Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) (41172 Views)

Rev. Tochukwu Maduanusi Dies In Accident Along Oba/nnewi Road (Graphic) / Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Accident Along Ibadan Expressway. Graphic Photos / Accident Along Enugu/Port Harcourt Expressway, Victims Rushed To FMC Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by nory113: 3:07pm On May 22, 2016
Wow!!!!!! This is really crazy... lipsrsealed cry cry cry. Doesn't seem like any1 survived cry rip 2 d dead
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 22, 2016
banme1:
have u considered mechanical faults
I know it is a possibility, but ask ur self why PEACE is always on the leading side.... In terms of Road traffic Accidents....?

Mind u This doesn't exclude others. ...
But PEACE DRIVERS are MAD, Reckless and careless.
Have u boarded AGOFURE before... ?

What's the Accident Incidence of AGOFURE per year.. ?
What's the Accident Incidence of ABC per year... ?

Don't they ply on roads.. .?
PEACE DRIVERS will finish south east ooooooo.
I don't care what caused this one, but on several occasions i have boarded PEACE, it was like my prayer points were on siege
Be warned....!!

2 Likes

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by symbianDON(m): 3:14pm On May 22, 2016
atilla:
I would like to know how exactly this happened. Didn't they see each other to be going at such speed to hit each other like this.
drawing inferences from the pictures, the bus driver appears to have caused the accident. the bus is clearly off its lane while the truck is in its lane. the road surface is seen to be clearly wet hence it can be safely assumed that it was actually raining when the accident occurred or it had just finished raining. at any rate I want to hypothesize that poor visibility and incorrect judgment on the path of the bus driver were the primary causes of the vehicular crash.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by HomeOfMe(f): 3:15pm On May 22, 2016
May they rest in peace.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 22, 2016
This is too fatal!!!!!!! The accident is colossal!!!! Their death is hearth-breaking
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by izzou(m): 3:16pm On May 22, 2016
From my judgement,the bus must have been on high speed
This is so sad
And a piece of warning to we the comuters If a driver is ovespeeding,caution him... We only live once
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by uyplus(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2016
Icecomrade:

Tommorrow some one will tell me this government is not biased against the igbos

Was GEJ not biased against the ibos? Why didn't he fix the roads all thru his catastrophic regime?

5 Likes

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 22, 2016
Here we go again ,some brains are closed with hatred. I don't know how some think. Looking at that pics alone can confirm that the driver was speeding and ski off his Lane to another Lane causing head on collision, judging by that numbers if casualties and impact.
It was also seen from the pics that there was rainfall which might helped the bus to skid off the road faster. That road is not that bad from the pics. Why the guy blaming bubu, I don't know. Rip to the dead.
uyplus:

Was GEJ not biased against the ibos? Why didn't he fix the roads all thru his catastrophic regime?
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by ckmayoca: 3:32pm On May 22, 2016
atilla:
I would like to know how exactly this happened. Didn't they see each other to be going at such speed to hit each other like this.

Things like this often happen whenever one over takes without seing the front ahead due to some vehicle that cld take one lane due to bad road on there own lane.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by ckmayoca: 3:35pm On May 22, 2016
priceaction:
Here we go again ,some brains are closed with hatred. I don't know how some think. Looking at that pics alone can confirm that the driver was speeding and ski off his Lane to another Lane causing head on collision, judging by that numbers if casualties and impact.
It was also seen from the pics that there was rainfall which might helped the bus to skid off the road faster. That road is not that bad from the pics. Why the guy blaming bubu, I don't know. Rip to the dead.

Bro forget the pic the road is bad. I plied it last year new year. Sometime one lane is used.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by berrystunn(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2016
RIP

So many pain somewhere

many have pass on
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Icecomrade: 3:40pm On May 22, 2016
uyplus:

I was expecting comments like this from APC TANIODS.

If you ply that road, and see the level work already done by the past government on that road, u won't quote we when you lack nothing to say
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Nwaonyeocha: 3:43pm On May 22, 2016
PMT and accident is like bread and butter.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by dokiOloye(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2016
EVILFOREST:
Most PEACE DRIVERS are demons.
They are YOUNG, DRUNKARDS, full of life.

