Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt (42146 Views)

Five Things I Would Learn To Do If I Was Jobless / Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady / PHOTO: Yet Another Jobless Nigerian Lady On The Street With Her Placard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by olatunjithomas(m): 9:18am On May 18, 2016
omojoshy:
And I say a BIG Amen to that my guy! Ire akari IJN.
amen too oooo, karire barase
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by olatunjithomas(m): 9:18am On May 18, 2016
omojoshy:
And I say a BIG Amen to that my guy! Ire akari IJN.
amen too oooo eyan mi, karire barase
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Coolgent(m): 9:19am On May 18, 2016
My trend of getting what you want
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by fpeter(f): 9:36am On May 18, 2016
Stephrocks:
PHD at 26? If that's true she's gold in any university this her advert looks shakey.

If you have money to do masters and PHD you are bold enough to start a business of your old and there are few PHD holders at 26 the is more to her story for now i am not buying this story.

Quit with this business talks pls....not everyone has the gifts to do buying and selling....,everyone can't be a businessman
some are better off working and not necessarily becoming an entrepreneur...
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by DeeMos(m): 9:39am On May 18, 2016
Stephrocks:
PHD at 26? If that's true she's gold in any university this her advert looks shakey.

If you have money to do masters and PHD you are bold enough to start a business of your old and there are few PHD holders at 26 the is more to her story for now i am not buying this story.
PhD student
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Rajosh(m): 9:44am On May 18, 2016
Mattin:
She got a Phd at/before the age of 26
It's debasing if she has a Phd and can't think out the box but carry play card.
If true, there is always a job in the private owned high schools though meagre pay.
Why am I even finding it hard to believe the story and pics
she's still a PhD student. she doesn't have her PhD yet.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Swazzkid(m): 9:48am On May 18, 2016
wish you d very best, may God pickup your call...........#keepthehustlereal
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by ElSherriff: 9:52am On May 18, 2016
I was a Ph.D student at 26 too, and yes I had no job then...when you make a 2.2 unfortunately from a university, decide to keep pursuing an academic career, you can be caught up in the situation too and inbetween, being intelligent does not necessarily mean having a business acumen. Am still a Ph.D student but I earn these days. So give the sister some positive energy, I know what she's going through as I have been there.
Stephrocks:

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by deygar: 10:03am On May 18, 2016
reminds us of the great depression...

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Exponental(m): 10:18am On May 18, 2016
Stephrocks:

PhD Student.. Inability to pay bills brought up the advert. For B.Ed and Masters, she could have gotten favour somewhere which isn't available anymore e.g her parents are retired and no regular pension or gratuity.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:50am On May 18, 2016
Stephrocks:

PHD STUDENT.

Read and Digest before writing.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:52am On May 18, 2016
Pasca07:
open your eyes she is a PH.D student not PH.d holder

Thats the level of naiveity among our youth..
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:55am On May 18, 2016
Yomieluv:
if truly she has all these certificate, yet she's unemployed. she needs special deliverance in a reputable church.

even her vast qualifications makes her a honey pot to organization.

her village witch strong Gan.

Give her work and stop insulting her.

I know many Masters degree holders around here who are jobless.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by darlenese(f): 11:06am On May 18, 2016
Nigeria youth should start thinking out of the box instead of waiting for Govt to give them job
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Nukilia: 11:11am On May 18, 2016
kaeforum:

Another perfect example that University education is a fraud at 26 PHD,Masters, if this were the 90s or 80s she could have gotten lots of offers.

But in todays competitive world, you need more than certificates to be relevant, to have studied this far and yet be jobless shows lack of vision on her part.

She clearly has no focus, her only dream was to go to school and get an offjob, her mates are roasting bole, selling clothes doing business to support their families, she is prostituting here with sign board.

No company will hire her cos she has shown herself to be an exotic liability, one who has nothing to contribute except demand for high salary becos she slept with lecturer to get phd. angry

1. What makes you think she lacks vision? I guess she doesn't lack vision, shes tried all her best to get education which I believe is a good thing.
2. How do you define focus? I'm sure she must have made up her mind to do something good with her life by getting herself educated while others are busy trolling on social media.
3. Prostituting! I feel this is a harsh word to describe a young girl who is trying her luck in a cruel world. I am sure she's got nobody to help her out.
4. Why do you think no company will hire her? You never know, someone with a kind heart is watching...
5. She slept with lecturer to get Phd? Whaww! this comment is terrible, cry

Why is Nairaland like this for God sake!

I believe this forum is supposed to serve as a means of helping ourselves out as youths and not as a medium for us to spew harsh and denigrating words at others.

If you have nothing good to say, kindly stay quiet!
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Peacefulgold(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2016
Stephrocks:

Read d advert well....phd student ....
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by DeKen: 11:28am On May 18, 2016
I think her writing says she is a PHD student. Read again.
Stephrocks:

Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by peleson: 11:46am On May 18, 2016
Stephrocks:

Read it well. That u r not having it at now doesnt mean others don't. She is a ph.D student. Graduate at 22, serve(nysc) at 23, M.Sc at 25 and now doing Ph.D. So what is ur stress?
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by nenergy(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2016
Who Ph.D really epp? Post graduate education is great, but how relevant is it to your career? Why get an M.Sc only to
carry a placard or struggle for entry level jobs with fresh graduates? Get profitable knowledge instead. Get a skill, training or program that equips and positions you to solve realproblems and make money.

www.thejobseekerscreed.com/2016/05/port-harcourt-phd-student-needs-job.html
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Coolcube: 12:18pm On May 18, 2016
amtaken:
Once she is offered an employment by this act you will see many other people who will copy her, even the ones shouting that they do not believe her.

