Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September - Sports (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September (45059 Views)

Poll: Who wins this match?

Nigeria: 84% (162 votes)
Tunisia: 8% (17 votes)
Draw: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2009
FBS,
Thank for the info.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2009
Eastbay:

paddy mi,
how far na?where u dey sef?
Omo, We Thank God oh. I dey wink. How your end na? where you dey hide these days sef.
See what your players did yesterday. Kai, I dont even know what to say.
What does it take to hold on to a lead for some 5 mins? na wa ooh. But sha, the comments on this thread just dey make the laugh. Nigerians funny no be small.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 9:30am On Sep 07, 2009
FBS:

The head to head rule does not count. There is a different format in place.
http://www.football-rankings.info/2008/09/2010-fifa-world-cup-league-format.html

Even when the head to head rule  was operational , away goals did not have any extra score. Hence 0-0  and 2-2 still place us on the same level. The main problem now is the points difference between Nigeria and Tunisia
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2009
na_so:

Even when the head to head rule  was operational , away goals did not have any extra score. Hence 0-0  and 2-2 still place us on the same level. The main problem now is the points difference between Nigeria and Tunisia
All hope is NOT lost sha. The SE can still make it.  cool

But that back pass. . .how could a player do that? grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 07, 2009
FBS:

Omo, We Thank God oh. I dey wink. How your end na? where you dey hide these days sef.
See what your players did yesterday. Kai, I dont even know what to say.
What does it take to hold on to a lead for some 5 mins? na wa ooh. But sha, the comments on this thread just dey make the laugh. Nigerians funny no be small.
Abeg forget those guys.I didn't expect anything more.
I dey oh, I go vacation.A belated honeymoon.My madam has been disturbing me for it since last year.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by croj(m): 9:35am On Sep 07, 2009
NIgeria is really messed up. Amodu surely cannot succeed. there was no cohesion on the eagles team so i would urge the NFF to hand the job over to samson siasia without wasting time. that will be after the world youth championship he is leading the u20 to.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2009
FBS:

grin  grin  grin
offside? hmmm! you do have a point but still cannot figure it out. Why did back pass?  

I think he was playing to instruction. Yes Amodu's instruction  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Akanniade(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2009
What a shame. sad sad sad
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2009
Nigeria is a lost cause.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2009
Eastbay:

Abeg forget those guys.I didn't expect anything more.
I dey oh, I go vacation.A belated honeymoon.My madam has been disturbing me for it since last year.

Honeymoon! how nice cheesy. Congrats and welcome.  grin cheesy

As per the SE of Nigeria, maybe the name is the problem sef. Let them just revert to green eagles je je.  grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by RSA(m): 9:41am On Sep 07, 2009
The best teams will qualify in the pitch,loosers will qualify with their mouth.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 07, 2009
FBS,
Thanks o!
I think we've gotten to the end of the period where we are actually contenders for tournaments.
We need to rebuild from scratch.some players are jut not worth the grass the game was played on.Olofinjana,the Uche brothers,Nsofor,.
And of course let's have a sound coach.If I'm mistaken,tunisia's coach was in charge of Portugal for a spell.Abeg  no sure,but correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Niseed(m): 9:54am On Sep 07, 2009
NIGERIA!!!!! we cant even beat a team of fasting players?? i laugh in french canadian.

we never fail to disappoint sha!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chosen04(f): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2009
Niseed:

NIGERIA!!!!! we cant even beat a team of fasting players?? i laugh in french canadian.

we never fail to disappoint sha!!

Yes, I wonder, WHY ARE WE SOOOOOOOOOOO USELESS?

I DONT BELIEVE IN nIGERIA ANYMORE.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2009
Eastbay:

FBS,
Thanks o!
I think we've gotten to the end of the period where we are actually contenders for tournaments.
We need to rebuild from scratch.some players are jut not worth the grass the game was played on.Olofinjana,the Uche brothers,Nsofor,.
And of course let's have a sound coach.If I'm mistaken,tunisia's coach was in charge of Portugal for a spell.Abeg  no sure,but correct me if I'm wrong.
You are spot on my guy but a brilliant manager/coach just have to take charge. Question is who? Siasia is the only name that comes to my mind.

