Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy (21303 Views)

Ijaws Are Ogogoro Sellers Who Migrated From Bayelsa - Dan Owegie, APC Chieftain / Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide / James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by AmuDimpka: 5:36pm On May 18, 2016
That is it..even the finishing they refused, schooling they wont now go learn work..for where
OBAFEMIawolowo:
since I was born, I have never seen a set of people as lazy as bayelsans. Shell run lot of programmes for the youths but they prefer not just to work. All they will tell you is "na we get oil", they go about impregnating themselves and drinking kaikai all day long.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:49pm On May 18, 2016
DropShot:

I knew. And there were many "Awos" in every region then too.
How many of these Awos has our people in Bayelsa and the entire ND had? The only time we came close was DSP Alams but again personal stuffs crept in.

As a leader, the Governor is to fix things and not blame people. If people like Awo adopt blame strategy, would things have worked? Shame to Dickhead Dickson
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by AmuDimpka: 5:50pm On May 18, 2016
vorigan:
. . . . . . . . the OP is part of the lazy Ijaw minions . . . . . . . .I have always maintained that those imps in the Niger Delta are so lazy it stinks to high heavens . . . . . . . . .I have had reason to correct one or two goons here who say northerners are lazy parasites . . . . . . . .northerners are not the lazy ones, northerners toil the soil and walk the lands, the lazy irritants are the ticks that sit about all day doing nothing (that's if they are not blowing pipelines) drinking shepks and screaming we have oyel grin grin grin

Please when it comes to laziness, I will not and never call Hausas lazy..in short they are the most hardworking tribe in Nigeria, they are the gateman, shoemakers and they farm. This is no mean feat but bayelsans...I just cant imagine when a company like SHELF, AGIP and ELF offers them job and scholarship opportunity, they will just sell it. To me its madness and height of laziness, I do not know how else to define this.
Laziness at its finest point. Dickson was absolutely right.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:30pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

By Awo I mean what he stood for and not necessarily his person.
how many awos are in igboland?

How many awos are in tivland?

how many awos are in ibinoo/efik land?

How many awos are in igalaland?

Or how many awos are in biniland?

Are these people tagged lazy?

There must be something wrong in ijaw land, the root cause is probably a dented mentality, most of the youths in ijawland believe in getting free funds from govt as oil derivative and getting several women pregnant to father another generation of lazy asses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:37pm On May 18, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
how many awos are in igboland?

How many awos are in tivland?

how many awos are in ibinoo/efik land?

How many awos are in igalaland?

Or how many awos are in biniland?

Are these people tagged lazy?

There must be something wrong in ijaw land, the root cause is probably a dented mentality, most of the youths in ijawland believe in getting free funds from govt as oil derivative and getting several women pregnant to father another generation of lazy asses.
Aside Igboland and Yoruba land, are the rest more productive than the Ijaws?

4 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:47pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

yes, tiv, Bini Ibibio/efik are more productive than ijaws.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Opistorincos(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2016
e no consign us
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by ilovetheline: 8:30pm On May 18, 2016
Bayelsans are not lazy. I second this

3 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Appareil(m): 8:35pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not from Bayelsa state, but as a proud Ijaw son from Rivers state, I find the remarks credited to HE Gov Seriake Dickson where he termed the good people of Bayelsa state, and by extension Ijaw people as lazy. This subject is trending on social media platforms including twitter and palmchat, and I feel slighted.

Is Seriake Dickson aware that he only indicted himself and his unfortunate government by that comment, and not Bayelsa people?

A Brief History
Please permit me to take us down history lane for a moment.

The Ijaw people are predominantly fishermen. Our fathers and mothers would go to the rivers to catch fish and trade for a living. In fact, we never depend on any handouts from any group, whether the white British or government. Even when palm oil was one of the main source of revenue, our people never abandoned fishing.

However, when oil was discovered in commercial quantity in Oloibiri, Bayelsa state and upon exploration by Oil Companies, our people started losing their predominant fishing occupation due to land acquisition, pollution and water pollution. It became so bad that our young men started to take to oil bunkering to erk living. All these happened because Government at ALL levels and oil companies abandoned our land and people. This reckless abandon even contributed to the first ever secession group in post independent Nigeria, the Niger Delta Republic led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro in 1966.

