Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,233 members, 7,829,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets (37920 Views)

Paris Club Refund: Court Freezes Bank Accounts Of Abia, Cross River, Delta State / Ganduje Signs $1.8bn Railway Project With Chinese Firm(pics) / $1.8bn Assets Of Aluko & Omokore To Be Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by 989900B: 6:07am On May 26, 2016
$1.8b . . . lol the stolen/diverted funds are more than that.

BTW, the Burj Dubai costs $1.6b only.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by October1960: 6:07am On May 26, 2016
Not a lie sir.
http://www.watchtime.com/blog/million-dollar-watches/

I personally know children of corrupt government officials and politicians with watches costing over $30,000 dollars.

tizzle:
2 million pound wrist watch? Thats a f₹$king lie...

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Babacele: 6:09am On May 26, 2016
989900B:
$1.8b . . . lol the stolen/diverted funds are more than that.

BTW, the Burj Dubai costs $1.6b only.
say it again. That money can educate a whole generation of Ugandans .

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by 989900B: 6:22am On May 26, 2016
Babacele:
say it again. That money can educate a whole generation of Ugandans .

Kola Aluko, I have not seen someone as profligate as Kola Aluko since Mohammed Abacha!

Kola spent $1.5m (N450m≈, or same money for Linda's house, or money for at least 70 brand new toyota camry cars) on champagne, at Leonardo's birthday party, even though he went on to deny it.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by emmanuelbrown26: 6:23am On May 26, 2016
wirinet:
PDP and its allies (IPOB and Avengers) would not like this. They will start screaming, "Buhari should face the economy and stop distracting Nigerians.
biko nwanem(pls my broda) rephrase some of ur comment, am confirm nwafor Igbo (son of Igbo), its only those that still hv election hangover dat are crying for anyting good Mr Buhari is doing, daliuu, oseee

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by zheroes(m): 6:26am On May 26, 2016
DExplorer1:
Kola Aluko busted himself, he should have been playing hide and seek like Diezani .

Nigerians, behold the looters that crumbled the economy and left ashes for Buhari to deal with.
hahahahahah.. Don't mind him!!!!! He hadn't seen such money before that was why he got tipsy and began to act irrational and got busted. More yet to come. All of these coming out because PMB won. Otherwise it would have been party continua!!!!! Looter acerta!!!!!! Demons..!!! Sucking the blood of the poor masses thru bad roads, lack of medical care and good hospitals. How can a normal human being buy a wristwatch for over N600M? Does it resurrect the dead? I still think PMB is very lenient!!!! These guys should be tied to a pole and left to die!!! They don't have a conscience.

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by telleyway: 6:27am On May 26, 2016
Nigeria my country. but why
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by belloijumu55(m): 6:30am On May 26, 2016
They should be treated like an arm robber for putting Nigerians to hunger.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 6:41am On May 26, 2016
zheroes:
hahahahahah.. Don't mind him!!!!! He hadn't seen such money before that was why he got tipsy and began to act irrational and got busted. More yet to come. All of these coming out because PMB won. Otherwise it would have been party continua!!!!! Looter acerta!!!!!! Demons..!!! Sucking the blood of the poor masses thru bad roads, lack of medical care and good hospitals. How can a normal human being buy a wristwatch for over N600M? Does it resurrect the dead? I[b] still think PMB is very lenient!!!! These guys should be tied to a pole and left to die!!! They don't have a conscience.[/b]

DEMOCRACY
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Babacele: 6:41am On May 26, 2016
989900B:

Kola Aluko, I have not seen someone as profligate as Kola Aluko since Mohammed Abacha!

Kola spent $1.5m (N450m≈, or same money for Linda's house, or money for at least 70 brand new toyota camry cars) on champagne, at Leonardo's birthday party, even though he went on to deny it.
hmmmm, wetin clueless no allow? Just imagine the number of SMEs N900m can support.......but Kola wasted our Oil money on Hoes and fast cars! Then a non thinking ipob -avenger would prefer to pin the consequences of Kola's n IB's unbridled plundering on the new administration that is just a year old. Just waiting for May 29th to see who is who in the National Thieves' Register.

