Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy (21301 Views)

Ijaws Are Ogogoro Sellers Who Migrated From Bayelsa - Dan Owegie, APC Chieftain / Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide / James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by mikolo80: 11:48pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not from Bayelsa state, but as a proud Ijaw son from Rivers state, I find the remarks credited to HE Gov Seriake Dickson where he termed the good people of Bayelsa state, and by extension Ijaw people as lazy. This subject is trending on social media platforms including twitter and palmchat, and I feel slighted.

Is Seriake Dickson aware that he only indicted himself and his unfortunate government by that comment, and not Bayelsa people?

A Brief History
Please permit me to take us down history lane for a moment.

The Ijaw people are predominantly fishermen. Our fathers and mothers would go to the rivers to catch fish and trade for a living. In fact, we never depend on any handouts from any group, whether the white British or government. Even when palm oil was one of the main source of revenue, our people never abandoned fishing.

However, when oil was discovered in commercial quantity in Oloibiri, Bayelsa state and upon exploration by Oil Companies, our people started losing their predominant fishing occupation due to land acquisition, pollution and water pollution. It became so bad that our young men started to take to oil bunkering to erk living. All these happened because Government at ALL levels and oil companies abandoned our land and people. This reckless abandon even contributed to the first ever secession group in post independent Nigeria, the Niger Delta Republic led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro in 1966.

I believe we would have stuck to our fishing if our waters weren't polluted or if oil wasn't discovered in our land.

Sadly, the government at all level despite the loss of our natural occupation refused to empower our people and retrain our youths. The FG setup intervention Agency like OMAPADEC/NDDC but the agency have not met expectation despite the huge funds they get.

Oil Companies would rather bribe local chiefs and thugs instead of employing and empowering youths. State government and local politicians like Mr Seriake Dickson would rather arm youths to win election and settle them with appointment/allowing them freehand to perpetrate criminality instead of working to emancipate the youths.

They have instilled a kind of psyche that thuggery pays and for the fact that an hungry man is naturally desperate, he would lazy to expect free meal.

An Indictment On Dickson
Pray tell what has Dickson done for Bayelsa state to uplift them intellectually? Does Bayelsa have any functioning state Orientation Agency?

Ex-Gov Alamesiegha not only introduce scholarship to encourage thousands bayelsans to get the best education abroad, he also paid the scholars stipends, and increased the bursary of those in higher institution to the envy of non Bayelsans. This he did in addition to establishing the state university. What can be said of Seriake Dickson?

How do you empower people in absence of education? How do you expect people not to be lazy without proper skill acquisition? Our people are very good swimmers but has the BYSG ever deem it fit to sponsor Ijaws to be professional swimmers like the Australians?

Who gave out guns during the last election in Bayelsa state?

What Does He Expect From Bayelsans?
They incapacitated Bayelsans of their God giving fishing occupation, they refused to empower the community and the youths, they refused to train them with skill acquisition, they even refused to provide environment. Instead they empower thugs and even elevate their thugs to government position. In addition, The local politicians, monarchs and Oil Companies together deliberately cheat the people.

What do we expect from such a people?

Dickson and his cohorts should be grateful that Bayelsans have not taken to criminality, armed robbery and ritual killing.

The only crime of the good people of Bayelsa state is that they are not well orientated like their Yoruba and Igbo neighbours. Even at that, it remains the fault of the government at all level.

Bayelsans are not lazy, Ijaws are not lazy. Bayelsans are only victims of maladministration and faulty political system. Dickson should leave Bayelsans off his failed leadership.

Long Live Ijaw Nation!!!!! Long Live Niger Delta!!!! Long Live Bayelsa State!!!

PS: God Bless The Lady that promised me Tecno L8.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
what about the ones selling their job slots? or harassing traders
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by faites(f): 11:48pm On May 18, 2016
papparatzzi2013:
TonyeBarcanista, from the comments of most people that I have read, you can deduce that most people agree with Dickson. Though he is a nut head for calling his people lazg.

Maybe that is his way of making the Niger Delta youths to wake up from their slumber and stop being lazy.

"Our Oyel" mentality actually killed that region. Imagine the Yorubas or Igbos having access to the opportunities you guys have and what they would have achieved with it. I am sure by now Harvard Yale Cambridge LSE Oxford MIT and other Ivy League schools would have banned Nigerians from applying to their schools.

There is an urgent need to re-orientate the minds of an average youth of ND. This requires a visionary and bold leadership that drive and inspire those seemingly lost youths. Do you have such personality in the region?

