Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo (65916 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by IBIGIGA: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2009
weldone Bishop.more annointing to your calling
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by RichyBlacK(m): 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Tudor i dey gbadun you, tell them the truth jare. Dafted christians

Who is this one? Do you think that by identifying the hypocrites among Christians in any way increases the legitimacy of the numerous gangs of fools that pretend to be Muslims?

Why not go address the zombies in Saudi Arabia abiding by an archaic barbaric law called Sharia that guarantees amputation and beheading ONLY for the poor but rewards the princes and princesses in the House of Saud with nice vacations in the Riviera?

Both Christianity and Islam have been hijacked by shameless, selfish, greedy buffoons.

Please don't bring all those useless "my fake religion better pass your fake religion" argument you all enjoy here.

If you feel like bashing Christian hypocrites feel free, but don't even think it makes the zillions of hypocrites in Islam any better! Get it?
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Since when?. Is there anything wrong with a ministry growing big?

What do you understand by "ministry"? According to my bible, Paul and the earlier apostles regarded the "ministry" as THOSE INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE AND COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS they had been called to share the gospel of Christ with. Today the term "ministry" has become synonymous with big buildings, private jets, fleet of cars, numerous satellite churches meant primarily to swell the offering collection, expensive private schools and fame.

Aloy~Emeka:

Do you know that[b] these pastors do not reap from the wealth of their ministry?. Some of them live meagerly and survive[/b] on the largess of few noble Christians.

lol Oyedepo, Adeboye, pastor Chris . . . all have their kids safely ensconced in schools and houses abroad . . . their parents live in the best houses, dine on the best wine, drive the latest cars, fly private jets and you say they do not reap the wealth of their ministry? If this is "meagre" living then i'm going to ask my father right away why he didnt just quit his job and set up a "ministry", perhaps i'd be living large on the donations of the poor in the US by now.

Aloy~Emeka:

Oyedepo and his cronies are not part of our problem in Nigeria rather, they are part of the solution.

Of course, by offering the choicest seats in the front row for political thieves in Nigeria and encouraging banks to overcome the recession by paying billions in "tithes" to the "church".  Sure i can just see the solution in the horizon. We'll all start our churches soon.

Aloy~Emeka:

Yes, they pay tithes to their ministries too. Thou shall not condemn Gods prophet and do him no harm.

That is your own man-made commandment, its not in the bible. That was specifically meant for the Jewish nation in the wilderness . . . when those same Jews SINNED against the Lord he set up enemies to destroy them in that same wilderness.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2009
In the eyes of many Nigerians, no rich pastor is a true pastor.

Am I wrong?

Does the Bible say that being a pastor and being rich isn't possible?

Dt 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

I'm not sure if that verse means anything. Maybe it's just one of those random writings inserted to give the Bible volume.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Respect him and not scandalize him in public because he has done nothing wrong.

I respect him as a man older than me, as regards respecting him as a "man of God" . . . sorry by his fruits he does not qualify.

Aloy~Emeka:

Is it a crime for a ministry to flourish?

Again you use the term "flourish" by the flawed standards of the world. Christ's ministry FLOURISHED but it ended up with Him dying on the cross. Paul's ministry is the reason we have the new testament today but it ended with him killed in Roman jails. Peter's ministry to the jews was a huge success but he ended up crucified upside down. today our pastors have "flourishing" ministries by virtue of how much riches then can accumulate by conning the poor in the name of Jazuz.

Aloy~Emeka:

He is a vicar of Christ in Nigeria and due respect is the least we can do.

This is absolute unbiblical rubbish. It was this that made Martin Luther start the reformation that gave birth to our denominations today. Every child of God has the Holy Spirit . . . Christ has not sent any "vicar" or stooge to represent Him. We ALL have access to boldly approach the throne of grace in our time of need (Heb 4:16).

The success of these religious towers of babel is dependent on flock that will NOT read their bibles. Only God knows where she found the idea of a vicar of Christ.

Aloy~Emeka:

Why do we waste our energy slandering these pastors when the likes of Ibori, Odili, Obasanjo are rarely slandered here?. Why slander a saint in favour of a crook?

He is no saint, simply a selfish and wicked thief.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2009
mactao:

In the eyes of many Nigerians, no rich pastor is a true pastor.

Am I wrong?

Does the Bible say that being a pastor and being rich isn't possible?

Dt 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

I'm not sure if that verse means anything. Maybe it's just one of those random writings inserted to give the Bible volume.

The Lord gives us "power to get wealth" not a brainwashed flock to fleece out of their money. When you take the offerings of the poor to build a private school whose school fees are only affordable to the very same thieves and robbers in our corrupt societies while your faithful sheeple who funded it have to make do with poor public schools then THE LORD IS NOT THERE!

