Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding (34271 Views)

Wakanda Forever: The New Viral Pose At Nigerian Wedding Receptions (photos) / Wedding Cake Depicting A Nigerian Wedding (Photos) / Money Rained Uncontrollably At A Nigerian Wedding (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by SHOOPSYN(m): 8:27pm On May 21, 2016
You must have been going to party from the age of 5years. ;DYou must have been going to party from the age of 5years.
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Leo2flex(m): 8:33pm On May 21, 2016
khalhokage:
grin lol, NSG don come again.

But it's a two step process for me
1. Watch the delicious and aromatic rice pass you by like 5 times
2. The next time they're passing by, stand up, block him/her like a goalkeeper and collect one plate.
Lol, I no fit laugh oooooo
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Leo2flex(m): 8:34pm On May 21, 2016
corisande:
grin cheesy I had a good laugh reading this
Seriously
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Leo2flex(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2016
Adortem:
Very funny,they usually search faces to serve,so sit with the mama and papa of the ceremony. My secret is I usually eat before going to a party so if I don't eat,I simply don't care!
Correct, I really don't have it in mind I'm gonna eat, if it comes well, and if it doesn't there's nothing I can do
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by brunofarad(m): 8:38pm On May 21, 2016
Lol

stingbreed:
I de always see u de nod wall & till now the wall never break,,, i get sledge hammer o just incase u need am sad
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by anigold(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2016
yemmit90:
The best thing is to attend only the ceremonies you would be respected as one of important guests.

Those special foods or meat you see them avoiding serving to just anybody are usually been keeping for some important guests.

ahahahahahaha the OP is really a comediene like seriously all these for food. All i know is that Gentleman no de eat for Lagos wedding .,because the way users serve food is mostimes wonderful,especially if one of the usher's Boyfriend is around,she will do everything humanly possible to feed him with all the drinks/food in the process jumping over other tables/guests,if you are lucky to sit on the same table with her boyfriend ..you go chop taya lol especially ushers with big asses.....
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by BNLR(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2016
Stop attending uninvited events. You are not helping the economy.

Celebrant should also approach proffesional events planner to avoid uninvited guest at your party. It is dangerous.
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by anigold(m): 8:50pm On May 21, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Op... Impress who?
I go follow you hustle the remaining food oo...
Better not sit near me...
loltongue
op most Naija boys now no dey form ooo,, so no even think am...

1 Like

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by anigold(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2016
XtraSmooth404:
Haba @Naijasinglegirl, has it gone that bad? cheesy
you must be living in aso rock not in Nigeria ,sister or brother a bag of rice is more expensive than tecno Ipad. A bag of rice is now N15,500..

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by anigold(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2016
jeffizy:
Lol.
Usually, friends of the bride and groom suffer this fate most.
Especially the groom's men.
After dancing kukere with your paddy to the front, all seats are taken.
The bride and groom are too happy to notice their train members are floating.
Painful, I tell ya!
Truth
hahahahaha my advice but it may not work for you if you were crushing on one of the bridal train sisters;

go to the reception venue with a food flask make friends with one of the ushers and pass the food flask to her...

1 Like

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by anigold(m): 9:03pm On May 21, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
Awww...Crying
abeg stop this lol.
Naija babes no de cry,they only cry when the misplace their brazilian hair wey been cost N250,000
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by meisterkitan(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2016
oluwanoni:
my parents once went to a wedding, even pure them no see drink, they ended up eating in shoprite, personally if I am going to a party where someone that knows someone that's knows someone that knows the bride or groom, I make sure I eat before I come but if I know the bride or groom, one na serve yourself if them pass me by.

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by meisterkitan(m): 9:12pm On May 21, 2016
BNLR:
Stop attending uninvited events. You are not helping the economy.

Celebrant should also approach proffesional events planner to avoid uninvited guest at your party. It is dangerous.

