Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! (38066 Views)

Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? / Ekiti State College Of Agriculture And Technology Job Applicants Let's Meet Here / Why Do The Majority Of Job Applicants Never Get Hired? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by integridad: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2023
Dear Applicants,

Do you know that there is a new trend with companies especially these small scale "One man businesses"

Companies schedule interviews with people they have no intention hiring, They take advantage of frustrated job seekers, ask them questions usually around business development to steal their ideas.

Job seekers who went through pain or spent a lot, some even borrowed to arrive at the interview venue.

This is very wrong, NLC should look into this exploitation

Most Nigerian jobs posted on LinkedIn are fake, companies do this to create publicity and a faux appearance of growth,

Applicants beware!!

If you ever attend an interview like this, please visit this post and tag the company.

155 Likes 13 Shares

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 7:30am On Jun 17, 2023
Most jobseekers aren't good enough for the job, no employer is frustrating them, this way of thinking is what makes applicant find ways to justify their incompetence ,instead of looking for ways to upskill and do better at interviews they find ways to throw the blame at the employers, just to feel good about themselves. Most of them will respond positively to this post as a way to confirm their bias and feel good about themselves.

124 Likes 15 Shares

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by integridad: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:
Most jobseekers aren't good enough for the job, no employer is frustrating them, this way of thinking is what makes applicant find ways to justify their incompetence ,instead of looking for ways to upskill and do better at interviews they find ways to throw the blame at the employers, just to feel good about themselves. Most of them will respond positively to this post as a way to confirm their bias and feel good about themselves.

- 'to steal their ideas'
means I'm writing about job applicants who are intelligent.
Later one wld discover that the ideas or solutions that was shared by an applicant is being used or implemented by the company. That is intellectual theft and being done to job seekers makes it more debasing.

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Laird(m): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2023
Many Years Ago
Okonjo Iweala said a lot of Graduates are unemployable

I disagreed with her

Having been on both sides of the table

She wasn't wrong

The smartest migrate or are snapped up by Multinationals and high paying and high earning companies in critical roles of which Nigeria already had a high poverty and poor purchasing power problem so most companies are not.in that league

Some dont have soft skills or interview skills or job
Schools to are not optimised to produce high ranking students

The companies And organisations that earn billions and pay high like Mobil, Shell, Seplat ,NNPC , CBN, NPA cannot employ every single Nigerian graduate

The rest companies are left to pick from the candidates

Some times some candidates are a diamond đź’Ž found in the rough

Sometimes some companies are a diamond found in the rough as in good management and good staff treatment.

That explains everything

The purpose of a company is to create goods and products and services that customers would pay for and keep coming back to repurchase

All employees are to work to achieve that aim and employees would be paid from the revenue pool as the company would also pay other bills like machinery, Internet, advertising, stationery, electricity etc
Also note that every serious business is looking for ideas to achieve that aim

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Ofadaman(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
integridad:

- 'to steal their ideas'
means I'm writing about job applicants who are intelligent.
Later one wld discover that the ideas or solutions that was shared by an applicant is being used or implemented by the company. That is intellectual theft and being done to job seekers makes it more debasing.

Stop this hearsay and tell me one idea or one job seeker you know whose idea was use by the business?.

26 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by marlow1962(m): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ok
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Dozie32(m): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
Am telling you, because no job for the Youths in Nigeria. This nation is the worst thing that can happen to anyone on earth

5 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2023
Why won't they?

When the government is completely USELESS...

When the country is still struggling with provisions of BASIC AMENITIES..

When government does nothing to support the companies but they're only interested in taking taxes from them...

When some first class graduates can't get a decent job for many years after graduation...

IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH BUHARĂŚ, IBB, JONADĂ€FT, EMEFIELE AND MANY OTHER CORRUPT BASTARĆŠS.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by inoki247: 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lol...
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Sonnobax15(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
lipsrsealed
Wahala for people wey dey submit their C.v, upandan..May God help us all...... Thank God for blessing the hustle of my hand today,and to hell with any boss whosoever who's taking advantage of other people's ordeal....Las las,karma and death awaits us all.