They are the worst in the country..
Because of them, the MANAGEMENT of PEACE TRANSIT had to manage the SPEED LIMIT of every vehicle.

The MANAGEMENT ensured a maximum of 100km/hr.

Yet they have remained Recalcitrant
The management of peace mass transit is so terrible.
They will go to Nsukka and recruit all d touts and hand them over bus keys to be killing ppl anyhow.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by berrystunn(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2016
EVILFOREST:

My friend, it is very common with PEACE DRIVERS.

AGOFURE embarks on only one trip after which the DRIVERS go for a nap.
They never exceed 100km /hr.

Even when overtaking, they show professionalism.
They don't carry LADIES in front most times.
They avoid Arguments.
Their DRIVERS are elderly Family MEN., so they ensure safety because they want to see their CHILDREN

elderly family men think too much , he may even think and forget his driving, and other drivers using that same road , must have smoke or drink one for the road.....

any mistake na RIP , there is no coming back..
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by kan12(m): 4:11pm On May 22, 2016
16 passengers died at the spot,just passed the scene now.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by bokey(m): 4:30pm On May 22, 2016
Our lives in Nigeria is full of risks, if not accidents it's over speedy with bad condition of road together with worn out tyres. May God help us all......r.i.p to d deceased souls.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Austin234(m): 4:30pm On May 22, 2016
RIP to d dead and fortitude to families.

But, come to think of it, whats d govt doing to reduce carnage on our roads? Most of our roads have become death trap.

Oh! God help us and save us from our careles govt
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by bluebella(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2016
Blame!!! Most drivers are not experienced. They just learnt driving behind their house and the next thing they are given car keys to start driving I had an accident on that road last year...the bus swayed out of the road and back into the road, started wobbling and final fell on the tarred road on its side. God was so merciful that no one died but various degrees of injuries. In as much as the roads are quite narrow and bad...drivers should go for proper driving lessons before being allowed to drive. I rest my case.

RIP to the deads.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by ngoben(f): 4:39pm On May 22, 2016
EVILFOREST:

My friend, it is very common with PEACE DRIVERS.

AGOFURE embarks on only one trip after which the DRIVERS go for a nap.
They never exceed 100km /hr.

Even when overtaking, they show professionalism.
They don't carry LADIES in front most times.
They avoid Arguments.
Their DRIVERS are elderly Family MEN., so they ensure safety because they want to see their CHILDREN
peace mass transit na like bread and butter
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by phranq(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2016
banme1:
have u considered mechanical faults

mechanical fault?? in a head on collision?? bros Nawa to u oooo. abeg na only recklessness can cause it...quote me anywhr

1 Like

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by 400billionman: 4:53pm On May 22, 2016
atilla:

You can see that the road is very wet, perhaps rained heavily.

And the peace bus is on a wrong lane.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by diegwu01: 4:53pm On May 22, 2016
Icecomrade:

Sad
Buhari ignored Enugu - Porthacourt express way in his recently approved projects as important as that road is .

This accident is a head on collision because some part of that road is still in a bad state.

Tommorrow some one will tell me this government is not biased against the igbos

I thought the Igbos said GEJ fixed 30000km of roads, So he left this very important road in the SE with bad patches?

RIP to the dead, the accident looks like it was caused by over-speeding or carelessness, the road looks fine to me.

1 Like

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by 400billionman: 4:55pm On May 22, 2016
kan12:
16 passengers died at the spot,just passed the scene now.

Where is the exact location ?

NNPC, Tower abi Ubakala ?

Hummer 2 carries 15 passengers plus driver so everyone in that vehicle died..
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Icecomrade: 4:59pm On May 22, 2016
diegwu01:

I thought the Igbos said GEJ fixed 30000km of roads, So he left this very important road in the SE with bad patches?

RIP to the dead, the accident looks like it was caused by over-speeding or carelessness, the road looks fine to me.

