Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets (37923 Views)

Paris Club Refund: Court Freezes Bank Accounts Of Abia, Cross River, Delta State / Ganduje Signs $1.8bn Railway Project With Chinese Firm(pics) / $1.8bn Assets Of Aluko & Omokore To Be Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by hatchy(f): 9:32pm On May 25, 2016
I will continue to say it that the Otuoke drunken master is a total damage to this country. Imagine the level of looting under his watch.Another four years would have sent this country to Ikoyi cemetery permanently.Jonathan needs to taste kuje watery beans for bringing us where we are today. Wailers where at thou?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by fejicruz(m): 9:35pm On May 25, 2016
Do you think the judge who has spent over 10yrs as a lawyer before becoming a judge & the Lawyer who applied for mareva injunction are ignorant people? Pls Google "mareva injunction & read for yourself before commenting on something you do not know about.

cktheluckyman:
Lolz!! So a federal high court in lagos would seize an asset in los angeles USA? These fools never cease to amaze me!! Very soon a high court in zimbabwe would order the seizure of my property in lagos!!

It is very easy to secure the oluwole injuction anyway,the enforcement is another matter entirely

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by sadissbala(m): 9:35pm On May 25, 2016
hustla:
2 million pounds for one wristwatch
People like this are the ones who should be taken to Oshodi and be executed jungle justice style. People are hungry, starving and you have mansions everywhere, the annoying thing is you can only sleep in one at a time, possibly once in many months.
Chei I weep for Nigeria and corruption Sha. What If Buhari didn't come to power, would this nonsense have continue unabated?

cry shocked
and emerging something bunch of nonsense corrupt elements are supporting these guys that left the future of this country in total jeopardy.pls pls emerging a person stealing morthan $1b Kai only God can judge these people, because killing them is not enough.

5 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Waspy(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2016
excel101:
Deziani you no try @ all, imagine you gave our Niger Delta wealth to 2 igbo smoking yoruba men. Mr president also need to revoke the ownership of the oil blocs that were illegally allocated or obtained by the criminals from the North.
We warned you guys then.. ...but your responses were :
She is our daughter, It is our oyel.
Now your brothers are throwing tantrums blowing up sewage pipes all over the place tongue tongue tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by tsdarkside(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2016
hatchy:
I will continue to say it that the Otuoke drunken master is a total damage to this country. Imagine the level of looting under his watch.Another four years would have sent this country to Ikoyi cemetery permanently.Jonathan needs to taste kuje watery beans for bringing us where we are today. Wailers where at thou?

na dead,never to be resurrected again be that.....operation succesful,patient dead,be that!!!....chaiiiii...we done suffer..!!...chaiii.....

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by IamSpeakdaTruth: 9:40pm On May 25, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef
all you do on NL is to call a mod, I hope they pay you cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Intendy: 9:41pm On May 25, 2016
BIGERBOY1:

It is not a direct order freezing the assets rather a permission granting FG liberty to go after their assets using international legal framework

you should know he can't comprehend that's why he typed "RAWBISH"

2 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by owonbe: 9:42pm On May 25, 2016
Well done. But, it has always been stories on dis court matter. We need more action from our judiciary.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Fickie(m): 9:43pm On May 25, 2016
Stalwert:
grin wailing fagggot zombies will be like court doesn't have jurisdiction outside Nigeria. ..but the rams heads never understood PMB international connect built during his travels would provide supporting legal back up to enforce the order. Nigeria will be great to the consternation of the wailing foggocites
yeah you can say that again

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by coldFLARES1(m): 9:44pm On May 25, 2016
seunmsg:

Pa Chukwudi44, why are you always in support of corrupt criminals? You have opposed all the efforts of this government to prosecute and recover stolen assets from people who almost ruined this country with their greed. Seriously, do they pay you to do this or you just love to defend corrupt criminals?
One day, ......just one day, his career would end in the gallows of Malaysia or Vietnam.
Just indulge him, for the time being.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:44pm On May 25, 2016
wirinet:
PDP and its allies (IPOB and Avengers) would not like this. They will start screaming, "Buhari should face the economy and stop distracting Nigerians.

Hehehehehe

They must vomit the money by force
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Jambsupport(f): 9:44pm On May 25, 2016
Nigeria is a land of poo
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Charles545: 9:46pm On May 25, 2016
cktheluckyman:
A federal high court in lagos does not have jurisdiction outside Nigeria.The order is as useless as my toilet paper

Well....Hence the defendants have assets in other countries, the injunction is to restrain them from removing those assets before the commencement of the action.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by tsdarkside(m): 9:49pm On May 25, 2016
IamSpeakdaTruth:
all you do on NL is to call a mod, I hope they pay you cheesy cheesy

dont mind him..this wones are special.....when they get suprised with tooo much informations,they shout..::

lalastic-seun-scopi..........its normal...we are getting bombarded with the truth daily since buhari is in charge...dont blame them too much..

even me,i am confused with soooooo much revelations....

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 25, 2016
Missy89:
Nigerian court order to freeze worldwide asset ?

Good luck with that

The mareva order simply needs to be enrolled in any juris diction in which there are assets. The other thing that the mareva order does is to make people wary of dealing with anyone holding those assets; no one will buy or lease them, if any of them has been used as collateral, the loan will be called in. It's an accepted high pressure way of going after stolen funds and you can be absolutely sure discussions have already been tied up with authorities in those countries.

Perhaps one good reason that forbes reported that Mr. Àluko sold a building at a $2m loss a few weeks back. He saw it coming

But he can't cover all the bases.

