Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate (2146 Views)

Is There Anything Wrong With Getting Married To Your Age Mate? / "Women Should Marry 4 Husbands Also" - Muslim Lady / Is It Proper To Date/marry One's Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by Nobody: 8:51am On May 24, 2016
Over the years there have been diverse views and opinions about how the age of couples contribute to the success of a marriage. Here, I'll outline some important reasons why you (esp Ladies) should only marry your age mate.

- If you want to grow with your spouse:
Marriage that has an age gap between couples especially 3 years or more have tendencies to fail because of the differences that will exist in almost all aspects of your lives. E.g Education, Career, association, and even up to the old age. These differences one way or the other reduces the communication pattern and leads to growing them apart.

- It reduces the risk of IPV (Intimate Partner Violence): In an age where IPV is on the extreme high, no one wants to get entangled in this web (either male or female). Studies have revealed that Intimate Partner Violence occurs mostly among partners (including unmarried relationships) where the age difference is up to 10 years (My undergraduate research). Where age mates may have disagreement and talk it out, spouses with age difference may resort to physically abusing the woman.

You tend to have better understanding of yourselves. This holds true for couples who communicate well. It is easier to understand and relate to the social reality of your spouse because you are most likely to live in the same reality but an older or younger spouse may not be able to understand or relate to your social reality due to the difference in age, association, fashion, finance, e.t.c.

Please note that this list is not exhaustive as other factors may also contribute to the success of same age marriage. Feel free to add yours.

IRepSameAgeMarriage.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by vizkiz: 8:56am On May 24, 2016
It is not about age. Marriage has never been about age... You kids need to know that
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by Cutehector(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2016
Age was never a factor in determining how long a marriage will last.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by gisthit: 8:59am On May 24, 2016
SURE
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by Nobody: 9:11am On May 24, 2016
Our society is one in which AGE does matter in a marriage.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by NiRfreak(m): 9:11am On May 24, 2016
In the holy scripture , I have never read where Adam was 1, 2, 5 or worst still 10years older than Eve.....yet they had a happy and long lived marriage.

Marriage should be about maturity and understanding between two mature minds, not between one Superior always lording it over a subordinate.

The problem with men is, we are too full of ourselves, plagued with ego. Hence, we fret and freak out at the chance of a lady matching up to our level or supremacy in any respect.

With younger ladies , we believe our ego will be better stroked and our authority stamped (apart from the excuse of aging on lady). While on the other hand, a mature old lady can easily challenge us , keep us on our toes and call us to our poo anytime we are losing it , compared to a young scary girl.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by osesology(m): 9:15am On May 24, 2016
I totally DISAGREE with you, op.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by Nobody: 9:23am On May 24, 2016
osesology:
I totally DISAGREE with you, op.
I'm sure you have good reasons
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by godofwar666(m): 9:32am On May 24, 2016
Those above me smh undecided undecided ... I no blame guys..
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by Rukkydelta(f): 9:42am On May 24, 2016
Everything on nl must have a counter thread....nice one op
Re: Reasons Why You Should Marry Your Age Mate by Nobody: 9:48am On May 24, 2016
I can never ever marry my age mate.

(1) (Reply)

MEN ONLY: Gain Confidence With Approaching Girls Irrespective Of Your Looks.. / Nicki Minaj Looking Fierce In Just Pant And Bra In A Mirror Selfie / How Do I Quit The Girl Am Having A Crush With...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.