Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari (39065 Views)

Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria / My Biggest Challenge As Governor- Peter Obi Reveals. Photos / "My Biggest Sin Is That I Talked Too Much Before We Came Into Power"- Lai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by omehsmovie: 7:48am On May 27, 2016
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by LesbianBoy(m): 7:48am On May 27, 2016
Here we go again! Mumu President always blaming one thing or the other undecided

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by princeade86(m): 7:48am On May 27, 2016
Nigeria JAGA JAGA

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by kaziblake(f): 7:48am On May 27, 2016
Sai baba we are solidly behind you...No shaking do your own and leave the rest for God
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Sunnycliff(m): 7:49am On May 27, 2016
Your 97% voted you not to give them an excuse! American economy was bad before Obama took over and he never n-blamed the past administration nor gave excuses for failure. So don't disappoint your zombies cos we don't give a damn about you.

#proudly 5%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by idupaul: 7:50am On May 27, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
Please leave your ministers for now. It is to early to appraise their performance. Also, they just got their budget to work with so time will time.

Sack fashola after 2 years if he can't come up with innovative ideas to energy other than gas. A region should never hold a nation to ransom. Also, carry all stakeholders in the energy sector along e.g. generator sellers, diesel seller etc. If not they will keep sabotaging your effort.

Nigerians are generally lazy and greedy people, we want fast money. surprisingly, unavailability of raw materials, lack of energy, machineries, staff know-how discouraged local investors from manufacture.

the greedy marketers took control of the industry, killing every production company and potential ones. They buy cheap and substandard products from China and sell at high prices to us, thereby controlling the market.

Like the sustainable economist said on channels daily yesterday, we Nigerian like to artificially create inflation and scarcity to enrich a few. He mentioned the fuel issue, diesel (went up immediately form 125 to 142), food stuffs etc.

We are our problem, not the government per say.

I am sure you have a proposal in front of one the ministers
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Nobody: 7:51am On May 27, 2016
The only advantage your government is enjoying is majority of Nigerians have faith in you atleast to set things on the right parts. [/quote]

How did you arrive at the 'majority of Nigerians'?

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by mostyg(m): 7:52am On May 27, 2016
Come and export my ewedu

On a serious note we can improve our forex when we patronize made in Nigeria products and goods..

Imagine all Nigerians spread all over the world insisting on eating ewedu exported from Nigeria rather than buying from the Asian stores, millons of dollars would come into our economy.

Think Nigeria to grow Nigeria.
Nigeria good people, great Nation..
God bless Nigeria...
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by anonimi: 7:52am On May 27, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by MRSALT: 7:52am On May 27, 2016
If the time PMB used in blaming former leaders is used in problem solving, I don't think there would be problem in Nigeria economy mow. I f all the former leaders performed well, Buhari would not have been voted into power. I think it is time for this administration to sit down and do their job.

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by loomer: 7:52am On May 27, 2016
Make I continue to hustle jare.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by akilo1: 7:53am On May 27, 2016
What is my business here?
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by kaziblake(f): 7:53am On May 27, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
ALL glory to GOD.
lolz
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by ddippset(m): 7:54am On May 27, 2016
989900B:
While all those 'silly items' are wrong, they account for less than 20% of our Forex demands.

Repatriation of funds and other 'technical items' (according to CBN), accounts for 30%-40% demand.

Imported refined fuel accounts for 30-40% (Which is the real travesty!).

What measures have the past governments since 1999, done to arrest the importation of agric. products, while we have arable lands and excess supply of manpower?
Where are the single digits soft loans, where are the campaigns, the programs to encourage able bodied men and women to make us not only producers/consumers, but net exporters of these items?

Did we also comatose the refineries?

Or prevented government from building new ones either by PPP, or any other means?

Are we also responsible for not checkmating cross-border smuggling of fuel, and other diversion/fraud of imported fuel which accounts for roughly 30% of the 40m litres of PMS alone that we pay for on paper according to Kachikwu (I don't understand the 'dust' Buhari is 'yarning' up there)?

Stop blaming the people for failures of the government!
Sunnycliff:
Your 97% voted you not to give them an excuse! American economy was bad before Obama took over and he never n-blamed the past administration nor gave excuses for failure. So don't disappoint your zombies cos we don't give a damn about you.
#proudly 5%
989900B:
While all those 'silly items' are wrong, they account for less than 20% of our Forex demands.

Repatriation of funds and other 'technical items' (according to CBN), accounts for 30%-40% demand.

Imported refined fuel accounts for 30-40% (Which is the real travesty!).

What measures have the past governments since 1999, done to arrest the importation of agric. products, while we have arable lands and excess supply of manpower?
Where are the single digits soft loans, where are the campaigns, the programs to encourage able bodied men and women to make us not only producers/consumers, but net exporters of these items?

Did we also comatose the refineries?

Or prevented government from building new ones either by PPP, or any other means?

Are we also responsible for not checkmating cross-border smuggling of fuel, and other diversion/fraud of imported fuel which accounts for roughly 30% of the 40m litres of PMS alone that we pay for on paper according to Kachikwu (I don't understand the 'dust' Buhari is 'yarning' up there)?

