Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) (41170 Views)

Rev. Tochukwu Maduanusi Dies In Accident Along Oba/nnewi Road (Graphic) / Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Accident Along Ibadan Expressway. Graphic Photos / Accident Along Enugu/Port Harcourt Expressway, Victims Rushed To FMC Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Rich4god(m): 5:49pm On May 22, 2016
symbianDON:

you are very right. however we can't conclude that the truck was on high speed. the collision is inelastic. the wiegh of the trailer version the weight of the bus is very very significant and so even if the truck was stationary, if the bus rammed into it at considerable speed, there would still be extensive damage to the bus as against the truck. it's obvious that the bus was moving at excessive speed when the accident occurred.
If the trailer was stationary of moving at say... 30-50km/hr with the bus moving at 100km/hr, the damage might not have been this much. Most likely, it will the the front and second seat. But look at the damage done to the bus. It covered almost half of the bus, thats to the 3rd seat. It shows that the trailers speed is really considerable.
Why am not talking more abt the bus' speed is cos on average, a shuttling bus speed is supposed to be arnd 100/120km/hr
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Reference(m): 5:51pm On May 22, 2016
PMT really needs to clean up its act. I've heard so many things about their operations, mainly unsavoury.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 22, 2016
PMT drivers are paid their monthly based on how journey they make in a day. That's why most people prefer Ifesinachi Motors, the drivers listen to you when you ask them to reduce speed. Tell a driver of PMT to reduce his speed, you have opened the gate of hell,he won't listen to you,instead he will start tongue lashing you. I am sure the driver of the ill fated bus must be thinking of the next journey. Even when you complain the management does not take any serious action. The drivers going to Enugu, Onitsha they all drive recklessly. Is only PMT drivers that will see a bend, and yet you see like 10 of them in a long stretch overtaking a trailer. If only there was another transport company that has buses plying all routes like PMT his business would have folded. The people who enter their buses do so because, there is no alternative. Rest in peace to the departed souls.

1 Like

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by LydayBobo(m): 6:00pm On May 22, 2016
EVILFOREST:

My friend, it is very common with PEACE DRIVERS.

AGOFURE embarks on only one trip after which the DRIVERS go for a nap.
They never exceed 100km /hr.

Even when overtaking, they show professionalism.
They don't carry LADIES in front most times.
They avoid Arguments.
Their DRIVERS are elderly Family MEN., so they ensure safety because they want to see their CHILDREN
You're right
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by symbianDON(m): 6:00pm On May 22, 2016
Rich4god:
If the trailer was stationary of moving at say... 30-50km/hr with the bus moving at 100km/hr, the damage might not have been this much. Most likely, it will the the front and second seat. But look at the damage done to the bus. It covered almost half of the bus, thats to the 3rd seat. It shows that the trailers speed is really considerable.
Why am not talking more abt the bus' speed is cos on average, a shuttling bus speed is supposed to be arnd 100/120km/hr
the accident was terrible and heart rending. only God really knows what happened exactly. we can only make postulates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Majorking66(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2016
@icecomrade,
don't say Buhari is biased or whatever, when GEJ was the President and we claimed that he is our brother; what did he do to our road rather he was busy embezzling funds.
May the soul of the dead RIP
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by samonom(m): 6:22pm On May 22, 2016
I saw their new many buses in their port Harcourt park this morning on my way to church, different thought came to my mind, could not imagine how. Innocent blood, it is only God that know. RIP
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Icecomrade: 6:34pm On May 22, 2016
Majorking66:
@icecomrade,
don't say Buhari is biased or whatever, when GEJ was the President and we claimed that he is our brother; what did he do to our road rather he was busy embezzling funds.
May the soul of the dead RIP

Are suggesting that maintenance work was not done on that road during GEJ administration? .
How much did Jonathan embezzle.
Do you have facts and prove or just just making wild statements?

