Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

The Average Nigerian Student And Religion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Average Nigerian Student And Religion (1126 Views)

The Average Nigerian Girl Attitude / UK Based Nigerian Student Dies During Surgery, Boyfriend Mourns On Facebook.PICS / How Deep Is The Average Vagina? (EXPLICIT PICTURES| Guys Don't Read This) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 22, 2016
This is a case study of what is happening in my school and most probably happening in yours also.
Religion has eaten deep into our mind such that education is now a secondary priority since our duty on earth is to serve God so as to make heaven.
I am the only one in the midst of my roommate that has a different view of all this entirely, its even worse cos they think i have backslided or missed it how will Nigeria get better with this kind of 21st century students?? While our mates abroad are doing just fine and excelling in their course of study we are here making religion our primary need even in school.
I remember one of my free thinker lecturer gave a scenerio in class, i am sure he is also aware if the fact that students now takes religion more important than school. He said " if a white man and a black man are going in a direction and it happens that they both encounter a big mountain that wouldn't let them go beyond..." Even bfr he could finish the religious minded bros and sis started saying the African man would kneel down and pray to God to remove it since there is nothing he cannot do 500L students!!! Can you imagine?? Whereas the white man would find machines and tools to break it down. Do we lack common sense?? I remember a brother in my DPT also had a problem with his system, instead of finding solutions he started speaking in toungue ontop system. I have a roommate that wishes to go abroad for her masters but in her religious mind she is not sure whether it is the will of God for her to go and study there. I gave up on her mentality that day! Even the pastors that are preaching the concept of will of God will not think twice bfr sending their kids abroad to get a better education.
To be continued...

4 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 22, 2016
Have i forgotten to tell you about how they form clique amomg themselves and starts praying loudly without minding if students are around reading or smth, you dare not talk self so they wont take you as a child of the devil. Even on sunday evening sometimes the groups could be up to ten comprising of diff fellowship, is God deaf to them that they continually need to remind him?? Inside bus nko?? A friend was telling me how they kept praying for Nigeria in her fellowship/church as if something else was involved, i was just looking at her. This is the prayer that your grandma prayed and handed over to your mum now she has handed over to you and shes gonna probably leave d same for her kids. How many prayers did america, china, korean prayed bfr they got to where they are today?? When are we going to start thinking outside of religious box??
One even said there is a particular person God has appointed to be your spouse on earth if as 21st century students we still think and reason like this then am sorry for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by Cutehector(m): 6:04pm On May 22, 2016
I am the vine, and you are the branches

Cut of from me, you can do nothing says the lord.

Same lord says.

I have given you dominion (knowledge, power) over all things on earth. Be fruitful and multiply, and subdue the earth.

People, choose ye this day, which authority ye shall abide by grin

As for me, I will choose the first. cool

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 22, 2016
Cutehector:
I am the vine, and you are the branches

Cut of from me, you can do nothing says the lord.

Same lord says.

I have given you dominion (knowledge, power) over all things on earth. Be fruitful and multiply, and subdue the earth.

People, choose ye this day, which authority ye shall abide by grin

As for me, I will choose the first. cool
Have you asked why the most religious country are the most backwards in anything that could concern human?? We have to take thw bull by the horn and stoo expecting God to do everything for us.
Hardwork, little prayer does it in developed countries. I do believe in God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by sinaj(f): 6:20pm On May 22, 2016
That's faith for u my dear

Nd believe me it works for many people

Have u ever wondered why many will read their ass off all night only for those that read less to pass them?

I call that Grace.

It's a thing of d mind nd spirit nd blive me it works mentally most times.
Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by obiorathesubtle: 6:24pm On May 22, 2016
undecided I don't believe God will come down from heaven to do sth for me while I'm relaxing doing nothing.. I don't believe he will give me scholarship I didn't apply for.. I won't accept it..

I don't believe 200million naira would just enter my account and I'd call it the Blessings of God

I don't believe my laptop would stop working and I'd pray in tongues(which I can't).. And the laptop will miraculously come back on.. I have a screwdriver, I know technicians, if the laptop spoils beyond repair, I'd get another one!