I believe we would have stuck to our fishing if our waters weren't polluted or if oil wasn't discovered in our land.

Sadly, the government at all level despite the loss of our natural occupation refused to empower our people and retrain our youths. The FG setup intervention Agency like OMAPADEC/NDDC but the agency have not met expectation despite the huge funds they get.

Oil Companies would rather bribe local chiefs and thugs instead of employing and empowering youths. State government and local politicians like Mr Seriake Dickson would rather arm youths to win election and settle them with appointment/allowing them freehand to perpetrate criminality instead of working to emancipate the youths.

They have instilled a kind of psyche that thuggery pays and for the fact that an hungry man is naturally desperate, he would lazy to expect free meal.

An Indictment On Dickson
Pray tell what has Dickson done for Bayelsa state to uplift them intellectually? Does Bayelsa have any functioning state Orientation Agency?

Ex-Gov Alamesiegha not only introduce scholarship to encourage thousands bayelsans to get the best education abroad, he also paid the scholars stipends, and increased the bursary of those in higher institution to the envy of non Bayelsans. This he did in addition to establishing the state university. What can be said of Seriake Dickson?

How do you empower people in absence of education? How do you expect people not to be lazy without proper skill acquisition? Our people are very good swimmers but has the BYSG ever deem it fit to sponsor Ijaws to be professional swimmers like the Australians?

Who gave out guns during the last election in Bayelsa state?

What Does He Expect From Bayelsans?
They incapacitated Bayelsans of their God giving fishing occupation, they refused to empower the community and the youths, they refused to train them with skill acquisition, they even refused to provide environment. Instead they empower thugs and even elevate their thugs to government position. In addition, The local politicians, monarchs and Oil Companies together deliberately cheat the people.

What do we expect from such a people?

Dickson and his cohorts should be grateful that Bayelsans have not taken to criminality, armed robbery and ritual killing.

The only crime of the good people of Bayelsa state is that they are not well orientated like their Yoruba and Igbo neighbours. Even at that, it remains the fault of the government at all level.

Bayelsans are not lazy, Ijaws are not lazy. Bayelsans are only victims of maladministration and faulty political system. Dickson should leave Bayelsans off his failed leadership.

Long Live Ijaw Nation!!!!! Long Live Niger Delta!!!! Long Live Bayelsa State!!!

PS: God Bless The Lady that promised me Tecno L8.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
God bless Tonye.

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Angelahoney: 8:35pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:
They are not just lazy but FANTASTICALLY lazy

If the fishing Business you claim sustained them in the past was done with diligence,they wouldn't have abandoned itina hurry at least not for thuggery and other endangered jobs.
Good orientation starts from the family,religious bodies and schools before the Government gives it a finishing touches

What can you say about their attitudes to hard-working Igbo businessmen and women in their area that they extort anyhow at any slight given opportunity?

You pay the Lazy Youths "land money" to offload your goods in your country, pay tax to the Youths and other unnecessary levies to the lazy idiots.

You did not read the post well. He said that our lands and waters were destroyed by oil.

@Dickson is a nutcase. He's very ungrateful. The very youths that he armed to fight for him are niw lazy. What has he done to better their lives ?
He's owing civil servants in his state and yet he has the guts to opennhis gutter.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Natotogokillme: 8:37pm On May 18, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
since I was born, I have never seen a set of people as lazy as bayelsans. Shell run lot of programmes for the youths but they prefer not just to work. All they will tell you is "na we get oil", they go about impregnating themselves and drinking kaikai all day long.
Shut up! grin grin
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by origima: 8:39pm On May 18, 2016
Ijaws are not only lazy according to there reputable son and leader but crazy.very very lazy crazy set of vandals.oil oil oil and oil so what?

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by kennsville(m): 8:40pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not from Bayelsa state, but as a proud Ijaw son from Rivers state, I find the remarks credited to HE Gov Seriake Dickson where he termed the good people of Bayelsa state, and by extension Ijaw people as lazy. This subject is trending on social media platforms including twitter and palmchat, and I feel slighted.

Is Seriake Dickson aware that he only indicted himself and his unfortunate government by that comment, and not Bayelsa people?