Bro, their reorientation would be very difficult because they see that oil as a money minting machine, and worse, that they have a right to be fed thru it. They always think, 'why should we work wen we can stay home n get paid. '

A friend of mine who lives in an interior area in PH told me dat during the election, a contestant who was canvassing for votes started repairs on a terribly bad road in d area. The youths came and destroyed the road and chased the workers away, saying they want money not road. That they would never vote the guy cos he is not serious. The politician had to abandon the project.

With people that reason like this, how do u aim to re-orientate them?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by mikolo80: 11:55pm On May 18, 2016
Jirate:
Even if they are Lazy, they are “Not As Lazy” as those that are Waiting for 5K every Month for Doing Nothing………Lol
only pdp are expecting 5 k.no single apc supporter has talked about this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by IAmTobore(m): 11:58pm On May 18, 2016
Thank GOD he didnt insult my preciou urhobo people, i for go homeland go swear give am.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Olusea11(m): 12:27am On May 19, 2016
Ariani:
Btw. DIckson is really a dic-k for spewing such rubbish against his people.

The work of a leader is to inspire his people to greatness, to right all the wrongs in them.

What exactly does Dickson expect to achieve with this public image assassination of his people? For other Nigerians to applaud him as a good leader who failed to inspire his people, and for them(!Nigerians) to join him in bashing his people.

Dickson truly lack brain cells, he is part of the problem and not the solution, if he were wise, nothing stops him from organizing village gatherings in all part of his state, get the help of inspirational leaders, that will table the problems of his people before them, criticize them where needed, and help them see the way forward, Dickson didn't do this, but was quick to rush to the newspaper house to blow hot air. Failed leadership is the bane of Bayelsa, and not lazy people. The history of the world is full of ordinary and docile group of people, that were inspired into achieving great feats by great leaders whose visions were beyond their time, and who found a way to inspire their people into believing in their visions and bringing them into reality.

Dickson of course can't inspire Bayelsa youths to engage in productive ventures, when he was exactly the one that was sharing guns to them to shoot him into power few months ago, he has no credibility and so can't offer sound leadership

Onye ara!

depends on Ur perspectives n how response.. Dickson sentence can challenge them by changing the world that they are not lazy... to b candid Bayesian maybe lazy..if they take Dickson word as a compliment and prove him wrong..

I think that would be better
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by papparatzzi2013: 12:34am On May 19, 2016
faites:

Bro, their reorientation would be very difficult because they see that oil as a money minting machine, and worse, that they have a right to be fed thru it. They always think, 'why should we work wen we can stay home n get paid. '

A friend of mine who lives in an interior area in PH told me dat during the election, a contestant who was canvassing for votes started repairs on a terribly bad road in d area. The youths came and destroyed the road and chased the workers away, saying they want money not road. That they would never vote the guy cos he is not serious. The politician had to abandon the project.

THe region is a time bomb waiting to happen on themselves.

If resource control is granted today, it will be a free for all fight and the powerful and violent ones will turn to the Grand Lords and Masters of the region.

This generation is practically gone, but they can still save the next generation, provided they put in concerted efforts.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by williamsmankind(m): 12:57am On May 19, 2016
Fools dats Wat u r!
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by db8701(m): 1:32am On May 19, 2016
I concur.. We are actually lazy people. But I blame the large part of this to our leaders, but present and previous. They do not teach and promote the rewards of hardwork and education but reather empower and give face 2 thuggery. The present govenor is nor exempted from this act, he's also lazy. What would u call a gov that gives appointments 2 thugs because dey helped in d past elections. Monies from federal govt 4 sme's were hijacked by d govt. When job vacancies, programs and scholaships that are avaliable they give them 2 their lazy brothers and sisters and not the serious and qualified youths, d list goes on and on. I know youths like maself that's are creative and hardworking, not all of us are thugs and militants. Thou I know we need more education and exposure.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Sarang(f): 1:36am On May 19, 2016
lovat:
that is a silly statement from Dickson. To those pheasants supporting the baboin they should also know that the same ills is obtainable in their own locality. I've had an opportunity to work in different geo political zones in this country

You have and you do know well that Igbos are not Lazy or are they?
Also Majority carries the vote.
I've been to Bayelsa too and honestly they are Lazy.
You cannot compare a Bayelsa guy to an average Igbo guy.

Even as far back as 2006 that I went there,they always say they own the Nigerian money.
Not one of the Bayelsians in our yard bro,no not one goes to work.

Some smoke around. Even their father then drinks Kia kia like water.

