Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,052 members, 7,838,656 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Balancing Your Work, Life And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Balancing Your Work, Life And Relationships (456 Views)

Lady Warns Yahoo Boys: "Come With Your Work ID Before Asking Me Out" / Love, Sex And Relationships / Lets Talk About Some Interesting Facts About Love And Relationships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Balancing Your Work, Life And Relationships by ekog: 5:29pm On May 17, 2016
Managing your Life, Work and Relationship is not an easy task, in fact some people think it is not possible, some part would suffer, maybe work or relationship, but I personally think it is possible to balance your Life, work and your relationship.

Balancing life and relationships is totally different from balancing work and relationships.
Talking about balancing life and relationships, when you get into a relationship, both of you are coming from two different worlds, each bringing your goals, dreams, individual needs and combining to make one. In this situation, as time progresses in the relationship, however, one or both individuals might discover that they’ve sacrificed too many of their own personal needs in order to please the other, and in doing so, they’ve lost themselves in the process. This is sometimes avoidable:
There should be a You, Me and We;
The You and Me Part works like this, in a healthy relationship, each partner works to develop the best Self that they can be; they devote time to their individual hobbies, focus on their own personal growth and goals, and maintain friendships outside of their relationship. Creating goals for yourself and finding outside activities that bring you joy and a sense of fulfillment is vital to the health of your relationship. When couples each have a strong sense of Self, and then create the space to come together to share themselves with their partner, they enhance each other. In this case, they create a relationship in which the whole of their relationship is bigger than the individual parts.
The We part is different, do you carve out time to be with your partner? Or are you caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life? I can’t emphasize how important it is to make time for your relationship a priority. Relationships are like plants; if we don’t feed and water them, they will wilt and die. Engage in individual activities that you each and make time to connect with one another on a daily basis in meaningful ways, however brief. Being mindful of balancing your personal needs with your identity as a couple can go a long way to keeping both of you happy and connected.
Extensive research on the subject of relationships and careers shows that people in successful relationships not only make more money, they’re healthier, live longer, and get more promotions than singles do. So how can you juggle your relationship, Life and your career?
Talking about balancing work and Relationship

Prioritize:
Both your work and Relationship should be prioritized, that is do not let one fail for the other, do not have to give one up for the other. if you are at work focus on work, if you are with your significant other focus on your significant other, after all what is the fun of a promotion if you don’t have someone to share it with. Let work and your relationship have their own time........ Continue read here.... http://lagosmade.com/lifestyl/balancing-your-work-life-and-relationships/
Re: Balancing Your Work, Life And Relationships by rose54321: 6:46pm On May 17, 2016
A workaholic like myself needs to read this...

Though it's not easy when you love what you do, I guess I guess true love would be meeting someone I voluntarily leave work for.

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Deal With Depression After A Breakup / Do Ladies But / Weepin For Our Dear Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.