Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan (54784 Views)

"Should Have Gotten A Bigger Venue" Davido Says As Eko Hotel Is Over Crowded / Mr 2kay's Management Releases Official Statement About The Eko Hotel Robbery / Lamboginny Raises Alarm Over Major Holes On The Eko Bridge In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by pacespot(m): 7:34pm On May 22, 2016
While I won't condone assault on anyone no matter their status in the society, I think Nigerians should try to own up when they face the consequence of their impulsive attitude to others. For every action there is always an equal or a greater reaction.

I believe this guy Sheyi Law is a normal thinking person. No sane man will just walk up to a fellow man and then ditch out a facial assault on him without any provocation, even considering his status in the society.

Most Nigerians are very rude, especially, when they are in positions where people are in need of their service. This is very common among the public office holders or institutions (like Banks) where people go to frequently to seek service. I have been a victim several times on this instance, let me just mention one of my experiences.

I recently went to sort things out on my First Bank account which I have abandoned some three years ago when I opened it. Since First Bank was the closest to my area, I wanted to use the account for my online transaction. The account was dormant so I needed to reactivate it. On getting to their customer service section, the lady there was just unreasonably forthcoming on me (staring, winking, eyeing, you know all that!) even when I was not the one she was attending to, she was always focused on me. Maybe she saw a cool guy who looks comfortable! As a result of that, and for the sake of courtesy, I also was open in the conversation with her.

I could sense a change in her face when she got to see the statement of my account. I believed she was disappointed seeing just over N2000 in my account - because I left only about N3000 there when I last operated it some years ago. In her mind, she would think 'this guy is not even loaded as I had thought'. I was decoding her disappointment so I withdrew a bit in the conversation. On finishing with me, to tell me to meet the other attendant who will finalize the account activating process, that is when I discovered she was a completely rash lady. 'Oya! take your load to that guy', she says, referring to my small exercise book on her desk. I have never been embarrassed in my life! The lesson I learned from that experience is never to give face to a stranger even if she stares from now till tomorrow, coz you never know whose character she is.

Nigerians are very rude when it comes to addressing people. Maybe they think it is a thing of pride to be saucy and to ridicule other people. When they meet their own Sheyi Law, they will be calling for lawsuit. Do you think white men that invented legal means of dealing with disputes are as rude and impulsive as the black. There are many ways you can offend someone without even mentioning a word - we have verbal and non-verbal insults. I just hope the eye of the law can be extended to these offenses some day.

As a security man who is saddled with the responsibility of controlling traffic in an uptown area like Eko Hotel, where a lot of enlightened and well-exposed visitors are coming frequently, you are supposed to be well leveled on how to talk to people in a civil manner. It is very wrong, I repeat, very wrong for an hotel security to tell a visitor 'Oga go away' when he needed his service. This attitude is very common with most Nigerian office workers today because they believe no one can call them to order. People hurl derogatory words at will no minding the effect of those words on that person's self esteem.

Scientists have proven that derogation can seriously damage a person's self-esteem if repeatedly done to someone. And a person with a damaged self esteem is very dangerous. This is a thing that people take for granted in Nigeria, little wonder we have so many dangerous people in the country.

This is not to mean I exonerated Sheyi Say on this incidence. But this is a thing that I have seen happen quite often among Nigerians in office places, hence, my opinion

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by smart2008: 7:34pm On May 22, 2016
Your story is sympathetic but does not give you the write to slap someone performing his legal duty if you are aggrieved you soon the security company or even more eko hotel and make more money...................We all need to be civil in this country celebrity or not?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by ArcToyin(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2016
VocalWalls:
Just at the just concluded album launch of fast rising Nigerian music artist Kiss Daniels, which took place on Sunday, May 15, at the Eko Hotel and Suites, top Nigerian comedian Seyi Law while on his way home got into a nasty drama with one of the body guards. Contrary to other report which states that Seyi Law and one of the hotel’s security men, Peter Ethan collided as the comedian could not help but slap the security officer.

Vanguard reported that, Seyi Law slapped Peter who was trying to inform him of an alternative route he could take in order to ease traffic out of the hotel when Seyi Law got out of his car and slapped him several times. Speaking with NAIJ.COM, Seyi Law revealed that truly he slapped Peter but he did that because the security officer was rude to him. Adding that, he has read other reports about what happened and no one on their right senses would just slap someone who was trying to help him out.

Comedian Seyi Law Seyi Law said: “After Kiss Daniels show, I was on my way home but there was traffic because so many people were trying to drive out of Eko Hotel.

After hailing me as usual, one of the security guards (Peter Ethan) walked up to me and told me to take another route in order to ease traffic and o obeyed when I go to the other gate another security officer told me to go back to where I was coming from and I did not complain.

