Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" (1322 Views)

Biafra: Osinbajo Should Meet Nnamdi Kanu, Agitators Not Political Elites – Peter / Sheikh Jafar's Assassination Files By Ibrahim Shekarau Found In Goje's House / My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by modath(f): 5:30pm On May 15, 2016
A former Kano State governor who was accused of helping to distribute N950 million in the #Dasukigate scandal has said he is not being politically victimised.

Mr. Shekarau, a founding member of Nigeria’s ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, decamped to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, few months to the 2015 elections.

He was recently arrested by the anti-graft agency, EFCC, amid allegations that he helped distribute N950 million to top Kano and other northern politicians in the build-up to the elections.

The money is believed to be part of the $2.1 billion arms fund allegedly mismanaged by the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki. Mr. Dasuki and some other officials of the previous administration are already being prosecuted for their roles in the scam popularly referred as #Dasukigate.

On Sunday, Mr. Shekarau, who also served as Education Minster under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, said his arrest and detention by the EFCC has no political undertone.

While addressing journalists at a news conference in Kano, he said “what happened to me could happen to anybody and it was only godly for me to accept my fate, good or bad.”

He, however, insisted that he was ready to spend the next 10 years in the Commission’s custody to prove his innocence.

“I am not suspecting any political undertone in my arrest but rather regard it as an act of God to test my faith.

“I was told that one of the beneficiaries of the N950 million in question implicated me; that I was given N25 million as my share of the money but could not state where, how and when.”

Mr. Shekarau, who thanked his supporters, said he was not suspecting anybody behind his ordeal.

The former minister was arrested by EFCC on Thursday in his house at Mundubawa, Kano metropolis.

He was alleged to have collected N25 million as his own share of the money and consequently quizzed by the Commission.

At Sunday’s conference, Mr. Shekarau did not explain his exact role in the distribution of the funds.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/203442-accused-distributing-n950-million-dasukigate-shekarau-rules-political-victimisation.html
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by modath(f): 5:31pm On May 15, 2016
Shekarau whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .. cheesy

Don't you know how sweet "persecution" sounds to some people, How much playing the victim will win you more loyal Robots!! Haba!!

Do you know how many hearts you've broken?

How many people have placed you on a pedestal, as their greatest hope against Buhari's 2nd term?

You broke some hearts mehn!! grin grin grin

Imagine the disloyal man, After Deji Adeyanju tweeted picture of people observing their prayers jeje as your supporters praying against Bubu... Na wah oooohh tongue

Tuale4u, Malton, seunmsg, folykaze, EazyMoh, Omenka, 98990, Dropshot, Fulanimafia , Aresa, Fizznation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by kennydee05(m): 5:34pm On May 15, 2016
Even though today is sabbath day, kindly permit me to express myself: PDP members and Wailers God will furnish you all.

2 Likes

Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by rottennaija(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2016
At least he owns up and is now set to clear his name.
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by Mynd44: 5:41pm On May 15, 2016
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by EazyMoh(m): 5:52pm On May 15, 2016
Oga Mynd don close am?
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by DaBullIT(m): 6:10pm On May 15, 2016
If Yeebos can one day read a speech like this and say something like this

or

Just for them to agree that their former leaders were corrupt

Nigeria would be a better place

instead they protest, kill eachother , blame it on Buhari , kill some more

1 Like

Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by obongtunji: 6:11pm On May 15, 2016
For the first time an opposition is coming out to say the truth. I respect you sir, unlike Metuh after eating yam and he is being investigated he is crying witch-hunting. Who doesn't know that pdp shared yam in this country? Shekarau, never mind you will be given soft landing.
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by omenka(m): 6:17pm On May 15, 2016
kennydee05:
Even though today is sabbath day, kindly permit me to express myself: PDP members and Wailers God will furnish you all.
cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by fulanimafia: 6:20pm On May 15, 2016
modath:

Shekarau whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .. cheesy

Don't you know how sweet "persecution" sounds to some people, How much playing the victim will win you more loyal Robots!! Haba!!

Do you know how many hearts you've broken?

How many people have placed you on a pedestal, as their greatest hope against Buhari's 2nd term?

You broke some hearts mehn!! grin grin grin

Imagine the disloyal man, After Deji Adeyanju tweeted picture of people observing their prayers jeje as your supporters praying against Bubu... Na wah oooohh tongue

What a saddening note to start the week on for the Wailing Zombies and self-victimizing Ekpas...

Even Mallam Shekarau knows better than to stand against Prez. Buhari's anti-corruption drive, unlike their corrupt and unrepentant elders that would rather whip up every brand of silly and petty ethno-religious and political sentiments in a vain attempt to muddy up the case against them.

Despite the fact that he is in the opposition, I must commend Shekarau for this statesmanlike statement and conduct which should be emulated by the rest of his corrupt party members, and wish him success in his defence if he was truly unduly implicated. If he is guilty however, he must face the music.

2 Likes

Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by fulanimafia: 6:25pm On May 15, 2016
DaBullIT:
If Yeebos can one day read a speech like this and say something like this

or

Just for them to agree that their former leaders were corrupt

That's the day this guy will succeed...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-T1TH9Gstu8A/U_udEUUFDpI/AAAAAAAABiA/hkUES-KPaXs/s1600/camelneedle.png[/img]

1 Like

Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by Businessideas: 6:32pm On May 15, 2016
The morale of his explanation is that money was shared but "there's no proof " of him collecting the share.
He never claimed any innocence.EFFC should quickly arraign him before he starts singing another tune.
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by deji68: 6:58pm On May 15, 2016
The heading and the main story....... miles apart
Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" he didnt say that abi ? mynd44

1 Like

Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by malton: 7:09pm On May 15, 2016
krendo:
Before Nigerians realise where they are this country will turn into full blown dictatorship. Brick by brick Buhari is destroying Nigeria

Talk about creative destruction.

At least the destruction is yielding superior desirable results for most.

Beats me why you people do your utmost to rationalize corruption.

@topic, as far as the fight against corruption, referring to PMB as a general should be criminalised, he's attained the rank of a Field Marshall already!
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 15, 2016
I commend Shekarua for saying he will fight his innocence without alleging politics but the fact remains that every northerner who could run under PDP is suddenly a guest of EFCC

Before Nigerians realise where they are this country will turn into full blown dictatorship. Brick by brick Buhari is destroying Nigeria
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by 989900: 9:04pm On May 15, 2016
I think he is set to return some monies and walk . . . omo 'lo 'mo. cheesy wink
Re: Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" by seunmsg(m): 5:55am On May 16, 2016
I think the presidents policy of always answering all questions honestly is gradually going around. I wish wailers and Igbos can take a cue from the honest disposition of Shekarau and start saying things exactly the way they are.

(1) (Reply)

VP Osibanjo Present As Presbyterian Church Honors Gov. Ikpeazu, / Look @ The House The Govt Of El Rufai Of Kaduna State Wants To Demo / Breaking News: Nigeria Military Patroling In Lagos With Armoured Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.