Some of the neighbours who lived with us then already built their houses and fortunately One was a Bayelsa man married to an Igbo woman while Others are other tribes.
The ones in the backyard no get work.
Three guys in one room,no job.
When I say guys I mean grown ups.
Did I talk about women?

The last time I called it was the girls in the family that feeds them,how?
By sleeping around and now guess what? Some don born pikin.
They only good thing I learnt there was pidgin english.

It's good to want to defend your state but don't you
know that not saying anything at all wil totally ruin them.
Unless you really like the way things are going in your state then keep supporting them.

People only wanna help by talking,who knows perhaps they may actually listen.

Change comes with knowing what to do and working towards it.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by madjune(m): 2:03am On May 19, 2016
JoelAmawhe:

Check the records. It all started from Yaradua's administration.

You're right.

It started from Yar adua.

I'd rather he wake up from the dead and lead us again than I'd wish GEJ to come back from retirement.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by ralfo85(m): 4:04am On May 19, 2016
All these fools calling Bayelsans in general lazy have not really considered there own plight wherever they may be from.
I know Igbos to be the most Xenophobic shits in the whole of Nigeria. This they demonstrate even when they come to settle in a foreign land. They only employ Igbos... go to Igbo land as a foreign and dare to succeed in their midst, if they won't try to kill you. Yet they come to Bayelsa and our stupid politicians give jobs that well meaning, qualified Bayelsa youths need. Hundreds of thousands of hardworking educated and well qualified Bayelsans are always ignored by the government. You mean nothing to them if you don't use violence and thuggery. Yet someone as stupid as Seriake Dickson who isn't even fit to be governor sits there and spits insults on the great Bayelsa people.
I won't say much different when it comes to Yorubas. You can't even dream of a state government job in a place like Lagos. If it isn't a private business then non-indegenes don't get those jobs.
I know my people Bayelsans to be good, hospitable, and industrious. The thing many Igbos who insult our people may not understand is that we are a higher breed than your kind. We are not meant to serve, we are the ones who are served. Your villages used to be stormed and raided by our warriors where we took your men as slaves and made our pick of your women as wives. Go check our history. It is that Elite spirit in us that tends to make us shy away from manial work, only the very humble among us would succumb to such.

About selling job opportunities... these are given to the unqualified and incompetent ones, usually political cronies and thugs or their wards who do not desire the opportunity. What do you expect them to do with it? Well meaning and qualified Bayelsa youths are largely ignored by the government when it comes to these opportunities. As I speak right now I have several acquaintances who are educated to Masters level in various engineering fields looking for the same jobs that are porpotedly sold off by Bayelsa youth.

I do not intend to bash any group, so don't take my words personally. But please be objective in your statements and do not make generalisations that would make you look stupid and show how lazy you are to actually get yourself informed on a topic before spewing your opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Deadlytruth(m): 4:15am On May 19, 2016
Ariani:
I can see that it's Niger Delta/ Ijaw bashing that is currently trending in Nairaland.

Funny that Igbo people that are always at the receiving end of this senseless bashing from Nairalanders have developed short memory and have joined Nigerians to continue the bashing of Niger deltans.

Ngwanu, make una continuu( in PEJ voice). Anya Nkiri
kam no.

That Igbos have joined the Niger Delta bashing all goes to prove wrong the recent perception that SS and SE see themselves as brothers. Some of us have always insisted that there are no brothers or sisters in Nigeria, but some others keep dreaming of such brotherhood. However whenever push comes to shove, the "brotherhood" soon unravels.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Lightening: 4:27am On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Instead, I will say they are victims of false orientation and bad leadership

Which people are products of true orientation and good leadership? Whenever anyone decides to succeed and backs it up with humility and hardwork, he does succeed. When one keeps blaming everyone but himself for his problems, recovery remains elusive .

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Lightening: 4:39am On May 19, 2016
Ariani:
I can see that it's Niger Delta/ Ijaw bashing that is currently trending in Nairaland.

Funny that Igbo people that are always at the receiving end of this senseless bashing from Nairalanders have developed short memory and have joined Nigerians to continue the bashing of Niger deltans.

Ngwanu, make una continuu( in PEJ voice). Anya Nkiri
kam no.

Rather than seeing the pure truth in what your own leader said and being concurred by all that live with or have interacted with Ijaws/Niger deltans, you are looking for the Ibos to blame. All those that spoke in support of Dickson are all Ibos? Even if they are, did they afflict your people with laziness? Abeg shift.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by ndukwejoe(m): 4:43am On May 19, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
We Igbos support Tompolo and the Niger Delta Militants. Once the Militants finish blowing up all the Oil installations in the Niger Delta, we pray they come help us blow all the infrastructures in Igboland also.