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by nsedet: 6:51am On May 26, 2016
No . We won't say that, @ least not all of us. What we'll say is going after them but do that justifiably and please don't use that as an excuse not to fix the mess you have also landed us in because things were not heading south when u came into power. Simple.
wirinet:
PDP and its allies (IPOB and Avengers) would not like this. They will start screaming, "Buhari should face the economy and stop distracting Nigerians.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by ayindejimmy(m): 6:53am On May 26, 2016
knightsTempler:
I'm for Anything that would help bring stolen money back to the country coffers, but it should follow due process and it shouldn't be selective as we 're seeing with this government.
wailers alert!

The cogent thing is that ppl being prosecuted actually stole.
When pdp was in power they didnt even prosecute any politician talk more of pdp members.
So we welcome any prosecution no mattes hw lopsided

2 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Missy89(f): 6:56am On May 26, 2016
xwolverine:

Here's the simple fact of the situation. The assets in the United States are only six which by estimate wouldn't exceed the $150 million mark at approximately $25 million each, give or take. Both of them don't have an offshore account in the states in a bid to avoid IRS and the scrutiny of the CIA, which would be their undoing. Its a simple case of diplomatic lobbying to get them extradited to Nigeria or get the feds to get them on money laundry charges and poof, they are sent to Nigeria.

Assets owned by them can't be leased or sold neither can it be used as collateral for loans, they can only access funds in investment funds (if they have one).

Even if the assets in the states are tied up in the courts which I doubt, it only accounts for approximately 11.1% of the total funds, so not a bug deal if the bulk of the money in Europe can be accessed.

First, The CIA doesn't not deal with this kind of issues. But i do agree with you, the injunction is probably more useful in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Larryfest(m): 6:57am On May 26, 2016
Na wa oo....a 2million pound wrist watch? Christ!!

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Ilovemystate: 7:10am On May 26, 2016
Babacele:
hmmmm, wetin clueless no allow? Just imagine the number of SMEs N900m can support.......but Kola wasted our Oil money on Hoes and fast cars! Then a non thinking ipob -avenger would prefer to pin the consequences of Kola's n IB's unbridled plundering on the new administration that is just a year old. Just waiting for May 29th to see who is who in the National Thieves' Register.
Ndi ofe with there silly posts waiting concern Biafra dudes with Alomo sorry Aluko and co, I thought you guys were celebrating him as one of your tribesman in forbes list,the world now know were his ill gotten wealth from, you guys are now pushing the criminal to IPOB, what a hypocritical tribe, dying silently ashame to talk, Southwest and northerners dominated panama list, You guys should use the same way you defended Tinubu , during Jonathan to defend your sons and daughters, stop blaming IPOB, they are your criminals not IPOB, pretending to be holy when we know that majority of you wealthy men got their wealth through back door that the hight of hypocrisy.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Babacele: 7:37am On May 26, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Ndi ofe with there silly posts waiting concern Biafra duds with Alomo sorry Aluko and co, I thought you guys were celebrating him as one of your tribesman in forbes list,the world now know were his ill gotten wealth from, you guys are now pushing the criminal to IPOB, what a hypocritical tribe, dying silent ashame to talk, Southwest and northerners dominated panama list, You guys should use the same way you defended Tinubu , during Jonathan to defend your sons and daughters, stop blaming IPOB, they are your criminals not IPOB, pretending to be holy when we know that majority of you wealthy men got their wealth through back door that the hight of hypocrisy.
you don't even know where I come from. Igbos support and sustain dregs of the society in high places like Dasuks, Alimod, Fayosh,FFk, Saratif, StellaDua , etc........No, we sane nigerians don't sustain nonsense hence we are exposing them....Tinubu will forever remain una nightmare ,all of una ! shebi una Ogas don steal finish, well go jail them finish till the last ipob has no bad role model!
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Babacele: 8:04am On May 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Lolz!! So a federal high court in lagos would seize an asset in los angeles USA? These fools never cease to amaze me!! Very soon a high court in zimbabwe would order the seizure of my property in lagos!!

