Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan (54782 Views)

"Should Have Gotten A Bigger Venue" Davido Says As Eko Hotel Is Over Crowded / Mr 2kay's Management Releases Official Statement About The Eko Hotel Robbery / Lamboginny Raises Alarm Over Major Holes On The Eko Bridge In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by danjaba(m): 5:37pm On May 22, 2016
Lame excuse. Peter sue the fucking idiot.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by BumbleDevil: 5:43pm On May 22, 2016
Irrespective of what happened, you have NO RIGHT to slap anybody.......you just don't have any justification for your silly act. How I wish I am Peter Ethan, I wont settle for monetary damages, I will charge you for a case of assault and make sure I took a picture of you entering KIRIKIRI. Fools everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Okesinoh: 5:46pm On May 22, 2016
VocalWalls:
Lalasticlala please update this story, It would be nice for people to read his own side of the story.
You Can Read More Here
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by adconline(m): 5:48pm On May 22, 2016
thesicilian:
From his own explanation his action is understandable, but not acceptable. If he was being tossed around by the gatemen like he said, he could have simply called a senior security officer close by to take control of the situation, instead of stooping so low as to start a fight. He's lucky that the gateman turned out to be more matured in character and did not retaliate...

One thing we should never forget is that some people by virtue of their standing in the society are held to higher behavioral standards than the general public.

''Who anger don epp? ''
Nothing is understandable about causing physical injury or harm to your fellow human. It's a Naija way of oppressing folks who are beneath us. He wouldn't do it the manager of the hotel or event organizer!! It's common security man now, he has no "connect" and fat bank account.
Same moms beat their house maids and house maids beat their kids, husbands beat their wives and wives beat their kids.. We have built a culture of inflicting injury on the most vulnerable members of the society!!

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by rotile247(m): 5:51pm On May 22, 2016
I blame both the Giver and Reciever or may be na comedy them try demonstrate.

Seyi law needs to appologise publicly and kind to the security man sha.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 22, 2016
Nichobabe:
Most times as a public person you just have to swallow a lot of things from your fans and enemies (you get them many becos some people just hate you for making it). You don't do things people normally do again.

How will it sound if the security guy carry am nack for ground with heavy blows? And people record am with their phones put for youtube? grin grin grin

Seyi law abeg control your temper next time. No be all vex you go respond to.
You over make sense...
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by adconline(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2016
thesicilian:
From his own explanation his action is understandable, but not acceptable. If he was being tossed around by the gatemen like he said, he could have simply called a senior security officer close by to take control of the situation, instead of stooping so low as to start a fight. He's lucky that the gateman turned out to be more matured in character and did not retaliate...

One thing we should never forget is that some people by virtue of their standing in the society are held to higher behavioral standards than the general public.

''Who anger don epp? ''

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by isobel: 6:06pm On May 22, 2016
Only in Nigeria will this happen. Yet he had the effrontery to say he was right. Do you know what all the people you got angry by the silly jokes you tell to make money would have done to you if we all coultl hit people because they got us angry? You definitely are lacking a lot in the sense department.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by BumbleDevil: 6:06pm On May 22, 2016
Godsate:
Most of these seccurity guys are crude. Most of them do not know how to talk politely.

Talking from experience.

I work in an international organization. You won't believe that with kind of people around and the seminars given to these security men you still find it difficult to differentiate between most of them and someone that just came from village. Though, they always add Oga to the insult when addressing you.

I laughed at your lame defense. Some people like you who are opportuned to work in big firm always find it very difficult to take instructions from the security guards. You guys are so full of your selves that you pride in you will be asking you why a common security guard is giving me a graduate instruction.

Let me thicken your diluted brain a little. There is no discretion in security work. Its either you obey instruction or you compromised the job. People like you will always want security guys to bend the rules for you as against management instructions and once they fail to compromise, they became your enemies.

You expected them to give you access when you are not authorized into the building, they became your enemy.
You want them to allow your visitor which is against the Management's rule and once they refused, they became your enemy.
You brought your girlfriend to work on weekend and security denied her access, they became your enemy.
You tried to shag a female colleague in the rest room and you are busted by security patrol team, they became your enemy.
You attempted to eat at your desk or sneak in food and security stopped you, they became your enemy.
You wanted them to allow you to park where you are not suppose to park and they refused you, they became your enemy.
You gave them money and expected them to compromise and once they refused to compromise, they became your enemy.
You want backdoor CCTV review over your missing item and your request was denied, they became your enemy.