If you don't have anything to say don't quote me. I know the saboteurs of igbo land when they post comments
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by valinda(m): 7:27pm On May 22, 2016
kan12:
16 passengers died at the spot,just passed the scene now.
where is the bus coming from
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by richiepolymer(m): 7:27pm On May 22, 2016
May the souls of the departed find peace. There are some transport companies that Nigerians should be wary of. I don't want to mention names to demarket any of them but truth be said, some of them don't train their errant drivers, no adherence to speed limit and safety consciousness. Many if us leave the driver alone to do the driving....tufiakwa. Whenever you travel make sure you observe what your driver is doing behind the wheels, observe the decisions he's making on the road. How does he overtake? Is he behaving like optimus prime or 007? Is he giving enough distance from the vehicle in front of him? Is he having signs of fatigue? Is his speed above speed limit? On Nigerian roads, drivers switch lane at will. Some even take the opposite lane and drive like its their lane not minding that other vehicles may be coming on top speed.
Yes there's God factor but many lives have been cut short due to out own making.
I wish we start paying more attention.
Peace
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by vicmela(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2016
Which kind wahala be this, the driver dey sleep? chia!!! RIP
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by MENFASHIONCLUB(m): 7:42pm On May 22, 2016
Now I must comment about the notoriety of PMT(Peace Mass Transit) and AKTC(Akwa Ibom Transport Corporation). The drivers of these Transport Companies are not trained. Simply put, they contitute themselves as a dangerous nuisance to other road users and their passengers.

I will personally send mail to FRSC to address the Management of these too Notorious Transport Companies.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Bekeey: 8:28pm On May 22, 2016
RIP TO D DEADS ND QUICK RECOVERY TO D INJURED
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 22, 2016
Rich4god:

Guy... Am not siding any company, but this is pure mathematics and statistics... PMT has more vehicle than any other transport company in Naija... Talk abt the law of probability.
In southern Nigeria, 7 in evry 10 buses plying the road belong to PMT, then do the calculation. Have you ever traveled from Abj to any state in the south... Almost every 10 min, you will see a bus that belong to PMT. Use your maths skills and do the probability of PMT bus being involved in an accident.

Same thing is applicable to dangote trucks... cos of their numbers.

Look well, you dont even knw if its the trailer thats at fault in this accident. The environment shows that its rained, so any thing could have happened. But one thing is certain, the casualty was high cos of high speed... And going by the law of physics (the relationship btw force, speed and mass/weight) the culprit will most likely be the trailer driver. (thats the person at speed)... Cos frm exp, PMT buses hardly exceed 120km/hr due to speed limiting device. But like I said earlie, am not defending PMT.

RIP to the dead.

I boarded a peace mass transit bus to owerri last year... Jeez, web we got to ore, i jus decided to look at d mans speedometer cus the windows were shut n you would hardly notice any increase in speed... Saw what shocked me... 155km/hr...choi my heart skipped a beat... Called d attention of the passengers ooh d guy was jus laffing saying we 2 day fear.... Imagine... Na prayer full my mouth ooo till i enter control, owerri thats where i canceled peace ooo... You want professionalism, go for God is Good, abc.. Tho only God saves, we as humans ought to do our part... U cant say u serve God, so u wont die n lay in the middle of an highway.... R. I. P to d dead

2 Likes

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Rich4god(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2016
toch1997:

I boarded a peace mass transit bus to owerri last year... Jeez, web we got to ore, i jus decided to look at d mans speedometer cus the windows were shut n you would hardly notice any increase in speed... Saw what shocked me... 155km/hr...choi my heart skipped a beat... Called d attention of the passengers ooh d guy was jus laffing saying we 2 day fear.... Imagine... Na prayer full my mouth ooo till i enter control, owerri thats where i canceled peace ooo... You want professionalism, go for God is Good, abc.. Tho only God saves, we as humans ought to do our part... U cant say u serve God, so u wont die n lay in the middle of an highway.... R. I. P to d dead
shocked shocked shocked
Last yr you said...?
I did rather believe Lai Mohd than believe the bolded....
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 22, 2016
rip

1 Like

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by vinosweet(f): 9:22pm On May 22, 2016
Oh! God,...... may the souls of the dead rest in peace. And I won't forget to thank God specially for the journey mercy He granted me today. Never take a second of your breath for granted. Be thankful and try to live right and do good at all time, it could have been anyone. God have mercy [color=#000099][/color] cry
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by graphiti: 9:48pm On May 22, 2016
Icecomrade:

Sad
Buhari ignored Enugu - Porthacourt express way in his recently approved projects as important as that road is .

