Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment (27213 Views)

Ooni Disowns Statement From His Palace On Issue With Oba Of Lagos / Breaking:edo Govt Withdraws Letter On Oba Of Benin / Eheneden Erediauwa Approved As Oba Of Benin By Edo Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 25, 2016
bokohalal:

Not in Benin

Ask him to go beyond govt granted boundaries and let's test it. Afterall u claim he is god on earth. grin grin
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by bokohalal(m): 3:48pm On May 25, 2016
Demmdemm:

Ask him to go beyond govt granted boundaries and let's test it. Afterall u claim he is god on earth. grin grin
You are not making sense. Only criminals go beyond the laws of the land.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 25, 2016
bokohalal:

Not in Benin . He remains Oba until he becomes Enikaro. Understand that. You cannot put someone in his stead as long as he is alive.

U Av spoken traditionally but constitutionally which superceeds whatever u grew up with traditionally it's null and void.
There is a reason why we call them EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR. Research on that. grin
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 25, 2016
bokohalal:

You are not making sense. Only criminals go beyond the laws of the land.

Which laws are we reffering to. U are referring to the conquered benin law am referring to FRN laws.
Ur traditional law gives ur oba right to kill anyone he deemed fit, let him try that now and see him not prosecuted.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by bokohalal(m): 3:58pm On May 25, 2016
Demmdemm:

U Av spoken traditionally but constitutionally which superceeds whatever u grew up with traditionally it's null and void.
There is a reason why we call them EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR. Research on that. grin
You are funny. Very funny. Any law student in Nigeria knows that heredity laws in Edo state, as stipulated in S.13 (1) is sacrosanct. The Supreme Court cannot twist it.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 25, 2016
bokohalal:

You are funny. Very funny. Any law student in Nigeria knows that heredity laws in Edo state, as stipulated in S.13 (1) is sacrosanct. The Supreme Court cannot twist it.

Stop shifting goal post. Did oshiomole tamper with ur hereditary debacle? No one is questioning that. The issue at stake is does he have powers to depose him? Ooo yes he has.......
By the way, the pronouncement of the supreme Court is far superior and weighty than ur local oba even in that ur enclave. Bini Kingdom has since been conquered and defeated. If the supreme Court orders that ur oba should be beheaded, he will remain in ikpobia prison pending when the EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR gives the go order. U feel me? grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by bokohalal(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2016
Demmdemm:

Stop shifting goal post. Did oshiomole tamper with ur hereditary debacle? No one is questioning that. The issue at stake is does he have powers to depose him? Ooo yes he has.......
By the way, the pronouncement of the supreme Court is far superior and weighty than ur local oba even in that ur enclave. Bini Kingdom has since been conquered and defeated. If the supreme Court orders that ur oba should be beheaded, he will remain in ikpobia prison pending when the EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR gives the go order. U feel me? grin
Didn't realize that I was wasting my time with a minor.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 25, 2016
bokohalal:

Didn't realize that I was wasting my time with a minor.

A "minor" with superior arguments as regards the FRN laws as against achaic conquered Bini laws which u hold in high esteem.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by castrokins(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2016
The Things We See And Hear Under Buhari's Administration Though. Confusion And Policy Summersault Everyday, Everywhere...
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 25, 2016
[s][/s]
Demmdemm:

Ur ignorance nauseates me still. Oshiomole makes a political correction and not that ur oba superceeds the law of the land. Governors can deposed an oba and thats a fact.
[s][/s]

I feel so much shame for your disastrous intellectual pride. Keep swimming deep down its base till you drown beyond redemption. What abominable ignorance! cheesy
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 25, 2016
[s]
WiseBully:
[/s][s]

I feel so much shame for your disastrous intellectual pride. Keep swimming deep down its base till you drown beyond redemption. What abominable ignorance! cheesy
[/s]

