Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,714 members, 7,840,780 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective (15409 Views)

My Life As A Teacher. / Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by dahaz(m): 8:08am On May 17, 2016
where that student nurse wey lyk quarel pass fight and who lyk to inject pple haneefahrn see your thread oo.If you like come and quarel here i go send you bck to romance section.
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by Nobody: 8:18am On May 17, 2016
It is a challenging field for men. Especially when you are young in the career . Hmmm women's world no disputing .
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by HaneefahRN(f): 8:37am On May 17, 2016
dahaz:
where that student nurse wey lyk quarel pass fight and who lyk to inject pple haneefahrn see your thread oo.If you like come and quarel here i go send you bck to romance section.

Da.haz, so you have already tagged me a trouble maker even though I am as gentle as they come? God will see us. I'm not a romancelander o.
I'm not thanking you for mentioning me againtongue.

Nice one OP. It ain't easy especially the perception and stereotypes. Male nurses rock!!!
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by HaneefahRN(f): 8:39am On May 17, 2016
bbulldog:
I have warned all my family members that_ no matter the condition will they plan to date or marry a nurse, police officer , inshort any profession that includes shift type of working hour. I am not sorry to say that most nurses are highly frivolous, which is passed on to their children. I know people here will want to have my head because of this. But if you people can sit down to think and look around, you will find out about their lifestyles.

Were you raised by a nurse?

Don't be blinded by stereotypes. Anyone of whatever profession even house wives can have frivolous children. I can boldly say that all the nurses I know do not have frivolous children. Probably the ones around you do
And most nurses ain't frivolous. You don't have to like us, but stop trying to soil our profession. We all have different personalities.

5 Likes

Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by Uceegal: 8:42am On May 17, 2016
Okay
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by pet4ril(f): 8:48am On May 17, 2016
bbulldog:
I have warned all my family members that_ no matter the condition will they plan to date or marry a nurse, police officer , inshort any profession that includes shift type of working hour. I am not sorry to say that most nurses are highly frivolous, which is passed on to their children. I know people here will want to have my head because of this. But if you people can sit down to think and look around, you will find out about their lifestyles.
Are you in this 21st century? Bros, abeg think well

2 Likes

Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by miss2895(f): 8:51am On May 17, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
OP,so you are a MALE nurse?

like seriously!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by Lexusgs430: 9:23am On May 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Don't be blinded by stereotypes. Anyone of whatever profession even house wives can have frivolous children. I can boldly say that all the nurses I know do not have frivolous children. Probably the ones around you do
And most nurses ain't frivolous. You don't have to like us, but stop trying to soil our profession. We all have different personalities.

You nairaland handle really states your profession. Haneefah(RN) Registered Nurse
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by systemz(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2016
gift01:
Truth is Nurses are expected to be friendlier and more patient. These qualities you hardly find in masculinity except in rare cases. My uncle Austin was a Nurse. His only downside was he gave killer injection- the ones that would make you not walk for days
That's a very wrong assertion.
Reverse is the case - Male are friendlier and more patient pls.

2 Likes

Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by dahaz(m): 10:06am On May 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Da.haz, so you have already tagged me a trouble maker even though I am as gentle as they come? God will see us. I'm not a romancelander o.
I'm not[b] thanking [/b]you for mentioning me againtongue.

Nice one OP. It ain't easy especially the perception and stereotypes. Male nurses rock!!!
At bolded, you have already mentioned the word now tongue. You are the number one romancelander I know. I was surprised that you are not contesting for miss nairaland. my vote could have been for you tongue
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by CaptainEColeJnr: 10:13am On May 17, 2016
I prefer female nurses joor.. with their soft hands and sweet voice. chaiiii you go wan remain sick forever grin

1 Like

Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by HaneefahRN(f): 10:26am On May 17, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You nairaland handle really states your profession. Haneefah(RN) Registered Nurse

Yeah
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by HaneefahRN(f): 10:31am On May 17, 2016
dahaz:

At bolded, you have already mentioned the word now tongue. You are the number one romancelander I know. I was surprised that you are not contesting for miss nairaland. my vote could have been for you tongue

Lolz, no, I didn't. The funny thing is I don't consider myself a romancelander, I probably opened the romance section tag just once and couldn't see sense in most of the topics, I only contribute to a romance section topic if it's brought to FP or someone I'm following makes a comment on a topic that interests me. That's it. I go more to the family section.