Stop blaming the people for failures of the government!
Maybe Maybe because the past American government did not depend solely on oil and because because Bush administration didn't loot the 90 percent of the treasury.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by buchilino(m): 7:54am On May 27, 2016
4 D FIRST TIME HIS SOUNDING REASONABLE 2 ME
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Kastonkastroll(m): 7:54am On May 27, 2016
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Nobody: 7:56am On May 27, 2016
kaziblake:
lolz
hehehe good morning my dear.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by vascey(m): 7:56am On May 27, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
Please leave your ministers for now. It is to early to appraise their performance. Also, they just got their budget to work with so time will time.

Sack fashola after 2 years if he can't come up with innovative ideas to energy other than gas. A region should never hold a nation to ransom. Also, carry all stakeholders in the energy sector along e.g. generator sellers, diesel seller etc. If not they will keep sabotaging your effort.

Nigerians are generally lazy and greedy people, we want fast money. surprisingly, unavailability of raw materials, lack of energy, machineries, staff know-how discouraged local investors from manufacture.

the greedy marketers took control of the industry, killing every production company and potential ones. They buy cheap and substandard products from China and sell at high prices to us, thereby controlling the market.

Like the sustainable economist said on channels daily yesterday, we Nigerian like to artificially create inflation and scarcity to enrich a few. He mentioned the fuel issue, diesel (went up immediately form 125 to 142), food stuffs etc.

We are our problem, not the government per say.

Nigeria's are neither lazy nor greedy. Maybe your family or kindred, I don't know. But not Nigerians.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by ddippset(m): 7:57am On May 27, 2016
Things may not be going well as expected but PDP and anything PDP have earned the right to shut up for another 100 years. lol they even think they will come back to power in 2019 lol.

3 Likes

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by bender79: 7:57am On May 27, 2016
Sunnycliff:

#proudly 5%
shut up there..Obama kept blaming bush for everything until he was reminded he is president. Better don't infest us with inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 7:58am On May 27, 2016
This man should shut up already.

Was he voted to come and continue what the past administrations were doing or was he elected to come and change things to be as it was meant to be?

When u ask a blamer for solutions, he just keeps mute.

Always blaming, keep working already.

1 year is enough for any crop or food item in naija to be grown and cultivated. If he knew what he was doing from d onset, he would have mobilised enough farmers both in commercial and subsistence sectors into a robust Agric era. But NO, he spent the money looking for oil in maidugari, only to come here to blame his father.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by kaziblake(f): 7:58am On May 27, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
hehehe good morning my dear.
Good morning to you too
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Achorise: 7:58am On May 27, 2016
The blame game of Mr President is becoming overbearing, He forgot that he has been there for one year..

We want the way forward.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Ralphdan(m): 7:59am On May 27, 2016
He's talking story story story...
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by nrexzy: 8:03am On May 27, 2016
Well said MR. Presido...carry on... Wailers oya
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by marwanafrica: 8:03am On May 27, 2016
dre11:

......tell me if I should change ministers

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/one-year-in-office-my-biggest-shock-by-buhari/148606.html

. Am a staunchest fan of buhari but from all indication he is a scam he lacks focus, why does he keep blaming the past govt while his own led gov,t is worst off?

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by 989900B: 8:03am On May 27, 2016
Sunnycliff:

#proudly 5%

Obama and them 'dems' still blame Bush till this day.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by bist: 8:03am On May 27, 2016

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by Lilimax(f): 8:04am On May 27, 2016
All these blame games cannot help our country. We've heard enough of it !
You and your ministers should sit down and come up with favourable economic policies that will favour the common man on the street.
Companies are closing down and people are losing their jobs on a daily basis; and the harsh economy is not helping matters. embarassed
The lists are endless... embarassed
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by ozoemenaca: 8:04am On May 27, 2016
What has been your achievement since last year you took over. You better keep quite there, you have already killed so many companies since you became president so what trash is he talking about.
Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by ijija: 8:05am On May 27, 2016
Please somebody should advise Mr president that this country is bigger than any one individual including him. If he is yet to b convinced about devaluation inspire of the glaring consequences of his insistence on a dual exchange rate ,then he should as he says just please accommodate the economists and let our economy move. It smacks of double standards for him to decrying our over reliance on oil yet one of his first actions in office was to release funds for oil exploration in char basin and the only ministry he chose to head was the ministry of petroleum not agriculture. All these press statements he makes about the country are doing more harm than good. He needs to lament less because he is beginning to sound like a broken record. He ran for president four times. Does he in all honesty expect us to believe that he was hoping to come and meet the same conditions he left in 1984?

1 Like

Re: One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari by TeamSimple(m): 8:06am On May 27, 2016
I swear Buhari knows more about Nigeria and it problems than his predecessor. Just so unfortunate hate and politics might not let him outshine him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Fulani Herdsmen & Buhari: FFK And Reno Omokri React (See Tweets) / MC Oluomo Celebrates Wife Adebowale Adewunmi Isiotan AKinsanya On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.