Even the bible says God gives the increase to seeds men have sown.. Not God would sow and also give increase to men..

I believe if I pray to God for wisdom, strength and understanding to get substance so I can help others, that they may help me in return.. God will gladly give me wisdom, strength and understanding, even more than I desire..

I believe if I work, I'd see results..

I believe God would in his infinite mercies, direct me to a suitable person for marriage.. If only I live a good life.. Because good people attract good people.. [It's even common sense]..(For a man would leave his mother and father and become one with a woman)... Not one with a woman I have chosen for him!!

When people pray for exam success.. I pray for retentive memory and strength to read my books..

When people write down their expected grades on paper, attach it to money and drop it on an alter... I pray to God for strength to read my books, silently at home and try my little best to give food to my brother who hasn't got any food to eat.. Or give the clothes that don't fit me anymore to that brother who doesn't have much to wear.. Because when I do these things.. Jesus said, when you do these to the least of my brethren, you have done unto me..

I don't shout at God when praying to him, if God hears the loudest person who prays, nobody would be heard, or do you think your voice is loud enough to reach even 100 ft in the sky??.. Moreso, I wouldn't do it because when I want to ask my Earthly father for money.. I do it with a lot of respect.. Talk more God in heaven??

I bow my head, kneel if I can and talk to God sincerely from my heart....

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by Cutehector(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2016
classicB:

Have you asked why the most religious country are the most backwards in anything that could concern human?? We have to take thw bull by the horn and stoo expecting God to do everything for us.
of course I agree with u babe.. I just gave u two commandments from the lord.. and I gave my opinion, doesn't mean I will ignore the other commandment..

It's a Pity the Nigerian nation doesn't wish to open its gates to technological advancement
Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by haryomikun(m): 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
classicB:

You spoke sense babe....

Africa is the dumbest continent. I fvcking swear

In my campus sef, I think am the one with the highest IQ. The rest all think the same religious way

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by haryomikun(m): 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
sinaj:
That's faith for u my dear

Nd believe me it works for many people

Have u ever wondered why many will read their ass off all night only for those that read less to pass them?

I call that Grace.

It's a thing of d mind nd spirit nd blive me it works mentally most times.
Lool. Babe... Its simply the brains you have.

I believe in God but the truth is it seems God hardly participates in things of the earth.

Faith doesn't even work for some people a lot of times... Its simply mental and achievable when its within your boundaries. When you believe something, it could be bound to happen. Whether its religious or not.

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by haryomikun(m): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
When it comes to religion, africa has a long way to go... A damn long way mehn...

Africans are very mentally lazy grin

The God they depend on mostly helps when ALL HOPE IS LOST

Not that you'll be stiting on your arse expecting something.

Look that the world today... Look at the world 400 yes back...

400 yrs back the whites first came... Africans were obsessed with Sango, IFA and others... They took africans then

Its 2016 now and if whites come again, they'll still take Africans as slaves very easily. Africans are obsessed with jesus and Mohammed now cheesy

South africa is the only African country doing a bit well. And that's because there are many whites there.

If na only black Americans full america, mehn, america for don turn 3rd world country.

Think of it sef,,, there's no developed black country in the world. The Asians were behind before but now, they're competing with Caucasians

Imagine if the earthquakes, hurricanes and all that plague Asia was happening to Africa... This place would be fvcking desolate!

This can be a little 'un-african' but I can swear I totally relate to the whites who called blacks monkeys when they first came...

If africans are this dumb now, then think of how really really dumb they were 400 yrs back

I'd call blacks monkeys too if I was around then

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 08, 2016
Actually if u dwell on ancient history I think they were more intelligent 4oo years ago....they didn't have jah/Mohammed to contend with
haryomikun:
When it comes to religion, africa has a long way to go... A damn long way mehn...

Africans are very mentally lazy grin

The God they depend on mostly helps when ALL HOPE IS LOST

Not that you'll be stiting on your arse expecting something.

Look that the world today... Look at the world 400 yes back...

400 yrs back the whites first came... Africans were obsessed with Sango, IFA and others... They took africans then

Its 2016 now and if whites come again, they'll still take Africans as slaves very easily. Africans are obsessed with jesus and Mohammed now cheesy

South africa is the only African country doing a bit well. And that's because there are many whites there.