Very senseless arrangements of words that has no weight. Ur oba himself succumbs to the laws of FRN which superceeds whatever traditional law u Av chosen to enslave ursef with.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by aigbokiejohnson(m): 4:37pm On May 25, 2016
It is primogenitory. Does not need any approval from any quarters be it state or Federal government.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by OlujobaSamuel: 4:42pm On May 25, 2016
irrespective of whether there will be chaos or not, every governor in Nigeria possesses the power to remove a king.
any law made by anyone in the nation that is contradictory to the constitution will to that extent be null and void.
Olubadan is based on ranking
Emir is selection out of a set of heir
Bini is hereditary
each kingdom with its culture, however, the governor has the power to reject or appoint, the worse is that there won't be peace in that kingdom.
The whole edo is not under the oba's jurisdiction but it is under the governor.
will use osun(my home state) as an example. oni and ataoja are both 1st class king, ataoja housed the state capital, if the governor decide not to accept oni(good or bad), there will be crisis only in ife because you will be guilty of war by trying to attack the governor at the government house because you are already in another kingdom.
the governor will do just fine to respect tradition, but if he decides not to, nothing will happen, na only mouth una go dey make, when fg send tanks to your small community, na den you go dey beg make dem make anyone the king, you go accept.
iya o to iya, l'aiye eni naa mi o ni da, ti iya ba to iya, you go bless who dey beat you sef. kissirrespective of whether there will be chaos or not, every governor in Nigeria possesses the power to remove a king.
any law made by anyone in the nation that is contradictory to the constitution will to that extent be null and void.
Bini is hereditary
each kingdom with its culture, however, the governor has the power to reject or appoint, the worse is that there won't be peace in that kingdom.
will use osun(my home state) as an example. oni and ataoja are both 1st class king, ataoja housed the state capital, if the governor decide not to accept oni(good or bad), there will be crisis only in ife because you will be guilty of war by trying to attack the governor at the government house because you are already in another kingdom.
the governor will do just fine to respect tradition, but if he decides not to, nothing will happen, na only mouth una go dey make, when fg send tanks to your small community, na den you go dey beg make dem make anyone the king, you go accept.
iya o to iya, l'aiye eni naa mi o ni da, ti iya ba to iya, you go bless who dey beat you sef.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Apelex(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
irrespective of whether there will be chaos or not, every governor in Nigeria possesses the power to remove a king.
Bini is hereditary
iya o to iya, l'aiye eni naa mi o ni da, ti iya ba to iya, you go bless who dey beat you sef. kissirrespective of whether there will be chaos or not, every governor in Nigeria possesses the power to remove a king.
Bini is hereditary
iya o to iya, l'aiye eni naa mi o ni da, ti iya ba to iya, you go bless who dey beat you sef.

Where are you?I won buy you beer?

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Apelex(m): 5:13pm On May 25, 2016
Ignorant Nigerians dragging about a traditional ruler and a governor.......a Governor that by law can't be arrested or taken to court.and a mere Oba that get funded from local government....
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by OlujobaSamuel: 5:28pm On May 25, 2016
Apelex:

Where are you?I won buy you beer?
smiles, I no dey drink beer, but I fit go with any kind of fish.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by OlujobaSamuel: 5:37pm On May 25, 2016
Apelex:
Ignorant Nigerians dragging about a traditional ruler and a governor.......a Governor that by law can't be arrested or taken to court.and a mere Oba that get funded from local government....
no be their fault, na gej(no vex sir) cause all these nonsense, if he no go kneel down before those kings for ife(oni and his 2nd class kings), who get mouth to yarn thrash. make edo get governor like fayose tomorrow and he no gree with whoever is on that throne, if eledumare will perfect their case, the governor should be a right hand man of the president in power, they will know that traditional stool is useless when government protection is absent.
that was how some people said alafin go see lady and command sey the lady must marry am, I just dey laff, for this age? except na jazz which I know sey exists, any other thing no fit work because am not even his subject to start with.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by basadenet: 5:37pm On May 25, 2016
must everybody cover their faces with sunglasses? show your face and let the whole know you.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by meshinoye(m): 6:01pm On May 25, 2016
In line with Section 19 (1) of the Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law, 1979 (as amended) and by virtue of all other laws the Executive Governor of any State in Nigeria are empowered to approved the appointment of all traditional rulers including the Emirs and the Oba of Benin, Oba of Lagos or any other Obas or whatever traditional ruler position in there respective state inside the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It’s a shame that youths don’t understand the grammatical meaning of “Approval of appointment”
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by basingstoke: 7:05pm On May 25, 2016
where are the fools talking about constitution, they think this buhari and his zoombies matter. the bini traditional government is fsr advanced than this zoo calleed nigeria, were one brainless man is voted to power by alimanjiris, UK has a law, but the queen is above the law, that is the same thing as the throne of oba, APC AND OSHIOMOLE HAS LOST EDO ELECTION COME SEPTEMBER, SACRILEGE,none sense
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by naijanaso: 8:15pm On May 25, 2016
royallord1:
The Edo State Government has withdrawn a letter earlier issued on the Oba of Benin, saying it was issued in error.
In a retraction signed by the Secretary to State Government, Julius Ihonvbere, dated May 25, 2016, the government said: “In deference to the revered age-long tradition and respect for the sensibilities of the people of the great Benin Kingdom, the Government of Edo State hereby withdraws a letter issued on 24th May 2016 entitled: “Appointment of His Royal Highness Edaiken N’Uselu, Crown Prince Eheneden Erediauwa as the Oba of Benin”
“The said letter was issued in error as the rites of passage of His Royal Majesty, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba of Benin are still on.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/204053-edo-govt-withdraws-letter-approving-new-oba-benin.html

Everything about APC govt is in error. BUHARI is in error. Their promises are made in error. Ibe Kachikwu makes statements in error. Fashola denying provision of steady power supply in 6months is also in error. Amaechi was governor of Rivers State and only noticed in error that Jonathan rejuvenated the train system that gets to PH. Is it LAI MOHAMMED that is left out? Pls I no want vex.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by popsonbj: 8:41pm On May 25, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
Bini is hereditary
Bini is hereditary

Well said, my bros.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by OlaoChi: 10:01pm On May 25, 2016
dukie25:
I wasted nearly an hour this morning lecturing people on Bini/Edo culture.
The facts are:
Oshiomhole can't appoint the Oba of Benin, it is hereditary, it's a birthright different from the Oni of Ife, the Sultan of Sokoto or the Emir of Kano.

Eheneden Erediauwa becomes Oba at the death of his father, no other person can occupy that position as long as he is alive.
If Eheneden dies today, his first son even if he is an infant would be the Oba, regents would then steer him till he is old enough to take over.

I said it Edo youths are the most ignorant of all, even Aboki is not this ignorant or lacking in comprehension

this new report puts it like this " we will issue new appointment letter after burial rites of Oba Erediauwa are complete"
the error is about the appointment coming at a wrong time not about the appointment itself

All State governors must approve the traditional rulers, Oba of Benin is not above the law

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by OlaoChi: 10:11pm On May 25, 2016
Businessideas:
In summary, Appointment is deferred. The appointment letter that will be issued to the Oba of Benin like every other edo state kings, is a legal necessity.

The said letter was issued in error as the rites of passage of His Royal Majesty, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba of Benin are still on.
“The government will, in due course, issue a fresh letter on the installation of the Edaiken N’Uselu, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Eheneden Erediauwa, as the Oba of Benin, in line with the age-long succession tradition of the Benin Kingdom and in line with Section 19 (1) of the Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law, 1979 (as amended) and by virtue of all other laws enabling it in that behalf, after all necessary traditional rites are concluded.”

