Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) (50085 Views)

FG To Generate Electricity From Uranium: Facts About Uranium You Should Know / How Possible Are The Pictures Of The Milky Way Taken From Outside The Galaxy? / Gas Cloud Flung Out Of Milky Way Is Coming Back For Revenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Talk2bryant(m): 1:21am On May 28, 2016
Going by the global warming, I have my doubt if mankind can survive that long but given the possibility, it's going to be beautiful going by the colorful night sky depicted in the picture, new constellations and perhaps we would have new species (aliens) roaming our streets. Hope they won't colonise us angry
johnydon22:

The first fact is that humanity won't survive that long but assuming it happens now, the gravitational surge will throw the solar system a little further away but the planets will still be alright maybe a little perturbation but it will survive...

Even though our constellations do change with our position in the galaxy, with the eventuality of milkromeda Our constellation will change drastically and a bright huge visible light will perpetually paint our night sky.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by donnffd(m): 8:52am On May 28, 2016
johnydon22:

The first fact is that humanity won't survive that long.

FACT shouldnt be the word, highly probable maybe but not fact... it is possible we spread out of the solar system, colonize the galaxy in about two million years, many settlements would evolve in different ways, some might not, but they would all regard themselves as humans or prodigies of humans. They create a federation of planets and explore to other nearby galaxies(if the technology is possible), they might live in a true utopia and prolong their lives to thousands if not millions of years.

It is also possible we wipe our selves out in the next few thousands of years and the only trace of us would be our ruined structures.

Noone knows the future so i would be careful to call it a Fact

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:48am On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thank You ! Cognition and consciousness are strong evidences of design . Someone like Weah96 will now claim nature is conscious - contradictory ideas , nature happening by chance but yet still conscious .

Even Klopp thinks its weird

True. I also find their excuse for origin of Life. Laughable. no inanimate object or being can give rise to an animate being. it is even scientifcally impossible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 10:50am On May 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

A metaphor? Are u kidding For an engineering student such use of metaphor is unacceptable if u really know how density works and how it applies to floatation. I wonder how u passed jamb. Oga pls if u have nothing more to say don't quote me again. I'm done here.

I laugh at U . your ingnorance have been exposed and u are seeking a way to escape. Clown.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2016
blueAgent:

True. I also find their excuse for origin of Life. Laughable. no inanimate object or being can give rise to an animate being. it is even scientifcally impossible.

I know right . It is both scientifically and mathematically impossible , but I'm still fascinated by why they fail to acknowledge that an intelligent designer is responsible .

They claim it could be aliens - this is when they are boxed into the corner with rational questions .

God is an alien , an extraterrestrial being . The difference between the elusive aliens they imagine that exist and God is the nature . God is immaterial , conscious and real .

So if they admit that it is indeed the creation of extraterrestrial intelligence which they have not seen then I see no reason why they claim God , an extraterrestrial being does not exist .
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 11:15am On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I know right . It is both scientifically and mathematically impossible , but I'm still fascinated by why they fail to acknowledge that an intelligent designer is responsible .

They claim it could be aliens - this is when they are boxed into the corner with rational questions .

God is an alien , an extraterrestrial being . The difference between the elusive aliens they imagine that exist and God is the nature . God is immaterial , conscious and real .

So if they admit that it is indeed the creation of extraterrestrial intelligence which they have not seen then I see no reason why they claim God , an extraterrestrial being does not exist .

Most people do not have the capacity to do rational thinking for themselves.
The satanist and NWO elites were responsible for the invention of Atheism and Evolution inorder to destory peoples faith in God.
Most know that someone created the Universe. but they don't want to attribute it to God. they rather say it is Aliens or Bigbang or whatever. but never God.
They feel God's ways or moral values are oppressive. they don't want to be held accountable . so they comfort themseleves with the believe that their is no God.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:39am On May 28, 2016
blueAgent:

Most people do not have the capacity to do rational thinking for themselves.
The satanist and NWO elites were responsible for the invention of Atheism and Evolution inorder to destory peoples faith in God.
Most know that someone created the Universe. but they don't want to attribute it to God. they rather say it is Aliens or Bigbang or whatever. but never God.
They feel God's ways or moral values are oppressive. they don't want to be held accountable . so they comfort themseleves with the believe that their is no God.