Yep, tunisia's coach is portuguese and led Portugal to the semi-finals of Euro 2000 before managing Morocco and South Korea.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bodejohn(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2009
It was great watching the 11 point agenda team.
Like president like national football team, very slow in everything.
There were some rumors during Babangida's regime that his lucky was only good for a second position or runners up.
I really wonder what the lucky of this regime is. All the players and even the coaching crew looked confused.
It is really unfortunate that we cannot get anything right in this country, not even ordinary sports.
Only perhaps corruption!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2009
Aswerigad, Nigeria and the Super Eagles are bleeped up.

Football is about the only thing that unites the nation but for some reason we have consistently failed to put up a performance.

What a bunch of over-paid, over-pampered and over-rated tossers.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2009
[center]Nigerian Corner: Enter The Season Of World Cup Permutations Again[/center]
Nigeria's Super Eagles suffered a massive setback in their quest to play at next year's World Cup following Sunday's draw with rivals Tunisia. Goal.com's Samm Audu looks at what has befallen a nation that will now be counting on other teams to fly them to South Africa 2010,

Former Nigeria international goalkeeper Ike Shorunmu wept like a baby at the end of Sunday's World Cup qualifier between the Super Eagles and their Tunisian counterparts.

The reason for his tears? The 2-2 draw at the Abuja National Stadium has, without doubt, compromised the chances of Nigeria making it to next year's World Cup in South Africa.

The expectation of a Nigerian victory had been so high that the 'plastic' city of Abuja, with its beautiful layouts and smooth, expansive roads, showed an unusual display of passion leading up to the must-win game, from flag-carrying cars to the high noise level around the match venue.

. . .
The Carthage Eagles defended and attacked in numbers, while Nigeria often threatened when they attacked the North Africans, but were very vulnerable on the counter-attack. There was simply no ball-winning player in the midfield, with John Mikel Obi and Seyi Olofinjana running into each other, more often than not.

A top foreign coach friend of mine rang me after just five minutes into the match and said: "The Nigerian tactics are a big zero. If my team play like this, we are dead!"

One would then have thought that after Eneramo's superb strike had brought the Super Eagles back from the dead, Nigeria would have been able to now hold on to the lead, even if they had to play negative football as there was only about two minutes to spare.

http://goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2009/09/07/1485549/nigerian-corner-enter-the-season-of-world-cup-permutations
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2009
Eagles paid $10000 for Tunisia draw

After a deflating 2-2 draw against Tunisia which has left the country's World Cup hopes on thin ice, Nigeria's Super Eagles will be paid their full $10 000 match bonus.

Sources at the NFF informed KickOffNigeria.com that the Glass House had been instructed by the Sports Ministry to pay full match bonuses to the players.

In his address to the team after the game, NSC chairman and Sports Minister Sani Ndanusa, almost in tears, told the players they did their best and assured them they would be paid their full match bonus.

The NFF were subsequently directed to effect the payments on Sunday night.

It is a directive that has left the football house stunned.

"How can we justify that to Nigerians? But the NSC have given us a directive and we have no option but to comply," the NFF source said.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=10877
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 07, 2009
These players better not turn up for the next matches.
Amodu should do the honourable thing. . . . . . .RESIGN!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by koolchicco: 10:22am On Sep 07, 2009
$10,000 for throwing away the WC ticket?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2009
Cristalz on Yesterday at 09:41:31 PM:
whenever any Super Eagle had the ball, a red shirt was present to stop him. There was a time when there were 3 red shirts on one player alone!
Red shirts ke? did you watch the match through B&W spectacles?  grin  grin
Tunisians wore white (numbers and stripes in red though), no?  cheesy
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by soloqy: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2009
koolchicco:

$10,000 for throwing away the WC ticket?

Its strange how whenever the Nigerian government and officials promise improved  largesse to our sports men/women, thats the time they fail woefully.

Wont they just stay away with their bad luck and let the sports people perform without being distracted by the thoughts of earnings?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by soloqy: 10:33am On Sep 07, 2009
FBS:

Red shirts ke? did you watch the match through B&W spectacles?  grin  grin
Tunisians wore white (numbers in red though), no?  cheesy

Can you blame her for *seeing Red* ? Really grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by wales7479(m): 10:36am On Sep 07, 2009
This time its the Players fault. Yobo/Taiwo should not be called up for any internationals. The team lack a leader and a fighter. We all know that Olofinjana is too heavy to lift his legs and Mikel would alway be an average player. The coach played the team that all nigerians are expecting. Obasi for me should not be a starter, he is yet to click in the national team. I respect the Tunisians (CATHAGE EAGLES) the way they play, they played like a compact team even though the ref was on our side but they played very well and better the the CHICKEN EAGLES.

