Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! (12590 Views)

Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
If you are trying to decide on a career
or are considering having a total
career change, there’s never been a
better time to train to be a nurse.

Currently, the U.S. is heading for a
nursing shortage, with the rapidly
aging population meaning that there
are now more senior U.S. citizens
than ever before – and not enough
nurses to care for the ever-
increasing patient numbers. This
means that not only are registered
nurses in high demand right now,
practically guaranteeing new nursing
graduates a job, but nurses can also
reap further benefits for this
situation. We’ve looked at some of
the best reasons to train to become a
nurse today.

Job Security

When choosing a career, one of the
most important things that you have
to think about is the potential for job
security. Nobody wants to spend
years training to work in a certain
profession, get into student debt and
then find out that their job is not
secure after only a few years.
Because of the current demand for
nurses, it’s one of the best industries
to get into if you are looking for
guaranteed job security. Completing
an online nursing program is now
easier than ever before and will set
you up for a career in the medical
field for life.

Progression Opportunities

Once you have qualified as a
registered nurse, either by
completing an on-campus or online
nursing degree, you can then choose
from a massive range of different
progression opportunities. Nursing
professionals are needed to work in
a wide variety of areas within the
medical industry, with some being
more specialized than others,
therefore having more responsibility
and increased pay. Or, those who
work as nurses for many years may
be able to enjoy promotions to more
senior positions throughout their
career.

Rewarding Work

For many nurses, one of the best
things about their career choice is
how incredibly rewarding it can be.
Although nursing is a career that is
both physically and mentally
demanding, many nurses say that
they would not swap it for the world
due to all of the good moments they
have. Indeed, nursing can have its
sad moments, but there are many
happy moments as well which
nurses get to share with their
patients.

Personal Development

Last but not least, training as a nurse
is a great way to develop and grow
personally. Becoming a nurse can
help you to learn a lot about yourself,
and will force you to become better
at a range of different life skills,
including managing your time,
communicating and listening, being
empathetic, and being tactful.
Working in nursing can also make
you a stronger person, and can often
make you appreciate all of the good
things in your life. Along with that,
nursing allows you to meet some
wonderful people, whether they be
your work colleagues or the people
who you care for.

If you’re trying to decide on a career
for the future, or are considering
changing careers, there are many
great reasons to go for a career in
nursing.

source
http://nursesarena.com/articles/reasons-why-the-best-time-to-train-as-a-nurse/msg4846/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook#msg4846

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Turks: 7:08am On Sep 24, 2016
Nigerian nurses and abandoning their patients to watch the latest episode on Telemundo grin

34 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Holamide222(f): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2016
smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by nony43(m): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2016
The best place to pratice nursing is in Abroad

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by nairaman66(m): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2016
Nigeria and Nurses.. Double trouble
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 24, 2016
Nice
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Vince77(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2016
I think the best time to train as s programmer is also now

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Coldfeet(f): 7:10am On Sep 24, 2016
kiss
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Zico5(m): 7:11am On Sep 24, 2016
Nursing is a good career but I guess many are not aware of its importance in some foreign countries like US and UK. Nurses can work directly in these countries unlike medic and dentists that need to undergo training for few months before being qualified to work.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Cunninlinguist: 7:11am On Sep 24, 2016
nairaman66:
nony43:
E
Holamide222:
smiley
shocked undecided See them. Awon space bookers cheesy
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 24, 2016
Good.
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by weblord1900: 7:12am On Sep 24, 2016
Ol
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Diamondamsel(f): 7:13am On Sep 24, 2016
great nurses!!!!! proud to be one

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Coldfeet(f): 7:13am On Sep 24, 2016
Turks:
Nigerian nurses and abandoning their patients to watch the latest episode on Telemundo grin
You think it's funny? Ok one day na you dem go abandone go watch telemundo I hope that day you go remember Zuma picture then.

Most offices block this channel and ZWorld this days... Can't even understand what is so addictive about their fake and annoying programs.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by donklef(m): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2016
Nursing have always been a good job....looking for a nurse to marry.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Turks: 7:19am On Sep 24, 2016
Wait, how's things my fault? Na me be one of the nurses ni? Abeg don't take out your frustration on me o. grin
Coldfeet:
You think it's funny? Ok one day na you dem go abandone go watch telemundo I hope that day you go remember Zuma picture then.

Most offices block this channel and ZWorld this days... Can't even understand what is so addictive about their fake and annoying programs.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nikapetrelli(f): 7:21am On Sep 24, 2016
Coldfeet:

No be small annoying n fake

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by cosmatika(m): 7:22am On Sep 24, 2016
1 plot 1st
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Ma2seater: 7:23am On Sep 24, 2016
Go to America as a black male and get killed by their POLICE

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by CHRISTOLL: 7:24am On Sep 24, 2016
True.
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by nairaarea: 7:25am On Sep 24, 2016
Nurses are great

UNIZIK nurses in training

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Marvyx(m): 7:28am On Sep 24, 2016
Chai I loved nursing sha... As a male I was really discouraged from reading nursing.... Until I gained admission into the university and I saw boys reading nursing.... Information is really power..

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Techpaded(f): 7:28am On Sep 24, 2016
Good
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Coldfeet(f): 7:29am On Sep 24, 2016
Turks:
Wait, how's things my fault? Na me be one of the nurses ni? Abeg don't take out your frustration on me o. grin
Frustration ke? Abeg good morning and have a nice day. Something you don't just joke with.
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Turks: 7:29am On Sep 24, 2016
Oshey Mr Reader
Marvyx:
Chai I loved nursing sha... As a male I was really discouraged from reading nursing....
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by nairaarea: 7:34am On Sep 24, 2016
Good..

UNIZIK nurses in training

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Turks: 7:34am On Sep 24, 2016
Good morning! You don dey run; you dey develop cold feet ni? Your moniker sef
Coldfeet:
Frustration ke? Abeg good morning and have a nice day. Something you don't just joke with.
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Maxvasia(m): 7:36am On Sep 24, 2016
i taya ooooo
Coldfeet:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by nairaarea: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2016
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Working From Your Home Is The Best. / Lagos Workers Get 15% Salary Bonus For December / A Theory Of Value Vs. Need – The Need For Personal Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.