This accident is a head on collision because some part of that road is still in a bad state.

Tommorrow some one will tell me this government is not biased against the igbos

SMH!
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by mavtrevor(m): 12:39am On May 23, 2016
OMG!!! Please if you don't have mind don't watch...

Peace Mass Transit Fatal Accident Along Umuahia - Okigwe Expressway (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z5YUFlzR54
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by obailala(m): 12:50am On May 23, 2016
Icecomrade:

Sad
Buhari ignored Enugu - Porthacourt express way in his recently approved projects as important as that road is .

This accident is a head on collision because some part of that road is still in a bad state.

Tommorrow some one will tell me this government is not biased against the igbos
Why do some of you allow your hearts to be so filled with hatred, to the point that it begins to interfere with reason?.... about N5billion was actually budgeted for this road you mentioned but obviously your pre-determined hated for buhari and your natural instinct to claim marginalisation, has prevented you from taking note of this fact.

Meanwhile the Jonathan who you claim loves igbos so much, even with all the trillions at his disposal and for his 5 years rule, didnt think it necessary to do jack about the road, but you had absolutely no problem with jonathan. Instead you chose to vent your anger at a buhari who just passed his first budget and who has actually included this road as one of the planned projects. Bros make una try dey fear God small abeg, this attitude will take us nowhere...

2 Likes

Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Bullet01(f): 6:28am On May 23, 2016
PHC1stBorn:
So sad ...may the soul of d departed rest in peace. .....its obvious that d driver of the truck was in d wrong lane probably trying to avoid potholes while d peace mass driver was caught unaware in heavy collision while speeding on a wet surface .
Obviously the truck is on the wrong side of the road. U are correct.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Icecomrade: 6:29am On May 23, 2016
obailala:
Why do some of you allow your hearts to be so filled with hatred, to the point that it begins to interfere with reason?.... about N5billion was actually budgeted for this road you mentioned but obviously your pre-determined hated for buhari and your natural instinct to claim marginalisation, has prevented you from taking note of this fact.

Meanwhile the Jonathan who you claim loves igbos so much, even with all the trillions at his disposal and for his 5 years rule, didnt think it necessary to do jack about the road, but you had absolutely no problem with jonathan. Instead you chose to vent your anger at a buhari who just passed his first budget and who has actually included this road as one of the planned projects. Bros make una try dey fear God small abeg, this attitude will take us nowhere...

Did you say Jonathan didn't work on porthancourt - Enugu express way?

One thing I ve known for sure is that supporting Buhari/APC led government be-clouds peoples sense of reasoning.
Read the two references below and you will be shocked about how much you have been badly damaged too.

Get a reset

FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt ...

www.nairaland.com/.../fec-approves-n124bn-reconstruction-enu...

http://www.weeklypostng.org/2016/05/2016-budget-see-list-25-approved-road.html
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by obailala(m): 8:26am On May 23, 2016
Icecomrade:

Did you say Jonathan didn't work on porthancourt - Enugu express way?

One thing I ve known for sure is that supporting Buhari/APC led government be-clouds peoples sense of reasoning.
Read the two references below and you will be shocked about how much you have been badly damaged too.

Get a reset

FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt ...

www.nairaland.com/.../fec-approves-n124bn-reconstruction-enu...

http://www.weeklypostng.org/2016/05/2016-budget-see-list-25-approved-road.html
So because 124bn was approved for the road ON PAPER, ot now means the road has been done even though a simple drive through the road proves otherwise?.... why dont you go and ride on the smooth road ON PAPER?... Never have I seen this kind of absurd gullibility until the coming of GEJ, the love for GEJ has totally messed up the minds of many. Please tell me where the 124bn went to for the road to still remain the way it is?... or did weavils consume the money as usual?....