The list is endless. People like you will never see anything good in security because they hinder you from exhibiting your bad character.

Only a well cultured staff will like security.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by showkowtee: 6:10pm On May 22, 2016
I am very sorry for you. You lack integrity and very pathetic. Thank God for Ali baba who created the industry, u could As weLl have been a gateman. As for the grace of God that brought you here, pray that your fans stick with you or you will learn it the hard way on experiencing what it is like to be in somebody else's shoe. What would make you to become a good president if you are one? You are most likely going to think the world is all about you. Please don't be heartlessly confident that u did just right. Please don't disappoint us youth more than you have. You do not fit a role model

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by showkowtee: 6:10pm On May 22, 2016
I am very sorry for you. You lack integrity and very pathetic. Thank God for Ali baba who created the industry, u could As weLl have been a gateman. As for the grace of God that brought you here, pray that your fans stick with you or you will learn it the hard way on experiencing what it is like to be in somebody else's shoe. What would make you to become a good president if you are one? You are most likely going to think the world is all about you. Please don't be heartlessly confident that u did just right. Please don't disappoint us youth more than you have. You do not fit to become a role model

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Ahmeduana(m): 6:17pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=VocalWalls post=45863453]
AM SMELLING LIES, ALL WHAT CAME OUT OF THAT GUYS MOUTH STINKS, JUST LIKE THAT THE SECURITY GUARD WILL USE THE DOOR OF YOUR OWN CAR TO HIT YOU IN MIST OF RUSHING UP AND DOWN, A WHOLE YOU SUPER STAR, ALL WHAT YOUR BRAIN COULD PROCESS IS THAT HE DEED IT DELIBERATELY, MR SEYI YOU ARE RUDE AND ARROGANT, WHAT EVER YOU THINK YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU OWNS, THAT MAKES YOU BEHAVE A LARGER THAN LIFE ATTITUDE ARE NOT YOURS THEY WERE KEPT IN YOUR CUSTORDY, THROUGH ONE WAY THEY WILL TAKEN BACK, ASK YOURSELF WHERE IS MICHAEL JACKSON TODAY?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Lovetinz(m): 6:21pm On May 22, 2016
Hehehehehe grin
Seyi Law doesnt know the Law grin
Somebody please tell him he has broken the Law, and made a public confession to a clear case of Assault.
He is liable to direct, consequential and punitive damages, if charged before a court of competent jurisdiction. angry

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by isaacmarshal07: 6:22pm On May 22, 2016
reverendfather:
na gateman na, he fit slap buhari like that?
Lol, na die be that
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by shadrach77: 6:22pm On May 22, 2016
He was provoked
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by faari(f): 6:23pm On May 22, 2016
Abegggiiii!!!!
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Situation001(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2016
seunlayi:
Dear God,
You Took away my favourite Singer (Michael Jackson)
Also took away my favourite Rapper (Dagrin)
You took away my favourite Actor (Sam Loko)
Took away My favourite Comedian (Dede One Day)
God, Am writing this to let you know that President Buhari is my Favourite President... I know you can Do it again..

And Seunlayi you are my favorite Nairalander... I know God will definitely do it this time around..

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by REDDEVILS1(m): 6:31pm On May 22, 2016
Bollinger:

Yes in Nigeria. Please try am for normal country. You go cut of your hand for making that mistake because you go pay ehnn, your bank account go hear wen.
that's why I love Nigeria and will neva dream of living overseas. The only country you will slap a police officer and throw 1k at him and he will salute you.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Bhugarious: 6:38pm On May 22, 2016
I can only say there are better ways to handle the situation. Attend a training on "Civility in Celebrity" and this would help.
An Apple was once costly than Tomatoes in Nigeria but now aTomato ball Worth's ..... Stop looking down on people bro.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by isaacmarshal07: 6:38pm On May 22, 2016
Splashme:
The hardship caused by APC/Buhari govt has turned most Nigerians to mad people
Hahahaha no be lie bro!
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Satioshi: 6:39pm On May 22, 2016
You slapped him because he was rude to you? What if he were a soldier or a mobile police man, would you have done the same? It shows the real you behind all the comic facade.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by isaacmarshal07: 6:42pm On May 22, 2016
Splashme:
The hardship caused by APC/Buhari govt has turned most Nigerians to mad people
Hahahahaha no be lie bro!
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Gracious10: 6:46pm On May 22, 2016
So somebody wrote an Epistle on how African male child are not prepared for life, some bashed the writer and raised their unprepared male child ego to the highest level.

