Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,659 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media (41400 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Kenturkey048(m): 5:24am On May 22, 2016
nbright:
Thank Chineke I no see stop abusing/insulting the presidiot.
omo u get hot temper o.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Chigold101(m): 5:28am On May 22, 2016
Captainecolejnr
I read all u and u are spot on exept on the hashtag.
It seems u dont know the reason for hashtags. U r not alone so many nigerian hashtag users dont know the reason too.

Hashtags makes our posts seen when someone clicks on same hashtaged word in any other post or comment. Hashtaging in Nairaland is waste of time. But in twitter & facebook it is good and can sell ur point(s) or view to someone who has no connection with u.

There is no rule to how many words one can hashtag but it is important one hashtag words other people can freely use except when a word or combination of words is trending.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:39am On May 22, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Hello Nairalanders!
As we all know, we're in the 21st century, and technology has really made life easy and sweet and it has also connected the world together irrespective of distance or language barrier.
Social Media has really played a vital role in Communication and making the world a "Global Village".
But despite being so useful and enjoyable, there is a need we apply restraints when using Social Media .. at least for our own good. There are certain things we mustn't do on Social Media. Excerpts below :
1.Thanking A girl/boy for accepting your friend request : This is peculiar to Facebook, like seriously? do you really have to thank him/her for accepting your request? That only makes you look childish and desperate as if you were begging him/her before. Its definitely not smart!
2.Overusing hashtags : You see someone who posted a comment on Facebook or twitter and at the end of the comment you see stuffs like #21May #WeLoveU #LetsKeepitrolling .. come-on bro! do you really need to write that many hashtags? That will only look childish and make the post look so annoying to read. #Fact (I just used one grin)
3.Asking people to follow you back : Why must you make yourself look so desperate? Why not create a little self pride at least! Asking people to follow you back will just make you look more or less like a roadside beggar begging for some little change!
4. Asking for a lady's nude pictures :Most guys are guilty of this, you strike up a conversation with a girl on Facebook, and after chitchatting and getting on well with her,then you suddenly demand for her nude.s, come-on bros! You are only showing her that you're pervert who is only after sex, Be a gentleman!
5. Plagiarism :When you see an inspirational post or a funny tweet or a unique photo,and you feel the need to show your friends and followers,then you must at least give credit to the owner or original writer of the content.. but reverse seems to be the case,people on social media copy and paste contents and parade it as though they were the original writer.. and that is not good! Plagiarism is a serious offence in most countries, I dunno about Nigeria
6. Posting the same content over and over again : There's this annoying guy that I have in my Facebook, he keeps posting one particular picture over and over again, I dunno really know why he does that ,perhaps because he wore a nice suit in the photo.. I got so tired of seeing the photo.. and the funny thing is that he hardly even get one 'like' .. lol.. why post the same old thing over again, it ain't cool.
7. Posting revealing photos : This goes to mostly the girls,why must you go half-naked on social media just because you wanna get likes and comments.. silly comments like "you're hot" "dope bae" "sexy momma" .. not knowing that you're giving the impression that you're an "olosho" .. Real talk!
Decency pays, you know cool
8. Sharing your home address : Hehehe .. I was going through one of my Guy's. Facebook profile, then I saw "17B Olusanya street,Maryland".. I was like WTF!!! .Who asked you to share such a personal info? Are you running an office in your house? C'mon dude!
9. Constantly bragging about yourself : Some people are so good at show-offs on social media, especially those who are broke-asses in real life.. Must you snap in front of a mirror just to show us your new phone? .. you're definitely not the first to buy such phone sef undecided .. you mustn't show us your new Timberland or your new wristwatches.. niggah keep it to yourself .. no one asked you to show us.. duurrh!
Lets be real!
Getting into arguments : Lol .. I used to be guilty of this before
. but I realised that there's absolutely no point in getting into arguments with anyone on social media.. cuz people aren't always the way you see them on social media, they might be different you know! .. Why not just ignore if someone tries to pick a fight.. in real sense,that makes you look cool and the person dumb! hehehe

I rest my fingers at this moment, Like some people will always say, "Do not take anything on social media too serious .. they might be joking. lol..

Original writer: Me

Will Nigerians learn from this?
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:42am On May 22, 2016
firstolalekan:
Dedicating this thread to all those mofos on nairaland

They see that a topic has hit front page since yesterday, the mumus will still create another copy of it.... angry

True
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Aboks(m): 5:57am On May 22, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

True
HMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by utioh(m): 6:05am On May 22, 2016
Op you are so soooo Right....
I couldn't agree more with you...
Everything just on point..

But the only snag is that some people ain't got any 'time', so they don't really care if one thinks they are uncultured or dumb on social media!

Others don't simply realise how gross these 'crimes' are..
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by ExInferis(m): 6:09am On May 22, 2016
juhan:
True. People seriously need to stop these things.

