Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment (27215 Views)

Ooni Disowns Statement From His Palace On Issue With Oba Of Lagos / Breaking:edo Govt Withdraws Letter On Oba Of Benin / Eheneden Erediauwa Approved As Oba Of Benin By Edo Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 6:14pm On May 26, 2016

All kings are useless including ur oba in this dispensation. Why do u think they are fighting for constitutional roles? That u binis chooses to enslave ursef to ur oba is ur cup of tea. Anytime am in Benin, I obey just the law of FRN and not one ancient benin laws. I don't even care if such exist because to me it's inconsequential. In this dispensation, govt is the all in all. The earlier u realised this the better.

Oh really?

Come and try it in benin. Your head will be missing before you remember what you have done, and your parents will be glad for it.

Who and which court wan judge am?

Idiot fellow
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 6:16pm On May 26, 2016
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 6:17pm On May 26, 2016
Apelex and the other useless entities on this thread, who only respect their own tradition, and cast aspersions on the traditions of others.

Most of you are yoruba, and you are simply bitter.

You always seem to think people are in competition with you in everything.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2016
WiseBully:
[/s][s]

I feel so much shame for your disastrous intellectual pride. Keep swimming deep down its base till you drown beyond redemption. What abominable ignorance! cheesy

Don't mind the nitwit.

He is a yoruba man

A very bitter one

Say any of this about his ooni, and see how the scales leave his eyes so fast.

Confused sorrowful knucklehead

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by neocortex: 6:30pm On May 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Dude keep quiet and learn when u don't know. The governor can only ratify, not appoint.

So which king does a governor appoint ?
There is surely a wide difference between literacy and education.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2016
neocortex:

So which king does a governor appoint ?
There is surely a wide difference between literacy and education.

Exactly. The statement in bold is the only reason you will ask that stupid (senseless, as in foolish) question u just asked.

Are you satisfied? Or do you want more?
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by neocortex: 7:02pm On May 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Exactly. The statement in bold is the only reason you will ask that stupid (senseless, as in foolish) question u just asked.

Are you satisfied? Or do you want more?

I didn't expect you to understand my statement because it takes
more than literacy to do so.

Next time ask anyone near you before replying.
Okay ?
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Apelex(m): 8:07am On May 27, 2016
Etinosajay:
Apelex and the other useless entities on this thread, who only respect their own tradition, and cast aspersions on the traditions of others.

Most of you are yoruba, and you are simply bitter.

You always seem to think people are in competition with you in everything.

I respect the tradition... Am not a Yoruba man...what I don't like is the pips comparing an elected governor and a traditional ruler....comparing the constitution and what thier tradition says..failing to understand the powers of the governor over mere traditional rulers....

Failing to understand that the constitution gives the governor powers to appoint,, remove, any traditional ruler.even with whatever the tradition says.
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Apelex(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2016
Etinosajay:

Pàpalp
You are just a bitter yoruba man.

Your ooni wields less influence, that's what troubles you.

I am not a Yoruba man.....
Nigerians are so ignorant,what is mere tradition compared to the constitution of Nigeria.same constitution empowers the Governor to appoint,remove any traditional ruler..
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by Etinosajay(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2016
Apelex:

I am not a Yoruba man.....
Nigerians are so ignorant,what is mere tradition compared to the constitution of Nigeria.same constitution empowers the Governor to appoint,remove any traditional ruler..

Dude, let person hear word.

The problem with you is you claim you're right, and assume every other person wrong.

Quote me back when the governor issues that appointment letter later as he stated.

It will not happen. It's a letter of ratification, and staff of office he will present, which albeit are ceremonial.

You people just hate the tradition of another person simply because you don't understand it, or it sounds too good in your ears.

If you're not bitter, why haven't you dropped this matter yet? Why you carry am for head?
Re: Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment by BiafranAmerican: 11:55pm On May 27, 2016
Etinosajay:

What a stupid statement.

do you know what royal blood is?

For you to wish imbecility on the royal family, you are gathering curses upon your generation.

Before you say more nonsense, God made him king, and made you a nobody.
Stupid royal blood with different percentagr of plasma and water than yours I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? / King Edward Asimini Celebrates 20 Years On The Throne In Bonny Kingdom / Ooni Of Ife Hosts American Delegates At His Palace In Osun State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.