Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

Letters To The FG & ASUU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letters To The FG & ASUU (7973 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Kratos007(m): 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
what's up with the s factor? write a letters? let's not blames ASUU? are you sure you guys are students?
anyway, to my letter
        dear ASUU, you are a bunch of cock-ups who don't know the first thing about negotiation.
        dear fg, if only i could see your principal officers above the sight of my shotgun, i will solve this problem once and for all.
        dear students, please join the next available millitant group or form your own boko haram[color=#006600][/color] grin
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2009
i_am_model:

hmmmmmmm, na wah. i read abt sometime ago of  ASUU saying that strike
is the only tool with which they can fight th FG now, cos they have used other
implement:negotiation and lobbying and not seems to work. it was also said in
the news that ASUU is not seeking for increase in salary alone but also better
funding of nigerian universities, to riase the standard to those of other uninersities
in the world.
Well, am using the
opportunity to enjoy my stay with my bro in ghana. the only problem i now have
with the strike,cos it used to bother me alot, but not that much again, is that they
won't let me graduate soon so i can join my brother in ghana for fulltime enjoyment.
SHOULD WE CONTINUE  TO COPE WITH THE PRESENT SITUATIONS IN OUR UNIVERSITIES OR ASK FOR A BETTER STANDARD? THINK ASUU IS TRYING TO ANS THE LATER QUESTIONS.

Hm are you sure that guy is realy your brother or abi na ur uncle, you know what i mean? LOL.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2009
Kratos007:

what's up with the s factor? write a letters? let's not blames ASUU? are you sure you guys are students?
anyway, to my letter
        dear ASUU, you are a bunch of cock-ups who don't know the first thing about negotiation.
        dear fg, if only i could see your principal officers above the sight of my shotgun, i will solve this problem once and for all.
        dear students, please join the next available millitant group or form your own boko haram[color=#006600][/color] grin

Hey! Amadioha himself(the god of thunder) you dey vest o! LOL
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by ChiefS(m): 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2009
Dear ASUU,
It is not completely true you are fighting for the interest of the students.You should show concern for the youths because your endless strikes have ruined the future of many nigerian youths.When they graduate from school employers say they are too old.what is all this.You are amongst the highest paid civil servants in nigeria.Teaching is optional if you are not interested you can join resign and join politics after all our so-called leaders like the president,vice president,sam Egwu,Jibril Aminu and the rest of them were your former members.Please allow reason to prevail and go back to work.

Dear Fg,
I am disappointed you have not shown serious commitment to the development of our education sector.Most of you used to be members of ASUU and participated in previous strikes.Now you are on the other side and you are singing a new song.How insincere humans can be.Please do everything possible to resolve the current impasse and stop the drift.What future do the youths of this country have if they have a faulty foundation.
We know most of your kids are abroad studying.And  you are indifferent to the plight of other peoples kids.Remember whatever you sow you will surely reap.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by akym(m): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2009
Members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) are eager to return to the negotiating table as a way of bringing the two-month old strike to an end. Infact, they want the recommencement of the negotiations with the Federal Government as soon as possible, for the good of our students, their parents, the university education system and the good of the people of Nigeria.”

This call on the re-opening of negotiation by ASUU is coming on the heels of the pull-out of the Federal Government from further talks with ASUU about a fortnight ago.
According to the National President of ASUU, Prof Ukachukwu Awuzie, the strike would have been resolved if the Federal Government negotiation team had faithfully implemented the solution proposed by the Vice-President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by uoe80(f): 3:28pm On Aug 20, 2009
please does anybody know when ASUU strike will be called off?thanks
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by oge4real(f): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2009
FG,
Well done!

ASUU,
Carry go!

Why on earth should I waste my time in writing more than this? Who will even read it?
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by RichyBlacK(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2009
Dear ASUU,

Fight on! Don't give up!

Thank you!

Dear FG,

You're all kleptomaniac zombies! You send your kids to school abroad but can't pay our lecturers what they deserve!

You all sit down everyday, yawn like fat pigs, talk nonsense and decide how much to steal from the public funds! Is that how a government should be run?

You're all a disgrace to the black race and should be in jail for non-stop embezzlement.