I don't know if "juhan" is your real name, but gaddamit I like it.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Menzy86(m): 6:09am On May 22, 2016
Thank God I received all these sense a long time ago. Firstly i DON'T send people friend requests on FB. Second, I DON'T accept friend requests from people I donot know in real life on FB. I've been on FB 4 more than 10yrs n dont think I have up to 200 friends till date. Hardly a fan of other ones (not on twitter n instagram and passive on whatsappn BBM). Actualy thing SM takes more outta ur life than it gives.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by banme1(m): 6:13am On May 22, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
proof? please I hate false accusation .. this thread is originally written by me.. show me the link.. and ensure they tally word for word angry
u don de fear abi?
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by dannewlife(m): 6:36am On May 22, 2016
Guilty of no 5 sha !
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by utioh(m): 6:52am On May 22, 2016
Chigold101:
Captainecolejnr
It seems u dont know the reason for hashtags. U r not alone so many nigerian hashtag users dont know the reason too.

Hashtags makes our posts seen when someone clicks on same hashtaged word in any other post or comment. Hashtaging in Nairaland is waste of time. But in twitter & facebook it is good and can sell ur point(s) or view to someone who has no connection with u.

There is no rule to how many words one can hashtag but it is important one hashtag words other people can freely use except when a word or combination of words is trending.

#Hashtags mainly work on #Twitter, #Google+, #Instagram..

On other platforms like FB, it isn't that powerful!

The phrase there is 'over using hashtags'.

Maybe you are yet to see some annoying posts with 'too many ##################################'

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by onyxo76(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2016
announcing to the whole World where you are presently, like checked into ....hotel, Hamburg,....flying to .... its just so silly.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by benideey(m): 7:39am On May 22, 2016
11.Tagging Photos : Most peeps are fond of tagging peeps who are not in their photos just to get more likes. You had see a picture like," Mr.A with 59 others" . Stop this, don't you know that picture is going to appear on 59 timelines of your friends?

Stop being desperate for likes! Also, people have complained in their post that they should not be tagged in pictures they are not in. Stop flooding my timeline with your pictures! Those ain't "Photos of Me" as Facebook coined it.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Nobody: 8:16am On May 22, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
t?

For you to havr twitter followers, you have to follow as many people as possible. After doing this, those you follow send direct messages to you in hundreds, thanking you. And these are well-to-do people with over 50k followers. It is like you don't know the importance of followership in advertising.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 8:29am On May 22, 2016
Chigold101:
Captainecolejnr

wow!!" thanks so much for this info.. boss you too much
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 8:30am On May 22, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Will Nigerians learn from this?
hopefully, they will
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 8:32am On May 22, 2016
banme1:
u don de fear abi?
nigga why don't we settle this once and for all.. if you can prove that I am not the original writer.. then I will make a public apology here on nairaland .. if you can't prove it... then get lost nigga grin
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by banme1(m): 8:37am On May 22, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
nigga why don't we settle this once and for all.. if you can prove that I am not the original writer.. then I will make a public apology here on nairaland .. if you can't prove it... then get lost nigga grin
easy dude na fight?
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 8:43am On May 22, 2016
banme1:
easy dude na fight?
you started it..
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by just2okworld(f): 8:50am On May 22, 2016
Nice one @OP

BUR I DISAGREE WITH POINT 3
Samhay see this
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by banme1(m): 8:58am On May 22, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
you started it..
na joke I de o
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Temysteve(m): 9:21am On May 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
Spectranet
Konga!!
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by CaptainEColeJnr: 9:29am On May 22, 2016
banme1:
na joke I de o
ok bro
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Nobody: 9:51am On May 22, 2016
Menzy86:
Thank God I received all these sense a long time ago. Firstly i DON'T send people friend requests on FB. Second, I DON'T accept friend requests from people I donot know in real life on FB. I've been on FB 4 more than 10yrs n dont think I have up to 200 friends till date. Hardly a fan of other ones (not on twitter n instagram and passive on whatsappn BBM). Actualy thing SM takes more outta ur life than it gives.

okay...?
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by samhay: 10:03am On May 22, 2016
just2okworld:
Nice one @OP

BUR I DISAGREE WITH POINT 3
Samhay see this

Y u disagree wit point 3.

I argue on social media only wen I c a misleading post.

The rest I dnt do
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Mamode14(m): 10:21am On May 22, 2016
ladies should stop 'k' 5n and those bullshit spellings any kweshun
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Angrymode: 11:18am On May 22, 2016
The one I hate the most is adding me to a group without even informing me.
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by kolaosita4(m): 12:10pm On May 22, 2016
Tru tok
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by cexodele(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2016
and where dd u copy ds one from?
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 22, 2016
ExInferis:

I don't know if "juhan" is your real name, but gaddamit I like it.
smiley its not my real name
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by pressplay411(m): 1:57pm On May 22, 2016
But these are all the things that make SM exciting!
Re: 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media by mosjames: 2:04pm On May 22, 2016
I don none embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo Important Service Codes You Should Know / How New Whatsapp Policy Threatens Security Of Nigerians And Other Alternatives / The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.