If na only black Americans full america, mehn, america for don turn 3rd world country.

Think of it sef,,, there's no developed black country in the world. The Asians were behind before but now, they're competing with Caucasians

Imagine if the earthquakes, hurricanes and all that plague Asia was happening to Africa... This place would be fvcking desolate!

This can be a little 'un-african' but I can swear I totally relate to the whites who called blacks monkeys when they first came...

If africans are this dumb now, then think of how really really dumb they were 400 yrs back

I'd call blacks monkeys too if I was around then

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2016
Religion is the worst thing that's happened to man.
The irony of it is that, these people don't even serve the God they so much desire, they've instead worship their pastors and imams. In their desperate search for God, they end up going farther from Him. They worship their religion heads. Who needs a middleman to talk to their God? Who needs religion to communicate with their Father/God?

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the existence of God.

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by drmikeadams(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
undecided I don't believe God will come down from heaven to do sth for me while I'm relaxing doing nothing.. I don't believe he will give me scholarship I didn't apply for.. I won't accept it..

I don't believe 200million naira would just enter my account and I'd call it the Blessings of God

I don't believe my laptop would stop working and I'd pray in tongues(which I can't).. And the laptop will miraculously come back on.. I have a screwdriver, I know technicians, if the laptop spoils beyond repair, I'd get another one! grin grin

Even the bible says God gives the increase to seeds men have sown.. Not God would sow and also give increase to men..

I believe if I pray to God for wisdom, strength and understanding to get substance so I can help others, that they may help me in return.. God will gladly give me wisdom, strength and understanding, even more than I desire..

I believe if I work, I'd see results..

I believe God would in his infinite mercies, direct me to a suitable person for marriage.. If only I live a good life.. Because good people attract good people.. [It's even common sense]..(For a man would leave his mother and father and become one with a woman)... Not one with a woman I have chosen for him!!

When people pray for exam success.. I pray for retentive memory and strength to read my books..

When people write down their expected grades on paper, attach it to money and drop it on an alter... I pray to God for strength to read my books, silently at home and try my little best to give food to my brother who hasn't got any food to eat.. Or give the clothes that don't fit me anymore to that brother who doesn't have much to wear.. Because when I do these things.. Jesus said, when you do these to the least of my brethren, you have done unto me..

I don't shout at God when praying to him, if God hears the loudest person who prays, nobody would be heard, or do you think your voice is loud enough to reach even 100 ft in the sky??.. Moreso, I wouldn't do it because when I want to ask my Earthly father for money.. I do it with a lot of respect.. Talk more God in heaven??

I bow my head, kneel if I can and talk to God sincerely from my heart....
grin grin grin 2 borrles of origin for you
Re: The Average Nigerian Student And Religion by haryomikun(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
desdichando:
Actually if u dwell on ancient history I think they were more intelligent 4oo years ago....they didn't have jah/Mohammed to contend with
grin grin grin grin

So na you dey like my posts on this thread since.

By the late 1800s bro, whites already had trains and telephones... Africans still hadn't even invented the mirror.... Simple mirror embarassed embarassed embarassed
Nah now we dey struggle with them small... Small ooo... No be even full time competition

Modified

I dey crase Africa hadn't discovered glass then not to talk of inventing mirror undecided

It still bedazzles me till today the mental laziness of Africans. Within a large population of people there should always be one different 'idiot'. In a good way I mean. The larger population, the more chances of having an 'idiot' increases. Thats why up till today if you wanna take the best student from a school {Higher institution or secondary school} they'll come from public schools and not private. Thats because of a higher and more heterogenous population. Africans had only one hobby and that was to give birth... However, i wonder out of all the whole damn large population, no one had the balls to challenge the gods... Or even make a simple but bit complex discovery.... Or even to invent something that would blow people's minds

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Lies You’ll Hear When A Nigerian Guy Likes You And Want To Get Your Atenttion / New Romantic Sms For Your Lover / 3 Perfect Ways To Know If A Lady Is A V!rgin Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.