We Igbos love Tompolo. Tompolo is greater than all Igbo men both dead and living. Tompolo is greater than Ojukwu
how dare you insult us. as for the write-up op na today nyash de back.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Deadlytruth(m): 5:14am On May 19, 2016
I have read this thread and found hypocrisy and double speak running through most comments. The first is that the same people who claim here that Edo is not part of the SS let alone Niger Delta have quickly included Benin City youths and sited examples with them in their assertions that Niger Delta Youths are lazy. I don't know when Edo has suddenly become a Niger Delta State and part of the SS now again. I thought they say Edo is part of Oodua-Arewanistan Republic? So why site examples from it on the so-called SS/Biafra issues now?

Secondly I see comments from Yorubas giving instances of their first hand experience of laziness and work refusal among Ijaws and all SS people. The irony is that Yorubaland is the only part of Nigeria where youths, in the name of agbero, refuse to farm or do any decent and respect inspiring jobs but choose to seek and get the state government's support, approval and protection to harass motorists and extort them of the little profit they make all day, and in turn the motorists hike fares on commuters in order to break even after submitting the cab owner's daily returns. Is that what defines hardwork?
It is also only in Yorubaland that youths refuse to work (despite the countless industries in Lagos and SW generally) but choose to continuously patrol their neighbourhoods looking for a person buying land, building a house, roofing, etc so that they can order the process of negotiation or actual laying of foundation or roof rafters to stop until the person pays them the unconstitutional and illegal Omonile dues, which in some cases go as far as N150,000 before work can continue. I don't know any place in the Niger Delta or SS where that is done.
It is also only Yorubas youths that would, whenever there is traffick gridlock on a major road in Lagos, quickly get a stick or a long bench and place it across the alternative routes the drivers would want to take as bypass, and then illegally start demanding for N50 per driver before they'll remove the bench or stick to allow the driver pass. I have never seen an Ijaw youth degenerate to that level of laziness that inspires him to obstruct flow of traffic when there is no riot or demonstration.
Also, it is only in Yorubaland you'll buy a piece of land and after fully paying for it, you go away to raise funds to develop it and on return you meet someone else on that land telling you that the same Omoniles have sold the same piece of land to him. Is that not duplicity inspired by laziness? I don't know of any Niger Delta area where youths double sell or even triple sell land.
Yorubas were just only lucky to have Awolowo who was far sighted, realistic, principled, tenacious, pragmatic to the extent that he risked going to jail to see that Yorubas quickly got education and a good sense of enlightenment to rapidly develop ahead of all other parts of Nigeria. Why God decided to single out Yorubas for blessing with such a leader is what I have not understood.
Unfortunately we the SS were not so lucky except for having an Enahoro who however was not allowed to lead us (and set us up for better orientation than the one we currently have) in the Midwest area by our other leaders who sheepishly followed Zik in his fraudulent "One-Nigeria" fantasy.
For the Igbos; I have not really lived much among them in the SE to know them deep on first hand basis, but I place the blame of the laziness in Nigeria wholly on them because as at independence we were practising true federalism and resource control whereby each region retained 75% of its earnings to develop itself at its own pace. By that arrangement every people were hardworking and no one waited for federal allocation or other free funds as no region was constitutionally permitted to unduly benefit from another region's resources. So whoever was lazy in his region would die of hunger. That model was working perfectly until one arrogant Igbo Army officer who knew absolutely nothing about governance came and crushed and replaced it with unitary system claiming he was seeking some silly national unity and one-Nigeria inspired in him by that blind and myopic Zik. By how much has that rash decision really brought about national unity today in Nigeria?
If Igbos had left Nigeria's federalism as they met it all this laziness in the Niger Delta, SW, North and even SE would never have been known in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by crazymod: 5:57am On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not from Bayelsa state, but as a proud Ijaw son from Rivers state, I find the remarks credited to HE Gov Seriake Dickson where he termed the good people of Bayelsa state, and by extension Ijaw people as lazy. This subject is trending on social media platforms including twitter and palmchat, and I feel slighted.

Is Seriake Dickson aware that he only indicted himself and his unfortunate government by that comment, and not Bayelsa people?

A Brief History
Please permit me to take us down history lane for a moment.