The early missionaries showed us what true love was, they brought us education virtually free. Many of these pastors of today benefited from that.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I never claimed Oyedepo is here to eradicate poverty rather, his job is to provide spiritual and mental succor to the impoverished nation.

that was what he said the Lord told him in 1982. Why has Nigeria become poorer since then? Has the Lord's "prophecy" to Oyedepo failed?
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by zmurda(m): 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2009
Why are you guys deriding miracles from this Man after God's heart. Bishop Dr David. You guys are going to be cast out like the Queen of Sheba into a boiling pot of nsi ewu by mama ngozi in ojuelegba.
Especially people like Tudor and Gblaze. There is a separate place reserved for them, in Dante's 7th circle

Baba Bishop has been chasing demon with jass all his life. he has chased a lot of demon money into his bank account, chased a lot of demons into his congregation to pay tithes.

Jokes apart, I think I have just seen one of the most ludicrous stories on Nairaland. Queen of Sheba ko, queen of monkeys ni
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Sanmexy(m): 9:17pm On Aug 20, 2009
Everyone has right 2 his/her opinion,there no point forcing ppl 2 season along ur line of thought.
  I guess Taro is d big guy here,it seems he has a personal problem with d man.
  Enough of all dis beef,some ppl use dis tread as an avenue 2 vent out their bitterness,nobody is responsible 4 ur woes,but u,fix urself.
  THE BIBLE IS CLEAR ON DIS ISSUE"THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE" "IN D LAST DAYS FALSE PROPHET WILL ARISE"
  Mind what u say,as it will be used against u in ,
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2009
Sanmexy:

Everyone has right 2 his/her opinion,there no point forcing ppl 2 season along your line of thought.
  I guess Taro is d big guy here,it seems he has a personal problem with d man.
  Enough of all dis beef,some ppl use dis tread as an avenue 2 vent out their bitterness,nobody is responsible 4 your woes,but u,fix urself.
  THE BIBLE IS CLEAR ON DIS ISSUE"THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE" "IN D LAST DAYS FALSE PROPHET WILL ARISE"
  Mind what u say,as it will be used against u in ,      

the bible is also clear - by their fruits ye shall know them.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by bawomolo(m): 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2009
Do you know that these pastors do not reap from the wealth of their ministry?. Some of them live meagerly and survive on the largess of few noble Christians.

i would like to call bullshit on this one

Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by bros1234(m): 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2009
Congrats Papa. We are following.

Guys dont worry about Tudor, and his followers. He is exactly his name. For his name means darkness and he is still roaming in darkness shouting open your eyes
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by bawomolo(m): 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2009
God is no longer their father in heaven, pastors are now their pimps fathers
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by perewesley(m): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2009
tudor------------shame on you, u attended covenant university and u have the effrontery to talk about God's servant the bishop like that---
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by osbar67: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2009
I prefere not to delve into matters like this most time because it touches a lot of peoples sentiments and I don't like that.But then,I will like to state hear that we Nigerians like taking undue advantage of our fellow country men/women(s) illitracy and the fact that we believe anything  from clergies and co so long as we are coned to think that it's from God.If not how do you explain somebody with private jet still exploiting pple that most times do not even have complete transports for Okada to church?But God dey sha and 1 day everyman go answer 4 himself
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2009
davidylan:

The Lord gives us "power to get wealth" not a brainwashed flock to fleece out of their money. When you take the offerings of the poor to build a private school whose school fees are only affordable to the very same thieves and robbers in our corrupt societies while your faithful sheeple who funded it have to make do with poor public schools then THE LORD IS NOT THERE!

The early missionaries showed us what true love was, they brought us education virtually free. Many of these pastors of today benefited from that.

Of course. But it seems a lot of people, maybe including you, do not believe that verse. You believe Oyedepo brainwashes people to get their money. I wonder how you know that. Yet you believe it. Maybe there's something I don't know. Maybe you could explain.

In your personal opinion, davidylan, is there any pastor on earth who's rich and who's a true pastor? Please name.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by amefi(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2009
Well done Uncle Oyedepo, may God continue to empower you to do His work. Fellow Nairalanders, it is quite difficult to appreciate God and know what He can do if you do not have a personal encounter with Him. The ministry of working of Miracles has been given to as many that received Christ, John1:12, unless you receive Christ as your Lord and Saviour, this thing called Miracle would always be like Home Movie to you. Gentlemen and Ladies. Concerning the so called Queen of Sheba, she could not have stayed any longer because light and darkness do not have anything in common, Once light shines darkness will disappear, John1:5. This working of Miracles is a mystery and is revealed to those that have a special relationship with Christ, to others is like home movie or parable, Mark4:11. One think that is so peculiar to Christ is that, He does not force anybody, but on daily basis knocks on your door, when you open for Him, He comes in and takes charge of your life and you too will become empowered to drive or chase satan away, Please accept Him now and be free from the manipulations of satan and his agents less ,
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by qblaze(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2009
A day in the life of a Winners' pastor.

