Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September - Sports (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September (45016 Views)

Poll: Who wins this match?

Nigeria: 84% (162 votes)
Tunisia: 8% (17 votes)
Draw: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by tmny: 3:32am On Sep 07, 2009
I hope so ?? shocked
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by OvieE: 3:37am On Sep 07, 2009
mrtarajji:

now youre saying da truth ovie-goat
good luck 2014 and pray that u wont be in our group bitch
FORZA TUNIS

I will not say anything bad about you. Even if Tunisia go to the world cup, How far can they go? I know for sure they will crash out in group stage just as other previou world cup so mrtarajji, there is nothing special about Tunisia and certainly nothing will not change about them. They are losers in world stage. They only want to show off as a good teams in Africa.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bawomolo(m): 3:44am On Sep 07, 2009
kenya would beat tunisia 5-0

pass me the saw dust you are smoking
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by 9ijaprince(m): 5:05am On Sep 07, 2009
This match completely exposed Amodu's technical deficiency.even onigbinde seems to be better tactician.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Lastbourne(m): 5:17am On Sep 07, 2009
@All

see peoples grin venting dem anger cry

na wa o cry undecided

9ja super eagles don tire allman. abeg where siaone de

time for him to take over
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Lastbourne(m): 5:18am On Sep 07, 2009
i no fit sleep sef cry embarassed
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by moonraker(m): 5:31am On Sep 07, 2009
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, i restate my take on this whole issue:
1. The Nigerian team, as presently constituted is not even among the top 10 in Africa and we shouldn't delude ourselves any further!
2. Our national sports policy needs some re-direction. We need to FORGET ABOUT FOOTBALL FOR AT LEAST A WHOLE YEAR and focus on the so-lesser sports. You'd be amazed at how much progress we can make in sports like chess, table tennis, athletics etc given the crazy amounts spent on sponsoring football.
3. The entire team should be lined up and given 24 strokes of koboko , Amodu to receive 48!
4. Kanu is gone. He should tow Okocha's line and retire NOW!

cheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, na no go kill me with laugh, make my boss no catch me,

on a serious note, i am honestly no happy with the super eagles performance, i though i was the only one who noticed that osaze was

running ard like a motorbike, if mikel, taiwo and other did can kind of running, we would have won that game, honestly, i dont whats happening

to our current squad,

In other news, I said it, MIKEL IS WASTE, when i opened a thread abt him, i got abuses from every tom dick and harry especially chidichris,

by the way, where chidichris dey sef
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by RuuDie(m): 5:52am On Sep 07, 2009
Thankfully, i was spared the agony of watching the whole of that game. . . only watched the last 4-5 minutes and from the moment i located the match on my t.v, first thot that came to my mind was "why so much space on the field Is abuja stadium pitch much bigger than wembley or rosario"

It was as if naija had only six players on the field and the pace was so sluggish - "kanu, yobo, mikel, nsofor. . . these guys can't be fasting" i thot to myself.

Lets even over-look all the other technical deficiencies. . . . Ex-super eagle Tijani Babangida who was on AIT to analyse the game surmised it quite succinctly; it is absolutely appalling that the eagles couldn't keep possession the ball, control the tempo and ultimately kill-off a game in which they had the upper-hand; whats more infuriating is that they only had to do this for 5 or 6 MINUTES kpe're!

I hope the eagles don't make it to SA - they don't deserve to!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by RuuDie(m): 5:59am On Sep 07, 2009
@ 190,

nice 1 man. . . sorry about ur fone and all.

thot the illegal ticketing & stadium entry was strictly a lagos thing thats why matches were moved elsewhere grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by RuuDie(m): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2009
To all em fans at the stadia who were throwing missiles at the Tunisians after the 2nd goal. . . . BOOOOO. SHAME ON Y'ALL. Y'ALL ARE INTERNATIONAL DISGRACEs

u should'a been aiming at the naija players, the bench and NFA officials in the stadium!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bydot1(m): 7:26am On Sep 07, 2009
cry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bydot1(m): 7:27am On Sep 07, 2009
Super chickens re at it again!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by slimshay(m): 7:51am On Sep 07, 2009
RuuDie:

Thankfully, i was spared the agony of watching the whole of that game. . . only watched the last 4-5 minutes and from the moment i located the match on my t.v, first thot that came to my mind was "why so much space on the field Is abuja stadium pitch much bigger than wembley or rosario"

It was as if naija had only six players on the field and the pace was so sluggish - "kanu, yobo, mikel, nsofor. . . these guys can't be fasting" i thot to myself.

Lets even over-look all the other technical deficiencies. . . . Ex-super eagle Tijani Babangida who was on AIT to analyse the game surmised it quite succinctly; it is absolutely appalling that the eagles couldn't keep possession the ball, control the tempo and ultimately kill-off a game in which they had the upper-hand; whats more infuriating is that they only had to do this for 5 or 6 MINUTES kpe're!

