Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Dr Oladipo Fashina (JINGO) Retires, OAU Community Will Surely Miss You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr Oladipo Fashina (JINGO) Retires, OAU Community Will Surely Miss You (1445 Views)

Emman O. Emma (eoe) Warns Oau Community: Fire! Danger!! Fire!!! / Dipo Fashina (jingo): The Best Professor That Never Was At 70 / Top Funny Photos That Will Surely Make Your Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dr Oladipo Fashina (JINGO) Retires, OAU Community Will Surely Miss You by gannycute: 8:23am On May 19, 2016
No one attended OAU Ile-Ife without coming across the enigma “JINGO” as Dr. Oladipo Fashina is fondly called. He would come to his classes right on the dot of the lecture hour. He simplified otherwise boring Philosophy lectures through his pedagogic techniques, vivid examples, homegrown analogies and spontaneous invention of names (e.g. Jingo, Bombata, Bonboko etc) to illustrate. He would remove his trademark sandals right on the podium to drive home his points. His shirts' sleeves sometimes served as the duster on the chalkboards; he was the only lecturer that had full command of the tumultuous crowd that was typical of most 100 level courses. He once gave a deadline for submission of a class Assignment as 12 midnight of a Sunday; we were stupefied when we tried slotting our papers underneath his office door at 12.05 and Jingo was pushing it back from the other side of the closed door. An Activist to the core, a thorn in the flesh of IBB regime. An attempt to arrest him by the SSS led to two of the SSS men been ‘arrested’ and ‘detained’ by the ever vigilant Great Ife students. Their car, a white Peugeot 504 SR, was to become a relic at the courtyard of Awo Hall for years. I got so indoctrinated with his teachings that I took more philosophy courses than required for my degree. His tenure later as the ASUU national president was revolutionary. As Dr. Oladipo Fashina (Jingo) bows out of OAU after 40 years of molding lives, I say with clenched fist ALUTA CONTINUA ad infinitum.
Original writer: Itafa Olayemi Olaboye
Cc... Fynestboi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Oladipo Fashina (JINGO) Retires, OAU Community Will Surely Miss You by saaedlee: 8:25am On May 19, 2016
Great man, really great man, heard of him years back.
Re: Dr Oladipo Fashina (JINGO) Retires, OAU Community Will Surely Miss You by mudic(m): 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2021
I see him everyday now. Where I'm serving hope to know more of him

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Place To Do My Internship !!! / Open Letter To The Vice Chancellor University Of Ilorin / Undergraduate Law Student Wins Best Bum Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.