I think the team should be handed over to SAMSON SIASIA and we should strat planning for the next world 2014. He should use the next 2 editions of the nations cup to test run and we should never think of winning any major tournament now. Please we must stop the idea of winning major tournaments cuz we can't win it and most nigerians will end up having heart-ache of these CHICKEN EAGLES.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by FBS: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2009
soloqy:

Can you blame her for *seeing Red* ? Really grin
No she ain't guilty.  grin (with that sort of display from the SE of Nigeria, one will easily see different colors out of anger.)
But then she was at the stadium.  grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bibiking1(m): 10:43am On Sep 07, 2009
Haven't they sacked Amodu yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by koolchicco: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2009
bibiking1:

Haven't they sacked Amodu yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Wonder ooo.abi dem dey wait make we cook rice 4 dem? angry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by 9ijaprince(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2009
What happened yesterday was the dividend of not playing international friendly last august. That team that played yesterday lacked the finesse and commitment to be in the world cup. Amodu should foolishly resign after the nations cup. Its so sad that we have to watch other nations play this world cup on african soil. Anyway what do you except nigeria is a failed state nothing is really working in this country. Even the only sector that keeps nigerias happy has finally collapsed. I could not sleep last night.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Cristalz(f): 10:59am On Sep 07, 2009
You guys should shut it jo. grin

What color is the Tunisian flag? Ain't it red? I sat close to their supporters and I kept looking at how steadfast they were with their drumming and all despite the fact that they were so few compared with the entire Naija crowd.  .  .guess the red stuck.
Also both sides were on the pitch warming up from 4.15 till 4.45 when they went back in to put their proper jerseys on. Some of the Tunisian guys wore red. I just associated the color with them. Our boys wore both white and green shirts when they were warming up.

Imagine, people were throwing bottles at the Tunisian supporters when they were leaving at the end of the game. I felt so ashamed for Naija. One of the Tunisian men was wearing a Super Eagles jersey. He kept kissing the Eagle badge and showing a thumbs up at the crowd and smiling like, ''yeah, go Eagles. I'm with y'all though I'm white and Tunisian and glad you guys couldn't win.''
Twaz super funny.

@FBS
The dude with pink/red boots made that stupid unnecessary pass. I was baffled myself. There was absolutely no reason for him not to have taken a shot at goal. I was tempted to throw my water bottle at him. grin
I didn't tho. Perhaps I should have.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2009
It's a collective effort.I wouldn't blame Taiwo/yobo,because they are probably the fall guys.
What about Amodu's tactics?No DM to stop the Tunisian who took 45 years to weigh that lob over taiwo.
When he was removing all the midfielders and bringing in strikers who backpass in front of the oppositions 18 yeard box.
We shouted our arses hoarse that Amodu was not fit to be coach.Some people were pointing to meaningless results against Equatorial guinea and Sierra Leone.
Tunisia's coach once handled Portugal.why can't we scout for world-class materials,instead of junks like Amodu and Amokachi?
Now we have become pool experts.the same situation we were in for 2006.we need other minnows to do us a favour.You think they will?
To make matters worse,instead of getting a good technical bench,we feel a committee/task force to "motivate" players.what kind of junk is that?
does Brazil need any monetary incentive to beat Argentina?No.The rivalry and ensuing bragging rights are enough to put the fire and desire into getting the job done.
Here.we believe in putting the cart before the horse.That's why tunisia had mercy on us.otherwise they should have beaten us with that shambolic performance we put up.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Cristalz(f): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2009
Honestly, Amodu should be blamed first. His game plan was non-existent. His entire approach was appalling. Then the players, except Osaze, all had their own individual ideas.
Twaz just so poor from them.

People may not like Westerhof for whatever reason(s), but I still believe he is the best person for the job. Himself and Siasia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mali : International Friendly 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Ronaldo To Self-Isolate In Madeira & "Won't return to Italy After Rugani Case" / Arsenal Star Bukayo Saka Is In Lagos [video, Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.