The Ijaw people are predominantly fishermen. Our fathers and mothers would go to the rivers to catch fish and trade for a living. In fact, we never depend on any handouts from any group, whether the white British or government. Even when palm oil was one of the main source of revenue, our people never abandoned fishing.

However, when oil was discovered in commercial quantity in Oloibiri, Bayelsa state and upon exploration by Oil Companies, our people started losing their predominant fishing occupation due to land acquisition, pollution and water pollution. It became so bad that our young men started to take to oil bunkering to erk living. All these happened because Government at ALL levels and oil companies abandoned our land and people. This reckless abandon even contributed to the first ever secession group in post independent Nigeria, the Niger Delta Republic led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro in 1966.

I believe we would have stuck to our fishing if our waters weren't polluted or if oil wasn't discovered in our land.

Sadly, the government at all level despite the loss of our natural occupation refused to empower our people and retrain our youths. The FG setup intervention Agency like OMAPADEC/NDDC but the agency have not met expectation despite the huge funds they get.

Oil Companies would rather bribe local chiefs and thugs instead of employing and empowering youths. State government and local politicians like Mr Seriake Dickson would rather arm youths to win election and settle them with appointment/allowing them freehand to perpetrate criminality instead of working to emancipate the youths.

They have instilled a kind of psyche that thuggery pays and for the fact that an hungry man is naturally desperate, he would lazy to expect free meal.

An Indictment On Dickson
Pray tell what has Dickson done for Bayelsa state to uplift them intellectually? Does Bayelsa have any functioning state Orientation Agency?

Ex-Gov Alamesiegha not only introduce scholarship to encourage thousands bayelsans to get the best education abroad, he also paid the scholars stipends, and increased the bursary of those in higher institution to the envy of non Bayelsans. This he did in addition to establishing the state university. What can be said of Seriake Dickson?

How do you empower people in absence of education? How do you expect people not to be lazy without proper skill acquisition? Our people are very good swimmers but has the BYSG ever deem it fit to sponsor Ijaws to be professional swimmers like the Australians?

Who gave out guns during the last election in Bayelsa state?

What Does He Expect From Bayelsans?
They incapacitated Bayelsans of their God giving fishing occupation, they refused to empower the community and the youths, they refused to train them with skill acquisition, they even refused to provide environment. Instead they empower thugs and even elevate their thugs to government position. In addition, The local politicians, monarchs and Oil Companies together deliberately cheat the people.

What do we expect from such a people?

Dickson and his cohorts should be grateful that Bayelsans have not taken to criminality, armed robbery and ritual killing.

The only crime of the good people of Bayelsa state is that they are not well orientated like their Yoruba and Igbo neighbours. Even at that, it remains the fault of the government at all level.

Bayelsans are not lazy, Ijaws are not lazy. Bayelsans are only victims of maladministration and faulty political system. Dickson should leave Bayelsans off his failed leadership.

Long Live Ijaw Nation!!!!! Long Live Niger Delta!!!! Long Live Bayelsa State!!!

PS: God Bless The Lady that promised me Tecno L8.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
It is a known fact that Ijaws are lazy.
1. How many of ijaws own shop or Business compare to other minority tribes?
2. How many Ijaws are registered owners of oil rig at their backyard?
3. How many Ijaws can survive without govt. help?
4. How many Ijaws struggling for a living in abroad? excluding the ones studying abroad.

5. Ijaw youths believes in militancy to be rich while the Edo youths believe in uptown. (abroad)
6. Igbos youths believes in business ventures while Ijaw youths believes in igbesu and destruction.

7. more than 2/3 of the population of Ijaw youths including Tony Barcanista are on govt. payroll for doing nothing.
8. Name one heavy-weight prominent Ijaw man apart from Jonathan and Alamieyeseigha?

9. IJAWS STARTED KIDNAPPING IN NIGERIA .
10. IJAWS INVENTED "JOB TRADE" IN NIGERIA. they prefer to sell their job opportunities than being employed.

WITH THESE AND OTHER POINTS, I HOPE I AM ABLE TO CONVINCE YOU THAT IJAWS ARE FANTASTICALLY LAZY.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Deadlytruth(m): 6:06am On May 19, 2016
crazymod:

It is a known fact that Ijaws are lazy.
1. How many of ijaws own shop or Business compare to other minority tribes?
2. How many Ijaws are registered owners of oil rig at their backyard?
3. How many Ijaws can survive without govt. help?
4. How many Ijaws struggling for a living in abroad? excluding the ones studying abroad.

5. Ijaw youths believes in militancy to be rich while the Edo youths believe in uptown. (abroad)
6. Igbos youths believes in business ventures while Ijaw youths believes in igbesu and destruction.

