Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,786 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) (50104 Views)

FG To Generate Electricity From Uranium: Facts About Uranium You Should Know / How Possible Are The Pictures Of The Milky Way Taken From Outside The Galaxy? / Gas Cloud Flung Out Of Milky Way Is Coming Back For Revenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Breakdbond: 10:14am On May 24, 2016
girl4rmspace:
I have travelled through space and time and i say this, I dont want this galaxy to merge with andomeda, there are aliens on that galaxy that would do harm to your galaxy.

I know this because they have attacked other small galaxies in the past including my own galaxy. Which is why i came to reside in the milky way and chose earth as my home

how do these alliens look like? please share with us
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:19am On May 24, 2016
tboibamz:
Truly interesting. Kudos to you op.

All these facts that science has proved is summed up in these Words:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth(Genesis 1:1)

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them (Genesis 2:1)

...He also made the stars (Genesis 1:16)

To GOD be the Glory folks. HE'S indeed a Faithful Creator.

Nice one. even before Nasa existed over 6000yrs ago the Bible has mentioned about the stars. the Bible also recorded abouts Seas and how they are connected. years before Man discovered them.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by KpagoGIN(m): 10:24am On May 24, 2016
johnydon22:
so anything not written in the bible is nonsense to you?

This exactly when religious beliefs becomes dangerous, it diminishes our youths and mars our intellectual evolution keeping Africa in sheepish ignorance that even the whites who brought these religions here have abandoned it.

well i don't see "Phone" in the bible why are you using one, drop the ancient book and pick up educating books this is the 21st century not a bronze age period.

#Sighs . . . I weak

Even me tire for the post
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:27am On May 24, 2016
kindworld:
The question is did all this come by chance? sure an intelligent being must have put them in place. There must be a ctreator, for there to be a cause there must be an effect!

This idiots believe that the entire universe came into existence by chance. but they themselves will never leave their lives to chance to create same orderliness.
They still plan.co- ordinate and excute plans for the betterment of their pathetic lives. while claiming that this Universe that is several times more complex came by chance. is that not Insanity?

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2016
Psylas:
I'm the GOD

Idiot .I am the god. am sure you are using MTN 10MB free weekly offer to post this trash and yet you are claiming your head. clown.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2016
Psylas:
can you prove it or you just read it from your bible
I don't know why it's hard for you to believe the Universe created itself
but you be someone came from nowhere and started creating things,

Have you been to NASA? in your life have you ever seen a Live Telescope? but you believe by faith what Nasa told you.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:39am On May 24, 2016
Crixina:
Sometimes I just want to doubt the existence of God, but all these is a just a reminder that he does exist and he is supreme.

I mean how can Man explain this, let me paraphrase a quote from Lucien(TO)

" There are huge, great and inexplicable things in this world and in the face of them, man is nothing".

Nice point. girl
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:40am On May 24, 2016
Crixina:
but one can't also discredit science like that guy tried to do.

Science have helped to prove that their is God.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2016
tobimillar:
Johnydon22, thanks for these, may the Almighty God reward you. This is coming at a time when my faith and believe in the Bible and my creator is wavering. But now, reading thru all this I am convinced beyond measures that indeed, there MUST have been a creator. If the source of the Universe are nebulars and the source of nebulars are hydrogen.... who created the first hydrogen source? The universe and it's habitants on earth and other planets in the great universe (possibly) is too complex to have just happened by itself..

Lol...... Nice point bro. their foolish article to discredit God. ends up uplifting people's faith and establishing the fact that only an intelligent being could have made the universe not chance or Evolution.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 10:47am On May 24, 2016
Breakdbond:

how do these alliens look like? please share with us

they are the stuff of nightmares, trust me, movies didnt do justice to how scary these guys look. There are so many breeds of these creatures i dont even know where to start
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 10:49am On May 24, 2016
micodon:

We are being serious here, woman
i never said i was joking mr
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by micodon(m): 10:50am On May 24, 2016
girl4rmspace:

i never said i was joking mr
You showed
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Breakdbond: 10:54am On May 24, 2016
girl4rmspace:

they are the stuff of nightmares, trust me, movies didnt do justice to how scary these guys look. There are so many breeds of these creatures i dont even know where to start
ok...so when did u arrive earth?
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Nobody: 10:57am On May 24, 2016
johnydon22:
It hasn't always being that big

So the milky way at the starting point of it's evolution hasn't always being this big, it has been averagely small.

then how did it get this big?

By preying on other smaller galaxies. There are lots and lots of galaxies in the universe all swirling around in a dance of gravitational music, so there is bound to be random collisions all around.