Thank you ! The latter part of your comment is what ValentineMary calls 'Enlightenment' - such delusion . The sad thing is that these events have been presciently spoken of and written in the bible - people to lose their faith in God . No matter the jeremiads we write about this decadent world , the prophecy has to be fulfilled .

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 11:47am On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thank you ! The latter part of your comment is what ValentineMary calls 'Enlightenment' - such delusion . The sad thing is that these events have been presciently spoken of and written in the bible - people to lose their faith in God . No matter the jeremiads we write about this decadent world , the prophecy has to be fulfilled .

True. Bible said many will be decieved. and it is happening now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 4:21pm On May 28, 2016
donnffd:

FACT shouldnt be the word, highly probable maybe but not fact... it is possible we spread out of the solar system, colonize the galaxy in about two million years, many settlements would evolve in different ways, some might not, but they would all regard themselves as humans or prodigies of humans. They create a federation of planets and explore to other nearby galaxies(if the technology is possible), they might live in a true utopia and prolong their lives to thousands if not millions of years.

It is also possible we wipe our selves out in the next few thousands of years and the only trace of us would be our ruined structures.

Noone knows the future so i would be careful to call it a Fact

You are correct boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 4:22pm On May 28, 2016
Talk2bryant:
Going by the global warming, I have my doubt if mankind can survive that long but given the possibility, it's going to be beautiful going by the colorful night sky depicted in the picture, new constellations and perhaps we would have new species (aliens) roaming our streets. Hope they won't colonise us angry

Hahahahahaha we can't even find an alien yet in all the vastness of the milky way
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by tk4rd: 6:21pm On May 28, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahahaha we can't even find an alien yet in all the vastness of the milky way
You know, at times, I wonder if there could be other forms of life out there in the galaxy that are not carbon-based..
I mean, aliens that might not need water and oxygen in their atmosphere to survive. These beings might be surviving on metabolic processes that involve other elements other than C, H, and O..
They can even survive in space, where there is no atmosphere..
The processes within their body systems might not even be the usual chemical processes we know, but nuclear processes.
You can never tell..
And if that is the case, then, these beings are supposed to be highly advanced, as a result of the high energy they generate within them. Their speed of operation would be very high too.
Their body shapes would be totally different from ours., they might be mostly spherical rocky beings that can change into any shape they want when necessary..
They can even be made of some other elements.. (dark matter even)..
What I am saying is that, scientists might be looking for aliens similar to us in almost everything, but it happens that the existing beings might be something totally different from what they seek.
You can never tell.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Talk2bryant(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2016
Little do you know how you've indoctrinated me into the world of cosmology and astrophysics, I now exhaust my data on watching youtube videos on theory of relativity and related things about the universe, I even have one app that shows all the constellation of the stars based on your location, it's so cool. I owe this to you man
johnydon22:

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 28, 2016
I WAS WONDERING HOW AN IMMATERIAL BEING STARTED CREATING MATTER... OUT OF WHAT
WHERE DID HE GET THAT THOUGHT FROM?? YOU DON'T SEE HUMANS MAKING CARS THAT ARE IMMATERIAL IF GOD WAS IMMATERIAL HE WOULD CREATE THINGS THAT ARE IMMATERIAL!!
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 6:51am On May 29, 2016
Talk2bryant:
Little do you know how you've indoctrinated me into the world of cosmology and astrophysics, I now exhaust my data on watching youtube videos on theory of relativity and related things about the universe, I even have one app that shows all the constellation of the stars based on your location, it's so cool. I owe this to you man

hahaha i only beamed a light of illumination and sparked your interest. . Astronomy/cosmology is a humbling discipline and a philosophical rich study.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 6:57am On May 29, 2016
tk4rd:
You know, at times, I wonder if there could be other forms of life out there in the galaxy that are not carbon-based..
I mean, aliens that might not need water and oxygen in their atmosphere to survive. These beings might be surviving on metabolic processes that involve other elements other than C, H, and O..
They can even survive in space, where there is no atmosphere..
The processes within their body systems might not even be the usual chemical processes we know, but nuclear processes.
You can never tell..
And if that is the case, then, these beings are supposed to be highly advanced, as a result of the high energy they generate within them. Their speed of operation would be very high too.
Their body shapes would be totally different from ours., they might be mostly spherical rocky beings that can change into any shape they want when necessary..
They can even be made of some other elements.. (dark matter even)..
What I am saying is that, scientists might be looking for aliens similar to us in almost everything, but it happens that the existing beings might be something totally different from what they seek.
You can never tell.

