Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? (8863 Views)

Lady Who Turned A Stripper To Pay Her School Fees Celebrates Graduation (Photos) / FUOYE Students And Indigenes Clash (Photos) / 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by amzee(m): 7:14am On May 16, 2016
It is unfair, unjust and a pure sign of disunity among ourselves as Nigerians, that because I'm not from a state and want to study there, I'm asked to pay higher fees than other students from that particular state.

Why is it so?

Let us discuss this properly because it is not helping our unity as a nation.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by vicsoj007(m): 7:23am On May 16, 2016
THAT MEANS, U SHOULD ALSO CONSIDER GOING TO YOUR OWN INDIGENOUS INSTITUTION FIRST... U WANT FOREIGNERS TO DEY COME MAGINALIZE DEM ABI

7 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Nobody: 7:30am On May 16, 2016
OP sharaap there joor,even in america, indigenes of a state are given preferential treatment over non indigenes...you Nigerians just make me sick you want everything to be either cheap or free what nonsense mentality...if you cant cope drop out and put your SSCE to use...u want cheap quality education indeed.....why not go to your state where ur an indigene and school there

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Femich18(m): 7:44am On May 16, 2016
Rubbish..y not go to your state and study. Must u study in oda pples state and if you must den be ready to pay without complaining

9 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by histemple: 7:55am On May 16, 2016
Op I understand your concerns but then, I think some state Governors value the education of their indigent students over other things, hence the sacrifice.

If you are suffering this, it means your state has a governor that doesn't take education seriously.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by amzee(m): 11:10am On May 16, 2016
Justdulla:
OP sharaap there joor,even in america, indigenes of a state are given preferential treatment over non indigenes...you Nigerians just make me sick you want everything to be either cheap or free what nonsense mentality...if you cant cope drop out and put your SSCE to use...u want cheap quality education indeed.....why not go to your state where ur an indigene and school there
Hey kid,have you eaten today?

18 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by amzee(m): 11:11am On May 16, 2016
Femich18:
Rubbish..y not go to your state and study. Must u study in oda pples state and if you must den be ready to pay without complaining
Must you display your stupidity?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by amzee(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2016
histemple:
Op I understand your concerns but then, I think some state Governors value the education of their indigent students over other things, hence the sacrifice.

If you are suffering this, it means your state has a governor that doesn't take education seriously.
My state governor is a lover of education. Non-indigenes pay higher in my state than indigenes but I'm just concerned about the saying that we are ''one nigeria'' abi no be so?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Nobody: 11:20am On May 16, 2016
Yes, it's totally fair, here in the USA...It works and the logic behind it is your parents have been paying taxes that help to run the State university since you became a state resident so stop whining...Aight?

21 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by neolboy(m): 11:21am On May 16, 2016
Not fair because we are all Nigerians.
Happy birthday to me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:21am On May 16, 2016
Same reason why international students are meant to pay higher tuition than the citizens.
I don't see anything wrong with it Nigga.

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by dupsil(f): 11:21am On May 16, 2016
Haha!!!! Bros, take am easy naw. There are ways of passing your message across without been rude and raining insults on d op.
Justdulla:

8 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:21am On May 16, 2016
Yup.
If you go to the UK, u'll pay higher fees than citizens

3 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by NwaNimo1(m): 11:22am On May 16, 2016
Its fair afterall what have you contributed to the state in terms of taxes....

3 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by lekjons(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2016
very fair!

op, answer these questions;

shool no dey your state

them chase you for your own state

Abi your governor no dey receive federal allocation

4 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by macaranta(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2016
Op has raised a valid point,some people spend their whole lives in a state and are still made to pay higher.There are pros n cons sha with regards unity and resource control/allocation.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by moneyhungry(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2016
Justdulla:
is "America" the universal unit of measurement?
you suffer from grade 1 inferiority complex grin

12 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Owliver(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2016
neolboy:
Not fair because we are all Nigerians.

Happy birthday to me
yes. we are also in one planet as a family doesn't mean you can stroll to Israel and get free education. unity in disunity

2 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Afritop(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2016
amzee:
It is unfair, unjust and a pure sign of disunity among ourselves as Nigerians, that because I'm not from a state and want to study there, I'm asked to pay higher fees than other students from that particular state.

Why is it so?

DID IT HAPPEN TO A STATE SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY
Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by MadCow1: 11:25am On May 16, 2016
amzee:

Why is it so?

Not only is it unfair, it should be illegal.

Thats is discrimination as it applies to the constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by SlimHan(f): 11:26am On May 16, 2016
hmmmmmm
Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 16, 2016
Op,this was the topic that made me quarrel with one of my friends. After they go they chant 'One Nigeria'. Rubbish! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Pavore9: 11:27am On May 16, 2016
No. As long as any State receives monthly Allocation from the Federation Account it has no right to charge a higher fee. If a State that contributes far little into the Federation Account but still at the end of the month they receive allocation generated from other States, what justifies the dichotomy of fees?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by abbeyty(m): 11:27am On May 16, 2016
what is the point of one Nigeria then, why paying higher fee cuz you are not from a particular state ? we are just deceiving ourselves with this one Nigeria slogan.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by donholy28(m): 11:28am On May 16, 2016
It happens everywhere.. you don't like it then fkking go back to ur state/country..you've got schools there

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by drejenny(m): 11:29am On May 16, 2016
It's not fair,

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 11:29am On May 16, 2016
I want a higher hospial bills, higher tution fees; higher tax rates etc etc for non-indigenes in my state. If you cannot affrod it, then you'v got to consider going back to where you come from
Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by 3sha4lyf: 11:30am On May 16, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Same reason why international students are meant to pay higher tuition than the citizens.
I don't see anything wrong with it Nigga.

Citizens, you say. Correct. But someone from Essex schooling in Sunderland pays same fees with someone from Sunderland.
Also, even as a foreigner, if you LEGALLY lived in the UK for about three years, u could get a waiver to pay "home fees" instead of international fees. SO THATS A DIFFERENT CASS ENTIRELY, and I think it's a bit segregationist to ask Lagosians to pay higher for schooling in Abraka university.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Anijay1212(m): 11:31am On May 16, 2016
I agree with the op,it is totally wrong and segregatory.

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Wadasco(m): 11:32am On May 16, 2016
to be sincere it's not a good thing

1 Like

Re: Is It Fair For Non-indigenes Of A State To Pay Higher School Fees? by Nobody: 11:33am On May 16, 2016
3sha4lyf:

Citizens, you say. Correct. But someone from Essex schooling in Sunderland pays same fees with someone from Sunderland.
Also, even as a foreigner, if you LEGALLY lived in the UK for about three years, u could get a waiver to pay "home fees" instead of international fees. SO THATS A DIFFERENT CASS ENTIRELY, and I think it's a bit segregationist to ask Lagosians to pay higher for schooling in Abraka university.
Please, are you explaining to him? It's obvious schooling abroad doesn't make one more intelligent than his counterparts back home.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2013/2014 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship / My Regrets As A Part Time Student, That I Won't Wish For Anyone-amaka Agbo / Bowen university 2013/2014 Post Utme Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.