A Brief History

The Ijaw people are predominantly fishermen. Our fathers and mothers would go to the rivers to catch fish and trade for a living. In fact, we never depend on any handouts from any group, whether the white British or government. Even when palm oil was one of the main source of revenue, our people never abandoned fishing.
guess he meant present day youth

However, when oil was discovered in commercial quantity in Oloibiri, Bayelsa state and upon exploration by Oil Companies, our people started losing their predominant fishing occupation due to land acquisition, pollution and water pollution. It became so bad that our young men started to take to oil bunkering to erk living. All these happened because Government at ALL levels and oil companies abandoned our land and people. This reckless abandon even contributed to the first ever secession group in post independent Nigeria, the Niger Delta Republic led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro in 1966.

I believe we would have stuck to our fishing if our waters weren't polluted or if oil wasn't discovered in our land.

Sadly, the government at all level despite the loss of our natural occupation refused to empower our people and retrain our youths. The FG setup intervention Agency like OMAPADEC/NDDC but the agency have not met expectation despite the huge funds they get.

Oil Companies would rather bribe local chiefs and thugs instead of employing and empowering youths. State government and local politicians like Mr Seriake Dickson would rather arm youths to win election and settle them with appointment/allowing them freehand to perpetrate criminality instead of working to emancipate the youths.

They have instilled a kind of psyche that thuggery pays and for the fact that an hungry man is naturally desperate, he would lazy to expect free meal.

An Indictment On Dickson
Pray tell what has Dickson done for Bayelsa state to uplift them intellectually? Does Bayelsa have any functioning state Orientation Agency?

Ex-Gov Alamesiegha not only introduce scholarship to encourage thousands bayelsans to get the best education abroad, he also paid the scholars stipends, and increased the bursary of those in higher institution to the envy of non Bayelsans. This he did in addition to establishing the state university. What can be said of Seriake Dickson?

How do you empower people in absence of education? How do you expect people not to be lazy without proper skill acquisition? Our people are very good swimmers but has the BYSG ever deem it fit to sponsor Ijaws to be professional swimmers like the Australians?

They incapacitated Bayelsans of their God giving fishing occupation, they refused to empower the community and the youths, they refused to train them with skill acquisition, they even refused to provide environment. Instead they empower thugs and even elevate their thugs to government position. In addition, The local politicians, monarchs and Oil Companies together deliberately cheat the people.

Dickson and his cohorts should be grateful that Bayelsans have not taken to criminality, armed robbery and ritual killing.

The only crime of the good people of Bayelsa state is that they are not well orientated like their Yoruba and Igbo neighbours. Even at that, it remains the fault of the government at all level.

Bayelsans are not lazy, Ijaws are not lazy. Bayelsans are only victims of maladministration and faulty political system. Dickson should leave Bayelsans off his failed leadership.

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:42pm On May 18, 2016
Natotogokillme:

Shut up! grin grin
natotogokillyou cheesy
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 18, 2016
Op dem don let u out again abi.

I cant read that crap
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by CecyAdrian(f): 8:45pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Yes oooo!! All the rest especially Tiv, Igala, people who up till now believe in their strength and ability to provide for themselves and not rely on anyone or government

1 Like

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Dickson should have said this before the election. I pray court nullifies his election

yeah they should nullify it because he focused the laser on y'all lazy asses.... bunch of xenophobic lazy arse clowns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 18, 2016
Angelahoney:

You did not read the post well. He said that our lands and waters were destroyed by oil.

@Dickson is a nutcase. He's very ungrateful. The very youths that he armed to fight for him are niw lazy. What has he done to better their lives ?
He's owing civil servants in his state and yet he has the guts to opennhis gutter.

Dickson knew that your land and water has been destroyed..... that is why he forced oil firms to give employment to the locals even if they are not qualified..... but guess what y'all lazy asses sold the job so y'all can whine and biitch around and complain of marginalization.

in the words of your illiterate mother excellency.... Kontunu

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

MY BROTHER I JUST LEFT THE HOME OF A STUPENDOUSLY LAZY IJAW MAN. SITTING AT HOME AND BUILDING CASTLES IN THE AIR.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by BizLife(m): 9:00pm On May 18, 2016
We should remember that these people are our fellow citizens.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by YourFatherYansh: 9:01pm On May 18, 2016
Bro.....ur people ain't juz lazy by emphatically lazy ass. .......Evry youth in dat region gat a sence of entitlement dat he should be working in shell, Total, Agip, Chevron etc.....wat da f.uck.....