"Dear Pastor," I have a problem.

"What is it, my child?"

"I don't know what is happening to me, I am falling apart. My business is not doing well. Segun comes home late and I think there's another woman. My boss won't promote me in spite of all my efforts."

"Don't worry child, just hope on the Lord. You know I told you that Segun wasn't right for you. He's the demon in your life. His lineage is cursed. Do you know that his father and grandfather were rooted in poverty throughout their their lives? Come closer my dear."

She moves nearer to the pastor.

TO BE CONTINUED.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by bawomolo(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2009
the bishop showed u love when you were at cu

love that can with an humongous price tag.  tough love i see

remember those kids that laughed at Gods servant elijah,,,,the man of God called out bears that ate them up

oh here comes the scare tactics.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by oyinda3(f): 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2009
there is a queen of sheba in liberia? any pics?
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by qblaze(m): 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2009
Papa Oyedepo is a con man. I pay my taxes. Does he pay his? What has he done to earn all this adulation? Who made him a bishop by the way?
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Purist(m): 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
O Ye Oyedepo Faithfuls should just shut the hell up!

Queen Sheba did not leave unceremoniously, contrary to that report.  Infact, she even gave a farewell message before her depature from Liberia.  The very same Queen Sheba that has been painted as a diabolical woman by Oyedepo made the statements below.

Queen Sheba III has been in the country of the National Traditional Council of Liberia (NTCL) and she is departing the country today for her dear abode. Commenting on what she made of her visit and the prospects of the country that is still nursing deep wounds of conflict, the young and elegant looking woman told reporters yesterday that though Liberia is lacking behind as a result of the war, with the conviction of the people of Liberia it can become a great nation.

She said she was of the strong conviction that Liberia will rise up, after the years of conflict, as one of the most powerful and successful countries in West Africa. “It is lacking behind, but the strong conviction of the people, the love of the people for the nation will bring it up.”

While in the country she did not have the opportunity of meeting President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf to advance any suggestions as to the way forward for Liberia, however, she said “unity will make difference in the country. The message is taking back home and leaving with Liberia is that “that we are one, that she loves Liberia and its people and their hearts for God.

“African is one continent, one people; whether you are in Liberia, wherever you are, is one family and that family we must cherish,” she said when asked as to what message she was taking back home, adding: Hhave trust, have faith in God because God has a plan for Africa.”

Queen Sheba said she is impressed by the hospitality and enthusiasm Liberians displayed, most especially the fact that people are allowed to speak what is on their mind, what they want the country to be. “You are strong a nation in spite of the war and tribulations you’ve gone through. I like the conviction of the people.
http://www.analystliberia.com/global_witness_fights_proxy_war_july22_09.html

Meanwhile, allegations concerning her alleged diabolism have been debunked Liberia's Ministry of Internal Affairs.
http://www.theinquirer.com.lr/story.php?record_id=1487&sub=14
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2009
does anyone know who this queen of Sheba is, where she came from, and where is her next port of call?

where else but Nigeria?
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by oyinda3(f): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2009
WHOOO IS QUEEN OF SHEBA?? anyone care to explain? n where's she from?
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by mazaje(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2009
perewesley:

tudor------------shame on you, u attended covenant university and u have the effrontery to talk about God's servant the bishop like that---
i attended covenant too and i'm an eagle,,,tudor u are just a big bat!!!!! or yeah---vulture---
now how do u repay him-----[b]voice scandalous words against Gods anointed----tidor be careful oh --u are walking on a very tin thread
remember those kids that laughed at Gods servant elijah,,,,the man of God called out bears that ate them up[/b]HE THAT HAS EYES LET HIM HEAR
ALL U NAIRALANDERS SPEAK WITH CAUTION WHEN U TALK ABOUT MY PAPA BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO

Yet you people go around shouting that your god is a good, loving and merciful god but still turn around saying that he sent bears to tear up kids to death just for being kids. . . . why do you guys allow ridiculous fear to rule over your lives? . Why are people too fearful of lies and myths?
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by mazaje(m): 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2009
@ OP a blind person was healed yet the same pastor took his wife to a very good hospital outside Nigeria when she fell sick with stroke eh? Why didnt he also pray to jesus to heal his wife? Why do you guys love believing in ridiculous and seneless lies?
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
mactao:

Of course. But it seems a lot of people, maybe including you, do not believe that verse. You believe Oyedepo brainwashes people to get their money. I wonder how you know that. Yet you believe it. Maybe there's something I don't know. Maybe you could explain.