Tell me how a full grown man cannot put his anger in check? he kept repeating how angry and angrier he got and then gbozza!!!, he left his fingers on a fellow man's face 3 times ( ugboro ato) Anya miri we puta ba ka osimiri... chaii!!!, e pain me o.... but all I can say is if only the boy in Seyi was prepared to be a man, he would have controlled the anger than letting the anger and pride control him.

I laugh at people who think they are bigger than the little man out there but things change. So let him who think he stands take heed least he takes a mighty fall like humpty dumpty.

And he's even demanding an apology!! SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 22, 2016
this can only happen in the zoo called nigeria, so called celebrity slapped a poor defenseless security Guy who perhaps didn't knock him out for fear of losing his job.

what Angers me mosly is the dumb ignorant celebrity is even proud of assaulting a hepless security Guy.

who da hell is seyi law? we don't know him over here. if the security Guy was not at work would he have slapped him? i don't think so!

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 22, 2016
Are we allowed in this country to take laws into our hands. With this seyi laws statement, I will sue him. He has confessed to harrassing, attempted murder because the slap could have killed the guy. There is no proof that it was out of provocation. The security guy should get a lawyer

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Bdemmy(m): 6:54pm On May 22, 2016
thesicilian:

''Who anger don epp? ''

I like this submission. Nice one.

Some lawyers might jump on the case just to make some dough. The security outfit might also make case out of this.

That Eko Hotel has not gotten back to you does not make your action right. I'm sure they are still looking at the legal implication.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 22, 2016
last time some so called celebrity Naomi Cambell slapped one of her workers out of Anger.
she had to settle out of court for £30,000= 14 million naira. seyi law who ever the hell you think you may be?
dont bring your thug atitude over here or we will empty your bank Account. angry
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Dharmmieojo(m): 7:00pm On May 22, 2016
Everybody ar saying sue him sue him like its 100% hes gona win..like its dat easy...most of ya all wud av done worst, nigerians and their hypocritical way of lifes..he made his mistake he apologized hes a celebrity so what? Is he above mistakes comman ya all need a chill pill abeg
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by HomeOfMe(f): 7:03pm On May 22, 2016
VocalWalls:

Haba! I am not Seyi Law oh!
Sorry Jare! I was referring to that quick tempered seyi law.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by t2luv1: 7:09pm On May 22, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Take him to court, claim damages worth $1mil, kpere

I was think the same thing. Is there any civil suit option in Nigeria legal system. Over here in US the claimant can claim the following just from the slap. Depression $2.5M. Emotional distress $1,5M. Then the mother load of all claim lasting condition against future earning $12M. By the two lawyers agrre on a number I can $5M settlement here, Count your blessing you are in Nigeria. Litigation is big business in USA,

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by thesicilian: 7:23pm On May 22, 2016
Bdemmy:

I like this submission. Nice one.

Some lawyers might jump on the case just to make some dough. The security outfit might also make case out of this.

That Eko Hotel has not gotten back to you does not make your action right. I'm sure they are still looking at the legal implication.
Thank you.
If he were a wise man he would issue his apology - both personal and public - tho the Eko Hotel Security before they 'get back to him'. At times I even wonder if some of these celebrities have lawyers who advise them

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by olahajayi(m): 7:29pm On May 22, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]A guy like you slap you, you come dey cry.... Mtchew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Liha Miller, Patapaa’s German Girlfriend Has Dated These African Musicians / What Rita Dominic Wore to AFRIFF Opening, Are The Trousers Not Too Long? / The Fabulous Life Of Omotola Jalade Ekeinde And How She Spends Her Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.