Because most of you have calcified brains, you do not appreciate the value of education; all you know is how to steal money through phony contracts.

There is no infrastructure in Nigeria, and you fools hide in Abuja pretending that the opulence you surround yourselves with is replicated in every corner of Nigeria.

You're all idiots because you have no plans for education in Nigeria; you're totally unaware of the high ratio of those who seek post-secondary education and the current capacity of our post-secondary institutions!

Some of you studied abroad in good schools, but are so dumb to even realize the need to improve the quality of education in Nigeria. Shame on you lot!

Most/all of your are religious and regularly attend church/mosque service, yet you do everything in your powers to impoverish the average Nigerian. Is that what your God/Allah teaches in your Bible/Qu'ran?

Finally, may God/Allah punish each and every one of you involved in pushing Nigeria backwards.

Evil swines!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Donvilo(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2009
Dear ASUU,
I know how hard it will be 4 u guys to be working hard yet ur demands aren't met up. But pls find it in ur heart to give the students hope of the future by making their years of studying shorter. Cos' nobody would like to grow old while trying to graduate.
Dear FG,
U peeps hav proved that u can't take care of ur own country and their citizens. Only God will judge u peeps if u didn't turn from ur bad ways. So repent now and see to the progress of this nation so that u didn't meet ur oblivion. Then 9ja peeps will hail una.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by texazzpete(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2009
maedan:

ONE noble thing, for once? Hellooo, where are you talking out of? your ar$£?? I think it's your case that is pathetic, because you actually think there will be any long-term gains to be achieved from all this. You can save your contempt, it's not affecting any one. This is not the first time we've been asked to sacrifice our future because of the so-called ASUU cause. Maybe no one should enrol into any university for the next ten years, until the ASUU have finally achieved all they want from the government - because at this rate it might take that long. Once their lofty demands have been met, maybe then we should be allowed to enrol because at least we can be sure to have an unbroken 4-5years school session, not the 7-8years one we're getting now. Rubbish.

You lack simple analytical skills. If service in academia is attractive enough to retain the best and brightest brains, isn't that in itself one of the most tangible long term gains you can think of?
The 'lofty demands' you scoff at, do you even know what they are? Students are being taught in dilapidated classrooms, obsolete knowledge is being passed on because only the older generation of lecturers are being left on to teach, instead of the more modernized younger folk we see in other, better countries. Engineering laboratories have non-functional equipment.
I graduated from Uni in 2003, i entered in 1998 for a 5 year programme. And i went through several strikes, including the long one in OBJ's tenure. So i wonder where you got your 7-8 years statistic from. Bullcrap!

maedan:

Apparently, it's too hard for you to emphatise with the right party. I'm already a graduate, but I still feel for the ones now in university, who are feeling their time/life/minds being wasted. The ASUU will never get my backing on this, ever. I stand by the Nigerian student, because they are the ones paying the highest price, not the so-called Academia.

No. You don't feel for the ones in Uni. And if you had a brain you'd know that the Uni years present an excellent opportunity for mental development. Yet it's at this stage that our students are exposed to worthless equipment and outdated experiments.
I remember my Uni days, remember when up to 15 students would huddle round ONE pendulum when carrying out an experiment. I remember the mechanical lab attendant explaining to us that none of the five lathe machines in the lab were working. They had been brought in in 1981! I remember all the first class graduates in the UNi who accepted work as lecturers assistants leaving within months to take up work in more juicy industries.
You lack the self-respect i and a few others possess. We graduate and benchmark ourselves against others and realize we come up short in many areas. How many biochemistry graduates do you know that can instantly start working in DNA research? Most of them are busy working as bank marketers. How many computers did you have in your department before you graduated? How many research grants does your government hand over to the Universities?

You're as cowardly and selfish as most Nigerians. And this is why we've always suffered, why the Govt can even raise fuel price to N100 overnight and know we'll capitulate after a few noises. Let's salute the NIgerians who have the balls to fight for what is right.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by texazzpete(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
ChiefS:

Dear ASUU,
It is not completely true you are fighting for the interest of the students.You should show concern for the youths because your endless strikes have ruined the future of many nigerian youths.When they graduate from school employers say they are too old.what is all this.You are amongst the highest paid civil servants in nigeria.Teaching is optional if you are not interested you can join resign and join politics after all our so-called leaders like the president,vice president,sam Egwu,Jibril Aminu and the rest of them were your former members.Please allow reason to prevail and go back to work.