7 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by stevups(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
integridad:
Dear Applicants,

Do you know that there is a new trend with companies especially these small scale "One man businesses"

Companies schedule interviews with people they have no intention hiring, They take advantage of frustrated job seekers, ask them questions usually around business development to steal their ideas.

Job seekers who went through pain or spent a lot, some even borrowed to arrive at the interview venue.

Most Nigerian jobs posted on LinkedIn are fake, companies do this to create publicity and a faux appearance of growth,

Applicants beware!!

If you ever attend an interview like this, please visit this post and tag the company.

THE OXFORD GREEN FARM.. THEIR OFFICE IS AT LAGUTAN, IYANA IPAJA.

5 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by iWasNotHere(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
Left for me it is those Chinese and Indians firms using Nigerians in Nigeria like animals that I’m concerned about

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by papae1(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2023
Let's seat here and enjoy the ride
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by DamnnNiggarr: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
shocked

You don't need to start applying for a job, when you can acquire a skill or skills, learn a hand work, or thread.

white collar jobs don't pay.

I'll train my kids ( both the female ones) the need to look away from anything white collar job or monthly payment job.

4 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Fibonacci88: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
Use to think hiring was an easy task until recently my line manager asked me to hire someone who will join my team. Oboy it's been more than a month and yet to find the right candidate. Prior to now, I thought having a good resume was overflogged but I know how many CV have sent to my recycle bin without bothering meeting the candidate just cos the CV was poorly drafted. Op I doubt if any reasonable company will go through the stress of recruitment just to steal ideas from candidates.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Franzese: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
OP please tell us the "skills" you have so that we can pinpoint the exact ideas the companies have been "stealing" from you.

All these "I will perspire to require den acquire and enquire to retire" job seekers.

Just dey play you hear.

6 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by JoshTim: 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:

Stop this hearsay and tell me one idea or one job seeker you know whose idea was use by the business?.

2 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2023
I will encourage job applicants to take more risk in job applications.

Apply for jobs outside the country. It’s rare, but it happens.

No crime in trying and you still have absolutely nothing to lose.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Starships4u(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
Normally
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Emmexguy123: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
Nigeria labor Congress lost directions since many years ago

2 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by loswhite(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:
They are always incompetent in Nigeria but when they go abroad they are no longer incompetent...Oga go and sleep. Ppl like you that have things going for you all think everyone else is lazy or incompetent.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Pootle: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
if the economy is potent enough shit like this wont occur...dumb niggas go abroad and get employed doing better job than brilliant once here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by broadman20: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
They are simply asking the younger generation to create a job for themselves if they are not happy with the current situation.

It's a sort of challenge though.
Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by eepeepook: 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
If the ideas generated are no different from what Nairaland “writers” create as articles, there is no need to intervene. The companies won’t be able to make sense of them talk less of implementing.

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Easybet1(m): 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ofadaman:

Well, I don't know about other professions, but in software development, it happens a lot. Some will advertise jobs just to solve the problem they are having with their application. They send you a task, and after you solve it, they stop communicating with you, and the code you wrote will be used by them. And this does not happen with Nigerian companies alone but with all companies all over the world.

20 Likes

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by fastseo: 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
there is no job in nigeria. just learn IT skill.

tinubu said he will create jobs just as Buhari has created 20 million job each year times 8 years he was president. and leta ask us for forgiveness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by obembet(f): 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
Noted

1 Like

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by zeyt: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
There was one scam of NGO that asked biz plan purportedly for loan and grant in order to steal their biz idea

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! by Cmanforall: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
integridad:
Dear Applicants,

Applicants beware!!

If you asked a question and you think it is to steal your idea and not to hire you, then answer frankly.
You cam as well tell the interview ler that you wouldn't want to share this specific idea because you are afraid they'll use it and not hire you.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dragnet oil and gas company Aptitude Test may 2012 @ Port harcourt / FAAN Successful Candidate / I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.