He is going to take a cold bath. No question.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by IamSpeakdaTruth: 9:51pm On May 25, 2016
tsdarkside:

dont mind him..this wones are special.....we the get suprised with tooo much informations,they shout..

lalastic-seun-scopi..........its normal...we are getting bombarded with the truth daily since buhari is in charge...dont blame them too much..

even me,i am confused with soooooo much revelations....
d situation has turned season film o, na episode 12 we dey lol
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 25, 2016
And d northerners haven't stolen??

Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by tsdarkside(m): 9:54pm On May 25, 2016
IamSpeakdaTruth:
d situation has turned season film o, na episode 12 we dey lol

me am seeing episode 39 already...they dont understand the dangerous world around them with episode 12......

oyeeee....!!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Fourwinds: 9:55pm On May 25, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Lolz!! So a federal high court in lagos would seize an asset in los angeles USA? These fools never cease to amaze me!! Very soon a high court in zimbabwe would order the seizure of my property in lagos!!

It is very easy to secure the oluwole injuction anyway,the enforcement is another matter entirely
u be real Pa Chukudi.. u will soon understand how this will work...So all d travels made by d president., u think is for fun abi.. Pa Chukudi wake up

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Olukat(m): 9:56pm On May 25, 2016
wirinet:
PDP and its allies (IPOB and Avengers) would not like this. They will start screaming, "Buhari should face the economy and stop distracting Nigerians.

Funny you smiley smiley
It was Buhari that fought and got Abacha's loot, my guess hmmm
Don't forget "Abacha didnt steal any money"-Buhari
I don't see why they should invest all their time on loot recovery.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by IamSpeakdaTruth: 9:58pm On May 25, 2016
tsdarkside:

me am seeing episode 39 already...they dont understand the dangerous world around them with episode 12......

oyeeee....!!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
lol all d thieves must return our money
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by alizma: 9:58pm On May 25, 2016
even metuh has realized that this war is a no going back war against corruption and had humbly agreed to return our yam in millions.

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by kcnwaigbo: 9:59pm On May 25, 2016
Charles545:

Well....Hence the defendants have assets in other countries, the injunction is to restrain them from removing those assets before the commencement of the action.
I still don't see how the order of the Lagos court will be enforced in the US.Can you please explain
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Missy89(f): 9:59pm On May 25, 2016
greenpasture:

The mareva order simply needs to be enrolled in any juris diction in which there are assets. The other thing that the mareva order does is to make people wary of dealing with anyone holding those assets; no one will buy or lease them, if any of them has been used as collateral, the loan will be called in. It's an accepted high pressure way of going after stolen funds and you can be absolutely sure discussions have already been tied up with authorities in those countries.

Perhaps one good reason that forbes reported that Mr. Àluko sold a building at a $2m loss a few weeks back. He saw it coming

But he can't cover all the bases.

He is going to take a cold bath. No question.

I would assume that Buhari's government is going after assets in the UK. This injunction will be crushed in US courts. They have always rejected it as far as i know
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Esperooke(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2016
Jide Omokore, you see your life? 2 millions pound wrist watch?
Mansion every where... Your home town, Isanlu have spent close to 3 years without electricity for want of little millions for some fixes, yet you float around in billions.. I have always known sooner or later 'number six' will catch you.
(In Mama peace's voice)
There is God o

2 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by tizzle(m): 10:00pm On May 25, 2016
2 million pound wrist watch? Thats a f₹$king lie...
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by niggaz4life: 10:01pm On May 25, 2016
EmeeNaka:
But why are there more SWners and Northerners among these exposed looters? it means that East were merely supporting GEJ while the people of those zones were busy getting all the money
yeah everybody uses the SE and dumps them because they are blind followers

4 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by DLioness(f): 10:02pm On May 25, 2016
cktheluckyman:
A federal high court in lagos does not have jurisdiction outside Nigeria.The order is as useless as my toilet paper
Nigeria may nt ve jurisdctn bt we ve Procedure for enforcemnt of foreign judmnts. Nigerians cn enforce their judgements abroad and here too in Nigeria ppl ve bn returnin wt foreign judgements and we do the needful, provided there is reciprocacy agreemnt and mind u there exists a strong bond btw commonwealth nations. Mareva and anto pillar orders ar nt toyd wt so stop sayn wat u dnt knw.

2 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by uyplus(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2016
Sinbad2007:
Assets specifically mentioned include three
mansions in Los Angeles, two high-end
apartments in New York City, properties in
Santa Barbara, California; numerous
properties in Lagos including 43
apartments in Banana Island, 58 vehicles,
the Galactica Star yacht, and three
airplanes.

And you tell me this country will be great when people are busy bleeding it dry.

Don't mind those bastards who never see above their nose. That Aluko should be jailed. This guy became a billionaire in less than 1 year. That's why we can't move forward as a country because some eediots will still rise up to the defence of those insatiable yam eaters who used our commonwealth to fund their ostentatious lifestyles. Aluko was a guest in a US party and guess what, he gave the celebrant $1m to buy champagnes.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by tsdarkside(m): 10:04pm On May 25, 2016
IamSpeakdaTruth:
lol all d thieves must return our money

pahh...that they must anyway according to their international laws......if they deny to hold to their own international laws,then its time to leave any international agreements with this world........

leave the uno,leave commonwealth......leave everything,that doesnt profit you!!!....leavvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....!!!!!!

imagine...aint europeans thiefs too??...a thief steal and hide the loot in your house,aint you a thief too??.....

it doesnt matter if you didnt know that he or she was a thief...
but the ones that this thief stole from,is telling you this is not yours,the thief stole from us and gave it to you,,,and you are trying to play diplomatic,as if the owner of the propertie in the first place is a thief too..??
.....wicked!!!...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / Youth Corper Adopts 'Atikulated' As His Name (Photos) / 'White Nigerian' Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With His Family (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.