It is very easy to secure the oluwole injuction anyway,the enforcement is another matter entirely
Igbos no dey read ooo! OK a Mareva injunction has a global efficacy....
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Babacele: 8:09am On May 26, 2016
Missy89:

First, The CIA doesn't not deal with this kind of issues. But i do agree with you, the injunction is probably more useful in Europe.
I think the Feds are buying time and may institute a quasi civil asset forfeiture legal proceedings against Kola and Co. How did they get Abacha loot sef?
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by DExplorer1: 9:07am On May 26, 2016
zheroes:
hahahahahah.. Don't mind him!!!!! He hadn't seen such money before that was why he got tipsy and began to act irrational and got busted. More yet to come. All of these coming out because PMB won. Otherwise it would have been party continua!!!!! Looter acerta!!!!!! Demons..!!! Sucking the blood of the poor masses thru bad roads, lack of medical care and good hospitals. How can a normal human being buy a wristwatch for over N600M? Does it resurrect the dead? I still think PMB is very lenient!!!! These guys should be tied to a pole and left to die!!! They don't have a conscience.
That's why I'd wish the EFCC have the power to convict these people, the judiciary is too sluggish for this massive unfolding of looters.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 9:20am On May 26, 2016
Missy89:

I would assume that Buhari's government is going after assets in the UK. This injunction will be crushed in US courts. They have always rejected it as far as i know

You are very well informed.

The Grupo Mexicana case showed US disfavor towards the Mareva. However, as the article below shows - if the plaintiff can include equitable reliefs in its pleadings the US courts can have a quite different posture towards the Mareva http://www.abi.org/abi-journal/mareva-orders-fact-or-fiction-in-the-united-states
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:30am On May 26, 2016
These two guys are the guys mainly behind the loan loss & poor financial report of first bank& skye bank. Both aluko & jide collected a loan of 120billion naira from firstbank which have negatively impacted firstbanks balance sheet.
Firstbank who gave this loan without collateral by on the recommendationby diezani has the highest NON PERFORMING LOAN of 22% in the banking sector. The benchmark set by CBN is 5% but firstbank has 22%.....
Their last financial report showed their were down on profit by almost 80% because of HIGH LOAN LOSS(impairment charges). If not that firstbank is a big bank by assets, these situation should have made them bankrupt by now.....I don't know if this is a goodnews for firstbank coz my instincts says its not. #Billionaires on debt!
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 10:18am On May 26, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
The Aluko family is a criminal enterprise starting from their patriarch Sam Aluko who was the brain behind £20 to Biafrans after the civil war. I guess the sins of the father is following the offsprings and relations around. There is no rest for the wicked. The first son Bolaji was recently fired as the VC of Fed. University, Otuoke. He remains jobless.
\

As a Nigerian or someone versed in Nigerian affairs which I assume you are, you should know that not everybody with the same surname is related. Not all Alukos, Obis, Muhammeds etc are related. Yoruba names usually describe one's occupation or other descriptions of events that are often replicated across yoruba land. Balogun for instance in yoruba simply means king of the army and so every kingdom in yoruba would by default likely have Baloguns, it does not make everyone with the name Balogun related. In this case Sam Aluko and his sons Gbanga and Bolaji are from Ekiti while Kola Aluko is from Ilesha in Osun state.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 10:21am On May 26, 2016
Missy89:

There is a difference between reality and fantasy. If you think Buhari's visit to Europe and the US will influence those countries to obey a Lagos court order then you are in fantasy land.

Will you shut it! What kind of stupid reasoning is this on a sensitive topic? Even after you've been corrected.

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 10:33am On May 26, 2016
My biggest worry in the fight against corruption is incompetency and lack of thoroughness. For instance, it took me only five minutes to discover that one of the jets the listed for freezing was in fact sold in 2014 and now refistered under a new owner and registration

Aeroplane-Global Express S5-GMG has infact changed ownership and registration twice

Registration Manuf. Model Type c/n i/t Selcal ICAO24 Reg / Opr built test reg delivery prev.reg until next reg status
S5-GMG Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global Express GLEX 9409 L2J 506C27 2010 2013-02 N368HK 2014 9H-ERO reregistered edit

Registration Manuf. Model Type c/n i/t Selcal ICAO24 Reg / Opr built test reg delivery prev.reg until next reg status
M-DSUN Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global Express GLEX 9409 L2J 43EA37 MTJ - Metrojet Ltd 2010 2014-11-25 9H-ERO active edit

The jet is now owned by metrojet Ltd based in Hong kong as M-DSUN, having previously been 9H-ERO, the jet has changed hands twice from when it was S5-GMG. If we are chasing after assets based on obsolete information it's no surprise we never get our monies back.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by tsdarkside(m): 10:46am On May 26, 2016
lonelydora:

Why wasting words on him? He never understands international laws.

dont blame him too much...