Preach bro preach!!!!
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by dipznano: 9:22pm On May 21, 2016
This cracked me cheesy

I remember overhearing a babe at a wedding narrate to her friend 'three weddings now I've not been served, 1st one I sat in front food no reach, 2nd one I sat towards d back food no reach, now Today I sat in d middle ppl in d front and back ate, dem con talk say meat don finish to serve ppl for middle' cry

Omo since den if I go party I dey look out for dah babe, na to sit opposite her location... grin

1 Like

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by shearer1982(m): 9:24pm On May 21, 2016
Number 7 tho.!
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Sanchase: 9:36pm On May 21, 2016
A couple of a years ago, I attended a wedding reception with my cousins and when we were barely seated, one old lady in matron uniform who was obviously an uninvited guest claimed the last vacant seat.
Before I could say ‘Jollof’, she pulled out a Sacks&Motors bag and began fiddling with it. The wine was the first thing that went missing, followed by two cans of coke and all the disposable cups. When I asked her if she had seen ‘our wine’, she pointed at the juice grin grin grin grin.
Later she kept hovering around the kitchen area and I saw her quarrelling for souvenirs. Needless to say, when the reception ended, our lucky lady left with a full Sack&Motors bag. The only thing she didn’t go home with was the bride’s bouquet.
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by dipznano: 9:41pm On May 21, 2016
She most be sentenced to death angry

1 Like

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by dipznano: 9:57pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=Kachisbarbie post=45842414]
I am very serious. By the way, they don't usually serve what I want, I am more inclined to eat fufu and any well cooked soup than jollof rice.

Ur self proclaimed affinity to fufu sounds odd tho' lool

U must av six packs grin
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Charles4075(m): 10:09pm On May 21, 2016
Op, you're so on point about those women bringing sacks to wedding reception... There was this ceremony I and my dad attended at osun state, ile-ife to be precise and you need to see what this lady sitting with us did..

Ushers: Good Afternoon, would you prefer jollof or fried?
Me: Nah, thanks sis... Smiling at her.
Dad: Nah too.. Thanks
Lady: Yes, please jollof.

Usher served her, only for her to signal another usher that nothing has been served at the table and requested for another and she kept on doing that like 4 times till her sack was full. I and my dad couldn't say anything cos she was speaking her dialect and we wouldn't want to incure her wrath.

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Naikkie(f): 10:13pm On May 21, 2016
Funny OP.

For me at a wedding that I am well known, I simply approach the person in charge of the food who is likely to be a family member and I request to serve everyone on my table. This I have done twice. The third one, I was specifically called to serve uncles and aunties. But this can only happen if you are a well known cousin sitting with other cousins and probably among the youngest of the cousins. And either the bride or groom is a cousin too...lol.
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by LegendaryArnold(m): 10:20pm On May 21, 2016
All this one na long thing.....just tip the waiter simple.
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 21, 2016
[quote author=dipznano post=45845875][/quote]

funny you.
It is my favourite food, I ate it this morning sef.
No I don't have 6packs. Rice bores me... embarassed
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by addicted268(f): 10:23pm On May 21, 2016
Very funny topic grin
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Aida13: 10:36pm On May 21, 2016
At the last wedding (my bro's) I saw a few of my pals sit next to the buffet table thinking they hit the jackpot.... Alas the servers started serving from the front of the loooong hall. My pals got food finally but hehe it took time. Food is not guaranteed when you sit close to the pot... Lesson.
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by callmelanner(m): 10:45pm On May 21, 2016
Naija which way cry sad
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Bianda24: 10:57pm On May 21, 2016
The secret of having enough food to eat at any occasion is 1. Dress well. 2. Put small change in your pocket. Do u know what you will do with the money. Like 200naira, give it to one of the waiters or servers, the guy will serve you to your satisfaction. I have been doing it and its working for me. Try it. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by mikejones84: 11:21pm On May 21, 2016
Intreseting. But will u do, if it happens to be that u are one of the ushers and u forgot to eat hoping to eat later. Only to realise that u ve actually served everything out with out knowing. Cos I was a victim!

1 Like

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Abbeytoy(m): 11:25pm On May 21, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
don’t think there anything more painful than watching others eat their share of the wedding jollof rice while the only thing you were able to get is serviette to dry your tears.
I’m usually so mad that once I leave the wedding, I stop by nearest fast food and throw a wedding buffet where I am the only attendee.
I have been a victim far too many times that I have been left with no choice but to research on all the possible ways to avoid this.

See below;

1. Pick the right table
Choose a table closest to where the food is being kept (If it’s a buffet) or where the influential people are seated to minimise the chances of being missed. E.g The mummies of the day canopy.
Some ‘big girls’ are fond of seating far away from the crowd then cry foul when they don’t get food.
Ushers assume five things which affects your chances of getting food.
– You are an uninvited guest.
– You are waiting for someone.
– You are too big to eat.
– You are waiting to clean the arena.
– You were not noticed when food was being served.
– You are the groom’s wicked ex.

