he stood up for another man on a plane and the said man prophesied, and not more about his hardwork, resilience and careful planning (don't forget the government has always favoured him with policies)

Africa and God shaa..

The thing tire me.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by amazingspiderma: 10:58am On Mar 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Can you show us what your own hardwork has earned you?
Are your own parent richer than Dangote? Why
OR you wanted to tell me that those Danfo driver in Lagos were not hardworking?

Open your intellect and ponder on this
Dangote had started business years before Bill gate, yet the later is richer than the former.

Beyond what we all see, there is a force or power that is driving wealth

Dangote deals with commodities,gates in technology which is a fast growing sector. What about goggle, apple, Facebook, whatsapp, yahoo,MTN, tesla to mention but a few. These companies are younger than Dangote.
Leave God out of this, it's not divine, it is just logic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Kingbusssy(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2017
DaudaAbu:
nice

So he is the only one Idahosa has ever prayed for or blessed abi?
I wonder o
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
The way we Nigerians connect things...

We would never win a Nobel in Sciences

So the prediction of Idahosa made someone who was already a billionaire in Naira a billionaire in Dollars?

Don't mind those people. Th first time I heArd the name DAngote was in 1996 when he donated huge money to Olympics winning soccer team. He was already NAirA billionaire then.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by hotdealz(m): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
"Everyone in the plane was a Christian"
How did they come to this conclusion?

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by LoveJesus87(m): 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
LastSurvivor11:

Africa and God shaa..
Your foolishness is extremely embarrassing. So to become rich is by hard work, resilience and careful planning abi? God is not in your equation. Ok. I can see you are a rich man
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by igbalodehunter(m): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
emmykk:
who narrated this story? is it Dr Benson Idahosa or Alh.Aliko Dangote?i need source to this article. otherwise it will become the
99-1 india vs Nigeria tales.

Dangote in 1977 got N500K loan from his uncle at a time when the money can buy New 100 mercedes and imported rice.-youtube.com said by Aliko Dangote.

i believe God blessings is great and a prophet reward,but i need source of this aeroplane narratives

As at That Time It Was Even Said That The Most Expensive Car Then Cost 5K Now Imagine Someone Getting a Loan Of 500K.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
Ramaa:
You can never separate wealth and crime.....is like 5 and 6

Really?

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by igbalodehunter(m): 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
And Some People Out There would say Dangote Started From Tthe Scratch
Shior
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by paradigmshift(m): 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
he's not the Richest man in Nigeria.. who no go no know
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by emmykk(m): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
igbalodehunter:

As at That Time It Was Even Said That The Most Expensive Car Then Cost 5K Now Imagine Someone Getting a Loan Of 500K.
in today money dangote was with around a N1B or some Millions of Naira.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by igbalodehunter(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
emmykk:
in today money dangote was with around a N1B or some Millions of Naira.

Shits
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by sirlop(m): 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
dollarsplenty:
oh oh!
Nigerians and religious mentality. So It was Bishop Idahosa that prophesied his riches in 1990s, Abi? continue! Maybe you were very young then or not born. In the 90's, Dangote was already a billionaire (in real sense).

Dangote made his money from our commonwealth (just like other Nigerian billionaires and obviously, I dont have any problem with that, they are reflections and indictments of all "the wrong things with NIGERIA" ).

Although his maternal grandfather (Alh. Hassan Dantata) was once the richest man in west Africa, it was his uncle ( i think Sanusi Dantata) loaned him money N500,000, which was equivalent to $500,000 at the time. Imagine someone borrowing you $500,000 (N200 million) today without collateral and no terms of repayment. With this amount Dangote came to Lagos in 1977 and lobbied with military guys to obtain cement licence and waivers to import cement for FESTAC and other monumental construction works going on at the time. Mind you, he was also "fronting" for many military guys from his home town, Kano and he still does that for many corrupt people till today. The things you can learn from him are his humility, trustworthiness and transparency. So, please stop insulting our intelligence with this your Idahosa prophecy.

Let me just add this summary of wikileak file from American Embassy in Nigeria for you

Another leaked US Embassy cable on Nigeria has revealed that Nigeria's billionaire businessman, Aliko Dangote was seen by the American consulate as a beneficiary of unfair governmental advantage.The cable below gives details of how the notion was arrived at as well as its long run effects. The cable dated 7th March 2007 was released a few days ago.
STATE FOR EXIM, OPIC, USTR
E.O. 12958: DECL: 03/07/2015

SUBJECT: ALIKO DANGOTE AND WHY YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT HIM
Classified By: Consul General Brian Browne for reasons 1.4 (b) and (d).

¶1. (C) Summary. Alhaji Aliko Dangote (Dangote) is Nigeria's most well known businessperson and may be its wealthiest citizen. He has taken on the aura of an economic folk hero for some, villain for others. To supporters, he symbolizes that Nigeria can do more than barter and trade. It can succeed in manufacturing. To detractors, he is a predator using connections in a corrupt political economy to tilt the playing field in his favor and sideline potential competition. The truth resides somewhere between these caricatures. Dangote is counted among President Obasanjo's inner circle of business advisors. It is no coincidence that many products on Nigeria's import ban lists are items in which Dangote has major interests.