...and by the way, the list of roads mentioned on the second link you provided is not the comprehensive list of roads, you should go get the complete budget from the budget office site and peruse the ministry of works' complete budget.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by hausadreturn(m): 8:52am On May 23, 2016
Doxie69:
PMT drivers are paid their monthly based on how journey they make in a day. That's why most people prefer Ifesinachi Motors, the drivers listen to you when you ask them to reduce speed. Tell a driver of PMT to reduce his speed, you have opened the gate of hell,he won't listen to you,instead he will start tongue lashing you. I am sure the driver of the ill fated bus must be thinking of the next journey. Even when you complain the management does not take any serious action. The drivers going to Enugu, Onitsha they all drive recklessly. Is only PMT drivers that will see a bend, and yet you see like 10 of them in a long stretch overtaking a trailer. If only there was another transport company that has buses plying all routes like PMT his business would have folded. The people who enter their buses do so because, there is no alternative. Rest in peace to the departed souls.
The people do not enter their buses bases on only alternative. It is choice.
There're hundreds companies plying Lagos to the east on a daily basis.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by Davec2fly: 4:24pm On May 23, 2016
I know that road perfectly well.....and I use peace mass all the time.....from my travels with them....I can say that yes some of them drive recklessly....but all of them plying okigwe to umuahia route are professionals when it comes to overtaking.....they don't miscalculate their overtakes atal...so head on collisions rarely happens....so back to the accident....the road that accident happened is perfectly smooth with no single pothole....infact it was completed about a month or two ago....buh the other lane is so bad and unattended to resulting in all motorists utilizing a single lane....so from my knowledge of the road, the peace bus was going to enugu and is on the right lane while the truck was on the wrong lane and maybe trying to overtake another vehicle from the bus's lane(you know trailers and their bullish attitudes on expressways...always forcing oncoming vehicles outta the road to complete their overtakes) without the bus driver anticipating the trailers overtake...the accident occurred. Simple as that. I've traveled with peace a lot this year. They good at overtaking......and the best bus to travel with within southeast cus their drivers are used to the roads....they know exactly where the next pothole is. RIP
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by hausadreturn(m): 7:19pm On May 24, 2016
berrystunn:

elderly family men think too much , he may even think and forget his driving, and other drivers using that same road , must have smoke or drink one for the road.....

any mistake na RIP , there is no coming back..
elderly family men are the ones handling luxurious buses.
How many accidents of luxury buses have u heard in 10 years?
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by berrystunn(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2016
hausadreturn:
elderly family men are the ones handling luxurious buses.
How many accidents of luxury buses have u heard in 10 years?

Because of the small buses, the percentage of luxury bus, on the road is very low.
On like before.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by dolpaz: 11:53am On May 25, 2016
EVILFOREST:

My friend, it is very common with PEACE DRIVERS.

AGOFURE embarks on only one trip after which the DRIVERS go for a nap.
They never exceed 100km /hr.

Even when overtaking, they show professionalism.
They don't carry LADIES in front most times.
They avoid Arguments.
Their DRIVERS are elderly Family MEN., so they ensure safety because they want to see their CHILDREN

You are so very right bro. I always avoid PEACE MASS TRANSIT like a plague right from when I served in Ebonyi state. they killed some corpers in Ilorin 3 days to passing out parade.

Their drivers are DEMONS. I would rather walk for Buhari than embark on a journey with Peace Mass transit.

Please, Avoid them

Thanks
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by JayZ55: 2:13pm On May 26, 2016
obailala:
So because 124bn was approved for the road ON PAPER, ot now means the road has been done even though a simple drive through the road proves otherwise?.... why dont you go and ride on the smooth road ON PAPER?... Never have I seen this kind of absurd gullibility until the coming of GEJ, the love for GEJ has totally messed up the minds of many. Please tell me where the 124bn went to for the road to still remain the way it is?... or did weavils consume the money as usual?....