I hope the eagles don't make it to SA - they don't deserve to!

that is becuase our great coach amodu shuaibu decided to leave just 1 defensive midfielder and throw 5 attckers forward looking for a goal, forgetting that once we get that goal, the tunisia are going to run over us in the midfield. bhence the space and time the tunisian had to lob the ball over our defence for the hearbreaking equalizers. shame sdhame shame!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Hakeemval: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2009
Thi is just the end of an era! I shall throw more light on this may be later in the day. I can't still believe a senior national team of Nigeria could play to the gallery in a match of utmost importance like that. 150 million Nigerians were taken for granted.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Vuitton(m): 8:07am On Sep 07, 2009
cry sad cry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by mrtarajji: 8:24am On Sep 07, 2009
grin grin shocked
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by jesuseun1(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2009
our next matches should be played in lagos ,i mean national stadium,but because of politics our govt will not do it.i Think playing in lagos will make d difference.

secondly,d guys should play with more seriousness and fighting spirit.

I believe if all these are put in place,we will win our next two matches.and with God on our side Tunisia can lose a match.Nothing is impossible with God .we just need a miracle.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Embro(m): 8:32am On Sep 07, 2009
Nigeria vs Tunisia
well the match started with a bright note and for about 20minute it looks like our naija team was going to carry the day and till we scored our team were all over the pitch. It was true that naija took the lead in the twentysth mins but it is the lead that looks so anoying just before i finished celebrting the tunis had equalized was it a dream was wat we were asking ourselves watching the match til they(tunis) jubrilated theirs. Wat a mess 4rm the defence of our team as their carelessness lead to the goal they conceived. And til half-time naija was playing like pregnant women racing. D tunis came all-out n played their game that gave us no room 2 play ours.the second-half started n as usual we started all-the-way again mounting pressure on the tunis playing like wounded lions as if to tear them apart.the goal eventually came close to the end of the game that was after using all maximum Substitution. And again they equalizer and it ended draw. 2 all.I said it before how strong is our team/how prepared are they.4rm the goalkeeper well little to tak about though should have stop their late equalizer,the defenders were all careless 4rm the onset of the game.they all played nothing and cost us darely. The mid-fielders average performance,the forwarders sometime sleeping n someplaying seem 2 be playing putting average performance on display. And the team generally DID NOT PUT THEIR BEST ON DISPLAY they were not even average. putting the tunisian leaders on the table.with 2 match left 2 play will Nigeria quilifer? Is the question 4 another day.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by mentor02: 8:41am On Sep 07, 2009
surport super eagles = High bp. the team is jst playing because they fell they can play footbabal,there is no instruction or tactice from the coaching crew they just left them to play anything they can play . the only tactice our coaching crw has is just to bring in kanu in the second half and believe he can do majic[b] yes[/b][i][/i] kanu is a good player  we love him anytime he comes in he makes a diferece but now that he is tinking of hanging his boot  super eagles is finished.  please let us  stop using foreign based players they  have failed us severally ppllleease  us us make use of the  lacol based players just like tunisia most of their players are locally based and wat diff dose it make from our  team. this foreign based players are just uncontrollable by any local coach

please let us start using lacal players ,maybe set a rule (if u must play for the super eagles then u must e a local league player) maybe our football will change ,most african countries are doing it and we are not beta than them both lin the local  premier league and in the national team
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by U1(m): 8:58am On Sep 07, 2009
I'm not really surprised about the result of the match. Since we started the first stages of the qualifier with the unbeaten run thing, I knew all along it was a fluke.

These chickens that they call eagles are heart-breakers like Cool FM. grin sad angry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2009
jesu seun:

our next matches should be played in lagos ,i mean national stadium,but because of politics our govt will not do it.i Think playing in lagos will make d difference.

secondly,d guys should play with more seriousness and fighting spirit.

I believe if all these are put in place,we will win our next two matches.and with God on our side Tunisia can lose a match.Nothing is impossible with God .we just need a miracle.
No Future Ambition moved matches out of lagos to teach the supporters a "lesson".
If they were smart they would realise the crowd in made them to play better.But in their ostrich wisdom,they felt Abuja was better.well the reaction from the crowd tells methat Nigerian fans are the same,wherever you go.
moonraker,
abeg carry go.I'm looking for that bootlicker,that testicle sucker called chidichris as well.
Mikel=biggest piece of sh*t Naija has ever had to put on the green jersey.
Apart from Osaze,nobody there justified wearing our jersey.
But i ain't surprised really,Amodu shouldnt have been there in the first place.
Some pointed to his perfect record frm wins over perennial minnows.
Nigeria won't be in SA next year.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by mentor02: 8:59am On Sep 07, 2009
OvieE:

When I was watching the game, I thought of OKOCHA, SUNDAY OLISE and FINIDI GEORGE. I BELIEVE OKOCHA & OLISE IS young enough to still play than that of Kanu. Sorry to say but the fact is that Nigeria will not make it. Remember world cup 2006 were as Nigeria and Angola end up 21 point, but Angola went instead because Nigeria played a 0-0 in Angola but Angola draw 1-1 in Kano. History is repeating it self again. Goal difference no longer account. Nigeria is done and we need to accept the fact. Their is noway Tunisia will lose or draw their last two games. They know what is at stake. Nigeria is a mess up country. I wish I never came from that country. Nigeria is the reason Africa is going backward. I think is time those small country look for a better role model. Imaging skipped church to watch two years old playing for Nigeria useless country. TUNISIA, welcome to SA 2010. Tunisia, you will be better Representative for Africa that Chicken Eagles. Nigeria and Cameroon are disgrace to Africa football.
    hey  fronza  from tunis watch your big mouth if i get u iwill squeez  it .
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Marymos: 9:02am On Sep 07, 2009
Our defenders made us loose the match.They allow the Tunisian to posses the ball and do whatever they want with the ball.They wait to mark them only when they get into the eighteen yard box.The question i will like to ask is that is that how the defenders play in their various club?where i have problem with coach Amodu is that the blunder the defenders made was too glearing in the first half and i expected him to have talk to them during half time to ensure close marking but he didn't do that.Or was it that the boys did not play to instruction?I was dis sappointed in Yobo.I had expected him to coordinate the defence when he saw that they are making blunder as not just the captain of the team but as an experience player.Every thing went wrong with our team.Is a petty we lost the chance of qualifying to the world cup yesterday.
We were even Lucky to have drawn the match.

Is hard time the coaching crew start looking for defenders so that thy can redeem they image in Angola 2010.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by jesuseun1(m): 9:08am On Sep 07, 2009
we will make it 2 d world cup.I can see it.despite all odds.can u see and believe it too?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 9:08am On Sep 07, 2009
Abeg, who was that player that made a back pass even though he was clear on goal? Honestly speaking, I have never seen such before.  shocked
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nezan(m): 9:14am On Sep 07, 2009
Nigeria may not go to the world cup again? very scary!!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2009
The funny thing about this group is that every team still has a mathematical chance of winning the group.  Yes  I mean even mozambique or kenya.

1. Tunisia   needs to win their remaining two matches (kenya home,Mozambique away). They are favoured to win Kenya at home, however with the Nations cup ticket at stake and an arithmetic  chance of qualifying for the world cup if they win their remaining two matches, an unlikely upset can not be ruled out. Against mozambique the tunisians will have to fight the weather,youth and determination of the mozambique team to qualify. Since Mozambique will at least still have the nations cup to play for, we expect them to fight all the way. However experience and technical depth of the Tunisians might just see them through.

2. Nigeria needs to win their remaining two matches convincingly and hope that tunisia slip to be able to qualify. Home match against mozambique which on paper Nigeria should win. However considering the determination of the Mozambique side and the fact that Nigeria has played poorly in the last four qualifying matches(yes even against kenya), an upset will not surprise most Nigerians. Against Kenya who will at least be playing for a nations cup spot, the chances are very slim that Nigeria can pull an outright win.

See as Amodu turn me to pools staker wey dey do permutation  grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2009
FBS:

Abeg, who was that player that made a back pass even though he was clear on goal? Honestly speaking, I have never seen such before. shocked

God bless you , I thought I was the only one that saw it. Infact I was thinking he knew he was already offside. Even Arsenal never try that kind thing before.

That climaxed of the unserious showing of our team yesterday.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 9:22am On Sep 07, 2009
na_so:

God bless you , I thought I was the only one that saw it. Infact I was thinking he knew he was already offside. Even Arsenal never try that kind thing before.

That climaxed of the unserious showing of our team yesterday.
grin  grin  grin
offside? hmmm! you do have a point but still cannot figure it out. Why the back pass?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2009
na-so,
While mathematically,it is still possible,I don't see Tunisia slipping up at this point.
remember,on head-to-head,they have the edge on us,having scored twice against us at home.
I don't think they can lose to any of Mozambique& Kenya.
As for the back pass,una go kill me wit laff.
That Eneramo is a stone-cold idiot.
FBS:

grin grin grin
offside? hmmm! you do have a point but still cannot figure it out. Why did back pass?
paddy mi,
how far na?where u dey sef?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2009
Eastbay:

na-so,
While mathematically,it is still possible,I don't see Tunisia slipping up at this point.
remember,[b]on head-to-head,[/b]they have the edge on us,having scored twice against us at home.
I don't think they can lose to any of Mozambique& Kenya.
As for the back pass,una go kill me wit laff.
That Eneramo is a stone-cold idiot.
The head to head rule does not count. There is a different format in place.
http://www.football-rankings.info/2008/09/2010-fifa-world-cup-league-format.html
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by akolemoney: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2009
i sincerely think the whole team should be disbanded immediately for their stupid performance on sunday

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (46) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi: I Used To Hawk Groundnut, Wash Windscreen In Lagos Traffic / Arsenal Star Bukayo Saka Is In Lagos [video, Photos] / Wayne Rooney Joins Everton (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.