Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving (14408 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by Harmored(m): 7:57am On May 27, 2016
Ooooooooooo cry,I tried as much not to enter page 1 cry
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by iPopAlomo(m): 8:07am On May 27, 2016
golamike:

Mr man, as much as I would not want to downplay d place of common sense, I can boldly affirm that calling d name JESUS has saved people in times of accidents (either by averting d impending evil or restoring hope of living). I have seen living witnesses and heard of many instances.

And those that died did not call Jesus or they did not have faith...?!
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by Boring: 8:17am On May 27, 2016
4 every action dis is equal and opposite reaction...
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by emperorchedda(m): 8:17am On May 27, 2016
golamike:

Mr man, as much as I would not want to downplay d place of common sense, I can boldly affirm that calling d name JESUS has saved people in times of accidents (either by averting d impending evil or restoring hope of living). I have seen living witnesses and heard of many instances.
Madam abeg carry religion go one side. If you like scream jesus 10times and not apply quick safety measure and see if you'll live to tell the story.

The amount of effort people are using to scream jesus should be used to slow down their vehicle, swerve out of the part of a crazy incoming vehicle or even apply emergency brake.
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by souljaboi51(m): 8:48am On May 27, 2016
diportivo:
Head-on-collision = accident

There's a reason it's called "accident"

To avoid it,believe u are the only sane driver on the road

It works wonders grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by diportivo: 9:09am On May 27, 2016
souljaboi51:

grin grin grin grin grin

See teeth like boa constrictor own

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by souljaboi51(m): 9:21am On May 27, 2016
diportivo:

See teeth like boa constrictor own

Who be this one? Pls face your front before collision collision you undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by eaglechild: 9:29am On May 27, 2016
Emeka71:
Well done; also ; when you see another driver trying to overtake you by the left and there is an oncoming vehicle on that highway ; you should slow down ; allow the vehicle overtake you and enter your front.
Very true.
Some drivers tend to increase their speed when another vehicle wants to overtake which is outright dangerous.

Others keep a straight face when they see the overtaking vehicle is struggling and there is an oncoming one.

What will one gain if their is a head on collision because of one's overbloated ego.

Several times I've had to come to an almost complete stop just to let an overtaking vehicle fall into lane to prevent a collision.

However, that is why one must be very careful when overtaking articulated vehicles or other large vehicles as they cannot perform such maneuvers.
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by Onyemabright(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2016
Only GOD can save
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by thesicilian: 10:00am On May 27, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Aunty... I'm more religious than you... you could argue i'm a Muslim and you're a Christian that we don't have the same faith but I drive and I see things... [s]but Jesus won't come down to take the wheel... #Fact [/s]

If one survives an head on Collison... it's down to two things the impact wasn't heavy and you're at the rear... that's all...

Actually Jesus will come down to take the wheel if you believe and you're helpless. Although the OP's advice still stand: e should take prophylactic measures on the road. Even among 2 Christians what works for one may not work for the other, & vice versa, so let's not be too quick to discount another person's faith.
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by Akinaukwa: 10:01am On May 27, 2016
Prayer before driving and thanking God after a succesful driving is the best key. Sometimes you may observe all the rules and yet one driver under satanic influence will still pursue you into the bush where you have cleared and do his worst. This kind of accident happened alond Owo - Akure road, the driver was avoiding the on-coming trailer and even had to swerve into the bush to avoid a head-on-collusion, but alas the trailer driver pursued the vehicle into the bush and ran over part of it killing some passengers in the process. So, its prayers oh!!!!!
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by banmee(m): 10:41am On May 27, 2016
seunlayi:
Like say na so E easy

I tire I swear. Most people wey de use NL be like mentally challenged individuals.
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by iPopAlomo(m): 10:43am On May 27, 2016
thesicilian:

Actually Jesus will come down to take the wheel if you believe and you're helpless. Although the OP's advice still stand: e should take prophylactic measures on the road. Even among 2 Christians what works for one may not work for the other, & vice versa, so let's not be too quick to discount another person's faith.

Should we experiment it...?!

Even the bible says dont call on the Lord's name in vain...
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by streetzdreamz(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2016
diportivo:
Head-on-collision = accident

There's a reason it's called "accident"

To avoid it,believe u are the only sane driver on the road

It works wonders grin
lols,yea you are right but that doesnt work always,a wrong overtaking at a bend by an insane driver will cost the life of the sane driver coming in the opposite direction,have seen such cases,and have been tempted to take the same risk for so many instances, hitting the brakes and slowing down for some seconds seemed so impossible a times, the op has nice points, if this steps are followed,it might not guarantee a happy ending but atleast the impact will be greatly reduced.
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by thesicilian: 11:18am On May 27, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Should we experiment it...?!

Even the bible says dont call on the Lord's name in vain...

the operative term there being ''in vain'' But when you are faced head on with a drunken driver at top speed, there's nothing vain about calling on your Maker to help you.

And I wonder what kind of experiment you want to set up?! grin
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by iPopAlomo(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2016
thesicilian:

the operative term there being ''in vain'' But when you are faced head on with a drunken driver at top speed, there's nothing vain about calling on your Maker to help you.

And I wonder what kind of experiment you want to set up?! grin

When Life puts us in such position... Hopefully i do what i think is right... And you can shout on Jesus's name 1,000,000 times in 2 seconds...

Good day mister...

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by thesicilian: 11:32am On May 27, 2016
iPopAlomo:

When Life puts us in such position... Hopefully i do what i think is right... And you can shout on Jesus's name 1,000,000 times in 2 seconds...

Good day mister...
Good day sir. I pray first, that life doesn't put us in such a position because its not a funny thing at all, and second, if we indeed find ourselves in such a situation, whatsoever we believe in will work for us
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by tommenoh(m): 11:44am On May 27, 2016
furthermore,some times it also happens from sturborness,especially when it has to do from another car,overtaking and from the incoming direction and ur driver,(commercial),refuses to give him room to enter back.in such cases,reduce speed and swerve away,allowing the murderous stupendous,to pass onhis way o!dont risk ur life to dat sort of tin
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by professore(m): 1:15pm On May 27, 2016
If you must hit a solid object, try for a light glance off of it at the side of your car. Don’t hit it head-on. Remember that you may have some damage done to your car, but it will certainly be better than a head-on.

Drive to the right Ditches and shoulders are always better to collide with than other vehicles. If the driver is swerving into your lane and you’ve reduced your speed, drive toward the right of the road.

Drive in the right lane in multi-lane traffic areas, and if you are in the left, drive as close to the right as is safe. This is particularly true of curvy roads, so you can avoid the driver speeding around the bend toward you. [Quote]

These parts of the post got me,overall this post is helpful.
Re: How To Avoid A Head-On Collision While Driving by haryomikun(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2016
Ginaz:

Jesus saves, dont underrate the name called JESUS.
Dey dere.
Heaven helps those who help themselves. Stop giving yourself fallacies. God only helps when he knows there's absolutely no hope again not when you can swerve and avoid an accident...

And it's not in all cases again sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

Washing Automobile Mechanical Parts With Petrol; Is It Really Wrong? / What Are The Causes Of Spark Plug Soaked With Oil? / Dangote Truck Kills A Woman In Otukpo, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.