2. Don’t let strangers sit with you
Most event decors at wedding receptions usually arrange a table for five or six. Assuming you attend a wedding reception alone or with a friend, there’s a high probability you would sit with four or more strangers at your table, who may be chronic long throats.
If this happens, the small-chops, cake, drinks, wine and whatever was kept on the table before the reception commenced are at risk!
Don NOT LET this happen! Lie the seat is already occupied if you have to.

A couple of a years ago, I attended a wedding reception with my cousins and when we were barely seated, one old lady in matron uniform who was obviously an uninvited guest claimed the last vacant seat.
Before I could say ‘Jollof’, she pulled out a Sacks&Motors bag and began fiddling with it. The wine was the first thing that went missing, followed by two cans of coke and all the disposable cups. When I asked her if she had seen ‘our wine’, she pointed at the juice.
Later she kept hovering around the kitchen area and I saw her quarrelling for souvenirs. Needless to say, when the reception ended, our lucky lady left with a full Sack&Motors bag. The only thing she didn’t go home with was the bride’s bouquet.

3. Sit with the gang you came with
Or people you are familiar with. This is the only way you’d be able to eat comfortably or call the police to arrest anyone that attempts to cheat you of your share of small-chops on the table.
Alternatively, you can try the head-girl method. Let me explain;
If I attend a wedding alone, what I usually do is make friends with kids I feel I can dominate during the church service so I can trick them to sit with me when the reception begins.

4. Sit with a guy
Naturally, guys would try to respect themselves at wedding receptions especially if they are trying to impress a girl.
Is any guy at the wedding hitting on you? Accept the invitation to sit with him and his group of friends.
Congratulations!
You’ve just earned yourself all the 6 packs of small chops on the table.

5 Smile when food is being shared
Ushers are more inclined to serve your table if you maintain a cheerful disposition. At least for the sake of the innocent people seated with you, SMILE! Put yourself in the ushers shoes, won’t you avoid serving the table where those seated wear a perpetual frown?

6 Compliment the ushers
Ladies naturally love compliments. Before the reception commences, tell an usher her teeth look nice, you admire the way she’s diligent at her job, you like the way her conscience radiates or she’s the most beautiful girl at the wedding and I, Naijasinglegirl, solemnly promise you won’t go home hungry in Jesus name.

7 Arrive early
If you arrive late to a wedding reception, you are on your own! First, all seats would be occupied and no one would serve you food while you are standing. Secondly, you stand a high chance of missing the exact time for item 7.
In fact, the only reason you should arrive late is if you are coming from a buffet or if your dietician recommended left-over cold jollof rice with no meat for you.

9 Be calm
If for whatever reasons, the ushers skip you when food was being served, even after you raise your head and kept whistling “Shhhhhhh excuse me. Hello? Excus…excuse meeeeeee,” stay calm.
Remain where you are, bend your head slowly on the table and cry your eyes out if it makes you feel better. Serviet to wipe your tears are always in excess, remember.
The last thing you want to do is switch to rows or columns where food hasn’t been served yet. You would only end up embarrassing yourself since ushers usually serve in a haphazard manner. If you have answers for accusations like, “I thought I saw you there earlier!”, “I gave you food,” “Madam please go back to your seat,” “Which kind long throat you be,” etc
By all means, continue chasing the ushers from row to row.

To summarise, if all else fails, realise shit happens and it is not the last wedding reception in world. I wish you success in your next wedding.

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/get-food-nigerian-wedding/

I can't laugh oooooo.
Weldon Op, it's very funny and real.
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by spinna: 11:27pm On May 21, 2016
the Op has masters in owambe-ology
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Ndipe(m): 12:08am On May 22, 2016
Na wao!
Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by Mykcool(m): 12:10am On May 22, 2016
Funjosh:
That is why I don't like attending weddings, but you just try attend a grandpa or grandma burial ceremony and see that the Lord is good cool
how many grandma/grandpa you get?? Abi ur own dey rise up?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding by fweshmax44(m): 12:55am On May 22, 2016
Adortem:
Very funny,they usually search faces to serve,so sit with the mama and papa of the ceremony. My secret is I usually eat before going to a party so if I don't eat,I simply don't care!
Liar...you care and E pain you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Father Cries As He Gives Out His Daughter In Marriage - States Emotional Reason / Loaves Of Bread And Crates Of Eggs Shared As Souvenir At Nigerian Party (Video) / Obituary Of A Nigerian Woman & Her 17-Year-Old Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.