In your personal opinion, davidylan, is there any pastor on earth who's rich and who's a true pastor? Please name.

I believe that verse whole-heartedly, i know genuine christians who have been blessed by God with solid jobs and businesses that has brought them wealth. Riches obtained by conning the people with false doctrine and twisting the bible is NOT what that verse was talking about. you pastors feed fat on the offerings of the poor using the theology of tithes - the same tithes that were meant for the poor, the widow, the fatherless and the levites in the same bible you quote?

I know one pastor who is rich and genuine . . . a family friend of ours. He doesnt touch the offering at all. He made his money through his job and business. The church offering goes to missions, maintaining the church and paying the church workers. He doesnt get a penny and a lot of the equipment in the church he paid from his own pocket!
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2009
perewesley:

i attended covenant too and i'm an eagle,,,tudor u are just a big bat!!!!! or yeah---vulture---
now how do u repay him-----voice scandalous words against Gods anointed----tidor be careful oh --u are walking on a very tin thread
remember those kids that laughed at Gods servant elijah,,,,the man of God called out bears that ate them up
HE THAT HAS EYES LET HIM HEAR
ALL U NAIRALANDERS SPEAK WITH CAUTION WHEN U TALK ABOUT MY PAPA BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO

my dear you are talking nonsense. Its not your fault, you are simply not fed the true word of God so you defend your wolves in sheeps clothing who lead you astray and bleed you dry financially in the process.
What do you mean by "daring to have the effontery to talk to God's servant like that"? Are YOU not a servant of God? what makes your "bishop" any more special than you? Was Stephen not stoned by the very same Paul who ended up a great apostle to the gentiles?

So because you attend CU you have now become an eagle? I laugh at the complete idiocy that modern day christianity has turned to, no wonder the world is too busy laughing at us. Do you also think that people like Lazarus the beggar who could not even afford to clean the sores of their bodies are not eagles?

What of the desperately poor who cant afford to send their children to CU but contributed every sunday to the building of that church? Their children are fowls?

We dont "repay" your papa for anything, it costs an arm and a leg to attend CU so stop that nonsense about him showing you "love" there. To build a school with tithes and offerings that only the rich kids of corrupt politicians can attend is a disgrace. That is not the sign of "love" . . . but of greed, selfishness and wickedness.

Let your "papa" (another false doctrine) call bears from heaven . . . nothing will happen! Powerless charlatans.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by qblaze(m): 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
Papa the love-vendor!!!
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by vikiviko(m): 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2009
Oye Baba well done.

Please help cast the devils in Nigerian Polity, the corrupt and evil Politician, the bank debtors, militants, abuja senators and al-Qaeda fundamentalist.

Most importantly cast the evil spirit that makes our president look sick.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2009
davidylan:

my dear you are talking nonsense. Its not your fault, you are simply not fed the true word of God so you defend your wolves in sheeps clothing who lead you astray and bleed you dry financially in the process.
What do you mean by "daring to have the effontery to talk to God's servant like that"? Are YOU not a servant of God? what makes your "bishop" any more special than you? Was Stephen not stoned by the very same Paul who ended up a great apostle to the gentiles?

So because you attend CU you have now become an eagle? I laugh at the complete idiocy that modern day christianity has turned to, no wonder the world is too busy laughing at us. Do you also think that people like Lazarus the beggar who could not even afford to clean the sores of their bodies are not eagles?

What of the desperately poor who cant afford to send their children to CU but contributed every sunday to the building of that church? Their children are fowls?

We dont "repay" your papa for anything, it costs an arm and a leg to attend CU so stop that nonsense about him showing you "love" there. To build a school with tithes and offerings that only the rich kids of corrupt politicians can attend is a disgrace. That is not the sign of "love" . . . but of greed, selfishness and wickedness.

Let your "papa" (another false doctrine) call bears from heaven . . . nothing will happen! Powerless charlatans.

No, davidylan, you got it wrong. Eagle is a term used by CU to refer to its graduates, not some self styled indication of pride.
Re: Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo by spoilt(f): 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2009
Queen of Sheba was in liberia? grin

I cant laugh right now. Maybe tomorrow. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

CAC Abule-Ijesha Members Fight As Pastor Is Thrown Out Of Church In Lagos / Benny Hinn At Ayo Oritsejafor's Church In Warri. Photos / One Word For This Pastor. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.