I'm shocked to see that the Edo youths on this thread don't comprehend the statement made by the Edo state government.

it is clear that the letter of appointment is left pending when the funeral rites of the late oba is complete

I used to have much admiration for bini people but with recent developments I can see they aren't so intelligent after all
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by paulynpen(m): 9:43am On May 26, 2016
[I think you are wrong on this i am a bini man birn and brought up in the land well schooled in her culture no one contested the fact that oba succesion is hereditary but must be approved by the govt of the day to make it legal else its illegal. Like every other institution the thrine must be duely presented with instrument of authority else it has no authority whatsoever. Why do you need a C/O on your inherited land? Dont you know that the govt has the authority to abolish the laws that create trafitional institution and make every traditional ruler invalid?The throne of the Oba of Bini is not subject to the approval or discretion of even the President talk less of a governor under the Oba's realm.

This is the only surviving dynasty left in Africa and it dates back to a bloodline centuries before Nigeria or Edo state came into existence.

For one unionist scammer to have the audacity to declare the living heir apparent to his claims to his forefathers throne is a abomination upon itself.

Oshiomole must sacrifice Iara to appease the gods and ancestors of the revered Bini Kingdom for his sacrilegious claims of authorising a new Oba for the Kingdom of Bini and her peoples.[/quote]
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2016
free2ryhme:
The finishing on the leather seat this dude is sitting is very poor,that is a major problem with artisans in Nigeria,they never take their time to do anything well

U no get respect?

Who u dey call dude?

Will you address your father or pastor or your tribal traditional ruler as a "dude?
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 5:44pm On May 26, 2016
BiafranAmerican:

So the throne can only be ascended by descendants of the former Oba even if he is an slowpoke. There is no merit on that. I feel a king should be nominated based on merit.

What a stupid statement.

do you know what royal blood is?

For you to wish imbecility on the royal family, you are gathering curses upon your generation.

Before you say more nonsense, God made him king, and made you a nobody.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2016
neocortex:

He apologised for breach of protocol not his action.

Oba remains invalid until his appointment is ratified by the governor.
The ones you termed "yeye" were also appointed through traditional
means before their respective governor ratified their appointment.

Dude keep quiet and learn when u don't know. The governor can only ratify, not appoint.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 5:57pm On May 26, 2016
bokohalal:

Not in Benin.
Onyeregbulem only suspended the Oba from meetings of Edo State Traditional council. It didn't stop the Oba from performing his traditional functions

Yea, Navy captain Anthony ibe Onyeregbulem.

He died mysteriously.

Dem no know Wetin kill am
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 6:01pm On May 26, 2016
Apelex:

[Sanusi succeeded his grand uncle.he knew..its also lineage just like most traditional rulers........

You are not in a dynasty. The Oba's role in remains ceremonial
Though it is only naturally for to bestow respect to such traditional rulers.
Its just like the Queen of England she has no real powers but is widely respected ]

You are just a bitter yoruba man.

Your ooni wields less influence, that's what troubles you.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 6:07pm On May 26, 2016
priceaction:
OK. Am asking because we too have an extended family from ekiti that are benin, they are ruling family too in their town- forgot the name of the town now. My parents always host them then. So I never knew that is how benin kingdom operates.

What is this one saying?

You yoruba people will never cease to dabble Where u know nothing, and you will not want to learn.

There is only one royal bloodline in benin kingdom. Firstborn son of the king will be king. The Oba's brother can't be king. the oba's twin can't even be king.

There Is nothing like different ruling houses.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 6:11pm On May 26, 2016

Under the laws of the land which even ur oba dares not to flout, oshiomole approval is all that matters. The Bini Kingdom is a conquered Kingdom by the British who has returned such to the Nigerian govt. Nigerian laws superceeds ur local laws. Even in Bini, ur oba knows his boundaries. If ur oba likes let him flout any of our laws claiming he was to follow ancient laws ( eg killing any soul) and see him spend the rest of his life in kirikiri.

Just like your ooni will go to jail for forgery , embezzlement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? / King Edward Asimini Celebrates 20 Years On The Throne In Bonny Kingdom / Ooni Of Ife Hosts American Delegates At His Palace In Osun State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.