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by UnknownT: 9:01pm On May 18, 2016
Sports betting is the next oyel, you will see one person has merrybet, nairabet, winasbet, bet9ja tickets in a day, meaning the person virtually sleeps in betting shops. all this I noticed in Portharcourt

4 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by justmenoni: 9:02pm On May 18, 2016
Apc = pdp

Penaldo:
Pdp is Apc
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by nextstep(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

If the fishing Business you claim sustained them in the past was done with diligence,they wouldn't have abandoned it in a hurry at least not for thuggery and other endangered jobs.

Hard to fish when your waters are heavily polluted with spilled oil... and doubly hard to sell polluted fish.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by papparatzzi2013: 9:04pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista, from the comments of most people that I have read, you can deduce that most people agree with Dickson. Though he is a nut head for calling his people lazg.

Maybe that is his way of making the Niger Delta youths to wake up from their slumber and stop being lazy.

"Our Oyel" mentality actually killed that region. Imagine the Yorubas or Igbos having access to the opportunities you guys have and what they would have achieved with it. I am sure by now Harvard Yale Cambridge LSE Oxford MIT and other Ivy League schools would have banned Nigerians from applying to their schools.

There is an urgent need to re-orientate the minds of an average youth of ND. This requires a visionary and bold leadership that drive and inspire those seemingly lost youths. Do you have such personality in the region?

4 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by preyeamaoru(m): 9:07pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

If the fishing Business you claim sustained them in the past was done with diligence,they wouldn't have abandoned itina hurry at least not for thuggery and other endangered jobs.
Good orientation starts from the family,religious bodies and schools before the Government gives it a finishing touches

What can you say about their attitudes to hard-working Igbo businessmen and women in their area that they extort anyhow at any slight given opportunity?

You pay the Lazy Youths "land money" to offload your goods in your country, pay tax to the Youths and other unnecessary levies to the lazy idiots.
guy ijaws re not lazy becos d bunkery polluted the water and d fish intake became low
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 9:07pm On May 18, 2016
Dickson had the likes of Barcanista in mind when he called their people lazy?
Well, my take is that the Op is not only fantastically lazy, but phenomenally and extraordinarilly idle.
No offeinse angry

2 Likes

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:07pm On May 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

A Brief History

An Indictment On Dickson

If they arent lazy they wont be drinking ogogoro early in d morning & expect their women 2 feed dem while they re waiting 4 free oyel money.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by lonelydora: 9:09pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

My brother, you said it all. I have never seen people as lazy as Niger Delta youths. In the office, in business areas, they only want to get salary without working.
Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by P4paulaa(f): 9:20pm On May 18, 2016
Heiii, this is Bt bashing Bt the really truth
Ariani:
I can see that it's Niger Delta/ Ijaw bashing that is currently trending in Nairaland.

Funny that Igbo people that are always at the receiving end of this senseless bashing from Nairalanders have developed short memory and have joined Nigerians to continue the bashing of Niger deltans.

Ngwanu, make una continuu( in PEJ voice). Anya Nkiri
kam no.

Re: Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy by honeychild(f): 9:23pm On May 18, 2016
@TonyeBarcanista you probably do not spend enough time amongst your people or you would never attempt to justify their lazy attitude. My firm handled some legal/community issues for an oil servicing company some years back. It was hilarious and changed my attitude completely towards oil company "host communities"

When they are asked to submit names of their people for non skilled labour, when the list comes it's full of igbo names. They have sold their slots.

I know of three communities where the oil servicing company was just paying the youths a salary. As in there was a list of over three hundred young men who collect salary every month without doing a days job. The company representative said it was better that way, because if you tell them to work, they won't obey instructions and you can't discipline them because they are "indegenes"

Or is it the community that took Elf to court because they wanted Elf to build them a community center instead of primary school that Elf wanted to build for them?

Abeg.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Won’t Stop Bombing, Militants Tell FG / FFK: Welcome Home Dino, It Is Not Good Enough To Say That You Are Leaving Buhari / Adamawa: DSS To Commence Investigation Over Attack On Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.