7. more than 2/3 of the population of Ijaw youths including Tony Barcanista are on govt. payroll for doing nothing.
8. Name one heavy-weight prominent Ijaw man apart from Jonathan and Alamiesaya?

9. IJAWS STARTED KIDNAPPING IN NIGERIA .
10. IJAWS INVENTED "JOB TRADE" IN NIGERIA. they prefer to sell their job opportunities than being employed.

WITH THESE AND OTHER POINTS, I HOPE I AM ABLE TO CONVINCE YOU THAT IJAWS ARE FANTASTICALLY LAZY.

The Edo youths who prefer uptown (abroad), did you hear that they go abroad to sit idly over there and wait for governments there to give them free moneys? Whoever decides to go uptown is even more hardworking than an average Nigerian because uptown work is very demanding and less paying ad therefore not meant for lazy people.
Check all businesses and corporate enterprises in Nigeria and then mention just one which Edos don't have their fair share in. Edos were the first to realize that nigeria does reward hardwork and thus decided to trip uptown even through Sahara Desert en route to Spain. Which lazy people take such extraordinary risk?
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by militarily: 6:15am On May 19, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
We Igbos support Tompolo and the Niger Delta Militants. Once the Militants finish blowing up all the Oil installations in the Niger Delta, we pray they come help us blow all the infrastructures in Igboland also.

We Igbos love Tompolo. Tompolo is greater than all Igbo men both dead and living. Tompolo is greater than Ojukwu
clown cheesy
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by fulanmafia: 6:32am On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Aside Igboland and Yoruba land, are the rest more productive than the Ijaws?

You must be joking if you're trying to allude that Hausa/Fulani are not more productive than Ijaws.

My friend nobody else in this country is able bodied and sits on his hands waiting for handouts while soaking themselves in ogogoro.

You guys should deal with the 'our oyel' mentality which sits at the core of your problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by crazymod: 6:37am On May 19, 2016
Deadlytruth:

The Edo youths who prefer uptown (abroad), did you hear that they go abroad to sit idly over there and wait for governments there to give them free moneys? Whoever decides to go uptown is even more hardworking than an average Nigerian because uptown work is very demanding and less paying ad therefore not meant for lazy people.
Check all businesses and corporate enterprises in Nigeria and then mention just one which Edos don't have their fair share in. Edos were the first to realize that nigeria does reward hardwork and thus decided to trip uptown even through Sahara Desert en route to Spain. Which lazy people take such extraordinary risk?

You misunderstood my comment..... Thats my region, i was born in Benin, Bendel State, and i live in abroad. We don't believe in Govt. hand out.............. Other tribes including Edo that dont wait for govt. are great people.

I was trying to tell OP that Ijaws are lazy.....
It is difficult to locate Ijaw youths in abroad and it is also difficult to locate a shop or business in Nigeria owned by an Ijaw youth.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by TheNonce: 6:51am On May 19, 2016
grin

Dickson the truth teller! They are mostly lazy bastards!
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Deadlytruth(m): 6:56am On May 19, 2016
crazymod:

You misunderstood my comment..... Thats my region, i was born in Benin, Bendel State, and i live in abroad. We don't believe in Govt. hand out.............. Other tribes including Edo that dont wait for govt. are great people.

I was trying to tell OP that Ijaws are lazy.....
It is difficult to locate Ijaw youths in abroad and it is also difficult to locate a shop or business in Nigeria owned by an Ijaw youth.

Alright I get you now.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by justmenoni: 6:58am On May 19, 2016
My broda I dey tell you NA,, they're all the same.. Naija politicians are recycled. Imagine apc always accussing pdp of 16 years of mismanagement whereas obj,ameachi,kwankaso, Saraki are all participants of this 16 years so isn't it wise to accuse apc of 16 years of mismanagement??

Penaldo:
FACT!
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:15am On May 19, 2016
Tonye Barcanista Thank you for the history. We all accept they were not lazy before the discovery of Oil, but Governor Dickson is speaking to the present status of an average Niger Delta Youth.
You have no defence whatsoever. The Igbos have every reason to sulk and wail after the War and blame that on the Civil War, but see what their determination and industrial fervour has brought for them.

That Oil boom and environmental degradation has taken away a large part of your abilities doesn't support laziness.

