Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Letters To The FG & ASUU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letters To The FG & ASUU (7862 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by FBS: 10:38am On Sep 03, 2009
Nigeria, biko, which way forward?
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by estagirl(f): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2009
AH, AH, AH ,AH, HUM, HUM, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO BOTH FG AND ASUU HUM LADIES ARE GROWING OLD IN SCHOOL OH WHEN WILL THEY GRADUATE?BETTER SETTLE THIS YOUR ISSUE AND CALL OFF THIS STRIKE OF A THING
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by tmny: 5:52am On Sep 05, 2009
It is a fight 2 finish, my dear ASUU. Don't quit now or u'll regret doin so. F.g don rub una of na right. Best f no work no pay sa o,
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by otokx(m): 4:20am On Sep 06, 2009
FG is like the case of PHAROAH with his hardened heart but we all know the WINNERS; it will take some time though.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by lambalamb(m): 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
ASUU VS FG

All Is Well That End Well!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by mados4u: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2009
th
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by otokx(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2009
BREAKING NEWS - the agreement to be signed on monday in Abuja by the president himself.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by solomon201(m): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2009
@otox
where did u get the Info from?
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by soulamanne(m): 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2009
bleedin hearts live here sad cry the guys up there ve failed us totally.esp the youth

dont ve a letter to write cos it will do nix?imagine my case.ve nt been able to go to camp afta livin skool cos ASUU dey fight fg.my result dey with senate with nobody to seat on it.now batch c is not sure again(dis d 4th time)
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Dsomething(m): 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2009
FG vs ASUU, the second battle. embarassed
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by macauly: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
ASUU demand must be meet before education rights campaign led stundent to street in abuja to send you thievs out aso rock.because you are on stealing our resoursess why public educatyion is decaying ,because your own children re not there you fools.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by U1(m): 10:10am On Sep 16, 2009
I initially didn't want to do this, but I guess that I just have to express my view too. So here goes:

To The Federal Government

It is with deep feeling of being betrayed that I write this to you, with special emphasis on the ongoing strike in our universities, though not limited to that. It is sad that I just can't help but admit that this federal government in power is a failure, and you have yet to impress me that you have a vision at all.

You always talk about 7-point agenda,which education was supposed to be one of those points, and you have yet to achieve just one of those points, look at what you want to improve suffer at your own mercy. This government is visionless, or should I say sluggish, you keep bringing up plans which to you seem all right but it only ends there without it coming to pass. You promised us 6000 MW of electricity by December, I'm waiting to see the miracle you hope to perform on that one.

The other day I heard on a radio station's news the minister of education saying that there is nothing wrong in government officials sending their children to school overseas, that to me is the one of the most stupid utterances I have heard in a very long time. We knew you don't see anything wrong in it all along and must you come and rub salt on the wound you inflicted on us by confirming all we have been saying all along? Shameless Minster, just as you said that some of the lecturers have their children in schools overseas, though that is true, but does that now mean that those in government should do the same? It only goes to show that how leaders are clueless and foolish, this is how we re-brand Nigeria, I think . I'm sure that we have majority of government officials' children in school overseas that those of the ASUU members, something like 6:1. This current crop of leaders are simply not worth to be called that since you are more of oppressors and totalitarians to be called leaders. I'll like to remind you that you will surely explain all these actions of yours to GOD, our creator, when you die and leave this earth with all the wealth you are amassing now left behind here on earth. Think about it, or you as well decide not to die.

PS: The president was formerly in the education sector before, so I heard, look at how fantastic he is treating the sector, really fantastic.

To ASUU

You have already embarked on this strike for so long a time, even though I'm not of the opinion that you are mostly concerned with the plight of the students, I think you are fighting more for your working conditions. Not bad. But since you have decided to keep us at home this long, don't back down on your demands only to postpone it to some future date, if you do that you will be committing a huge atrocity and some people would punish you for that as can be seen on this thread.

To Prominent Nigerians

To all the prominent people in the country, please rise up and prevail on the federal government to do something fast. You may be wondering what you'll benefit from that, I tell you God will not let your efforts go in vain and I'm sure that he will reward you both here on earth and in the hereafter. I believe that we have more of Gani Fawehinmi around, even better people, please prove right.

To otokx

You need to prove it to me that you are a "concerned student", yeah right.

I'll be waiting to see if we have concerned people around.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Oxytrack: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2009
The one and only solution to this whole thing is Nation wide Student Peaceful demonstration. The Federal government dont even remember that students are staying at home, Prostituting, planning who to adopt for ransom, learning how to use AK47, shop lifting and a lot of crimes, we were bothered with the fact that Federal government do not provides job opportunities after graduation at least we become the first country to have graduate engineers as Okada riders, Babers, hotel steward etc. Pls pay the lecturers let us go back to school.
GOVERNMENT NEED TO REMEMBER THAT GOD GAVE THIS OIL TO ALL OF US
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by otokx(m): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2009
Na wa o so am now a party to the dispute shey?
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by U1(m): 11:32am On Sep 17, 2009
otokx:

Na wa o so am now a party to the dispute shey?