Think of the 2015 pre and post election trekkers.

For those of you who think that a PHD student cannot be jobless, please pinch yourselves and kindly wake up to reality. Most firms do not even care if you have a Masters Degree. Even banks prefer to hire OND holders so as to pay less remuneration.

I know a guy who is also a PHD student. He has been struggling to get a lecturing job for about three years now, all to no avail.

The truth of the matter is that there are few vacancies and they are mostly reserved for the creme-la-de-cream of our society.

May God touch Buhari/Wike/Corporate Organisations to give her the job she seeks.

On a final note, why are some of you doubting her age? She looks quite young but you are still doubting because of her achievements in life.

You can get your first degree at age 20, get your NYSC certificate at 21, Masters degree at 23 and start your PHD at 24.

Kini big deal?

I am a living testimony.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Coolcube: 12:36pm On May 18, 2016
We are wired differently. Some people are business inclined while some are devoted to academics solely. PhD is not for business, it is for research, unlike masters where you can enrol to enhance your job search, PhD is for academic work. Now, if an individual chooses to focus on academics, why blame him or her? I have read comments in which people claim she should have used the money for something else, but I ask what assurance can you give that she would succeed should she venture into business?

Business skill is a gift, and not everyone is gifted along that line. If the lady chose academia and knows she has the ability to succeed, I tell you, people scorning her today will be amazed at her achievements in a decade's time. In the Western world, people are given the avenue to do whatever they want, provided it's law-abiding, and that's why they are progressing. Let schools, particularly the private ones without adequate PhD holders, contact her for employment. Government institutions can as well employ her, just that politics has destroyed everything... those who lack the ability to lecture are those getting the job, all because of connection and money.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by amtaken(f): 12:37pm On May 18, 2016
Tell me....

Coolcube:

I am a living testimony.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Coolcube: 12:44pm On May 18, 2016
amtaken:
Tell me....

Got admitted for my first degree immediately after secondary school, graduated with a second class upper little before 20, started my masters at 21, after NYSC, finished that and starting my PhD this year. All my tertiary institutions are government schools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by amtaken(f): 12:48pm On May 18, 2016
Congratulations dear.

When you finish your PHD now you will see some old mamas and papas who wrote JAMB for 7 years doubting your age lolz.

Coolcube:

Got admitted for my first degree immediately after secondary school, graduated with a second class upper little before 20, started my masters at 21, after NYSC, finished that and starting my PhD this year. All my tertiary institutions are government schools.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Coolcube: 12:51pm On May 18, 2016
amtaken:
Congratulations dear.

When you finish your PHD now you will see some old mamas and papas who wrote JAMB for 7 years doubting your age lolz.

People doubt now. But those who knew my childhood days can tell anyone who chose to listen.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by yommyuk: 12:55pm On May 18, 2016
EVILFOREST:

She is still a phD student.
Please read carefully.

NIGERIANS are too spontaneous

I am aware of that. Still she needs experience
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by 3sha4lyf: 1:04pm On May 18, 2016
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by 3sha4lyf: 1:05pm On May 18, 2016
Stephrocks:

If you have money to do masters and PHD you are bold enough to start a business of your own and there are few PHD holders at 26 there is more to her story for now i am not buying this story.

Pls don't be like that. She may have been sponsored all her life, perhaps by family or she may have borrowed to study. It happens. Moreover, she may just be broke cos she ain't got no job. No matter how wise you are, you can't start a business without money. Moreover she's still a PHD student which shows she may be struggling to cope with her studies and need a job to keep funding it.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 18, 2016
3sha4lyf:

Pls don't be like that. She may have been sponsored all her life, perhaps by family or she may have borrowed to study. It happens. Moreover, she may just be broke cos she ain't got no job. No matter how wise you are, you can't start a business without money. Moreover she's still a PHD student which shows she may be struggling to cope with her studies and need a job to keep funding it.

Because she's the only one that likes school? Please spare me the sentimental bruhaha if she can get people to sponsor her schooling why not tell them to invest in her as in business wise do you know how many people have the opportunity of even going to uni and she has reached the stage of PHD you thing someone like this you offer her 30k she's gonna do it? Please this one is just showing off probably looking for attention.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by arsenwise: 2:22pm On May 18, 2016
MSC AND PHD..WASTE OF TIME...MISPLACE PRIORITIES..WE NEED WORKING HAND IN THIS COUNTRY NT CERTFICATE
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by haabimbohlar(f): 2:22pm On May 18, 2016
Mattin:
If true, there is always a job in the private owned high schools though meagre pay.

It's placard.
Re: PHOTOS: Jobless Lady Seen On The Street Of Port Harcourt by divinelove(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2016
Mattin:

she is a PhD student not a PhD graduate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing / Heritage Bank CV Submission October 2014 / Costly Mistakes I Discovered in 250 CVs: Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.