Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,148 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk (41002 Views)

UK Dailymail Used Amara Ajuzie's Photo As One Of Those Missing In Nice Attack / Nigeria's Growing Fulani Conflict Stokes Biafran Cause, Dailymail.uk / £250million Given To Buhari By Britain - Dailymail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by ogmask: 7:35am On May 16, 2016
Kennydoc:

EFCC is funded by the government to prosecute cases of financial crimes. That is their sole responsibility. They should do it. The state government doesn't want to get entangled in the case cos if they don't have the backing of the FG, then the case is as good as dead. We know how these things work in Nigeria: threatening of the judges handling the case, blackmailing of the same, frustrating the entire judicial process with federal might etc.
Moreover, the guy (Amaechi) can even fail to honour the court summon knowing that he's the president's right hand man, and nobody can do much about it.

If the federal government is sincere about their fight against corruption, they should ask EFCC to invite him. That is the most effective route.

I do not think Amaechi will mess with the courts when he knows that the pdp still controls the court to some extent. Let's narrowly it down to rivers state so you understand what I mean. Most of the prominent sons and daughters of rivers extraction in judicial matters in Nigeria today are of the pdp. We have Mary odili, OCJ Okocha, Oke Wali, Mrs wike, Mrs okpara, omeriji, daisy okocha and many others. You saw how it played out against Amaechi/dakuku and wike. You also saw it play out against Amaechi/local govt chairmen and wike. Tell me of one case apart from tribunal cases that has favoured Amaechi.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by greatman247(m): 8:15am On May 16, 2016
successmatters:
Whenever it's an APC crime, the EFCC is lame and unconcerned.

No one is saying whether or not Ameachi is a thief or a saint. For Christ sake, anyone who thinks he has something fishy against him should report him with evidence and see if Buhari will not take him up. As far as am concerned all these are mere speculation. But in the case of PDP members in EFCC custody, EFCC have evidence against them and the PDP members confessed to the crime, they accepted they actually received the alleged money, cos BVN helped traced the money so they have no reason to lie. Let's drop all these party affiliation biased love and face reality. Anyone who is corrupt with evidence should be probe. I don't care whether APC or PDP. So long there's evidence against you, you must pay for your crime. I am tired of newspapers calling people thieves without adequate evidence to nail the corrupt elements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by stonemasonn: 8:24am On May 16, 2016
amInigerian:

Do you know how much you anger Rivers citizens whose resources he plundered when u just sit down there and say what you imagine? Rivers citizens were in RS through out the 8 years and experienced things happen. What right do outsiders have to say he did not steal our state's money when we provide the evidence?
brother I don't know any state governor that was or is a saint in the current political dispensation. Wike will also eat his own and go, everything in Nigeria is about perception, if Ameachi and GEJ never had any issues believe me you'll be singing Ameachi's praises calling him the best governor like Akpabio of Akwa Ibom.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Alwaystruth: 9:17am On May 16, 2016
You are the worst Zombie i have seen in this forum, so it is only states governors that should prosecute state thieves?.
Have you had about the invitation of Achike Udenwa by efcc because of his activities while in office as governor?. While not wait until Rocha probes him?. Zombism is the worst form of human disease in Nigeria now.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by compujyde: 9:25am On May 16, 2016
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by sam90s(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2016
compujyde:

That is where you get in wrong. I and other like-minded Nigerians can afford to take on Cameron using social media and other influential means but Buhari can't afford to do that because he happens to be the president for now except he plans to be another Mugabe.

So much diplomacy is just required from him because while he supposedly win a cheap argument/insult, he can loose so much viable things on behalf of Nigeria.

They (West) have not even started hitting on him. International Diplomacy goes far beyond a staged handshake/smiles intended for the press.

BTW, did you use same word (loquacious) to describe your president when he said a similar thing about his citizens on a foreign soil?

"They (West) have not even started hitting on him......"
Just because the bruises aren't evident doesn't mean the blows haven't landed yet, and make no mistake, the political elites has less at stake compared to you and I, all it takes is for foreign interests to appeal to thier ego and pocket, and they can pick up where they left, it h happened before, it can happen again and as for for insults from Cameron, Buhari's is the loudest voice and the perfect on to pass on the message.
Here's what you're communicating if he decide that he keeps quiet; 'I'm desperate, I'm in awe, you and every other moppet out there is welcome to throw insults at me, did it occur to you that he didn't address the matter? And that the press didn't press him for comment like they did with Buhari? And social media(mostly UK) comment was in his support?
Regarding Mugabe, I didn't get your point really? Do you mean his policies are good but he was victimised based on his lack of finesse? Or they are bad and he was rightly clobbered by western govt?
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by amInigerian: 12:02pm On May 16, 2016
stonemasonn:
brother I don't know any state governor that was or is a saint in the current political dispensation. Wike will also eat his own and go, everything in Nigeria is about perception, if Ameachi and GEJ never had any issues believe me you'll be singing Ameachi's praises calling him the best governor like Akpabio of Akwa Ibom.
[size=13pt]What you say is an insult to people like me and I think this is because you probably look at people as being the way you are. Plus you reveal to us the kind of minds you have been associated with so far - praise singers for low life politician thieves.[/size]
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by v4victor: 8:19pm On May 21, 2016
inicyril:
In zombies voice, 'that was his old life, he is now a saint'.

the 'book of deceit' 20 vs 15: all ye that decampeth to APC are a new creature and av been washed off ur sins in politics through dullard our lord and personal Savior.

hahahaha
O'boy u no well oo
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 06, 2019
He is in APC all his sins are forgiven.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 06, 2019
inicyril:
In zombies voice, 'that was his old life, he is now a saint'.

the 'book of deceit' 20 vs 15: all ye that decampeth to APC are a new creature and av been washed off ur sins in politics through dullard our lord and personal Savior.

Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 06, 2019
successmatters:

Are you just coming back? Has wike not submitted his report after investigation. The efcc just decided to ignore the governor because he is from pdp.
Rivers state needs the money back.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 08, 2019
Alwaystruth:
You are the worst Zombie i have seen in this forum, so it is only states governors that should prosecute state thieves?.
Have you had about the invitation of Achike Udenwa by efcc because of his activities while in office as governor?. While not wait until Rocha probes him?. Zombism is the worst form of human disease in Nigeria now.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Nobody: 2:43am On Dec 08, 2019
wokomabest:
did you not hear. when Amaechi was invited to come and answer to these allegations he refuse because he has a god father upstairs.am a rivers indigene I don't play party politics; mine is let the truth be told.rivers government setup a commision to look into the issues of selling rivers properties and some misappropriated funds which he transacted with first bank and skye bank respectively. headed by a justice of river state high court and other prominent sons and daughters of the state.he said he is not coming that the commision is not qualify to try his case that they are bias.suddenly he was above the law.did your Buhari ask him to go and answer his state? The answer is capital NO.let us try and get some facts before making write ups on some sensitve issues like this.thank you
EFCC have refused and are shielding him.
Re: Amaechi Accused Of Stealing £500million - Dailymail Uk by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 08, 2019
Aringarosa:
Until Buhari starts probing those around him, of which some are his ministers and advisers, nobody is going to take him serious.
Buhari only has a problem with corruption of his opponents . This is the same man that said Abacha never stole.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arisekola Alao Wife Dies In Car Crash / AllEyesOnTheJudiciary Rally: Security Operatives Disrupt FCT Rally / Throwback Photo: Governor Amaechi When He Was A Nobody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.