Wonderful advice. By that same yardstick, you should be aware that studying is optional, and you can easily join the touts and millitants in the society.

highly experience PROFESSORS are decently paid for civil servants. When you join the lecturing profession as a Lecturer Assistant (even with a first class degree) i doubt you earn up to 40k a month. Yet we want our brightest brains to lecture, abi?

If we keep on this path, we'll always be a nation of TV repairers and Fridge servicers. Homeless palestinians can build and launch single stage rockets yet we're here on Nairaland jubilating when someone builds a World War I era vehicle and calls it an APC.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nezan(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2009
call off the strike now
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by SMSguru(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2009
Dear ASUU and FG,

Please let the elephants continue fighting so that the grasses will continue to suffer.

Which way Nigeria? A fool at forty, they say, is a fool forever but what about a fool at 49? wink
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by shayhunny: 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
WHEN TWO ELEPHANTS FIGHTS THE GRASS THEY SAID SUFFERS, FG AND ASUU ARE D E

ELEPHANTS. WHILE WE STUDENTS ARE D GRASS,

I PRAY D ROT WILL BE BROUGHT TO AN END PRETTY SOON, SO WE WONT GET

DETERIORATED @ HOME!!! GREATEST AKOKITES.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by gram: 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2009
no big deal, am not against the cause, the means of achieving ASUU's requests are simply unproductive, sorry, counterproductive, detrimental,

unrealistic and extremely shameful, funny thing is these very ASUU people will go into politics and start messing up like the FG they are fighting.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by obete(m): 8:22am On Aug 22, 2009
DEAR ASUU PRESIDENT,
I STRONGLY BELIEVE IN YOU BUT MY WORRY IS THAT WHEN TWO ELEPHANT FIGHT THE GRASS WILL SUFFER,WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT THE POOR MAN CHILDREN ARE THE ONE SUFFERING THIS UNCALL FOR STRIKE DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO THE PLIGT OF THE EDUCATION SECTOR.TO ME IF I HAVE MY WAY TO THE SIT OF GOVT I WILL MAKE IT COMPOSSARY THAT ANY BODY THAT WHAT TO BE APPOINTED INTO GOVT POSITION HIS/HER WARD MUST ATTEND PUBLIC SCHOOLS WITH THIS THEY WILL FEEL THE IMPACT OF THE POOR MASSES.

FINALLY I WILL PLEAD WITH ASUU TO LISTEN TO THE CRYING CHILDREN AT HOME.

MAY GOD HELP US ALL.[b][/b]
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by queenchika(f): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
d president is busy granting amenesty 2 criminals,he does not knw dat an ideal mind,is d devil workshop.keepin student @ home makes them jobless.do sometin,u were once a teacher,listen 2 ASUU.for ASUU,strike is not d best way 2 make ur worries known 2 d goverment.we are ur children,i knw u are nt happy seein us @ home.both parties do sometin.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by shaddi(m): 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
f.G go and kiss ur black ass
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by TheSeeker(m): 12:45am On Aug 23, 2009
Dear ASUU,
I recognize your struggle and clearly throw my support behind you for fighting through what your entitlements are. Keep it up, even though it hurts the students' academic pursuits, I am absolutely sure it is a sacrifice that has to be, not only made, but determinedly gone through.

Dear FG,
  You have done nothing but bring shame to our country. I am patiently waiting for that day when your losers (children) will come back in a bid to rule, then you will hear rains and reigns of terror from the home based and those whom you have made to go through hardship. You are nothing to be proud of, and if availed the opportunity, I would so sentence all of you to death by firing squad.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by solidgold(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2009
i really don't know what the federal government or ASUU is still debating about but one thing is for sure yar'adua's kids and the ASUU head's kids all school either abroad or in private institutions and are therefore not affected by this strike. don't you think that's rather unfortunate for us that school in public universities. we don't have to beg ASUU or the federal government any longer, armed robbery is a very lucrative business so is hired assasin, we have variety of jobs to choose from rather than working our asses off in school. don't you think tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by vpaul: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2009
I think the matter between ASUU and the Federal government is taking too long and this issue is seriously affecting the programmes of the student. looking at it very well it is true that ASUU Is Really fighting for the universities to be upgraded.
Imagine none of our universities is among the first 1000 in the world ,and none is among the first 50 in africa.it is really nothing to write home about for a country like NIGERIA.
i think the govt should think fast and take decisive step on this issue even though their children are not in any of the universities. they should try and save the life of this students.
please minister of education and the presidents look into this issue aand concur with ASUU.
SOONEST RECOVERY
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
ASUU! FG!