Massive galaxies can pull in smaller galaxies gravitationally and finally they collide and merge and the galaxy becomes bigger.

this was exactly how the Milky Way became bigger, by preying on smaller galaxies accumulating more and more galaxies and gets bigger.

The latest of it's prey is The Carnis Major Dwarf Galaxy whose stars are slowly being drifted into the Milky Way galaxy, soon the entire galaxy will be merged with the milky way and it will become even bigger.

Please, how can i convert this thing into money ?
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 11:03am On May 24, 2016
Breakdbond:
ok...so when did u arrive earth?
7years ago. Its a very peaceful place unlike what i used to know
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by tk4rd: 11:04am On May 24, 2016
johnydon22:
The galaxy has more dark matter than ordinary matter

The universe literally has more dark matter than ordinary matter... in the universal scale.

Dark energy is up to 68%
Dark matter is up to 27.8%
And ordinary matter (conventional matter, stars, nebulas and every other normal matter) is less than 5%

-What is Dark matter?
Dark matter is an unconventional unknown type of matter that is blind to electromagnetic spectrums and therefore cannot be seen (which mostly is because our sight is dependant on light - electromagnetism ) it can nonetheless be detected by the distortion of light and it's gravitational effects.

Our galaxy is surrounded by an enormous halo of dark matter that exceeds the normal matter which adds a humongous mass to the entire mass of the galaxy.

Since dark matter is invisible to us it is also speculated that the earth is even surrounded by it

Cc. lalasticlala
Dark Matter.? Dark Energy.? They cannot be seen or felt physically, yet it adds a humongous mass to the galaxy.? It even surround the earth and occupies every voids that are not occupied by physical matter.?
Scientists believe that dark matter exists, and it is invisible and immaterial; yet its has more mass than the existing physical matter..
Wait a minute..
Am I missing something here.?
What is it exactly that exists in the nothingness of nothing that scientists call Dark Matter and Dark Energy.?
How can "Voids" have more mass than the things that already exist.?? (Bearing in mind that these Voids consists of "Total Vacuum"; not even stray gas molecules exist in them).
And scientists believe it.??
That Vacuum is heavier than physical matter.??
They must be MAD...
Scientists don't believe in any other form of existence other than the physical, they base all their theories on the physical; yet this so called physical existence accounts for only 4.2% of the universe.
They so much believe in the invisible "Voids" that are so "Heavy", yet they don't know what it is, neither can they describe or explain its "heaviness"..
Very soon, some mathematically generated theories would be proposed and put forward in an attempt to solve the paradox..
#PITY

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Breakdbond: 11:06am On May 24, 2016
girl4rmspace:

7years ago. Its a very peaceful place unlike what i used to know
nice..are you leaving earth anytime soon?

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 11:07am On May 24, 2016
ValentineMary:

And I believe ur father paid ur school fees to learn. U just go waste ur papa money for school.

And wat have U learnt? with all the Sciences why have they not discocered the power over death. or the cure to cancer,Aids,ageing,
why have Science not discovered the pillars holding the Clouds, or understand the complexity of protein cells, why have science not stopped earthquake and Famines. i thought science is allknowning.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ValentineMary(m): 11:12am On May 24, 2016
blueAgent:

And wat have U learnt? with all the Sciences why have they not discocered the power over death. or the cure to cancer,Aids,ageing,
why have Science not discovered the pillars holding the Clouds, or understand the complexity of protein cells, why have science not stopped earthquake and Famines. i thought science is allknowning.
This is laughable. For ur info, protein is not a cell. O boy! go wash plate ur mama dey call u. Leave science for adults.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 11:15am On May 24, 2016
Breakdbond:

nice..are you leaving earth anytime soon?

maybe, i age slower than humans, the lifespan of my race is 600 years.. Am just 150 year old, so if my human friends and family get old and die, i might leave
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ValentineMary(m): 11:15am On May 24, 2016
tk4rd:
Dark Matter.? Dark Energy.? They cannot be seen or felt physically, yet it adds a humongous mass to the galaxy.? It even surround the earth and occupies every voids that are not occupied by physical matter.?
Scientists believe that dark matter exists, and it is invisible and immaterial; yet its has more mass than the existing physical matter..
Wait a minute..
Am I missing something here.?
What is it exactly that exists in the nothingness of nothing that scientists call Dark Matter and Dark Energy.?
How can "Voids" have more mass that the things that already exist.??
And scientists believe it.??
They must be MAD
Have u heard of gravitational lensing used to measure d mass of dark matter?? if not, just shut up let others see space to buy land.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2016
tboibamz:

Because that when they knew GOD,they glorified HIMnot as GOD,neither were thankful;BUT BECAME VAIN IN THEIR IMAGINATIONS,AND THEIR FOOLISH HEART WAS DARKENED,

PROFESSING THEMSELVES TO BE WISE,THEY BECAME FOOLS

ROMANS 1:21,22

please don't quote me again

Nice point. am yet to see anything happening now that was not anticipated by the Bible .with a bible verse speaking of it. today here is the fullifillment . monkeys claiming their is no God. 98% of those NASA staffs believe their is God. they have seen too much orderliness and complexity. and been science proffessionals they know only an intelligent being can create the Universe. but they will come out in public due to influence from Elites to say trash about science and how it made the universe.just to decieve Clowns like those on Nairaland that their is no God.
The same Elites have sanctioned the teaching of evolution in schools instead of the creation in US schools. and guess what instead of good results . the US is falling behind in Science scores and results. among the developed countries.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 11:38am On May 24, 2016
ValentineMary:

This is laughable. For ur info, protein is not a cell. O boy! go wash plate ur mama dey call u. Leave science for adults.

I laugh ......see the person trying to disprove God. does not know basic science. next time address me as Engineer. i know and pratice science everyday clown.

www. protein-cell.org/
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by tk4rd: 11:44am On May 24, 2016
ValentineMary:

Have u heard of gravitational lensing used to measure d mass of dark matter?? if not, just shut up let others see space to buy land.
Have Scintists discovered or explained why the voids in the universe are spherical.? (with the galaxies and nebulae positioned at the spaces inbetween these voids, and some few at the centres of the voids, but almost none within the whole expanse of these voids)..
Well, if you know everything about gravitational lensing and the constituents of dark matter, then, I will be your student for today.. Teach On master.. I need to know more. tongue tongue
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Breakdbond: 11:49am On May 24, 2016
girl4rmspace:

maybe, i age slower than humans, the lifespan of my race is 600 years.. Am just 150 year old, so if my human friends and family get old and die, i might leave

leave to where?
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Pdizzle(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2016
Bros johnydon22 i loyal as usual, there are questions i need to ask, how do i contact?
By the way let me wait for Prof sukkot to come and look at this with spiritual eyes grin
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by naijaconscience(f): 12:28pm On May 24, 2016
chacoonder:
SCIENCE is BEAUTIFUL.....@johny..good job.

gr8!
but lets give praise to the One that's due it .
God is beautiful! His works reveal His awesomeness. I just imagine His vastness!

Most times I wonder the wonders He has in store for all of us in Heaven.

can't miss it!

thank you Jesus!.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 24, 2016
oh op, thanks for this post. I learned so much. I'm also not worried about the collision because the earth was made to be 'inhabited'.

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by naijaconscience(f): 12:43pm On May 24, 2016
johnydon22:
It's a Spiral galaxy

Yes the Milky way is not stationary either within itself or on the inter galactic vacuum of space.

Not withstanding that it is racing towards the Andromeda galaxy, the milky way Galaxy also is spinning within itself.

It's arms are spinning and orbiting the galactic center.

Our Sun and the entire Solar System is on the Orions Arm of the Galaxy and of course is also swirling around the Galactic center with the rest of the Orions arm other parts of the galaxy.

From the position of the Sun and Solar system in the Galaxy it takes it about ±250million years to complete one orbit around the galaxy.

The last time the Solar system was in this exact position in the galaxy, the Dinosaurs still ruled the earth.

if Our Sun and the entire Solar System is on the Orions Arm of the Galaxy and of course is also swirling around the Galactic center with the rest of the Orions arm other parts of the galaxy, WHAT IS IN THE CENTRE OF OUR GALAXY, COS IT LOOKS EVEN BRIGHTER THAN OUT SUN. THEN, IA THE GALACTIC CENTRE THE SAME AS THE CENTRE OF OUR GALAXY?

:
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 1:17pm On May 24, 2016
Breakdbond:

leave to where?

to another galaxy. It would be weird when everyone in your world finds out that there is a girl who dsnt age amongst you guys, i dont wanna end up as an experiment.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ever811(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2016
ValentineMary:

And I believe ur father paid ur school fees to learn. U just go waste ur papa money for school.
thank God I wasted my father's not your own fathers money so gererarahere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lightning Strike Creates New Material Seen On Earth ‘For The First Time’ (Pics) / Huge Cobra Invades A House In Kogi. Photos / Malayan Leaf Frog Aka Long-Nosed Horned Frog: World's Most Camouflaged Frog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.