So it seems.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Afolabis(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
Do know dat there is nothing so unless dan yaradua's 7point agenda.
Our figure headed so call president has achieved but nothing.
And they said he was formally a teacher but doesn't really know d impart & value of education,may he was among those lecturers dat collect bribe 2 pass his student.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by pearlzz: 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2009
This has been something else started in june and now almost 3mths counting, and we the students have been used as the grass upon which the FG and ASUU fight upon, right now we are in a dark tunnel and we arent seeing the light cos both parties have refused to come to a settlement but instead they stay home and sulk like babies waiting for who i don;t know to make the first move, my advice to my fellow students try and find something doing it could be a job of some sort, learning to sew, cook, drive,upgrade ur computer skills etc anything u have never had the time to do, Lets keep the faith up, at the end of it all God wd vindicate us,

Greatest Nigerian students
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Igboamalu: 10:48am On Sep 18, 2009
The situation in this Naija is like a bunch of blind passengers driven by a drunken and reckless driver! embarassed embarassed
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by claycares: 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
nice 1
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by joesblizz: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2009
don my them god will repatrict their children back to nigeria
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by joesblizz: 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2009
my guys them
the problem is that nigeria govt are too weak,apart from ASUU no govt man is distorbing the president about the strike bces their sons are in private university.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by sojiboy(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2009
its not ASUU fault keeping us at home its the useless fedral government for not keepin there promies.
if anyone is to be blame then it should be fedral govt and the useless National Association of Nigerian Students who do not know the right thin to do.
My own opinion is a mass protest should be held throughout the whole nation showin Nigerian Students griviances.Yar-Adua is too Unhealthy to rule this Country.
Minister for education Sam Ewu should resign or else,
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by estagirl(f): 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2009
its over 3months now and there is no hope .ASUU please make sure you fight to the end and call the Federal government to come back to the negotiating table so that you can finalize issues, cant wait to resume school we know we have already missed lectures cause the semester is gone just help us so that we can go and write our exams.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 22, 2009
@ last poster, what 'bout those graduating, dnt jus come here posting crap, form ur own topic, Titled ADMISSION for BEGINNERS
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by jerryomega(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2009
First of all, I must appreciate the effort of my dear friend U1 for his comments. You see, the Nigerian situation, most especially Educationally is a critical problem that must be takkled NOW or leave it in order to suffer for its consquences in future.

The only way forward is to fight to finish, let all Nigerian youth get up and fight! Why would the strike not waxing strong for months even years when majority of these politicians' children are not here schooling in this country or studying in so-called government insitutions. So, how did you think they would feel the pains we are passing through.
I will also advice some of us that knew these politicians' children, that is schooling abroad, to relay their names, their institutions and their contact address to Nigerian.

You are asking, what would this amount to? Ha,   It will surely work out I promised. We will try as much as possible to kidnap these people, not to harm them anyway, but for them too to miss 1 or 2 semesters and see how painful it is to stay at home wasting precious time as well as been an undergraduate for 2 or 3 extra years instead of normal years meant for each field.

Other way of accomplishing result is to engage in peaceful rally as mentioned earlier but in my own opinion with little adjustment or upgradement. About 5,000 students or youths from each state will match to each state secretariat and letting them know that, we are here to be sleeping and eating and toileting and bathing,  here, as from now on -  if there is no hope for us (youth), then there should be no office for you rulers. Let convert their offices to residential apartment!

Other thing for the ASUU is to declare a mass retirement for themselves. You are confused? Let ALL of them say this sentence(s) after me, WE ARE NOT READY TO WORK ANYMORE IF THERE IS NO PRACTICAL SOLUTION TO THESE PROBLEMS ON GROUND, GIVE US OUR PENSION and GRATUITY AND LET US LEAVE the UNIVERSITIES FOR YOU! as simple as that,

My advice might look a bit funny, but if you can digest it with a concentrated mind, it would do us good in this country.
Thanks
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Chaaaan(f): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2009
You guys have forgotten dat some of dese ASUU officials have their children enrolled into some the Nig. Unis. They are all fighting 4 our future. FG needs to concentrate on our education cos it is the active ingredient of this country's growth. I still can't understand why dey shuld host the U-17 FIFA World Cup when we are wasting our time at home. Tanx 2 NANS cos dey said said dey were goin' 2 disrupt de event if nothin' happens b/4 October. GREAT NIGERIAN STUDENTS!!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Dclique(m): 10:04pm On Sep 24, 2009
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by joesblizz: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2009
is oau assitant dirctor to ASUU
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by galleria(f): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2009
ASSU,
I wud start by sayin dat you have no conscience. y cant u jst collect the 40% salary increase and go back to the classrooms? is it becuz ure being paid even at home? i must say ure heartless and ruining de future of nigerian students whch will result to more militants, armed robbers, prostitutes and u,ll all be victims.

FG,
Uve turned nigeria to a country with low level of education. shame unto u. u waste money on amnesty yet cant fund education which is our future. i dont blame u its because your children are in foreign universities dats y u dont feel it and yet ure busy travellin out' celebratin sallah nd bithdays. this govt is a total failure.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by joesblizz: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2009
pls ASUU do call up the strike we have tired of staying home pls i beg oooooooo & oau you people should give us hope for our pume exams so that we can have rest of mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NABTEB Releases 2019 Results, Reals Out Performances / Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / Beautiful Extra-ordinary Black Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.