LMAO, Miss NL, seriously? You are funny. Who are you voting for anyway?
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by omauchay(f): 10:32am On May 17, 2016
bbulldog:
but why is that? Why would you warn ur family members against such...? I want to know ur reasons..which lifestyle..not seeing anything..thats the more reason u should tell me what u re seeing
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by Fitz22(f): 11:15am On May 17, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
OP,so you are a MALE nurse?

He is a Nurse, there is nothing like a male nurse. A nurse is a nurse. A doctor is a doctor, a phrmacist is a pharmacist. He is a Nurse.
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by naitalk: 11:25am On May 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Lolz, no, I didn't. The funny thing is I don't consider myself a romancelander, I probably opened the romance section tag just once and couldn't see sense in most of the topics, I only contribute to a romance section topic if it's brought to FP or someone I'm following makes a comment on a topic that interests me. That's it. I go more to the family section.

Mimzy is our candidate please vote for her
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by Nobody: 11:40am On May 17, 2016
i do appreciate. thank you. good morning.

naitalk:

Mi.mzy is our candidate please vote for her
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by Nobody: 11:43am On May 17, 2016
Cerebrae:
Am proud to be a male nurse
We need more of you guys in this profession in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by Jogba(m): 11:46am On May 17, 2016
Proud to be a male Nurse
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by Topmaike007(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2016
yinkakani:
[size=20pt]space for sale lipsrsealed[/size]
how much?
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by yinkakani(m): 12:13pm On May 17, 2016
Kufie:

How much?

100k lipsrsealed
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by yinkakani(m): 12:14pm On May 17, 2016
Topmaike007:
how much?
200k grin
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by InvertedHammer: 12:46pm On May 17, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

When I trained there were 100 people in our set, 20 of
which were men, eight of who were gay.

http://www.nursingworldnigeria.com/2013/02/life-as-a-nurse-ndash-the-male-perspective
/
A lot of male nurses are gay.
Some male nurses fall into the category of "condition na im make crayfish bend" (Nigerians).
Type A men do not go into Nursing.
If you eavesdrop on conversation among nurses, one of the first few questions for males is always on how they ended up in Nursing. It sounds like a dumping ground. And the answers to the question is usually a brief CV.

However, Nursing is a non-judgmental profession. It doesn't matter if one is fat, short, tall, beautiful, ugly or whatever attributes one may have, if you are smart and can get the job done...you are in.
\
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by dahaz(m): 1:27pm On May 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

I have no preferred candidate but am seriously considering voting for a lady who describe herself as 'flawsome'
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by hotdi(m): 1:33pm On May 17, 2016
Male nurse ke... u wan see different types of nyash in d name of injection.
Well my wife has to be a nurse, they can knack... grin

1 Like

Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by TheArchangel(f): 2:18pm On May 17, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
A lot of male nurses are gay.
Some male nurses fall into the category of "condition na im make crayfish bend" (Nigerians).
Type A men do not go into Nursing.
If you eavesdrop on conversation among nurses, one of the first few questions for males is always on how they ended up in Nursing. It sounds like a dumping ground. And the answers to the question is usually a brief CV.

However, Nursing is a non-judgmental profession. It doesn't matter if one is fat, short, tall, beautiful, ugly or whatever attributes one may have, if you are smart and can get the job done...you are in.
\
Sir, kindly stick to the cars and engines and the works.
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by bbulldog(m): 2:42pm On May 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

support what you believe.. That's my rigid point my dear
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by saammyy(m): 2:54pm On May 17, 2016
bbulldog:
wrong, very wrong
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by HaneefahRN(f): 4:01pm On May 17, 2016
dahaz:

I have no preferred candidate but am seriously considering voting for a lady who describe herself as 'flawsome'

Hmmm, alright, not sure I know who you are talking about though.
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by HaneefahRN(f): 4:06pm On May 17, 2016
bbulldog:
support what you believe.. That's my rigid point my dear

Being dogmatic is never good. Whatever rocks your boat, just stop trying to spread falsehood and stereotypes as fact .
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by bbulldog(m): 4:17pm On May 17, 2016
saammyy:
wrong, very wrong
how wrong?
Re: Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective by mikolo80: 4:30pm On May 17, 2016
tiniyata:
male nurses be seeing different types of nyash everyday when giving injections
chei ,i forget about this o.chai see missing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways To Invest In Yourself / Hard Copy Of ICAN New Study Pack, Pathfinder And ACCA Materials. / Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.