They are the worst for it. Ask any corper or any other visitor to these SS states, you will discover that the entire system supports this. Their Secondary school students MUST be passed. No one fails or repeat classes, in spite of a general lack of brilliance in academics save for a few. Since they know they will pass in spite of all, they have all the time for cultism and other vices.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2016
Your are only struggling to prove nothing. What percentage of Yoruba youth are Agberos compared to that of the Niger Delta?
Now you will even blame it all on Gen Aguiyi Ironsi!
You no get sense.

Deadlytruth:
I have read this thread and found hypocrisy and double speak running through most comments. The first is that the same people who claim here that Edo is not part of the SS let alone Niger Delta have quickly included Benin City youths and sited examples with them in their assertions that Niger Delta Youths are lazy. I don't know when Edo has suddenly become a Niger Delta State and part of the SS now again. I thought they say Edo is part of Oodua-Arewanistan Republic? So why site examples from it on the so-called SS/Biafra issues now?

Secondly I see comments from Yorubas giving instances of their first hand experience of laziness and work refusal among Ijaws and all SS people. The irony is that Yorubaland is the only part of Nigeria where youths, in the name of agbero, refuse to farm or do any decent and respect inspiring jobs but choose to seek and get the state government's support, approval and protection to harass motorists and extort them of the little profit they make all day, and in turn the motorists hike fares on commuters in order to break even after submitting the cab owner's daily returns. Is that what defines hardwork?
It is also only in Yorubaland that youths refuse to work (despite the countless industries in Lagos and SW generally) but choose to continuously patrol their neighbourhoods looking for a person buying land, building a house, roofing, etc so that they can order the process of negotiation or actual laying of foundation or roof rafters to stop until the person pays them the unconstitutional and illegal Omonile dues, which in some cases go as far as N150,000 before work can continue. I don't know any place in the Niger Delta or SS where that is done.
It is also only Yorubas youths that would, whenever there is traffick gridlock on a major road in Lagos, quickly get a stick or a long bench and place it across the alternative routes the drivers would want to take as bypass, and then illegally start demanding for N50 per driver before they'll remove the bench or stick to allow the driver pass. I have never seen an Ijaw youth degenerate to that level of laziness that inspires him to obstruct flow of traffic when there is no riot or demonstration.
Also, it is only in Yorubaland you'll buy a piece of land and after fully paying for it, you go away to raise funds to develop it and on return you meet someone else on that land telling you that the same Omoniles have sold the same piece of land to him. Is that not duplicity inspired by laziness? I don't know of any Niger Delta area where youths double sell or even triple sell land.
Yorubas were just only lucky to have Awolowo who was far sighted, realistic, principled, tenacious, pragmatic to the extent that he risked going to jail to see that Yorubas quickly got education and a good sense of enlightenment to rapidly develop ahead of all other parts of Nigeria. Why God decided to single out Yorubas for blessing with such a leader is what I have not understood.
Unfortunately we the SS were not so lucky except for having an Enahoro who however was not allowed to lead us (and set us up for better orientation than the one we currently have) in the Midwest area by our other leaders who sheepishly followed Zik in his fraudulent "One-Nigeria" fantasy.
For the Igbos; I have not really lived much among them in the SE to know them deep on first hand basis, but I place the blame of the laziness in Nigeria wholly on them because as at independence we were practising true federalism and resource control whereby each region retained 75% of its earnings to develop itself at its own pace. By that arrangement every people were hardworking and no one waited for federal allocation or other free funds as no region was constitutionally permitted to unduly benefit from another region's resources. So whoever was lazy in his region would die of hunger. That model was working perfectly until one arrogant Igbo Army officer who knew absolutely nothing about governance came and crushed and replaced it with unitary system claiming he was seeking some silly national unity and one-Nigeria inspired in him by that blind and myopic Zik. By how much has that rash decision really brought about national unity today in Nigeria?
If Igbos had left Nigeria's federalism as they met it all this laziness in the Niger Delta, SW, North and even SE would never have been known in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by agitator: 7:32am On May 19, 2016
wirinet:
Truth they say is bitter, that is why we cringe and fill social media with vitriolic attacks on who ever dares tell us the truth to our face. Although i have never been a fan of Governor Seriake Dickson, i appreciate his frankness in telling Bayelsan (and by extension Nigerdelta) youths the absolute truth. Nigerdeltan Youths especially the men, are extremely lazy, Go to Yenagoa, Sapele, Warri, Port harcourt, etc, the story is the same, the youth are only interested in community runs, extortion and handouts from Oil companies, local, state and federal governments instead of doing physical and mental work. Give them scholarships, they sell it to non indigenes. Give them Jobs, they sell the Jobs to others and sit down at home to collect a small percentage from the non indegene they sold the jobs to. Give them money for business, they drink alcohol, party, go clubbing and have more women in their harem. As a true Nigerdeltan, i am sure you can relate to what seriake dickson is saying. I have cousins who sold the slot allocated to them by the community to Igbo boys. One of my cousin was in the committee Uduaghan set up to provide loans to youths to set up fish farms in warri. I can tell you that all the Youths collected N500,000 and disappeared into thin air.