On getting back the gate I was coming back from, Peter walked up to me to go through the other gate again and I told him I was directed back here. To my surprise the security officer told me how many people have turned back from where I was coming from and said ‘Oga abeg dey go’ and turned his face.”

“I got angry and when I tried coming out of my car to explain to the other security passing cars behind me, the security man used the door of my car to hit me which got me angrier and I got down again and slapped him.

On seeing this security I was going to meet came to me and I explained what happened. Then I got into my car and drive out of the Hotel.”

The comedian further added if truly he was wrong he would have written an apology letter to the person involved saying: “the next day, I got a call from Eko Hotel and Suites asking me about what transpired between myself and one of their security officers and when I told them my own side of the story, they have not gotten back to me. If I was wrong I think they would have called me back ever since.”

Source
for whatever reason, you are not justified. You cheated because you have edge over him.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by VocalWalls: 7:44pm On May 22, 2016
ArcToyin:

for whatever reason, you are not justified. You cheated because you have edge over him.

I no be seyi law
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by ArcToyin(m): 7:50pm On May 22, 2016
olatunji21:

You don't know God and you are far from Him.try to know God better and see that He doesnt attend to evil request. How are you sure Buhari is not more pleasing to God than you
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by ArcToyin(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2016
VocalWalls:

I no be seyi law
lolzz. sorry Op, I wrote from a fussy heart.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by amuokuko: 7:54pm On May 22, 2016
Oga seyi am not a kid.

U said u slapped him cous he was rude..
Again u said u got angrier cous he hit you with ur car door..
So why did he start crying knowing he did hit u with the door.
Oga seyi, re u related to Lie mohammed?

Well, u re lucky I was not the security guard, I would ve panel beated you before help comes..

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by YGF07(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2016
buharisbae:

lol re u the security guy
. Yes la... Wey Lalastica sef? *shouting* Lalastica Lalastica......
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by pbs4real(m): 8:01pm On May 22, 2016
nikkypearl:
Mitcheeeew angry I don't give a bleep why you slapped the security man and why the security received a dirty slap !
hmm! This ur comment tho, anyways i blame it on buhari.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by chuzero(m): 8:14pm On May 22, 2016
Shebi nw u dun sensitized ur spirit ba?
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Zuris: 8:18pm On May 22, 2016
This Seyi law abi Wetin is stupid.
So you slapped a man? Na you born am?
Silly yeyebrities.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 22, 2016
ArcToyin:

You don't know God and you are far from Him.try to know God better and see that He doesnt attend to evil request. How are you sure Buhari is not more pleasing to God than you
You have got the wrong person Sir....I am.not Mad to wish evil on someone, i also quoted d fellow who posted that ish...
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Soyhe(f): 8:34pm On May 22, 2016
I yaff hear
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by olumalcolm(m): 9:00pm On May 22, 2016
I get 1 bouncer for my area wey dey do security sef. Abeg seyi law cm try am wit am ooo,dem go carry ur car cm meet u for house I swear angry
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by charlesucheh(m): 9:17pm On May 22, 2016
Maturity is the ability to control ones emotions, and am sorry to say that SEYI LAW hasn't gotten that yet!!! YOU NEED TO WORK ON THAT!!!!!!
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Ganjafama(m): 9:52pm On May 22, 2016
steve101:
WELL MIGHT TURN OUT THE SAME SECURITY GUY YOU SLAPPED MIGHT BECOME PRESIDENT TOMORROW.....YOU JUST MIGHT NOT KNOW...YOU MIGHT END UP RECEIVING DOUBLE OF THE SLAP... JUST SAYING
. I can see that you are addicted to too much Nollywood movies.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by ayindejimmy(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2016
REDDEVILS1:
I would have done the same

Really?!

You sound like the type that needs 6 months of anger management section
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by HaneefahRN(f): 10:23pm On May 22, 2016
If he had given you 3 back you would have known what you did was wrong. If na soldier do that kain thing, would you have reacted same? People will always want to take advantage when they know they have an edge over someone. Yeye sombori.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Tobyie: 10:25pm On May 22, 2016
Seyi law is naturaLly an aggressive person and easily get angry. He alomost did d same thing @ back stage @ OAU sometime ago during this diamond got swag show. Just coz a server serving some small chops to d artists told him to wait so she can arrange somthings, he almost slap d girl shouting he can order his boys to pour everythng away.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by GloriousTees: 10:35pm On May 22, 2016
I think Seyi law is not within the right frame of his mind. Slapping someone In this century. He has been to UK and other western world. Can he do that there? So he can't control his anger, little wonder the news of his separation with his wife recently. I guess he must have been slapping his wife in anger like that too.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by excel101(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2016
VocalWalls:
Just at the just concluded album launch of fast rising Nigerian music artist Kiss Daniels, which took place on Sunday, May 15, at the Eko Hotel and Suites, top Nigerian comedian Seyi Law while on his way home got into a nasty drama with one of the body guards. Contrary to other report which states that Seyi Law and one of the hotel’s security men, Peter Ethan collided as the comedian could not help but slap the security officer.