You are absolutely correct because nature is so diverse that there is no established "one way" things are supposed to happen.

we judge life from the only life we know of which is the ones on earth so of course there may be life forms not dependent of the elements that are the bedrocks of ours.

even Jupiter may be teaming with life, something hypothetically called floaters by carl sagan.

he explained it thus; Since life can evolve anywhere it is not impossible that in the huge gas jupiter that has no surface life may also be teaming.

elements that can lead to life exists and if somehow life emerges in such an environment, in the cause of their evolution the heavy organisms will be pulled towards the planet's core and die off, the lighter ones with maneuvering mechanisms to float in the atmosphere will thrive. So natural selection suggests floaters can only exist if life is in JUPITER.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Talk2bryant(m): 10:37am On May 29, 2016
It's too broad, so many mathematics involved. Understanding the concept of gravity and relativity alone isn't easy to grasp. But I'm on course to learning more, Infact me and my gf discuss more of cosmology than love this days, she's always looking at the stars since I explained constellation to her and gave her the app. Keep us posted on more space stuff
johnydon22:

hahaha i only beamed a light of illumination and sparked your interest. . Astronomy/cosmology is a humbling discipline and a philosophical rich study.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by goldeno10boy: 7:14pm On May 29, 2016
Sunofgod:
This is all bullllllsshhhhhiittt.....stop falling for the white mans unverifiable sciences and CGI!

Please research 'flat earth' - NASA specializes in hoaxes.

Everyone has been miseducated - its time to wake up.

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qFb4Zi1bo&t=8768s[/img]
Dumb piece of *hit
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 29, 2016

UNIVERSE OVERLAPS UNIVERSES..THE BIG BANG IS WHEN SPERM MEETS EGG..CONSCIOUSNESS IS A UNIVERSE!!..THE UNIVERSE ONLY EXIST BECAUSE YOU ARE HERE OBSERVING IT WHEN YOU DIE YOU DON'T REALLY DIE EVERYTHING ELSE BESIDES YOUR TRUE SELF DIES...SPERM AND EGG CREATING LIFE IS AN EXAMPLE OF SOMETHING FROM NOTING.

TIME DOESN'T EXIST THEY IS NO SPEED LIMIT OF HOW FAST "TIME" TRAVELS IN AN INSTANT AND A QUADRILLION YEARS THE SAME THING..TIME IS FLEXIBLE..DISTANCE ARE RELATIVE TO THE OBSERVER..SIZE IS RELATIVE TO THE OBSERVER..THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS IN FACT "YOU" THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE WILL DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU DIE AND IT WILL BE CREATED AGAIN WHEN OBSERVATION BEGINS..YOU CANNOT PROVE THAT ANYONE OTHER THAN YOUR SELF IS CONSCIOUS..YOU ARE THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE YOU ARE THE END AND THE BEGINNING INFINITELY BECAUSE THE UNIVERSE CANT EXIST WITHOUT YOU

THE UNIVERSE IS NOT ONLY QUEERER THAN WE SUPPOSE TO IT IS FAR MORE QUEERER THAN WE SUPPOSE TO...
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by sukkot: 5:52pm On May 30, 2016
Pdizzle:
Bros johnydon22 i loyal as usual, there are questions i need to ask, how do i contact?
By the way let me wait for Prof sukkot to come and look at this with spiritual eyes grin
bros I have just being released from 2 weeks ban. hope I did not miss much grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lightning Strike Creates New Material Seen On Earth ‘For The First Time’ (Pics) / Huge Cobra Invades A House In Kogi. Photos / Malayan Leaf Frog Aka Long-Nosed Horned Frog: World's Most Camouflaged Frog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.