GGEJ did. Some part of that road is still unfixed
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by YOUNGKAHUNA: 5:11pm On May 22, 2016
peace mass transit, those guys drive with abundant recklessness, overtake at the wrong side of the road, sometimes I wonder if the passengers don't query the driver.....RIP to the dead
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by banme1(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2016
phranq:

mechanical fault?? in a head on collision?? bros Nawa to u oooo. abeg na only recklessness can cause it...quote me anywhr
what are u saying. Assuming u have a broken tie rod, propeller damage u can involve in an head on collision dude.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Rich4god(m): 5:17pm On May 22, 2016
EVILFOREST:

I know it is a possibility, but ask ur self why PEACE is always on the leading side.... In terms of Road traffic Accidents....?

Mind u This doesn't exclude others. ...
But PEACE DRIVERS are MAD, Reckless and careless.
Have u boarded AGOFURE before... ?

What's the Accident Incidence of AGOFURE per year.. ?
What's the Accident Incidence of ABC per year... ?

Don't they ply on roads.. .?
PEACE DRIVERS will finish south east ooooooo.
I don't care what caused this one, but on several occasions i have boarded PEACE, it was like my prayer points were on siege
Be warned....!!
Guy... Am not siding any company, but this is pure mathematics and statistics... PMT has more vehicle than any other transport company in Naija... Talk abt the law of probability.
In southern Nigeria, 7 in evry 10 buses plying the road belong to PMT, then do the calculation. Have you ever traveled from Abj to any state in the south... Almost every 10 min, you will see a bus that belong to PMT. Use your maths skills and do the probability of PMT bus being involved in an accident.

Same thing is applicable to dangote trucks... cos of their numbers.

Look well, you dont even knw if its the trailer thats at fault in this accident. The environment shows that its rained, so any thing could have happened. But one thing is certain, the casualty was high cos of high speed... And going by the law of physics (the relationship btw force, speed and mass/weight) the culprit will most likely be the trailer driver. (thats the person at speed)... Cos frm exp, PMT buses hardly exceed 120km/hr due to speed limiting device. But like I said earlie, am not defending PMT.

RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by LEXYCOM: 5:21pm On May 22, 2016
What can I say by to still thank God.......me a sinful sinner and God still keep me alive
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Rich4god(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2016
symbianDON:

drawing inferences from the pictures, the bus driver appears to have caused the accident. the bus is clearly off its lane while the truck is in its lane. the road surface is seen to be clearly wet hence it can be safely assumed that it was actually raining when the accident occurred or it had just finished raining. at any rate I want to hypothesize that poor visibility and incorrect judgment on the path of the bus driver were the primary causes of the vehicular crash.
Two things is on my mind.... 1)mayb the bus driver was over taking a vehicle at a sharp bend, so he didnt see d upcoming trailer. Take a good look at the road, seems a little curvy.... and judging from the impact, the trailer is on high speed.
2)the road might be straight, but probably, due to the rain, the bus lost traction and ram into the trailer.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by jossyj: 5:30pm On May 22, 2016
Peace mass transit employes the worst set of drivers
Always getting involved in this kind of accident
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by symbianDON(m): 5:42pm On May 22, 2016
Rich4god:

Two things is on my mind.... 1)mayb the bus driver was over taking a vehicle at a sharp bend, so he didnt see d upcoming trailer. Take a good look at the road, seems a little curvy.... and judging from the impact, the trailer is on high speed.
2)the road might be straight, but probably, due to the rain, the bus lost traction and ram into the trailer.
you are very right. however we can't conclude that the truck was on high speed. the collision is inelastic. the wiegh of the trailer version the weight of the bus is very very significant and so even if the truck was stationary, if the bus rammed into it at considerable speed, there would still be extensive damage to the bus as against the truck. it's obvious that the bus was moving at excessive speed when the accident occurred.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World War II Plane Crashes In US Airport, Kills At Least 7 Persons / 4 Airplane Facts That Can Cure Any Fear Of Flying / Most Beautiful Cities In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.