Vanguard reported that, Seyi Law slapped Peter who was trying to inform him of an alternative route he could take in order to ease traffic out of the hotel when Seyi Law got out of his car and slapped him several times. Speaking with NAIJ.COM, Seyi Law revealed that truly he slapped Peter but he did that because the security officer was rude to him. Adding that, he has read other reports about what happened and no one on their right senses would just slap someone who was trying to help him out.

Comedian Seyi Law Seyi Law said: “After Kiss Daniels show, I was on my way home but there was traffic because so many people were trying to drive out of Eko Hotel.

After hailing me as usual, one of the security guards (Peter Ethan) walked up to me and told me to take another route in order to ease traffic and o obeyed when I go to the other gate another security officer told me to go back to where I was coming from and I did not complain.

On getting back the gate I was coming back from, Peter walked up to me to go through the other gate again and I told him I was directed back here. To my surprise the security officer told me how many people have turned back from where I was coming from and said ‘Oga abeg dey go’ and turned his face.”

“I got angry and when I tried coming out of my car to explain to the other security passing cars behind me, the security man used the door of my car to hit me which got me angrier and I got down again and slapped him.

On seeing this security I was going to meet came to me and I explained what happened. Then I got into my car and drive out of the Hotel.”

The comedian further added if truly he was wrong he would have written an apology letter to the person involved saying: “the next day, I got a call from Eko Hotel and Suites asking me about what transpired between myself and one of their security officers and when I told them my own side of the story, they have not gotten back to me. If I was wrong I think they would have called me back ever since.”

Source
It still wrong for Seyi Law to slap the man. For Christ sake, the man, Peter, was employed to do a job. Even if he was rude to Seyi, isn't he matured enough to handle the situation. Seyi Law failed woefully, wit just a little test of his maturity.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by MarieSucre(f): 10:47pm On May 22, 2016
Mr Man you have no justification whatsoever. You abused your standing in the society and oppressed that poor man because of his position. If he did not want to hear you out, could you not just drive off. Is it because he is a security guard? chai God punish poverty.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Sanchase: 11:08pm On May 22, 2016
The frustration in Nigeria has made majority of Nigerians lose their sense of humanity, almost everybody in Nigeria is unnecessarily angry because of economic hardship. Funny enough most rich men are not exempt from this hardship when they queue up in traffic for hours, pass through the bureaucratic measures in all aspects of life in Nigeria. All these pile up and only takes a second to be unleashed. An average Oyibo man in a civilized country will NEVER slap you or throw insults at you even if you mistakenly direct him or hit him rather they will get the law enforcement to deal with you.
Sheyi Law was wrong as he could have reported the security guard to the hotel management, due to Sheyi's negligence the security guard was right not to have engaged in further combat with Sheyi. Verbal abuse doesn't directly reflect physical abuse and sheyi's car door slamming back at him could be passed on as an accident.

On this note, the Security guard won and will win over Sheyi in an unbiased Court of Law.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by whoYouEpp(m): 11:59pm On May 22, 2016
thesicilian:
From his own explanation his action is understandable, but not acceptable. If he was being tossed around by the gatemen like he said, he could have simply called a senior security officer close by to take control of the situation, instead of stooping so low as to start a fight. He's lucky that the gateman turned out to be more matured in character and did not retaliate...

One thing we should never forget is that some people by virtue of their standing in the society are held to higher behavioral standards than the general public.

''Who anger don epp? ''
Anger help the useless guy when kill him wife wen her name be Ronke Shonde. The husband wen kill he no go dey regret him action. Anger does not pay.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by mkoabiola: 12:14am On May 23, 2016
Dis guy defence de very silly and senseless
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by urchman23: 1:56am On May 23, 2016
On no account should you slap anybody, do that in United States and get sue.we call that abuse to the highest order I rest my case.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by lastpage: 2:55am On May 23, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Take him to court, claim damages worth $1mil, kpere

At least we have heard both versions now.

My take: The Hotel should sue this Eediot for assault, on behalf of their staff.... and if they wont, the Staff should take the action using his own lawyer.

As a celebrity, you should be even more humble in your dealings with those on the lower strung.

Just imagine this happening in the U.S?

People dont know that after the Police, the next people in lin eof order are the "Private Security" personnels.
Even the Police listen and rely on them for 'local info' when things happen and the Police are not around, but they are around.

Small fame and they start acting line Van Dame!

Lastpage!
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by ddeola: 3:29am On May 23, 2016
Seyi blood dey hot, why dem wan dey toss am to and fro... grin grin grin

Oga Seyi, next time coolu temper because anything you do will always be news as a celebrity and at times because our journalists wan make name dem go cook the tory well well. Try o make your tory no wowo o... grin grin grin
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Amebo123: 4:36am On May 23, 2016
Nichobabe:
Most times as a public person you just have to swallow a lot of things from your fans and enemies (you get them many becos some people just hate you for making it). You don't do things people normally do again.