...and by the way, the list of roads mentioned on the second link you provided is not the comprehensive list of roads, you should go get the complete budget from the budget office site and peruse the ministry of works' complete budget.

Mr, rather its the hate for GEJ evident in your reply and strange love and fanaticism for Buhari that has so messed up the minds of so many and led us to this economic disaster we are in today and in the fans of Buhari's eyes they just wont accept or believe it, that is what you call a totally messed up mind! If GEJ was President today and fuel sold for 145, dollar against naira the way it is now, no tomatoes, everything expensive, no electricity, people loosing jobs instead of people being employed, untold hardship.... people like you would have created, manufactured, added new words in dictionaries just to insult him but as its 'almighty', 'saint' Buhari.... see you smiling and explaining why it is so. PMB and his fans, Una Good Afternoon!
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by obailala(m): 3:50pm On May 26, 2016
JayZ55:

Mr, rather its the hate for GEJ evident in your reply and strange love and fanaticism for Buhari that has so messed up the minds of so many and led us to this economic disaster we are in today and in the fans of Buhari's eyes they just wont accept or believe it, that is what you call a totally messed up mind! If GEJ was President today and fuel sold for 145, dollar against naira the way it is now, no tomatoes, everything expensive, no electricity, people loosing jobs instead of people being employed, untold hardship.... people like you would have created, manufactured, added new words in dictionaries just to insult him but as its 'almighty', 'saint' Buhari.... see you smiling and explaining why it is so. PMB and his fans, Una Good Afternoon!
I dont have any hate for GEJ, I only have a disgust at the way some of his fanatics have sent their brains on permanent vacation. Try and focus on the content of my comment and stop drifting away. A dilapidated road is reported and someone comes out in defense to say GEJ budgeted N124bn for the road several years ago; so I wonder, should we be clapping for GEJ even though the road is still in its exact same dilapidated state several years later?... If you cannot get the point in what I just said, then you might just be one of the sentimentally messed up minds we both talk about.

And yes, the reasons behind the economic downturn are very obvious for anyone with a brain to discern. If you are as objective and smart as you think you are, then you should have attempted to counter the arguments of those of us who say buhari isn't fully responsible for the current economic downturn; but instead, your idea of an objective person is one who just jumps out and blames the president for every and any problem (even for climatic events). No doubts, the government might have made some missteps, but anyone with a brain knows the reasons behind all the negatives you just mentioned above. I wouldn't just sit down and start insulting buhari because some people (who out of misguided emotions) have refused to reason clearly expect me to.
Re: Accident Along Umuahia Road (Pictured) by JayZ55: 10:22pm On May 26, 2016
obailala:
I dont have any hate for GEJ, I only have a disgust at the way some of his fanatics have sent their brains on permanent vacation. Try and focus on the content of my comment and stop drifting away. A dilapidated road is reported and someone comes out in defense to say GEJ budgeted N124bn for the road several years ago; so I wonder, should we be clapping for GEJ even though the road is still in its exact same dilapidated state several years later?... If you cannot get the point in what I just said, then you might just be one of the sentimentally messed up minds we both talk about.

And yes, the reasons behind the economic downturn are very obvious for anyone with a brain to discern. If you are as objective and smart as you think you are, then you should have attempted to counter the arguments of those of us who say buhari isn't fully responsible for the current economic downturn; but instead, your idea of an objective person is one who just jumps out and blames the president for every and any problem (even for climatic events). No doubts, the government might have made some missteps, but anyone with a brain knows the reasons behind all the negatives you just mentioned above. I wouldn't just sit down and start insulting buhari because some people (who out of misguided emotions) have refused to reason clearly expect me to.
Your response only proved one thing, I was right! See you happily and proudly giving excuses why Nigeria is the way it is today, Mr, weldone o!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World War II Plane Crashes In US Airport, Kills At Least 7 Persons / 4 Airplane Facts That Can Cure Any Fear Of Flying / Most Beautiful Cities In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.