In all your vitriolic against Governor Dickson, you did not dispute any of the points he raised.

We need a total re-orientation in the Niger delta.We have to instil the value of hard work, instead of the belief that because we have oil, we should get everything free in life. The tragedy of the Nigerdelta is that we are not producing quality leaders to lead us out of our present quagmire, instead we are producing thugs, militants and criminals as leaders.

You lied that you are an Ijaw when you listed Sapele, Port Harcourt and Warri as being Ijaw towns. This is one of the problems we have now, because of lying adults, youths no longer listen to the elders advice. angry angry angry
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by wirinet(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2016
agitator:

You lied that you are an Ijaw when you listed Sapele, Port Harcourt and Warri as being Ijaw towns. This is one of the problems we have now, because of lying adults, youths no longer listen to the elders advice. angry angry angry
Please re-read my post you quoted again and try and comprehend better.

Nowhere did i say and i am Ijaw or that the listed towns are Ijaw towns. This is what i stated;

[size=14pt] Nigerdelta Youths especially the men, are extremely lazy, Go to Yenagoa, Sapele, Warri, Port harcourt, etc, the story is the same, the youth are only interested in community runs, extortion and handouts from Oil companies, local, state and federal governments instead of doing physical and mental work.
[/size]
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by shay101: 8:16am On May 19, 2016
Omokunlex:
Ijaws are very lazy uneducated drunkards,
it is these pathetic kai kai addicts that want to bomb our Lagos, i just de shake my head.

Sometimes when you people talk u sound like you have no birthplace. Have you asked how many Bayelsians are willing and able to work but yet haven't found none. you are here supporting a Governor who hasn't been able to achieve nothing but negativity in the 5yrs he has been Governor. let him tell us how many projects he has commissioned since he became Governor. you are here calling every ijaw man lazy. I don't blame you, its the Ijaw man that insulted all Ijaws for is inability to achieve, given the mandate he was given. I'm a full blooded Ijaw man and I dare you, come meet me anywhere on any level I will flaw you. educated illiterates. How many graduates have you got in your family ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by shay101: 8:24am On May 19, 2016
Sarang:

You have and you do know well that Igbos are not Lazy or are they?
Also Majority carries the vote.
I've been to Bayelsa too and honestly they are Lazy.
You cannot compare a Bayelsa guy to an average Igbo guy.

Even as far back as 2006 that I went there,they always say they own the Nigerian money.
Not one of the Bayelsians in our yard bro,no not one goes to work.

Some smoke around. Even their father then drinks Kia kia like water.

Some of the neighbours who lived with us then already built their houses and fortunately One was a Bayelsa man married to an Igbo woman while Others are other tribes.
The ones in the backyard no get work.
Three guys in one room,no job.
When I say guys I mean grown ups.
Did I talk about women?

The last time I called it was the girls in the family that feeds them,how?
By sleeping around and now guess what? Some don born pikin.
They only good thing I learnt there was pidgin english.

It's good to want to defend your state but don't you
know that not saying anything at all wil totally ruin them.
Unless you really like the way things are going in your state then keep supporting them.

People only wanna help by talking,who knows perhaps they may actually listen.

Change comes with knowing what to do and working towards it.

what state are you from?
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:55am On May 19, 2016
faites:

When did this dependency on free oyel money start?
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Sapeleboy911(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2016
You lied @op I live and work in Bayelsa state. And I can firmly say bayelsans are lazy and I mean very very lazy most especially the youths. Imagine a state where everybody wants to eat free money without working for it. Every single businesman are being harassed by youths for one form of settlement or the other all they believe in( is seniorman make I lap u?) check the other tribes like the Hausas, ibos, and even Deltans living in the state hustling all the bayelsa man believes in is my share. For once the governor has said the simple and bitter truth. BAYELSANS ARE LAZY shikenaaaaaaa

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Miyyeti Allah Moves To Stop Cattle Sales To South, Threatens To Sue Ortom / FG To Overhaul NNPC Next Week – Kachikwu / 2019: North-West, South-West Lead In Voters Registration

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.