¶2. (C) Summary Cont'd: Although an undiluted success in terms of wealth accumulation, Dangote personifies the duality in Nigeria's economy. This duality presents a dilemma for US economic policy. On one hand, Dangote imports significant amounts of US produce and equipment for his manufacturing ventures. On the other, he has had success blocking trade and investment that might compete with his enterprises. Weighing everything in the balance, we believe the Dangote model is harmful to Nigerian and American interests in the long run. Unfortunately, the Dangote model will likely be the one most emulated until its beggar-thy-countrymen contradictions become more apparent. End summary.

In Nigeria, any lazy man can become Dangote and any lazy woman can become Alakija. Just get connection. Hardwork is secondary.
Exactly...
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by sirlop(m): 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
hotdealz:
"Everyone in the plane was a Christian"
How did they come to this conclusion?
Don't mind him
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Gerrard59(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
amazingspiderma:

Dangote deals with commodities,gates in technology which is a fast growing sector. What about goggle, apple, Facebook, whatsapp, yahoo,MTN, tesla to mention but a few. These companies are younger than Dangote.

Which is why I advocate for logical reasoning to be included in our secondary school curriculum. The way Nigeria link religion to success, one will think the country will be Africa's most developed/richest.

2 Likes

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by GoodMuyis(m): 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
amazingspiderma:

Since it is Logic, Show us your own Work by your logic, If you don't have any available, use login to get money then come and show it here.

Let's see the evidence of your logic
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by GoodMuyis(m): 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
Gerrard59:

Which is why I advocate for logical reasoning to be included in our secondary school curriculum. The way Nigeria link religion to success, one will think the country will be Africa's most developed/richest.

For you to think That The way Nigeria link religion...
You are still yet to get exposure, go Asia, Americas see how religious they are and stop relying o. what you watch I. films.
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Guru9ja:
Your words are so captivating. You really touched with me with those inspirational statement. Thank You so much for this. Have a blissful day ahead.

You must have a very low IQ if you believe in this Idahosa bullshyte. grin

This is nothing but another thinly-veiled attempt by the Christians to subjugate & brainwash their gullible sheeples into parting with their tithe. grin

Did Indahosa also prophesy into the lives of the following?

1.) Carlo Slim
2.) Bill Gates
3.) Larry Ellison
4.) Michael Dell
5.) Amancio Ortega
6.) Dietrich Mateschitz
7.) Jim Walton
9.) Jeff Hildebrand
10.) God Nisanov
11.) Vagit Alekperov
12.) Takemitsu Takizaki
13.) Gina Rinehart ?

3 Likes

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Gerrard59(m): 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

For you to think That The way Nigeria link religion...
You are still yet to get exposure, go Asia, Americas see how religious they are and stop relying o. what you watch I. films.

Yet they are more developed than Africa. Then something must be wrong with our version of religion or how we practise it. On the other hand, and doubt, Asians are quite religious (Singapore is world's most religious diverse place), yet they are very rational and follow logic not the manna-from-heaven-waiting approach we've here.

1 Like

Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Ramaa(m): 2:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
DavidLoves:

Really?
Yes its for really........
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by akigbemaru: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Dangote
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by NeuroBoss(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Please, stop propagating these lies. Time and chance only happened to Mr Aliko Dangote!
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Guru9ja(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
Zoharariel:

You must have a very low IQ if you believe in this Idahosa bullshyte. grin

This is nothing but another thinly-veiled attempt by the Christians to subjugate & brainwash their gullible sheeples into parting with their tithe. grin

Did Indahosa also prophesy into the lives of the following?

1.) Carlo Slim
2.) Bill Gates
3.) Larry Ellison
4.) Michael Dell
5.) Amancio Ortega
6.) Dietrich Mateschitz
7.) Jim Walton
9.) Jeff Hildebrand
10.) God Nisanov
11.) Vagit Alekperov
12.) Takemitsu Takizaki
13.) Gina Rinehart ?
Some people don't just think b4 mentioning people. Do u tink I care about how he got rich. You must have a low IQ for u to be believed idahosa prophesying into dangote's life made him rich
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Jerryolumide(m): 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
emmayayodeji:
Good

Some idiots were now arguing with me that kanye west is richer than dangote

Shior
But do you believe that even in Nigeria, there are a lot of people richer than Dangote??
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Jerryolumide(m): 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
chidesco2:
wanna buy tbc? call 08one652four8227. clean and at 30k per coin
Bitcoin abi wetin??
Re: How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Agondagabi: 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
ymmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Constant Winning Bet Using "Duoble Chance" Market. / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Man Who Returned Lost N500k & Was Given N2k Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.