By embarking on an intensional strike action, May you never realise the GREATEST of errors and mistakes you have unknowingly committed and Knowingly decide to remain stagnant until it becomes too late and tons of regrets to you and your tenureship including your household.
angry
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Borat1: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2009
Write a letters?
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by akym(m): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
hnm, m
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by kokoA(m): 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Borat~:

Write a letters?

product of Nigerian university.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Borat1: 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2009
kokoA:

product of Nigerian university.

O boy na mod be that o!
i dont indulge in gossip tongue
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nonsnelly: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2009
What exactly is with the ASUU - FG Negotiation? FG is saying, 'no work, no pay' and ASUU is saying 'the ongoing strike continues till next year' Its seems they are no longer expecting any more negotiation from the FG. Nigeria is as good as Hell
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by nature262(m): 12:12am On Aug 26, 2009
@KokoA
that could be a typo so dont bring nigerian university system into that, we are taught better than that even in primary school
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Utaroz(m): 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
The sad testimony of this nation is: If ASUU were to be a militant group with guns, blowing away infrastructures, the FG would have been more responsive. It is becoming very obvious that our governments are not particularly keen on constructive dialogue. cry undecided
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nezan(m): 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
With 40% salary increase, what is ASUU demanding again?
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by jodeci(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2009
texazzpete:

You lack simple analytical skills. If service in academia is attractive enough to retain the best and brightest brains, isn't that in itself one of the most tangible long term gains you can think of?
The 'lofty demands' you scoff at, do you even know what they are? Students are being taught in dilapidated classrooms, obsolete knowledge is being passed on because only the older generation of lecturers are being left on to teach, instead of the more modernized younger folk we see in other, better countries. Engineering laboratories have non-functional equipment.
I graduated from Uni in 2003, i entered in 1998 for a 5 year programme. And i went through several strikes, including the long one in OBJ's tenure. So i wonder where you got your 7-8 years statistic from. Bullcrap!

No. You don't feel for the ones in Uni. And if you had a brain you'd know that the Uni years present an excellent opportunity for mental development. Yet it's at this stage that our students are exposed to worthless equipment and outdated experiments.
I remember my Uni days, remember when up to 15 students would huddle round ONE pendulum when carrying out an experiment. I remember the mechanical lab attendant explaining to us that none of the five lathe machines in the lab were working. They had been brought in in 1981! I remember all the first class graduates in the UNi who accepted work as lecturers assistants leaving within months to take up work in more juicy industries.
You lack the self-respect i and a few others possess. We graduate and benchmark ourselves against others and realize we come up short in many areas. How many biochemistry graduates do you know that can instantly start working in DNA research? Most of them are busy working as bank marketers. How many computers did you have in your department before you graduated? How many research grants does your government hand over to the Universities?

You're as cowardly and selfish as most Nigerians. And this is why we've always suffered, why the Govt can even raise fuel price to N100 overnight and know we'll capitulate after a few noises. Let's salute the NIgerians who have the balls to fight for what is right.

I dont need an angelto know that you are frustrated,all your responses smack of frustation.Gojump into the lake and end your frustration once an for all.
Texazzpete ko!

Synopsis of frustration.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2009
@Utaroz, you are sooo right.
Maybe the students should take up arms and ammunitions and cause violence and unrest so that those inconsiderate FG officials would finally respond to their needs.
Infact if it were in my power I would organize a violent student's riot to rebel against the actions or inactions of those theives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Official FUOYE 2019/2020 Cut Off Mark For Admission - All Departments / Jamb To Release Result Tomorrow / Improving Nigeria's Basic Education System........ My Suggestion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.