for him,the white-man issssss god.....

how can you bring god to court...??,...

this is the effect of religion that is still keeping us down....

we should be more secular like turkey.....we have to become like the ottoman-empire.....

sai..!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 11:21am On May 26, 2016
Sir03:
Nigeria my country,d more u look d less u understand

u never look well, the more you look the more you understand....that NIgeria as presently constituted is destined for failure.
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by tsdarkside(m): 11:27am On May 26, 2016
omoboy88:

u never look well, the more you look the more you understand....that NIgeria as presently constituted is destined for failure.

you are a failure,believing that when the roof of your house collapse over your head you would still be in safty...

you are the failure...
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by xwolverine: 11:28am On May 26, 2016
Missy89:

They do sis, it falls under foreign corruption because the source of funds is a foreign country. I might be wrong though.

Check out the job description on this page on their website

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/analytical/economic-analyst.html

Economic analysts may also assess illicit financial activities, including terrorist and criminal networks, money laundering, or foreign corruption
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by tsdarkside(m): 11:28am On May 26, 2016
pahhhh...
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by Nobody: 11:41am On May 26, 2016
tsdarkside:

you are a failure,believing that when the roof of your house collapse over your head you would still be in safty...

you are the failure...

"I reject it is the name of Jesus", "over my dead body"....these are typical reactions of Nigerians when faced with uncomfortable truths and this is why we never make progress as a country. We like to bury our heads in the sand like Ostriches! That you dont like the message doesnt mean the message is a lie, an "uncomfortable truth" is still a truth!!! Nigeria is structured for failure, the admisnistrative structure and the pyschological orientation of the average Nigerian is programmed for the collective failure of the country. It's why weve always failed despite our resources material and human and why we will always continue to fail....untill we admit our problems and address them. You cannot fix a problem if you are not ready to 1st admit you have a problem and 2ndly to correctly identify the problem! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!

And you have just demonstrated the collective problem of Nigeria and why we dont make progress, you resort to abuse, name calling, denial and blame shifting. Wheras other nations will sit down and analyse the evidence, look for sincere solutions, consider alternative views (note considering an alternative view does not mean accepting it, it simply means you are open minded enough to examine the veracity of a theory) look at empirical evidence and willing to be self critical, my Nigerian brothers resort to statements like yours. This is a demonstration of one of our biggest problems, our mindset, our pysche....it's not geared up for meanigful progress because like most of black africa, we go to school to regurgitate information and facts and not to learn how to think.

In the 40 years that Dubai has transformed itself from a unknown outpost in the middle east to a mecca for even us Nigerians, Fela's songs from the '70s are still as relevant and apt today as they were in the 1970s...what does that tell you? If you are doing something for 40 years and rather than make progress you are going backwards, isn't it about time you admit that you have a fundamental problem and to identify what it is? Different leaders, establishment, non-establishment, civilian, military, North, south, christian Muslim....same problems!!!! Do the math and stop shouting over my dead body!! Even Buhari, much as I love the man is heading in the same direction he was in his 1st incarnation as a head of state! his coming to power then was heralded in the streets then the economy took a nose dive to the point that when an evil Babangida took over, he was again welcomed, with a much worse outcome. I hope history does not repeat itself that we welcome the likes of PDP again but we are headed in that direction. it's not rocket science...just a little common sense and thinking. If we do not study history and learn from it we are condemned to repeat it and to keep repeating it.......like we are currently doing!
Re: Court Freezes Aluko And Omokore's $1.8bn Assets by sweetgala(m): 12:13pm On May 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Lolz!! So a federal high court in lagos would seize an asset in los angeles USA? These fools never cease to amaze me!! Very soon a high court in zimbabwe would order the seizure of my property in lagos!!

It is very easy to secure the oluwole injuction anyway,the enforcement is another matter entirely

Nigeria is party to international agreements that resolve such cross border dilemma what do you think those signed agreements when Buhari visits these countries are.

Essentially the United States consulate and State of Los Angeles would be furnished with these court orders and the said parties have a number of days to contest this in a court with jurisdiction over the matter.

The world is a global vllage the only country these guys are safe in would be Russia and nations we don't have a treaty with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Reveals How PDP Lured APC Lawmakers / Oyibo Odinamadu, First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 / Dauda Philip Gets N8M Motorized Wheelchair 11 Years After Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.