Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied (1559 Views)

Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / FG To NLC: Return To Negotiation Table / No Work, No Pay, FG Tells Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by CeoNewshelm(m): 5:53am On May 18, 2016
Despite threats by the Ayuba Wabba faction of NLC to continue with its planned strike action today May 18th, the Federal Government has advised all workers in the Civil service to resume for work today, saying the no work no pay rule will be invoked in all ministries, agencies and department. Speaking after a meeting with labor yesterday May 17th, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal said:

"The National Industrial Court has given an injunction that no strike by NLC and TUC should hold tomorrow (today). It is therefore clear that anyone embarking on strike tomorrow (today) is doing so illegally and government is assuring all Nigerians to come out and do their jobs tomorrow (today). It the duty of government to provide security for her citizens and anyone who tries to coerce any worker to do their bidding would be made to face the law of the land. We had full cooperation with the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria and they said they are not going on strike.For them, it is a complete return to work tomorrow (Wednesday).

"It is not the same with the NLC however. They have two factions, one agreed completely with the position of the TUC. Government, therefore, calls upon and advises all workers to respect the laws of the land and to desist from participating in an illegal action. Government undertakes to guarantee the safety of workers and their workplaces, and expects that normal work will continue in the interest of the nation.

"Accordingly, security agencies have been directed to ensure unimpeded access to offices, workplaces and markets. Accordingly, all ministers, permanent secretaries and heads of government agencies are hereby directed to invoke the provision of ‘no work no pay’ in respect of any staff member who absents himself or herself from work to join the strike. Attendance registers are required to be opened in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies.”‎he said

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/05/federal-govt-to-nlc-if-you-insist-on.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by nairayouthcom(m): 5:54am On May 18, 2016
K
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by urchbarbie(f): 6:01am On May 18, 2016
Hm
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by jauntty: 6:02am On May 18, 2016
I think the FG outsmart NLC with that court injunction. Now their strike will be considered illegal.

Let me go my work jare

1 Share

Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by Godfullsam(m): 6:03am On May 18, 2016
'no work no pay' has always been government weapon against labour.
There is nothing new .
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by Nobody: 6:03am On May 18, 2016
What is illegal action? Does buhari respect court orders?

3 Likes

Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by otukpo(f): 6:05am On May 18, 2016
Na today?

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by tundelis(m): 6:08am On May 18, 2016
Buhari y nah
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by ORACLE1975(m): 6:09am On May 18, 2016
I beg na which time Liverpool go play final?
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by chriskosherbal(m): 6:11am On May 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by tundelis(m): 6:12am On May 18, 2016
ORACLE1975:
I beg na which time Liverpool go play final?
My nigga na 8pm o klopp all the way
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by Blizzy9ja: 6:12am On May 18, 2016
Trying to arm-twist and blackmail workers into accepting their wicked subsidy removal...

Government should be sincere about the subsidy removal

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by DropShot: 6:12am On May 18, 2016
SerialGist:
What is illegal action? Does buhari respect court orders?
Regurgitating the same tired lie does not make it correct. If I ask you for which specific order the president has disobeyed, you will point to Dasuki's, Kanu's and possibly FFK's, forgetting that those persoms equally have other pending cases which have not been vacated by court orders.

@topic, any strike at this point is illegal and a valid ground for anyone to lose their job. Simple as ABC.
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by tundelis(m): 6:14am On May 18, 2016
urchbarbie:
Hm
nairayouthcom:
K

Make una book with sense nah haba
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by Mynd44: 6:17am On May 18, 2016
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by Hamxas: 6:17am On May 18, 2016
if they like make dem do anytin whr pass strike wnd if fg lyk make dem no reduce fuel price i dont care me i wan sleep
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by Checked86: 6:18am On May 18, 2016
This OP just dey him room dey type sh*t.
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by urchbarbie(f): 6:18am On May 18, 2016
Mr sense. Tnx. Bt wat value did u add by mentioning me? U wld av just gone ahead n drop ur 2kobo. I didnt knw dat NL now has whips(unofficial moderators) monitoring space booker.
tundelis:

Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by tundelis(m): 6:21am On May 18, 2016
urchbarbie:
Mr sense. Tnx. Bt wat value did u add by mentioning me? U wld av just gone ahead n drop ur 2kobo. I didnt knw dat NL now has whips(unofficial moderators) monitoring space booker.

Gerara hia fowl pikin
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by IVORY2009(m): 6:24am On May 18, 2016
DropShot:

Regurgitating the same tired lie does not make it correct. If I ask you for which specific order the president has disobeyed, you will point to Dasuki's, Kanu's and possibly FFK's, forgetting that those persoms equally have other pending cases which have not been vacated by court orders.

@topic, any strike at this point is illegal and a valid ground for anyone to lose their job. Simple as ABC.

There is no point explaining, this govt does not obey the rule of law, a lawyer friend of mine, only yesterday was lamenting, how the lawyers would want to gang-up against this govt, both senior and junior lawyers.
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by Agimor(m): 6:25am On May 18, 2016
Hope Atm is working sha if they like let then shut down naija for a decade it doesn't concerns me.
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by lumzybo: 6:25am On May 18, 2016
NLC shld cover her face. Shameless mofos.

A union that can't speak with 1 voice wanna make demand from govt. NEVER.

Wat the Bleep is Wabba-faction led NLC or Ajaebo-faction led NLC?

I knew from day 1 that no reasonable demand culd be made from the jokers called NLC.

*off to work* if they want to stop me, come and get me. Awon werey!
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by ObiOkpor(m): 6:28am On May 18, 2016
In this time of hardship,you embark on illegal strike,na hungery go kill you if dem no pay you.
Wetin concern me concern government work? Strike or no strike,artisans dey chop belle full.
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by Flyingngel(m): 6:41am On May 18, 2016
Ayuba shld go and put his house in shape, then come back with a critical demand that will b beneficial to both parties.
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by funstufz: 6:52am On May 18, 2016
Now we are getting a clearer picture of the type of people in government in this country called Nigeria...

Putting people in chains for a change is democratic
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by nairayouthcom(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2016
tundelis:

smiley
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by ugia(f): 7:22am On May 18, 2016
What a directionless Government. Speaking from all sides of the mouth. Does PMB think he is in a military regime by applying the no work no pay policy? This is definitely blackmail and Nigerian reject it unequivocally. Lets see how far they go. We are watching.
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by feldido(m): 7:27am On May 18, 2016
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by optional1(f): 7:41am On May 18, 2016
If Federal Govt workers can go on strike can State govt workers go.
Re: Federal Govt To NLC: If You Insist On Strike, No Work, No Pay Will Be Applied by urchbarbie(f): 8:12am On May 18, 2016
Ure on prozac dude
tundelis:

Gerara hia fowl pikin

(1) (Reply)

Without Fayose No Opposition In Nigeria / . / Pictures Only APC Supporters Will Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.