How will it sound if the security guy carry am nack for ground with heavy blows? And people record am with their phones put for youtube? grin grin grin

Seyi law abeg control your temper next time. No be all vex you go respond to.

God bless you my brother. Don't mind all these yeyebrities
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Jungleluv5: 4:50am On May 23, 2016
VocalWalls:

Source
Story for the gods. Cook up story.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by Amebo123: 4:52am On May 23, 2016
pacespot:
While I won't condone assault on anyone no matter their status in the society, I think Nigerians should try to own up when they face the consequence of their impulsive attitude to others. For every action there is always an equal or a greater reaction.

I believe this guy Sheyi Law is a normal thinking person. No sane man will just walk up to a fellow man and then ditch out a facial assault on him without any provocation, even considering his status in the society.

Most Nigerians are very rude, especially, when they are in positions where people are in need of their service. This is very common among the public office holders or institutions (like Banks) where people go to frequently to seek service. I have been a victim several times on this instance, let me just mention one of my experiences.

I recently went to sort things out on my First Bank account which I have abandoned some three years ago when I opened it. Since First Bank was the closest to my area, I wanted to use the account for my online transaction. The account was dormant so I needed to reactivate it. On getting to their customer service section, the lady there was just unreasonably forthcoming on me (staring, winking, eyeing, you know all that!) even when I was not the one she was attending to, she was always focused on me. Maybe she saw a cool guy who looks comfortable! As a result of that, and for the sake of courtesy, I also was open in the conversation with her.

I could sense a change in her face when she got to see the statement of my account. I believed she was disappointed seeing just over N2000 in my account - because I left only about N3000 there when I last operated it some years ago. In her mind, she would think 'this guy is not even loaded as I had thought'. I was decoding her disappointment so I withdrew a bit in the conversation. On finishing with me, to tell me to meet the other attendant who will finalize the account activating process, that is when I discovered she was a completely rash lady. 'Oya! take your load to that guy', she says, referring to my small exercise book on her desk. I have never been embarrassed in my life! The lesson I learned from that experience is never to give face to a stranger even if she stares from now till tomorrow, coz you never know whose character she is.

Nigerians are very rude when it comes to addressing people. Maybe they think it is a thing of pride to be saucy and to ridicule other people. When they meet their own Sheyi Law, they will be calling for lawsuit. Do you think white men that invented legal means of dealing with disputes are as rude and impulsive as the black. There are many ways you can offend someone without even mentioning a word - we have verbal and non-verbal insults. I just hope the eye of the law can be extended to these offenses some day.

As a security man who is saddled with the responsibility of controlling traffic in an uptown area like Eko Hotel, where a lot of enlightened and well-exposed visitors are coming frequently, you are supposed to be well leveled on how to talk to people in a civil manner. It is very wrong, I repeat, very wrong for an hotel security to tell a visitor 'Oga go away' when he needed his service. This attitude is very common with most Nigerian office workers today because they believe no one can call them to order. People hurl derogatory words at will no minding the effect of those words on that person's self esteem.

Scientists have proven that derogation can seriously damage a person's self-esteem if repeatedly done to someone. And a person with a damaged self esteem is very dangerous. This is a thing that people take for granted in Nigeria, little wonder we have so many dangerous people in the country.

This is not to mean I exonerated Sheyi Say on this incidence. But this is a thing that I have seen happen quite often among Nigerians in office places, hence, my opinion

My brother the question i will ask you after all this your long grammar. Did you slap the First bank girl for being rude?

Nigerian might be rude but not to rich people or famous people. I can give that to Nigerians, they will be hailing you just incase something go drop. So forget this Seyi Law story. Please read the story again after hailing me...

Nigerians dey fear and respect yeyebrities i tell you. The more reasons the security guy no fight am and the more reason Seyi Law get mind do wetin he do.
Re: Seyi Law: Why I Slapped The Eko Hotel Gateman, Peter Ethan by mbjsuki(m): 6:08am On May 23, 2016
What a lame excuse!
In some other countries, your action would have thought you a big lesson.
Because you're angry gives you no right or whatsoever to slap another man.
These are some of the things we do in this country and we still stand tall and proud to talk about it. Seyi Law, you're a disappointment! For your statues and person to take such stand and position.
Please go and apologies to that man,one day, you'll no longer be in that position. Wait and see how people will cut ties with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Rita Dominic Wore to AFRIFF Opening, Are The Trousers Not Too Long? / The Fabulous Life Of Omotola Jalade Ekeinde And How She Spends Her Millions / Anita Joseph Bathing In Bathtub (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.